Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long can one person simply "be patient".

220 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Think you could organize your post so it's actually readable and not jumbled everywhere with c/p?

Thanks!

Aw. That's a bitch. Told me too many quote boxes so I pretty much cleared them all out. 

I pretty much said that the back up isn't really going so well with R* it seems like. Unless you care to explain how backed up characters are still being lost, it seems like.  And how technical support doesn't matter with R* since they're not too keen with it. 

I also said it's a good thing you're 23. You surely act like it, with your witty insults. 

It really depends on how exactly the back-ups are being corrupted, if you actually read the link you posted you'd see that physical back-ups are the smart thing to do when using cloud storage, so if the physical back-ups themselves are corrupted for R* then cloud storage isn't to blame.

And technical support doesn't matter in the context we're regarding cloud storage in, that is R*s problem with their server providers, not ours.  But in general that is completely based off opinion, it clearly depends on the hosting provider you are using.

Why would I not make low insults towards you?  It seems to be the only thing you can understand.

@Theadmiral. 

I do want to have hope for this game. Holy hell, when they first announced it I was so damn pumped. I wasn't even thinking about SP. I was too hype for Online. Couldn't even get on for the longest time. Was let down by customization. Let down by the way they handled stores. Let down by the fact there's no animals. How weird it is when you're done with a mission you get split up with friends. Etc. And there's still issues going on.  

Maybe it's because the fact I was so hyped for this at the start that my patience is running so low? No idea.

Anyway, back onto the quoted post. Okay, so let's say Cloud isn't too blame. Can we at least say then, R* isn't truly showing any good capable skills of handling the Cloud well, and maybe they jumped the gun with trying to use it? 

You really want to walk chop around the block while some guy griefs you while you pick up his turds honestly and you lose medical bills?

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Think you could organize your post so it's actually readable and not jumbled everywhere with c/p?

Thanks!

Aw. That's a bitch. Told me too many quote boxes so I pretty much cleared them all out. 

I pretty much said that the back up isn't really going so well with R* it seems like. Unless you care to explain how backed up characters are still being lost, it seems like.  And how technical support doesn't matter with R* since they're not too keen with it. 

I also said it's a good thing you're 23. You surely act like it, with your witty insults. 

It really depends on how exactly the back-ups are being corrupted, if you actually read the link you posted you'd see that physical back-ups are the smart thing to do when using cloud storage, so if the physical back-ups themselves are corrupted for R* then cloud storage isn't to blame.

And technical support doesn't matter in the context we're regarding cloud storage in, that is R*s problem with their server providers, not ours.  But in general that is completely based off opinion, it clearly depends on the hosting provider you are using.

Why would I not make low insults towards you?  It seems to be the only thing you can understand.

@Theadmiral. 

I do want to have hope for this game. Holy hell, when they first announced it I was so damn pumped. I wasn't even thinking about SP. I was too hype for Online. Couldn't even get on for the longest time. Was let down by customization. Let down by the way they handled stores. Let down by the fact there's no animals. How weird it is when you're done with a mission you get split up with friends. Etc. And there's still issues going on.  

Maybe it's because the fact I was so hyped for this at the start that my patience is running so low? No idea.

Anyway, back onto the quoted post. Okay, so let's say Cloud isn't too blame. Can we at least say then, R* isn't truly showing any good capable skills of handling the Cloud well, and maybe they jumped the gun with trying to use it? 

Again it really depends what exactly is corrupting the storage data if that's indeed what's happening, which it probably is.  If you're implying that a company like R* (when launching a huge online title) wouldn't hire the proper techs to handle and work with cloud storage then I really don't know what the hell is wrong with your brain.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thanks!

@Theadmiral. 

Again it really depends what exactly is corrupting the storage data if that's indeed what's happening, which it probably is.  If you're implying that a company like R* (when launching a huge online title) wouldn't hire the proper techs to handle and work with cloud storage then I really don't know what the hell is wrong with your brain.

Well, the problem with me believing that R* didn't hire the PROPER techs to handle and work with cloud is that, it's obvious damage is still there. 

And forgive me, but let's say this issue is solo with Cloud and R*. If they truly hired the proper techs to take care of the Cloud, I don't honestly believe they would have it down still. I would at least think, they'd have it better than what it is right now.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by Odesza, 22 October 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Thanks!

@Theadmiral. 

Well, the problem with me believing that R* didn't hire the PROPER techs to handle and work with cloud is that, it's obvious damage is still there. 

And forgive me, but let's say this issue is solo with Cloud and R*. If they truly hired the proper techs to take care of the Cloud, I don't honestly believe they would have it down still. I would at least think, they'd have it better than what it is right now.

Your opinion of them "hiring the PROPER techs" is completely irrelevant (as you've shown with your complete lack of technical knowledge and you've clearly been posting out of pure impatience and frustration, so idk what you want me to say.

New issues and errors occur almost every day in technology, you don't work for R* and neither do I so there's no point in speculating how they are handling the issues.  There is no tech out there that knows how to fix every single issue that can occur, especially with newer technology as soon as it happens.

Not sure why you're even still posting OP you've had literally 0 idea what you're talking about this entire time.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by theadmiral, 22 October 2013 - 03:33 AM.

What does Bethesda have to do with anything I went to the Jaleo tapas bar in Bethesda like 3 nights ago and it cost 70 dollars for 2 people I had bacalao pil pil and it was disgraceful

Are you from bethesda

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

I'm loling at the notion that the "proper techs" can stop any problem, can fix any problem, and they can make everything rosy and make sure everything smells like pancakes.

OP needs to get into the real world a little more.

• 73duster likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

Well, I think it all comes down to whether or not you trust the developer. I don't think that judging by Rockstar's record, and using THAT as a reference in trusting that they will do what it takes to fix the issues, makes me a fanboy.

I haven't seen a better or more dedicated game developer out there, and that makes me give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just my opinion on them being the best developer, but I have YET to be disappointed in ANY of their games.

The single player was already worth what I paid for it.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm loling at the notion that the "proper techs" can stop any problem, can fix any problem, and they can make everything rosy and make sure everything smells like pancakes.

This. lol

This x9000

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 22 October 2013 - 03:37 AM.

No, but they can usually keep things stable. 

R.R, when are you going to do something a bit more productive than follow me, thread to thread?  

And yeah, it makes sense to say "Neither of us have any idea what goes on in R*" 

Then state "You have 0 idea.". 

Look ma. The "adults" are acting mature again.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

R.R, when are you going to do something a bit more productive than follow me, thread to thread? 

Things have been somewhat stable for most people, you've also only given them 3 weeks to figure things out, complete stability will obviously take more than a few weeks to accomplish.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

lol I'm picturing a member of Geeksquad turning up in a little hatchback, clicking a few buttons, and magic fixed.

They just needed to defrag the server.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

Rockstar run CCleaner on the server and the problems are fixed

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

lol I'm picturing a member of Geeksquad turning up in a little hatchback, clicking a few buttons, and magic fixed.

I'm pretty sure the proper techs can do wonders with floppy drives and COM ports.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

In OP's mind I assume he thinks fixing the cloud servers is a R* employee hitting the ON switch.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

LOL. There are 12 year olds more tech savvy than those Geeksquad turds.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Things have been somewhat stable for most people, you've also only given them 3 weeks to figure things out, complete stability will obviously take more than a few weeks to accomplish.

In OP's mind I assume he thinks fixing the cloud servers is a R* employee hitting the ON switch.

"For most people." 
Uh. After a whole week since GTA's Facebook, their support site, and these forums were FLOODED with people complaining about their character and the cloud. 

And I'm really starting to question whether or not you can handle a conversation without making a post with an irrelevant insult. 

You wonder why I called you a child.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

You added Rockstar to your personal facebook?

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

"For most people." 
Uh. After a whole week since GTA's Facebook, their support site, and these forums were FLOODED with people complaining about their character and the cloud. 

And I'm really starting to question whether or not you can handle a conversation without making a post with an irrelevant insult. 

In the first week it was bad but after that I really saw less and less threads about problems, and when they did occur it was in small instances and usually resolved, but again it will take more than a few weeks for complete stability.

I don't see how my insult was irrelevant since I've been saying this entire time you have no idea what you're talking about.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

"For most people." 

In the first week it was bad but after that I really saw less and less threads about problems, and when they did occur it was in small instances and usually resolved, but again it will take more than a few weeks for complete stability.

I don't see how my insult was irrelevant since I've been saying this entire time you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's an insult that you don't need to throw out, nor does it really add into the conversation/debate. It's irrelevant. 

Yeah, the threads went down. But now they're picking back up. As I said, I'd love for you to be right, and the others to be too. Let me be wrong. Let R* have everything stable in due time, and they continue to upgrade it. Let them upgrade it to the point with, MORE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS, new areas, the casino opening, etc. Let them do that. Let them open clubs, and everything else. I would love to be impressed. 

But I strongly doubt it. When people keep telling me, this is going to keep growing, all I can think of is more issues with each upgrade. Which is somewhat to be expected. But I also don't see anything big. Clothing upgrades and weapon upgrades for the most part when they "expand".

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

"For most people." 

It's an insult that you don't need to throw out, nor does it really add into the conversation/debate. It's irrelevant. 

Yeah, the threads went down. But now they're picking back up. As I said, I'd love for you to be right, and the others to be too. Let me be wrong. Let R* have everything stable in due time, and they continue to upgrade it. Let them upgrade it to the point with, MORE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS, new areas, the casino opening, etc. Let them do that. Let them open clubs, and everything else. I would love to be impressed. 

But I strongly doubt it. When people keep telling me, this is going to keep growing, all I can think of is more issues with each upgrade. Which is somewhat to be expected. But I also don't see anything big. Clothing upgrades and weapon upgrades for the most part when they "expand".

R* themselves have expressed how heavily they plan on adding onto MP in multiple interviews and have expressed how much they plan on customizing MP in the trailer.  So not really sure where you're going with your post.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Whilst I agree a sh*t launch is just that, sh*t. I have to say, going from a testing environment to live servers will always cause problems.

A lot of people will say "well what about all the cod/halo/battlefield games that didn't have bad launches?" those are different. Those didn't take place on maps the size of gta. Nor did they have the AI, or any of the infrastructure (missions and such)

I do believe that the cloud servers just got overwhelmed day one, and as such I am putting off on getting next Gen. (consoles) until the launch day(weeks, month) issues are sorted.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by theadmiral, 22 October 2013 - 03:55 AM.

To be fair Rockstar said the launch would be horrible a week out!

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

"For most people." 

R* themselves have expressed how heavily they plan on adding onto MP in multiple interviews and have expressed how much they plan on customizing MP in the trailer.  So not really sure where you're going with your post.

Yeah, but they've also beat around the bush with a few things as well. 

"OVER 700 MISSIONS", and most of them turn out to be just TDM and races with variations. It's stuff like that. Plus, it's not like they can't take back on their word. 

Like I said, I'd love to be wrong. But I think everyone is expecting a constantly growing updated world, which in fairness is what R* said in the trailer, but something I just sincerly doubt. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

We are a victim of our own hype Sideburn guru!!!! we wanted this game to be something it isn't and never was!!! Now we are all let down!!! Its our own fault

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Pitch~Black, 22 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

Well, obviously each persons level of patience will vary. You can list any amount of good and logical reasons for waiting it out, but in the end a person may not care to hope that someday this could be maybe at some point possibly a great game. Is it now? I don't think so; but opinions will very. Is it going to be? I don't know and neither does anyone else.

I look at trends. This is strictly my opinion, of course, but single player was a mild let down. It was far from horrible, but it was nowhere near stellar either. I wasn't too let down because I had already concluded GTAO must have been where the effort had been placed. After the initial first week (thankfully having avoided any issues like a character deletion) of having solid fun with friends on line,  I soon realized how repetative and truely directionless online is. I've played more than my share of MMO's and RPG's and I can't think of one that was even close to how unengaging GTAO is to me. So online fell short of expectations. Way short.

Now I'm patiently awaiting heists. Just to see if the trend of R* disappointing me continues. I suspect that heists will be lackluster because I think R* has so far promised more than it has delivered. I hope they prove me wrong. I see a lot of potential in GTAO. But it remains mere potential. I can't play possabilities or hopefullies or possitive thinking. If heists are a let down I feel I will have been more than patient enough.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

"For most people." 

Yeah, but they've also beat around the bush with a few things as well. 

"OVER 700 MISSIONS", and most of them turn out to be just TDM and races with variations. It's stuff like that. Plus, it's not like they can't take back on their word. 

Like I said, I'd love to be wrong. But I think everyone is expecting a constantly growing updated world, which in fairness is what R* said in the trailer, but something I just sincerly doubt. 

The ONLY way you are ever going to get your wish of being wrong, is to WAIT. If you don't have the patience, then I don't know what else can be done for you. All anyone has been trying to tell you is that you are being unrealistic in your expectations concerning WHAT you are getting, and WHEN you will get it.

At one point you said Rockstar was a great game developer, so Why doesn't that give them any benefit of the doubt from you? You started this thread asking the question of how much patience someone should have regarding this game, but don't like the answers you are getting.

If you don't have the patience to even consider that YOU might need to be more understanding, then that speaks for itself.

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Could have been worse.  You could have bought Saints Row IV

*sigh* I made this terrible terrible mistake...

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Saints Row IV worse than GTAV but better than GTAO

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom