Quantcast

» «
Photo

Xbox One or PS4?

149 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox One or PS4? (149 member(s) have cast votes)

If you are getting a next gen console, Xbox One or PS4?

1. Xbox One (29 votes [19.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.46%

2. PS4 (120 votes [80.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MM97
  • MM97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just wondering which next-gen console people are getting if they are indeed getting one. I'm undecided on if I'm going to get one but if I do I think it's gonna be the Xbox One.

How about you and why? Please don't start an argument or whatever.

Rizzos
  • Rizzos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I fancy bill gates, take that as you will

CF4714
  • CF4714

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Xbox One due to the cable box integration, you can also receive sports updates in-game from what I've read.

MM97
  • MM97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Xbox One due to the cable box integration, you can also receive sports updates in-game from what I've read.

Seems pretty useful if you're into that, that will be a feature I doubt I will use. Cool nonetheless. 

Switch__
  • Switch__

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

None, I'm going PC.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Moved since it has nothing to do with GTA V

MM97
  • MM97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Fair enough. Although it did from a personal perspective as I was trying to see what a lot of GTA players were opting for seeing as this is the main game I play.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Playstation 2 Version would be welcome, playstation 2 has much life left in its life,games are still released for ps2.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Hustler

• Members

PC

Mocha
  • Mocha

Grease Monkey

• Members

PC. 

None of them in my opinion has a good enough amount of exclusives for me to even want it. Most of the games on launch are going to be multi-platform so whats the big deal? It's also f*cking 2013 and most games will be rendered at 900p at 30fps, next gen my ass. I'd much rather build a PC. 

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

PS4 will win. For sure.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Fair enough. Although it did from a personal perspective as I was trying to see what a lot of GTA players were opting for seeing as this is the main game I play.

I understand that, but this IS the GTAForums, so we are all GTA players lol

stifje
  • stifje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

this post cannot end well..

and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 21 October 2013 - 11:28 PM.

PS4 for me, without question.

*the following is brought to you in association with XBOX 360 + PLAYSTATION 3 UNITED CORPORATIONS:

Ever since the Xbox One announcement conference a few months back, I've lost all trust in Microsofts gaming division. The sh*t they attempted to pull, singlehandedly made my next-gen console choice simple for me.

I immediately thought of EA after that shambles of an unveiling. It's as if MS hired a former EA employee to make their executive decisions. Wait a minute...

No thanks Mr Mattrick. I'll be purchasing Sonys next gaming machine thank you very much.

And for the guys chiming in with their apparent PC switching path: is it really of high importance to you to declare your superior change in a thread that has f*ck-all to do with PC's?...

Anyway, just my tuppence before this thread gets locked.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I think I'm going with the PS4. Seems more relevant to my interests, all around; and frankly, I've always preferred the controller. Been my favorite for almost 20 years now.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'm going with the PS4 why you may ask? Its more powerful then the cablebox called Xbox One. 

Lets take a look at BF4 on both next Gen games.

BF4 on XB1 720p 60fps

BF4 on PS4 900p* 60 fps

now lets take a look at the pixels per second the consoles need to render

XB1 = 1280x720x60 = 55.2 million pixels per second

PS4 = 1600x900x60 = 86.4 million pixels per second

That is a 57% increase in performance on the PS4

The Xbox One is a weak console. There so called good exclusive Ryse ( If I spelled it right ) runs at 900p NOT 1080p. From what we heard the only excluisve that runs at 1080p is Forza.

Dead Rising 3 is 720p with 20 FPS. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

The resolution has less impact than you're claiming, though. Just to be fair.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

XboxOne is like american cars: overpriced and underpowered pile of unreliable junk.

Whereas PS4 is like Japanese cars: reasonably priced, reliable, and deceptively powerfull examples of technological mastery.

So, I go for PS4.

Microsoft can go and (censured)

PS: in wiev of Snowden revelations, it is expected that american console will not sell well here in Europe. For we europeans are, right now, very disappointed with these underhand and shifty americans.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 22 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

XB1 = 1280x720x60 = 55.2 million pixels per second

PS4 = 1600x900x60 = 86.4 million pixels per second

That is a 57% increase in performance on the PS4

How is that to do with performance? These pixels per second you're posting have no real link to the actual GPU power of both systems. I see you've multiplied it by 60 as well as if games on console are going to run at 60 FPS. 60Hz doesn't mean 60 FPS.

If I do pick up a system, it will be either a PS4 or Wii U. No one cares about the Wii U though. Oh and every time someone bashes the Xbox, Ken Kutaragi will thank you personally and will gift you free PlayStation™ software. Stay brainwashed people

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Will definitely buy PlayStation 4 sometime next year... but will probably buy XBox One for the Exclusives when the price is right. :)

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by Andreas., 22 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

I'm going with the PS4 why you may ask? Its more powerful then the cablebox called Xbox One. 

Lets take a look at BF4 on both next Gen games.

BF4 on XB1 720p 60fps
BF4 on PS4 900p* 60 fps

You judge a console by its resolution in a single game? I hope you're aware of the possibility that this is subject to change. Not to mention that such things can change in the course of a console generation. Just take a look at the history. GTA IV was rendered natively in 720p on X360, and in 640p on PS3. And the same goes for Red Dead Redemption. Max Payne 3 and GTAV are both natively rendered in 720p on both consoles. It's called "optimization", my friend. The more experience you have in the developement of videogames on a given platform, the better optimized the game is.

While the PS4 might be technically a bit better, due it using 8GB GDDR5 RAM as opposed to the 8GB DDR3 RAM plus 32MB ESRAM of the Xbone, and the slightly better graphic-chip, HD7850 with less CU's as opposed to the overclocked HD7790 chip of the Xbox, it is not all that matters if you decide which console you will buy in the near future.

Personally, I will go with the PlayStation 4, since that is the console most of my friends will purchase. I don't think I'll buy a next-gen console anytime soon, though.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Xbox One, and then I will probably get a PS4 later on.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

PS4 all the way!

But I really hope M$ will release a kinect-less SKU unit because I like to own all the consoles. But for now I'm PS4 fanboy!

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Just the other night I said to my wife "It's going to be weird getting a playstation and not an xbox".  She had a sad response of "ohhhwww".  She had just assumed we would be getting an xbox.  Now I feel bad.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm getting a PS4 mainly because I did not like the way Microsoft conducted themselves and tried to screw over the consumers. Sure they changed their ways but only through mass complaining and knowing they were f*cked if they didn't. After that, I don't trust them and pretty much all my friends will be getting a Ps4.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

PS4 since I've always been a "ps guy" and most of my friends use it. Can't wait, barley a month left till I get my hands on that sexy beast. Pre ordered CoD Ghost & BF 4 as my lunch titles, would like to get Killzone tho so I truly have a 100% game that is for next gen, since both cod & bf 4 is made for current gen they won''t be close to how killzone will look, but idk. Will get Xbox One in due when Halo 5 arrives. 

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Word of Warning to all hardcore gamers:

PS4 is about 70% more powerfull than XboxOne. This will mean that multiplatform games will be a lot better on PS4

For example, you know GTA5 will be coming to both PS4 and XboxOne. Well, here's how they differ on the machines. What follows is direct quotes of recent Q&A session with a Rockstar spokesperson:

A: PS4 is fanstastically powerfull machine. For this reason we have been able to completely remake huge parts of the game, and also add some wonderfull new content.

Q: any examples you can give us at this point?

A: well, we have remade all underwater stuff, adding submerged city ruins and research stations for the player to explore.

Q: and above ground?

A: well, to me the most exciting addition is our own versions of Cape Canaveral, complete with a space shuttle ready to take off...

Q: are you saying the crew is going to space?

A: perhaps! I do not want to spoil it for you, but the crew will try to steal the shuttle. Whether they will go to the ISS, will remain to be seen.

Q: anything else?

A: well, PS4 will also contain extensive areas of Vice City and Libetry City, for specific missions.

Q: That shounds brill! But you say PS4. What about XboxOne version?

A: Unfortunately XboxOne is only marginally more powerfull than Xbox360, so it will not have any additional content, apart from vastly superior online play. But worry not, we will try to add most of the extra material for the XboxOne version in the future, to be available for purchase via internet...

So there you have it! PS4 GTA5 will be stunning, whereas XboxOne GTA5 will be the same as it is now.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Stop trolling, because some of the easily guillble will believe you.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Word of Warning to all hardcore gamers:

PS4 is about 70% more powerfull than XboxOne. This will mean that multiplatform games will be a lot better on PS4

For example, you know GTA5 will be coming to both PS4 and XboxOne. Well, here's how they differ on the machines. What follows is direct quotes of recent Q&A session with a Rockstar spokesperson:

A: PS4 is fanstastically powerfull machine. For this reason we have been able to completely remake huge parts of the game, and also add some wonderfull new content.

Q: any examples you can give us at this point?

A: well, we have remade all underwater stuff, adding submerged city ruins and research stations for the player to explore.

Q: and above ground?

A: well, to me the most exciting addition is our own versions of Cape Canaveral, complete with a space shuttle ready to take off...

Q: are you saying the crew is going to space?

A: perhaps! I do not want to spoil it for you, but the crew will try to steal the shuttle. Whether they will go to the ISS, will remain to be seen.

Q: anything else?

A: well, PS4 will also contain extensive areas of Vice City and Libetry City, for specific missions.

Q: That shounds brill! But you say PS4. What about XboxOne version?

A: Unfortunately XboxOne is only marginally more powerfull than Xbox360, so it will not have any additional content, apart from vastly superior online play. But worry not, we will try to add most of the extra material for the XboxOne version in the future, to be available for purchase via internet...

So there you have it! PS4 GTA5 will be stunning, whereas XboxOne GTA5 will be the same as it is now.

I'm a PS fanboy, but that is the biggest load of Bullsh*t I've ever heard.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Where's the Steambox option?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users