Quantcast

» «
Photo

Story Mode - No More Crown Victoria Police Cruisers?

12 replies to this topic
Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by Camsterguy, 22 October 2013 - 01:04 AM.

My PSN was hacked today, so I hopped into story while the support works on resolving it.

Here's the dilemma; I remember when I started playing on the 17th, Los Santos was full of both police cruisers, the Ford Interceptor, and the Crown Victoria spin-off. It just hit me today after finding a crown vic in Michael's garage I stored on my first day of V, why do none of those spawn anymore? I liked seeing both types of patrol cars chasing me in the city. I am done with the campaign, if that makes a difference. Also, the "same traffic cars" bug also stopped cops from spawning in the traffic rotation...

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

• Grand Cannon likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

the fact that you got both chasing you at all is a rarity.

The normal spawn rotation is somewhere along the lines of 90 percent interceptor, 7 percent crown vic, 3 percent charger. 

• Grand Cannon likes this

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

Seriously what the hell. No cops in traffic or beat cops. Absolutely no variety in the police vehicles that chase you. It's either Tauruses or Grangers that chase you. Where are the marked and unmarked Crown Victorias + Chargers? Motorcycle Cops?

Budget Cuts.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

I've never even seen the Buffalo or the unmarked cruiser..

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by lizardman563, 22 October 2013 - 05:59 AM.

I've never even seen the Buffalo or the unmarked cruiser..

My understanding is the unmarked cruiser does not spawn regularly in traffic or chases under any circumstances and is a mission/random event ONLY vehicle, and can also spawn at a bus station under a bridge near Strawberry IIRC. 

The Buffalo only seems to spawn in the downtown LS district of the city or the mentioned bus station, and does so rarely, even then. 

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by Wesinator, 22 October 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Seriously what the hell. No cops in traffic or beat cops. Absolutely no variety in the police vehicles that chase you. It's either Tauruses or Grangers that chase you. Where are the marked and unmarked Crown Victorias + Chargers? Motorcycle Cops?

Budget Cuts.

I believe their is a couple motorcycle cops at the side of the high on your way up to the north western city.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:39 AM Edited by baskerwil, 22 October 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Budget Cuts.

I believe their is a couple motorcycle cops at the side of the high on your way up to the north western city.

Indeed there are, right before Paleto Bay.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

The various police vehicles in this game are very well done and a huge improvement over IV. Its a shame they all aren't used. If this is supposed to be set in 2013 then there should be more Vic's than anything else. Its a staple of every American police fleet. The interceptors are brand new and still being implemented. I've never been chased by the charger and the only Vic's are if you drive by a station and the cops on foot jump in the parked ones.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

There are chargers? I thought the chargers were just mistaken for the interceptors. Anyways, I'm going to start a new story now and fill you guys in on the situation with the police AND the traffic bug.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Don't think I've ever seen a bike cop or a Buffalo. The Crown Vic's were only out in the boonies I'd thought. Only place I've seen them. Although I sometimes see them parked at the police station. Never driving though.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

I've seen FIB Buffalo's like from GTA IV but not marked ones. I do remember crown vics in the beginning of the story, I'm doing a new story ATM and I'm almost done with the prologue.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Oh, nevermind. I just found an LSPD Buffalo on YouTube. Hm, never seen them in game.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Did a few missions from a new story, no crown vics except at the impound... The new patch must've effed something up, I remember being chased by LSPD crown vics (not the sheriff ones)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users