• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic
Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Resurrected Thread is resurrected.

Glitchers/exploiters didn't "ruin" the community. The community ruins the community. Ask yourself this: if those people who glitched millions hadn't done so, but had instead bought millions via cash cards, would you still be claiming they were ruining the community merely because they have more money than you? 

I don't like the idea of cash cards. I think real money should only be able to purchase cosmetic items like clothing or non-performance-impacting car mods, but R* has chosen the route they have and I can live with it. That also means I have to live with the fact that there will always, always be someone out there with shinier toys. And so what? 

I'm not bothered by someone who has the money and rank to purchase those shiny things. I'm bothered by the racist idiots on mics, the shrieking rage-maniacs who take things waaaay too seriously, the griefers who seem to only exist to screw up your mission, etc. The LSC glitch isn't some sort of "instant a$$hole" potion. 

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm now 78 legit and I have friends from 80 to 110 legit. Don't worry about the twitch-kids. See all the threads about the the dwindling populations on servers? That's what culling a herd looks like. :) And you know the purpose of culling right?

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Keep in mind they are probably very bored with the game now that they have unlocked everything.

You know it would have been fun to earn things "legit" as the whiners call it if you weren't being paid like a wage-slave in a VIDEO GAME. I don't think most people want to come home to that.

It would have been fun to gradually build up and earn things, and feel like success in missions with your friends really made a difference. Without mincing words however; they royally f'ked it up. They made that true MMORPG aspect worthless, so now it's just a big online sandbox.

There is nothing to be gained by doing 1000 dollar missions for Simeon. If you want to make a bit more it's grinding criminal records which also levels you up way too fast. The MMORPG portion is broken (non-existant, actually) and that's why people are finding new ways to enjoy the game.

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I glitched my 106 character, am I anywhere near better than ppl who are rank 50? no. But I have more fun when I have the RPG and the Combat MG and the Heavy Sniper.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Happy Halloween !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

I glitch, I exploit, i also drive a futo.  Not all of us are bad people :)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

I glitched my 106 character, am I anywhere near better than ppl who are rank 50? no. But I have more fun when I have the RPG and the Combat MG and the Heavy Sniper.

:^: :^: Getting leveled up to have access to fun weapons and mods is such a grind that it incentivizes me to prowl the forums and Google for low-risk exploits or tricks to improve the efficiency of farming.  I don't have hundreds of hours to do repetitive races and low-yield missions night after night just to get my hand on a f*cking rocket laucher so I can have some GTA fun. 

The thing that ruins online play for me is the endless stream of idiots who kill me on sight.  I run in fear from white dots.  Besides the usual spawnkilling spiral, twice in just maybe 1 hour of GTA0 public time, sh*theads (white dots on the map) who are apparently racing and doing their own thing, have detoured in order to kill me within seconds, without even missing a beat.  You can't even have a chance of killing them in their bulletproof cars - it's basically god mode.  Mindless K/D farmers ruin the online experience.  f*ck them.  :angry:

SandwichMonarch
  • SandwichMonarch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

u mad

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

:^: :^: Getting leveled up to have access to fun weapons and mods is such a grind that it incentivizes me to prowl the forums and Google for low-risk exploits or tricks to improve the efficiency of farming.  I don't have hundreds of hours to do repetitive races and low-yield missions night after night just to get my hand on a f*cking rocket laucher so I can have some GTA fun. 

The thing that ruins online play for me is the endless stream of idiots who kill me on sight.  I run in fear from white dots.  Besides the usual spawnkilling spiral, twice in just maybe 1 hour of GTA0 public time, sh*theads (white dots on the map) who are apparently racing and doing their own thing, have detoured in order to kill me within seconds, without even missing a beat.  You can't even have a chance of killing them in their bulletproof cars - it's basically god mode.  Mindless K/D farmers ruin the online experience.  f*ck them.  :angry:

Sounds like you should play something else.

Angry Birds maybe more your speed.

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

the gta community started ruined tbh

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

After we won the mission, they messaged me and said, "You're welcome." What am I welcome for?

For completing the mission for you after you died.

LeScone
  • LeScone

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

To all the people who are whipped up and complaining about cheaters

At the end of the day it's a game, it's sole purpose is to give the buyer x amount of fun, if the buyer is not having fun it's not a game to them it's simply an item they purchased, if the buyer wants to cheat fine go ahead, as long as that buyer is having x amount of FUN they have done the right thing, no matter if it's against the rules or pissing other people off, that player is having fun and that's what rockstars main purpose is, anyone who disagrees needs to learn some simple economics

this^ plus, so you got killed!! Seriously?!?! Big f*ckin deal, respawn and get on with it!

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

The money glitching isn't really a problem.  So some guy has a fast car he can't drive--that doesn't matter too much.

The glitches that are problems are these three:  The passive mode glitch where folks can still attack but cannot be attacked, and the invisibility glitch where folks run around invisible attacking people, and the insuring-things-which-shouldn't-be-insured glitch, causing other people to pay a lot of money for blowing up tanks and buzzards.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Sounds like you should play something else.

Angry Birds maybe more your speed.

Haha, funny guy.  How do you kill guys doing drive-by's in bulletproof cars without getting killed yourself?

GTAV Single Player would be more my speed.  I happily played TBOGT until the week that GTAV came out.  But after the short, half-baked GTAV story, there's nothing to do but get chased by cops.  I will play through single player sometime again, but in meantime, GTA0 Solo mode is the new single player game for me.  Lots of NPCs to kill, and no threat of Bad Sport hanging overhead. 

rnb010
  • rnb010

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

To all the people who are whipped up and complaining about cheaters

At the end of the day it's a game, it's sole purpose is to give the buyer x amount of fun, if the buyer is not having fun it's not a game to them it's simply an item they purchased, if the buyer wants to cheat fine go ahead, as long as that buyer is having x amount of FUN they have done the right thing, no matter if it's against the rules or pissing other people off, that player is having fun and that's what rockstars main purpose is, anyone who disagrees needs to learn some simple economics

this^ plus, so you got killed!! Seriously?!?! Big f*ckin deal, respawn and get on with it!

always funny watching people co-sign a retarded remark..

youd actually think a moneymaking body would focus on a minority for income?

cmon now

"anyone who disagrees needs to learn some simple economics"

cracked me up!!

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Everyone's Rank is legit, there are no exploits. I mean the criminal records 7krp was there since day 1. Rockstar didn't fix this, I call that Legit.

Also Money doesn't affect you if you haven't unlocked everything.

Lol. Let me guess, you're one of the exploiters. It's an exploit, end of story. They didn't intend on it being that way, and people took advantage of it. They even tried to fix it to where you couldn't replay from the playlist menu, but people found out you could do it from the mission screen. Enough... stop. It's an exploit. 

Criminal records is not an exploit, r* has clearly proven that it is a part of the game. This is coming from a person who thinks criminal records should be deleted from the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users