Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you feel about catch-up?

14 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about catch-up? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about catch-up?

1. I like it (2 votes [4.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

2. I don't like it (40 votes [85.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.11%

3. I don't mind (5 votes [10.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote
HornyHabib
  • HornyHabib

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Catch-up is basically an option for the host of a race, which gives the players an ability to catch up to the player first in a race. So basically if you have ever been in first by a massive lead, and everyone catches up even though you have the same car, this is because there is catch-up?

Personally, I find it really annoying. I always turn it off, because I feel like it takes up a bunch of the skill in winning a race. Sure, it makes the race a bit more exciting and action packed, but I don't feel like it's fair that if I play a flawless race, that someone can just catch-up because the game lets them...

So, do you like catch-up or not? 

Cart313
  • Cart313

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I hate it. I wish people would join races I host so I would never have to deal with it. It's always on in the races I join.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

I prefer mustard.

But honestly, I'm "meh" about it. I usually win either way.

• FatVirginPlayingGTA likes this

Shadiochao
  • Shadiochao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

I absolutely hate it. There shouldn't be a punishment for being better than the other racers.

It's not giving the losers a fighting chance, it's making the winners fight an impossible battle to keep their lead for any significant amount of time. There's no way such a game changer should be on by default, let alone exist at all.

It's nonsense, if someone can't keep up then they should stay at the back of the race and be expected to deal with it.

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

I will not play a race if it is turned on...period

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Voted I don't mind, only because my feelings towards it are dependent on the type of race it's used in.

If it's a long point to point race, i'm all for it. If it's a short lap race, i'd rather it wasn't there.

ThatDutchIdiot
  • ThatDutchIdiot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Driving 5 minutes in first position to get smashed off the road in the last corner, because my car nearly stopped moving and let the retard win who rammed his ass into everything he sees? 

Yup, seems about fair

zspeed
  • zspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'm seeing more lobbies with it off the last few days, but most still leave it on.. pls guys no

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Pubs? Yeah, leave Catchup on, more exciting that way. But when racing up against dude you know, or on short races, hell no, you have to kick your friends' ass.

adoreonerr
  • adoreonerr

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

you guys realise catch up is for when you hold triangle (Y) to be reset to last checkpoint, i dont think you guys are very smart

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

you guys realise catch up is for when you hold triangle (Y) to be reset to last checkpoint, i dont think you guys are very smart

Facepalm.png

• zspeed likes this

ThatDutchIdiot
  • ThatDutchIdiot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Catchup slows the first driver down by a lot. I had a race where I was first the whole time, but my fastest lap was 15 seconds slower than the next guy.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

the-dude.gif

No.

Just no.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

I don't mind catch up, most of the time when I am too far behind it's usually because the asshole in first thinks we're playing bumper cars.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

I selected don't mind. It's sh*t in clean races but when with dicks trying to smash you outta the race so their friend can win it helps. I find most of the time even with it on the better racers win just by not as a big a margin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users