Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should they punish the recent cheaters/glitchers?

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Punish glitchers/cheaters? (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Your thoughts?

1. No. (88 votes [41.71%])

Percentage of vote: 41.71%

2. Wipe their stats and/or money. (72 votes [34.12%])

Percentage of vote: 34.12%

3. Ban them. (41 votes [19.43%])

Percentage of vote: 19.43%

4. Other (Explain Below) (10 votes [4.74%])

Percentage of vote: 4.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Obviously, you should know about the cheat/glitch at hand: Players have found an exploit to repeatably resell a car to Los Santos Customs, rendering in an unstoppable revenue stream.  This has been claimed to de-stabilize our in game economy, ruin fun for other players, and threaten Rockstars future revenue stream.  So...

After heated discussion in the "banned" thread, I thought we could use some definitive and quantifiable community input on the matter.  As the post states, should the cheaters/glitchers be punished?

No: For one reason or another, you feel that the cheat/glitch was justified, or you just dont give a f*ck.  Either way, you don't think that any punishment is merited.

Wipe their stats and/or money: You don't want the glitchers/cheaters banned, but you think they should at least get reset so they can be forced to gain their rep and money the way it was intended.

Ban Them: Because f*ck em' thats why.  You feel that Rockstar should make an example, a statement that they will not and should not tolerate any exploiting.

Other (explain below): If you have a better idea of how to punish the cheaters, check this, and explain your brilliance below.

C'mon guys, send em' a message, tell em' how the community really feels.  Happy voting.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Needs more votes, and how about some opinions?

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I like how they said it will imbalance the community yet they are ok with millions being acquired so long as rockstar gets their cut lmao

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Ban them. 

The minute they try to exploit a games flaws for personal gain at the expense of other ligitimate players online fun and experience, they've lost all rights and entitlement imo.

They know the rules, therefor f*ck 'em.

• FirstLadyofGTA and jptawok like this

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't think that they should be banned. Its an exploit in the game that shouldn't be there. + it doesn't get you any further in the game than if you didn't do it.

It just means you have a better apartment and a better car, It doesnt mean you have a better gun.

GTA: O is based off pure level, Money means nothing other than a number. Its all about level.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

I haven't set foot in Online yet, but a stat/money reset seems fair. Sure it will anger other players, but they'll get over it.

Outright banning is pretty heavy handed, it's like beating the f*ck out of a misbehaving child. No sense in it.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

This should be kind of obvius, just punish and forgive them at the same time, by reseting them and allowing them to gain their own stuff by themselves.

AgentTran
  • AgentTran

Top Negro

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I don't see how somebody having a Bugatti would effect me, but I guess R* should reset them, or do nothing about it.

I mean, I don't really see how it ruins it for more legitimate players, as somebody else's personal belongings do not interfere with another person's, no matter how much cash and how they made it.

I think a right move for Rockstar would be to reset the glitchers, because outright banning them would be uncalled for.

It would upset alot of players, because A LOT of people glitched, and just banning a million people is ridiculous. 

Let them restart from the bottom, it would probably scare glitchers, and they would still be more satisfied than being banned.  

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 22 October 2013 - 01:04 AM.

Put them in the Bad Sport lobbies for a month or so real time.

And fix the f*cking glitches, this one and the invincibility one.

EDIT : "that would be a shame if these glitchers would loose their characters ;) you know R* servers are unstable.."
Discrete action lol.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

Ban them. 

The minute they try to exploit a games flaws for personal gain at the expense of other ligitimate players online fun and experience, they've lost all rights and entitlement imo.

They know the rules, therefor f*ck 'em.

This. And then most of em try and say its R*'s fault for having the glitch in the first place.. Smh...
  • jptawok likes this

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

Can we reset custom number plates then?

The app hasn't been released for android yet and I have missed out on getting a plate that I would like.

WAHHH why am I being ripped off?

Get over it.

• TJK319 likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

Ban them. Cheaters are the single biggest problem in the online gaming community. Notice how while some of them CLAIM that they aren't ruining other people's experience, they HATE being thrown into lobbies with people just like THEM.

• FirstLadyofGTA and jptawok like this

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

What about people who accidentally did the invincibility glitch without trying? The other day I got in my car and all of a sudden nobody could kill me. No idea how to reproduce it exactly, but I shouldn't be banned for accidentally finding a glitch.

faded_bro4life
  • faded_bro4life

Trevor's Dealer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Ban them. Cheaters are the single biggest problem in the online gaming community. Notice how while some of them CLAIM that they aren't ruining other people's experience, they HATE being thrown into lobbies with people just like THEM.

Hah, stroke my cock.

My LSC glitching to make millions ruins other people's experience how?

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by Revoemag, 22 October 2013 - 04:51 AM.

Good for those who found a loophole of sorts..these players may have taken advantage of a flaw in the game but good for them for having found it..all games are meant to be broken...these players still invested their time...any of us could have done the same..if being rich in game is so important to them then so be it, I come to play and have fun.

PS. I don't consider these players to be cheaters ..just no lifers...

Pps. Those who should be banned are those who spread the information about the glitches around on theses and other forums. They are the ones who ruin the economies. Its never a problem when a few do it..it is a major problem when the majority do do it.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Stats reset is the way to go. If you don't want to do it right, do it again. And, eventually, after multiple times, you ban them.

But, fo this way to work, you need to tell them why did they get stats reset. Or people will be too dumb to realise by themselft.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

YourGirlRunHerFingersThruMyHair

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Voted "No.".

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

You guys are such crybabies. So I glitched. I bought stuff. How does it affect your gameplay. Eat my balls.
  • faded_bro4life likes this

WarM4chine
  • WarM4chine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

Reset them if Rockstar wants some semblance of the game they envisioned.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I think they should just reset money and levels etc. Going from the penthouse to the outhouse would make it that much more painful for them.

HornyHabib
  • HornyHabib

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

It does matter they get reset. This is because if they get an Entity XF and put all the mods on it, it will be better in custom car races then the people who played fair and have the regular version.

DildoDodo
  • DildoDodo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I voted "Other." I think it would generate a lot of bad will from the customer base if R* banned or reset those who had glitched. However, I think it's unfair on non-glitchers to have to play in servers with people who can sit in their apartments endlessly calling Merryweather attacks on all the players in the servers, or having to race with people who have glitched their way to buying fully upgraded super cars. It also undermines the sense of achievement in earning money legitimately when so many people have gliched tens or hundreds of millions of dollars with such little effort.

My solution: put them in a glitcher's server (with no dunce caps). Then they can hopefully still get a lot of fun out of blowing their millions while wreaking mayhem on each other without spoiling the enjoyment of those who wish to play the game as it was intended.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

They should ban the rats that rat on them instead. f*cking rats ruining all the fun.

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Its my game !

I can do what ever the f*ck I want to do with it.

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Why should anyone care if someone in the game used a glitch to get money. How is it hurting them??

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Good for those who found a loophole of sorts..these players may have taken advantage of a flaw in the game but good for them for having found it..all games are meant to be broken...these players still invested their time...any of us could have done the same..if being rich in game is so important to them then so be it, I come to play and have fun.

PS. I don't consider these players to be cheaters ..just no lifers...

Pps. Those who should be banned are those who spread the information about the glitches around on theses and other forums. They are the ones who ruin the economies. Its never a problem when a few do it..it is a major problem when the majority do do it.

Wouldn't the people who sit around all day collecting money from doing missions be the no lifers? as opposed to the people who don't have time for that sh*t so decided to glitch??

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

*picked Other.

I think it should be a combination where they first wipe/reset the account and issue a warning. After that, if they continue doing it, ban them. 

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

It ruins the experience by taking away the sense of accomplishment and prestige that comes with EARNING the nice stuff. This is what the game is about for people who play legitimately. They broke the terms and conditions, ban em I say.

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

There are 3 types of people when it comes to the money exploit.

1. The guy who's car/money/apartment disappeared and glitched a few times to regain them.

2. The guy who spends most of his time in free mode and can't make a dollar to save his life, glitches the system more than a few times to gain an edge.

3. The guy who abuses the glitch so he'll never run out of money.

The first type, should be left alone. I myself know the frustrations that come along with losing something you worked so hard to get and had I lost my stuff twice, I probably would've done the same thing.

The second type, depending on how much $ he made, should probably have a couple expensive vehicles removed and put in a cheaper apartment or something like that.

The third type, however, should be completely wiped back to level 1. Anyone who does something like that takes all the fun out of the game and should definitely be punished.

Since I have no idea how rich the richest, legit player is. I'd say anyone over 100mil should have their characters wiped. That's just a number I threw out there though.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Burn the cheaters houses down and force their families to live in cardboard boxes beneath an abandoned bridge in Russia.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users