Photo

I have more friends in GTA than real life

72 replies to this topic
h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I just realized I get more texts and calls in GTA than in real life :( I have no friends seriously, no one calls or texts me, my life sucks :( Anyone else with the same problem?

• FlyUS and GTAboob like this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hehe. That doesn't mean your life sucks. Some people find friends in real life, others online - at the end of the day they are still friends (people you can laugh and interact with). You perhaps are not too social in real life because you could probably find friends if you opened up yourself to doing so. But it doesn't determine that your life is pathetic if you don't. 

• GTAboob and RPhilMan1 like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Make friends at school, get their numbers, text them. Not that hard man. Or make a Facebook, add people, don't act like a retard on it, and message people.

• Jacob-B likes this

Hussle
  • Hussle

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

or just go out more... that usually works

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

They not your real friends
  • Palikari likes this

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Friends are overrated. And I mean that with all my heart, lol. Real life I mean. When you grow up you will realize most people just use you. When you have something people want, BOOM, Mr. Popular. When you don't, Mr.Alone. I like Mr.Alone. No one to let you down. No one to take advantage of you. So, yeah. My opinion is, f*ck friends.
  • HoleInTheSky, QuietSundayLibrary, DeafMetal and 2 others like this

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Friends are overrated. And I mean that with all my heart, lol. Real life I mean. When you grow up you will realize most people just use you. When you have something people want, BOOM, Mr. Popular. When you don't, Mr.Alone. I like Mr.Alone. No one to let you down. No one to take advantage of you. So, yeah. My opinion is, f*ck friends.

That's not true.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

This man speaks the truth. So many friends during HS, yet only 4-5 still call. 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Advice on making friends. Just talk to someone.

Example you talk to some1 and just talk about anything. Keep doing this to other people and interact with them. When you see them again you will say hey I remember you then talk more, have laughs +1 friend. Keep doing this.

If your a quiet wierdo then no sorry but you have no hope. Well you do but you will have wierd friends.

You can go to clubs, pull bere hot chicks and make new friends. Dont be scared. Get out there.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by jptawok, 21 October 2013 - 07:31 PM.

This man speaks the truth. So many friends during HS, yet only 4-5 still call. 

A piggy back to this: 80% of friends are only friends when convenient.  You'd be amazed how many people seem like life long friends/besties, but disappear when you don't work/go to school with them anymore.  Case in point: You're not convenient to hang out with.  I've lost more friends than I care to count because it was no longer "convenient".

Another thing to mention, if you made the friend while doing drugs, you'll lose them when you don't (unless you find some super anomaly that either quits with you, or is a good person).

If you make a friend on the internet, that plays more than the "finding" game with (eg. you met Bob in WoW, but you no longer play wow, however Bob plays GTA with you anyway), that's the kinda guy to hang on to.

marijuanaz
  • marijuanaz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

To the guy who said what I said isn't true. I will assume you are a kid. I'm not. Don't question me just because you are young. I know what the hell I'm talking about from experience. Don't take my comment as, "Everyone should be a loner, it's so much fun". That's not what I'm saying. Just wait till you get out of school and you will find out who your real friends are. And I'll bet you a million dollars that the number will fit on one hand. If that even. I had friends who I thought I would have till the day I die. They are gone now. I never did a f*cking thing to them to deserve it. Yes, it hurts. It would make more sense to me if I could point the finger at a certain event that caused the breakup. But people are just selfish assholes. So I prefer only a few close friends. I have no Facebook because its a f*cking joke. A popularity contest. A data mining site for governments. Paranoid? Nope, I just have a brain.
  • The Made Man, 727gta and TheMadNinjaTurtle like this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Coudn't agree more, as a man with a lot of experience in this aspect, I can guarantee this man is speaking the truth. Most people only use you... Real friends might be there when you need them but once you stop having some contact for a couple of time or stop hanging out with them they will end up forgetting you... 

Amanny59
  • Amanny59

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I just realized I get more texts and calls in GTA than in real life :( I have no friends seriously, no one calls or texts me, my life sucks :( Anyone else with the same problem?

Did you mean online friends? or did you mean the fact that even in single player you get phone calls and text messages more often than you do in real life?

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I have no friends

I am rubbish

why? I don't know

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Don't be sad bro, you will find friends, try to socialize more and you might find someone that has a lot in common with you ;).

RPhilMan1
  • RPhilMan1

Now or Never

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'll be your friend.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Pretty sure this a troll at this point.  And well played, 8/10

• TheMadNinjaTurtle likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

You're not alone, cause I'm alone too!

• saintsrow likes this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Guys please help me!! How to get some friends in real life? Please help I'm alone for 5 years now. HELP ME

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'll be your friend.

Me too.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Lol @ "friends"

Bunch of low self-esteem people pleasers in my world.

My advice is to get "friends" who you can use up then throw them away.

Do what makes you happy. If that means stealing their money, fkng their girlfriend, etc., then do it.

You'll find out one day that the people who you call "friends" won't hesitate to fk you over given the chance.

• grumpy cat meme likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's a video game, it is meant to entertain you and that's why you get a lot of calls and texts. In real life very few people will actually call or text you unless you're planning to do something together, they need something or they want to congratulate you on holidays etc.

Most of my personal phone calls are job related and that's what you get in GTA too. They don't text you to ask about you. They text you job related messages or call about the job.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 21 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

I've had similar experiences. I have very few friends who I talk with after school was done. I've moved and I have some of them on facebook but I rarely use it.

Now on the other hand, I have too many "internet friends" to count, some I've known for over a decade and they have similar interests to me, which makes sense since we met on places like gaming, vehicles and sports forums. So obviously I find it more enjoyable to discuss things with these people and it's a lot easier to stay in touch. These online friends also know more about me than any real life friend ever has.

BUT I still think it's useful to have a real life friend, someone you could depend on if something happens or someone you could do things together with.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:30 PM Edited by jptawok, 21 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Lol @ "friends"

Bunch of low self-esteem people pleasers in my world.

My advice is to get "friends" who you can use up then throw them away.

Do what makes you happy. If that means stealing their money, fkng their girlfriend, etc., then do it.

You'll find out one day that the people who you call "friends" won't hesitate to fk you over given the chance.

This is the worst advice I've ever seen given on the matter.  I have at least 4 friends I've known for 10+ years, that I would trust with my drugged and drunk girlfriend.  I'd also trust them to keep anyone from f*cking with her.  I've also trusted the same friends with personal loans, stacks of cash, bags of dope, my car, you name it.  They've yet to let me down.

You've friended the wrong people, dude.

Edit: To be fair, for the 4 friends I have I would take a bullet for, I have more than I care to count that I wouldn't trust to "hold a dollar".

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Nah I'm a loner too all I do is work, school, gym and eat I think I have social anxiety
  • grumpy cat meme and carl turtle like this

Chriss0906
  • Chriss0906

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

im the most popular mother f*cker. and im not even in high school. im in college.

no but seriously. its really easy to have friends if you have the personality. i have a great personality thats why its easy for me to get lots of friends. people just come at me. i never try hard to have friends. im just a natural magnet for friends =D. and online i dont have that much. only 4 or 5 that are my friends in real life.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Have friends, but only few close mates.

If you have alot of friends and become well known I can guarentee you there are some betrayers in your group using you then snitching on you

John Angelo
  • John Angelo

"You f*ck up once, you lose two teeth."

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by John Angelo, 21 October 2013 - 09:08 PM.

This topic remind me of this video:

It will be difficult and you will meet several assholes on the way, but if you need to meet with a thousand assholes to get one true friend, it will be worth it.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Waldie, 21 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

OP is one lucky motherf*cker.

I've got friends and I genuinely like them, but my heart sinks a little every time they text or call me to ask me out. It's not that I have anything against them, I just much prefer my own company. There's nothing quite like the feeling of finding out that I don't have to go out anymore because others have backed out.

I guess that's partly why I'm not into the MP so much. Then again, I have next to no friends online.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by drr26, 21 October 2013 - 09:25 PM.

To the guy who said what I said isn't true. I will assume you are a kid. I'm not. Don't question me just because you are young. I know what the hell I'm talking about from experience. Don't take my comment as, "Everyone should be a loner, it's so much fun". That's not what I'm saying. Just wait till you get out of school and you will find out who your real friends are. And I'll bet you a million dollars that the number will fit on one hand. If that even. I had friends who I thought I would have till the day I die. They are gone now. I never did a f*cking thing to them to deserve it. Yes, it hurts. It would make more sense to me if I could point the finger at a certain event that caused the breakup. But people are just selfish assholes. So I prefer only a few close friends. I have no Facebook because its a f*cking joke. A popularity contest. A data mining site for governments. Paranoid? Nope, I just have a brain.

+ 1 

you sure find out who your friends are when you get older - none in my case - I did nothing wrong either and ended up the same way

people need to get a grip and live in the real world not some sh*tty website that people obsess over for attention 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users