Photo

Help getting GTA IV working again

2 replies to this topic
felix1983
  • felix1983

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hello, I am new here but I am having a problem getting my game to work, I tried to reinstall the game and have updated everything I have read needs to be updated but the game will not even start. Clicking on the link only prompts for the stupid release date control checking thing and nothing more.

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-4087CL Entertainment Notebook PC, specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i5 M430 @ 2.27GHz

RAM: 6 GB

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Hard Drive: 640GB

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1

I have played the game on this computer before but I lost the ability to do so a while back and just didn't mess with it, now however I would like to play the game and have been unable to get it to work. I have reinstalled the game, updated it to the latest patch, gotten rid of the Rockstar Games Social Club as the patch said to, I have updated my graphics drivers, DirectX, Visual C++, and NET framework, I do not know what else to do, I would really appreciate some help in telling me what to do to get my game working again.

Thank you,

Scott

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Since you're not able to get past the release date check, I'd like to ask you if your system time is set correctly.

Also, try deleting all files from the Settings folder located at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

felix1983
  • felix1983

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by felix1983, 23 October 2013 - 01:21 AM.

My system time is set correctly and there is nothing in the Rockstar Games folder under my local app data.

Edited to add:

I also would like to clarify a little bit that the release date checker pops up every time the LaunchGTAIV application is clicked, trying to go straight to the GTAIV executable directly only gives GTAIV Fatal Error RMN60. Though a bit of looking tells me that that error is likely me being stupid. I would also like to state that uninstalling and reinstalling the game has no effect on this problem in the slightest, I also have no mods whatsoever and I am truly stumped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users