Photo

How heists can solve gta economy problems caused by glitches

33 replies to this topic
addicted425
  • addicted425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I was trying to think of a way that rockstar could perhaps rebuild the ingame economy, because now after the glitches there really is no semblence of one. It would be like trying to build a country's economy while everyone is able to print their own money.
Most of the options I could come up with seemed to have a rather large downside. Clearing money from characters will lose customers for future dlc and cause a lot of lingering hate. Making everything expensive or limiting mission payouts really only effects the honest player. Gltichers will be able to get the new best of the best while legit earners will never get there.
So my solution, make heists pay an overwhelming amount of money and release new areas and objects that are far more expensive than anything on the market currently. This of course should happen after the gltiches have been patched and ban warnings issued for future glitching. So how much would be enough for heists to pay? I'm guessing around 5million should do it. It will make everyone able to catch what glitchers amassed, in all there time spent driving in and out of lsc, in a few run threws of a heist. The downside of this solution would bethat you are basically forcing inflation but from my perspective its a video game.... so inflation will just make it look a little silly when ur buying a house for 1billion.
Comments? Do you think this is a viable solution? Is there something I'm missing?

addicted425
  • addicted425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Typing on a phone, so excuse the spelling.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

What ingame economy?

How is it affecting you the fact that I am getting 20k per wave 10 in survival?

[EDIT] And the only reasonable solution is to take away the "black money" from the glitchers. That will still leave you against the honest "farmers" - as much as you hate them, they DID earn their money clean. 

• lonewolf1990 likes this

addicted425
  • addicted425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Weird I think I said there is no semblence of an economy. But I might be wrong. No way to scroll up and read it again... Also I never mentioned someone getting money from playing survival??? I was speaking of glitches... U sure ur posting in the right topic???

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I was trying to think of a way that rockstar could perhaps rebuild the ingame economy, because now after the glitches there really is no semblence of one. It would be like trying to build a country's economy while everyone is able to print their own money.
Most of the options I could come up with seemed to have a rather large downside. Clearing money from characters will lose customers for future dlc and cause a lot of lingering hate. Making everything expensive or limiting mission payouts really only effects the honest player. Gltichers will be able to get the new best of the best while legit earners will never get there.
So my solution, make heists pay an overwhelming amount of money and release new areas and objects that are far more expensive than anything on the market currently. This of course should happen after the gltiches have been patched and ban warnings issued for future glitching. So how much would be enough for heists to pay? I'm guessing around 5million should do it. It will make everyone able to catch what glitchers amassed, in all there time spent driving in and out of lsc, in a few run threws of a heist. The downside of this solution would bethat you are basically forcing inflation but from my perspective its a video game.... so inflation will just make it look a little silly when ur buying a house for 1billion.
Comments? Do you think this is a viable solution? Is there something I'm missing?

Sounds dumb...keep grinding and think of another dumb idea....kids these days lmao

• gnad1992 likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

I was trying to think of a way that rockstar could perhaps rebuild the ingame economy, because now after the glitches there really is no semblence of one. 

1. There is no ingame economy.

2. There wasn`t ever a semblance of one.

Inflation because you can`t control your money flux is just stupid.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by gnad1992, 21 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

5 millions from Heists?

And how the f*ck will they sell their cash cards?

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Even if the glitch never existed there would be no economy. They are very loosely using the term. The heists in general should have a good payout but Im not optimistic. If we clear 6 figures profit on a hesit id be surprised. Im sure a big cut will go to the mission giver and will probably need to purchase things in order to do the heists. Like buying an aircraft or paying off somebody.

Itll be like the first few heists in SP where your heists nets you 2million but you only get like 60k or maybe will net 20million and walk away with 0$ cause that be super fun.

Piggman
  • Piggman

CEO of Piggman Industries

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

There never was an economy in the first place for there to be a semblance of one now. Players' total income have absolutely no influence over the value of anything sold in the game. If the game had inflation/deflation, and prices of guns/vehicles/property/clothes/snacks went up and down depending on the demand of said items or prices fluctuated depending on the amount of overall money currently held across all accounts, then we would have a semblance of an economy. The game started with no economy, there is still no economy, and people with millions of dollars from glitching did nothing but add money to their bank account. Nothing they did influenced the price or value of anything you or anyone else would buy. There is nothing to "solve" or "rebuild" because there was never a problem and nothing was broken in the first place. You just want to have as much money legitimately as someone who glitched, and that is not going to happen. Ever.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by Jameson312, 21 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

There is not / never was / never will be an "in-game economy".

zskunkgta
  • zskunkgta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

This guy, 5 million per heist. You just can't be serious, you would have to spend weeks playing legit to get that and you want it from ONE heist?

Your reasoning :

the glitchers got money, you jelly obviously and want the same amount of money as them.

Rockstar didnt reduce the payout of missions because of glitchers but because legit players already made money too fast. You want 5 millions go glitch trust me.

Also Cash cards.

addicted425
  • addicted425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Already glitch, so I have no need for more.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

I was trying to think of a way that rockstar could perhaps rebuild the ingame economy, because now after the glitches there really is no semblence of one. 

Yes, there is indeed an in game ecomony. Just because there is little to know cash or product exchanges between players, doesnt mean there is no economy.

The concept of an economy isnt limited to money, but also services and goods. Whether the economy is strong and/or dynamic is a different debate entirely, but it definitely exists.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 21 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Here is how I see it working. Heists will have a max 6 players. Heists will earn between 250k and 850k which will be divided up among the players.

Perhaps a big one that can earn a million or more (to be divided up)

I don't see players walking away with more than 250-300k. It will probably be mandatory to

have 3 or more players for a heist.

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Already glitch, so I have no need for more.

Perfecvt thx for the post I am now reporting to rockstar with you admitting guilt to cheating lmao dubbie

addicted425
  • addicted425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Good thing my online account is linked to this.... lmao

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Nice wall of text. By the way, there isn't an "economy" and never was...and never will be. Deal with it. Oh yeah...you should probably quit taking this game too seriously. Just sayin'

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

5 millions from Heists?

And how the f*ck will they sell their cash cards?

They may as well cancel that sh*t already considering the LSC glitch.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by iSkreenLooker, 21 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Typing on a phone, so excuse the spelling.

Typing on the Xbox, so excuse the spelling.

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Good thing my online account is linked to this.... lmao

Youve been dinked the the dinkler dinker.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Yes, there is indeed an in game ecomony. Just because there is little to know cash or product exchanges between players, doesnt mean there is no economy.

The concept of an economy isnt limited to money, but also services and goods. Whether the economy is strong and/or dynamic is a different debate entirely, but it definitely exists.

I concede the point of an economy in terms of money income and money expense for one player.

However, in my view, we cannot talk about an ingame economy as we know it from an MMO point of view, because we have no money flux between players and / or a player driven market, or any goods that can be traded between said players.

From my position, the economy is just fine, since I managed to buy me a 335k apartment AND have almost 700k in the bank now, with a full garage. I am not that far away from fully modding all my cars with those money. All that with 58 hours and 7 minutes played on my lvl 38 char.

The economy wouldn`t be fine if car prices would be fluctuating based on real offer and demand and ingame cash flow. Right now, all prices / expenses are static and influenced only by Rockstar.

Using my above apartment as an example: regardless of how many players are buying Weasel Plaza 101, it will always have the same price = 335k. We would be talking about an ingame economy if the price will go up the more players are buying it and/or going down if players are not buying it.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

@Phyxsius: I think I can agree with you on that point. I assumed you were taking the stance of the 6,000 other people who think that there is literally no economy in the game.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Retardation
  • Retardation

Radio Mirror Park

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Sounds dumb...keep grinding and think of another dumb idea....kids these days lmao

this guy is a retard and you are right op

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

The OP is the first forum poster to agree with my opinion, yesterday IGN posted an article also agreeing with me that missions have been downgraded to adjust the economy for heists rewards.

The ironic thing about GTAV is that it parodies American greed and it's userbase has become a parody of itself. it's possibly the funniest and most intellectual social experiment ever.

Ace Bandit 23
  • Ace Bandit 23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

They can fix this.. Easiest way that I can think of is this.. They should be able to calculate, based on honest game play since launch, better yet, based on honest farmer gameplay, the most money a player could have possibly made from October 1st until now. Just throwing a number out there, for example," lets say they calculate 8 million." Then they should be able to reset anyone that is over the 8 million dollar threshold to the 8 million mark . Anyone else under 8 mil would just keep what they have. They would of course do this after they have patched all known glitches and implemented warnings for full account resets for future glitchers.

Thoughts on this.?

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

They might reset everyone's money when they give everyone that $500,000.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I have money earned legitimately. They`d better not reset mine.

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

this guy is a retard and you are right op

YOU ARE SO DUMB!!!! OMG!!!! I'M JUST GOING TO THINK THAT YOUR POST IS A BAD ATTEMPT AT "TROLLING".

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Deffpony, 21 October 2013 - 08:06 PM.

I highly doubt they would do this. Especially if they intend on giving 500k to everyone. They are well aware that there were hiccups in the GTA Online launch, and they are doing their best to make up for it. Resets would only make it worse, and they know that.

Reminder:

Unless you want to lose your posting privileges, dont call other members names or flame them. If you cant contribute, just dont post at all.

lemurbeamur
  • lemurbeamur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I highly doubt they would do this. Especially if they intend on giving 500k to everyone. They are well aware that there were hiccups in the GTA Online launch, and they are doing their best to make up for it. Resets would only make it worse, and they know that.

I'd agree with you on that, but what if there was a way to isolate the glitchers alone and reset their money? Or, just put these players on a list of people that won't receive a stimulus package. I can't think of any solution that isn't going to piss a set group of people off, whether it be the ones that earned the money legitimately or glitched their way to get it. With that being said, if the glitched money is the cause of all these problems... if R* is going to piss anybody off, shouldn't it be the glitchers? Just another opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users