Quantcast

» «
Photo

The next thing they need to fix is CHAT!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic
gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

So i learned this evening, if you have you chat setting to 'everyone' in the interaction menu, you literally can hear everyone.

Maybe not such a big deal to some, but if you're like me and have your chat settings to 'Crew & Friends' or like last night i was just exploring free roam with two of my friends so had it set to just 'Friends', people in the same lobby with their chat set to 'Everybody' can still hear you, which is f*cking bullsh*t.

I didn't like the fact that there was no proximity chat, and no easy way to quickly tell who is talking on the the entire map without going into the 'Player' page of the 'Online' menu section, but i genuinely thought this whole time that me and my crew and friends were the only ones that could hear each other when we were rolling together for a few hours in the same lobby. Like i said, maybe it's not a big deal to many people, maybe i should have known that?

Of the features that feel unpolished and not quite up to scratch, chat is one of the features that feels unfinished in my opinion, hope they change it in the near future.

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Everyone else can still hear you?
Well that's the last tine I sing outside a solo session.

But fer real that's lame.

Jopa1985
  • Jopa1985

Stabbymagee

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Hmm what console you on? On the 360 no one else can hear you, some of my friends do it and I always hear people asking me why I'm talking to my self.....lol

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

are you f*cking kidding me?

i bought a headset just yesterday and assumed nobody could hear me when i set it to 'no-one'

singing in showers, barking at shop keepers, seducing cute peds, talking to my car.. i did it all

ExodusXT
  • ExodusXT

Care Factor: 0.00

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

i am certain its working as advertised because I have had people go silent upon changing channels... what i hate is people with over sensitive mics... you can hear their baby crying in the background and they dont talk the entire session so they have no reason to have their mic on...

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

That's not entirely true.

The channels allow comms with whomever is on the same channel ONLY.

If my crew and friends are set to friends only & I'm set to crew & friends, we can't hear each other.

Chat IS broken though. After extensive gaming periods (and mostly when someone leaves or joins your channel) the chat sometimes sets to everyone, despite appearing to be set to a closed channel.

Finding a new session fixes this problem.

Jopa1985
  • Jopa1985

Stabbymagee

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:26 AM Edited by Jopa1985, 22 October 2013 - 07:27 AM.

are you f*cking kidding me?

i bought a headset just yesterday and assumed nobody could hear me when i set it to 'no-one'

singing in showers, barking at shop keepers, seducing cute peds, talking to my car.. i did it all

Think we all have. Lol
  • vince91 likes this

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

yea its fukd, soa nnoying listening to people talkin another language out the speakers of the TV

SeaJey
  • SeaJey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I laik how when someone kills u / u kill someone you can hear each other for a few seconds. And im sure people dont hear u set on friends

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

ROCKSTAR SET NEW PRIORITY ON THIS!

Sharples1975
  • Sharples1975

grumpy old man

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Why not just create a party chat if you're on Xbox? Thats what we do when we are playing, no one can hear us and we can chat and sing all we want without anyone hearing us too. not sure how you go about doing this on the Playstation as I have not go one.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Chris

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Op is wrong or encountered a weird bug... 99,9 percent is saying you dont hear them when on diff channels..

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Damn, I was talking dirty to a stripper to get the flirt meter up....well this is awkward

Nexbcevo
  • Nexbcevo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Only bug I've encountered is entering my friend's house sometimes will change the chat to everyone. Can't stop hearing those people unless you individually mute them or rejoin the server.

MrTrendall
  • MrTrendall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Chat settings set to everyone should be proxinity chat...

This forces you to get close say 1 or 2 block radius and your voice gets louder the closer you get. Helps drown out those that play music or throw racial slurs every other word
  • RAS_ZeroZ and wallyflogg like this

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Is the setting saved?

If you set it to crew&friends only, restart your PS3 and join a mission you hear everybody again, right?

I want a global mute button for all the f*cking childs who sing along the god damn radio.

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Why not just create a party chat if you're on Xbox? Thats what we do when we are playing, no one can hear us and we can chat and sing all we want without anyone hearing us too. not sure how you go about doing this on the Playstation as I have not go one.

Chris

i'm on PSN, initially we just skyped because 1 of us didn't have a headset at all, but then he got a headset, and the other thing is sometimes we split up and do our own sh*t for a while, and i like to accept jobs from strangers to try and meet new players like myself, which obviously helps if we can talk to each other, but you're right chatting outside of the GTA network is better, esp after being serperated to different lobbies after a mission together.

Op is wrong or encountered a weird bug... 99,9 percent is saying you dont hear them when on diff channels..

Perhaps we had a bug then, we tested it with a few people (one of my friends stayed on 'everyone' whilst the rest of us were on 'friends' and he said he could still hear us, we unfriended him to double check and still the same result, this was in a standard game not just invite only or anything).

Even if it was a one time bug, would still really like to see some improvements to the chat system.

OMGodzilla
  • OMGodzilla

Canada Inc

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Chris

Chris,

Party chat is nice and all but you do get bonus RP for stuff like singing in the shower and the robbery process is a little quicker if you're yelling at the guy. You wont get these little bonuses when using party chat. Your characters mouth also moves when you speak into the microphone. These little features are worthless with party chat and PSN does not have its own form of party chat.

I like the way the game is setup now I just wish it would work properly. I do not miss the COD days on xbox where you would have a full lobby with no one talking because they were all in party chat. I miss NERD RAGING and making friends with the option to make everyone STFU if I wanted.

They need to get away from the pause menu entirely. Muting should be achieved through the little menu when you hold select and crew & friends only should mean, crew & friends only.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Chat settings set to everyone should be proxinity chat...

This forces you to get close say 1 or 2 block radius and your voice gets louder the closer you get. Helps drown out those that play music or throw racial slurs every other word

This, similar to arma 2, I've had the same problem when set to friends, they hear me but so does everyone else

World chat
Area chat
Car chat
Friend/crew chat

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Game needs a proximity chat...only hear those nearby..

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

ROCKSTAR SET NEW PRIORITY ON THIS!

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users