World record times in races

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

I understand alot of people play this game. I also am aware there are probably a million better players than me. But some of the times I have seen on certain races, such as motorbike only just don't make any sense to me. Skill is one thing. Beating my personal best, where I've done a race 30 times, and the best time is still a minute below mine seems very unrealistic. Don't bother trolling me. I said I know there are better players than me.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

It also depends on your Internet connection speed or ISP. If it's really slow then your vehicle will be slow. I know this because I watched my bro play an online race and both of them chose the same vehicle and yet the other player outran him like a bat outta hell. There is no way the same vehicle would outrun him like that. And I know for a fact that he was in the lead at first then the other player just left him in the dust. So check your ISP and see your speed.

• marijuanaz likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

It also depends on your Internet connection speed or ISP. If it's really slow then your vehicle will be slow. I know this because I watched my bro play an online race and both of them chose the same vehicle and yet the other player outran him like a bat outta hell. There is no way the same vehicle would outrun him like that. And I know for a fact that he was in the lead at first then the other player just left him in the dust. So check your ISP and see your speed.

Possibly ping. Ping makes mmos complete bullsh*t if they're heavy on twitch-based competition. I used to play a game with no cooldowns on skills -- so to win in a pvp fight, you'd surprise and spam the sh*t out of your best skills. I was one of the best people in the entire server in terms of skill and equipment but I still got ROYALLY owned by some European people because their ping was insanely low (like 5 vs 120). It pissed me off because there was nothing I could do about it.

• marijuanaz likes this

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by marijuanaz, 22 October 2013 - 07:29 AM.

Thanks, I never thought of it like that. I have 50mb/s connection. Very fast. But I live way up north in Canada. So I'm looking forward to dedicated servers in COD Ghosts.

Does GTA 5 have dedicated servers?

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

There is definitely some weird times, like the world record in the prison race (I forget the name) is ten seconds. No way you can do a complete lap in ten seconds, regardless of internet speeds.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Thanks, I never thought of it like that. I have 50mb/s connection. Very fast. But I live way up north in Canada. So I'm looking forward to dedicated servers in COD Ghosts.

Does GTA 5 have dedicated servers?

50mb/s? Damn that's a lot more than what I have. I have like 2mb/s speed no wonder that other guy outran his ass lmao. At&t is a f*cking joke. Ask anyone who has their internet service and they will tell you.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

There is definitely some weird times, like the world record in the prison race (I forget the name) is ten seconds. No way you can do a complete lap in ten seconds, regardless of internet speeds.

Yep, there is another race (somewhere in the city) with 15-20 checkpoints or so, the world record is 14 seconds...

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

The reason you're getting left behind in the same car is because custom cars is on and they're using a beef'd up version while you are using the stock one.

Turn custom cars off for a more fair race.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

I saw one race somewhere with a WR of just 1 second. Which of course is not possible so something is definitely wrong with the WR's.

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Actually really glad that I invested in Virgin Media 120mb fibre optic before GTA came out.. This has saved me a lot of bullsh*t haha but still see people/npcs glitching all over the place

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Apparently some records set in the first day or so are caused by lag so bad the servers spawned people at the very end of the race - they immediately crossed the start/finish line and set records of 1 or 2 seconds...

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

my times don't even save, my leaderboard times just change just showing the time I done after that race. I've set many WR times but they don't stay there so I dont really understand them. 

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

There's something seriously wrong with WR times but being left behind in a race has nothing to do with lag unless you can see the game lagging.

Check who is hosting and see how much quicker they are most of the time.

They're selecting a class they have modded a car in and leaving custom cars on, even if you select the same car or dont have a custom car in the same class you won't be able to keep up in a straight line.

I had a race with 1 other person, we both started in adders, i nailed the turbo start as did he and he shot away, even in his slipstream he was pulling away, luckily he couldnt handle the bends and it was an easy win but if he could it would've been a waste of my time.

Custom cars should be turned off by default

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

How/where can i look up records for races??

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

I've seen records of 5 seconds, average person it would take about 4 minutes, point to point I'm talking about

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

50mb/s is fast, it's in fact insanely fast. However, you probably have 50mbit connection which is moderate.

There's a lot of times that clearly have been done with some sort of cheat or glitch. Also, some times seems to be extremely hard to achieve, but maxupgrade a bike, get one or two friends to slipstream and add gta race with turbo powerups and you can get pretty much faster lap times than otherwise possible.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by SkyWest1218, 14 November 2013 - 07:57 PM.

I often wonder if people have set these records through various hacks or exploits of some sort...there's one air race I did (keep in mind, I'm a pretty darn good pilot. Not the best, but I've done easily hundreds of air races and have only lost two) where I got my lap time down to like 1 minute and 58 seconds, and that was with cutting corners, skimming buildings, doing the smoothest, quickest turns I could possibly pull off. Since the only aircraft you could use was the Extra 300 (or whatever Rockstar's version of it is called), I'm pretty sure the record time of 22 seconds wasn't set through legitimate means...

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Criminal Records has a WR of 0.10 seconds at one point, I'm not sure if it still does because it's been a few weeks since I checked. But yeah, people are obviously hacking. 

Ashwulf
  • Ashwulf

Beer Tester

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I sent Rockstar an e-mail asking them to reset the obviously hacked times, otherwise they're useless.

Cats of Kliban
  • Cats of Kliban

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

How/where can i look up records for races??

Easiest way I know of is to go to the race marker on the map. Do a solo session & set the online join option to closed ..just so you can browse freely without wasting the time of other players.

Host the race & on the race details screen look to lower right corner ..& you'll see the leaderboard option. 

The records are for fast lap and total race ..AND ..are by # of laps. You set that on the race options screen, not on the leaderboard display.

Two points:

1. The coding that checks so as to give the world record award ..is broken. I got the award with lousy times.

2. Since the bug in point 1 probably isn't reliable, you can maybe work the laps up to unglitched runs or even "never done" runs ..& still earn the award legit.

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:50 AM

Criminal Records for me is 3 tenths of a second, that is Total BullSh!t...

rdchili96
  • rdchili96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

The idea that the cars mods is why one car is faster is false, there is NO way to increase the speed of any car, you can improve acceleration (Which just makes you reach the top speed faster).

It's clearly a glitch of some sort.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Please do not post in old threads. It bumps the topic to the top of the board and as older topics contain outdated information/discussion this causes confusion when people read the topic from the beginning.

If you have a subject that you feel ought to be discussed feel free to start a new topic
but first, please make use of the search function to ensure that there is not a recent topic (that covers the subject), that you can post in.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users