» «
Photo

Rockstar has failed

27 replies to this topic
Kazarkas
  • Kazarkas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by Kazarkas, 21 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

There isn't any other way to say it, Rockstar's GTAO launch was pitiful at best.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the game at release but due to recent bugs, and upper level management, the game has simply lost its luster. Rockstar's own failures are now having a profound effect on players. All these failures would have been easily overcome if they released a beta (normal for almost any online game). 

Many mission payouts were drastically cut due to previous farmers, mission glitches (example: destroying the cocaine in Violent Duct), and finally the upcoming arrival of cash cards. 

Players will now find it harder to obtain money and experience because they can no longer replay missions or obtain a rightful reward for completing them. The worst part of this whole situation is the fact many people were able to benefit greatly from Rockstar's past failures and newer players are now at a severe disadvantage. 

There are already players that are above the level 150, unlocking everything currently in the game. We are here roughly three weeks after launch and people have effectively beaten the game due to Rockstar's failure to anticipate and fix such issues. 

Now I will go on to a much bigger issue at hand, money glitches, RP glitches, and "God mode" glitches.

It is common knowledge that these glitches exist and Rockstar doesn't do much to fix them. There was a money making glitch that yielded 50M+ and hour and it wasn't fixed for longer than a week (new method currently working after 1.04 patch). This brought tremendous amounts of money into the game. Rockstar resorting to putting players in a cheater's lobby due to their own failures to code a game correctly. They showed complete and utter laziness, and a lack of desire to maintain their game. 

In addition to the money glitch there is also an RP glitch that yields roughly 7k RP every two minutes depending on your connection, and level. This glitch has been known about for ages now and it has not been fixed. There is also the infamous "God mode" glitch. This glitch has also been out for some time, a player can be invincible while shooting other players etc.. Rockstar has not fixed this glitch either and I don't anticipate it being fixed for quite some time.

Now for me, my personal complaint is Rockstar's disgraceful servers. I have had my progress deleted numerous times. Plagued with disconnects, lost progress, and glitches in general, I have begun to be sickened with this launch. I have lost easily a days worth of playing time due to character deletion, and lost saved data.

The so called "Stimulus Package" is only adding insult to injury. You admit you screwed up so you are handing out 500k to every player. This is completely asinine. Rockstar has effectively given out the most expensive apartment to all players and then some. Eventually this will be insignificant due to cash cards, in which the game will turn into a "pay to win" game.

Next time make a beta for the others buying the game because I certainly won't be purchasing the next installment of GTA. 

And one final note: 

What in the hell is "Bad Sport"? This game encourages wreaking havoc, killing etc.. and you are going to penalize people for it? This game is rated M, there is no need to appeal to the ten year old whining that he was killed. Why are players penalized for destroying other aggressors' vehicles if they were the ones initiating a fight? This is complete garbage. 

• TheNevmeister likes this

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by ShapelessHorr0r, 21 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

tl;dr

R* probably didn't prepare for 20,000,000+ people jumping online the first day. The servers couldn't of handled that. Too few and the tech hasn't advanced far enough yet.

I do think that R* should have worked on GTAO a bit more. Bad sport, only garages and apartments, glitches like you said, etc.

dailydrummerx
  • dailydrummerx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I bet Gamestop would take your copy for you.
  • Seanftd likes this

myname2917
  • myname2917

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think it is too soon to conclude they failed but they sure have dropped the ball with the start of this grand project they have. I also agree they needed to have had a beta instead of making this release be the beta.

The worst part to me is that there are all the Rockstar ball lickers who keep carrying the water for the company ignoring all the issues they have had both with GTA 5 (it's full of bugs and the game itself is a letdown) and this Online which they wouldn't do for other companies. What i mean by this is by acting like either the bugs don't matter or attacking others when they bring up the bugs and state they are frustrated by them.

Nice to see deifying Rockstar has become a cult like with all the Apple zealots out there. I'll never understand the logic in humans defending a company like it is their child. Yikes.

Kazarkas
  • Kazarkas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'll never understand the logic in humans defending a company like it is their child. Yikes.

That is because there is no logic accompanying the belief. 

Kazarkas
  • Kazarkas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't trade in games, I rather just not play them.

Besides, I am not an avid gamer as I have course work that is more important. 

I am just disappointed that Rockstar literally just decided to wing it.

Kazarkas
  • Kazarkas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

tl;dr

R* probably didn't prepare for 20,000,000+ people jumping online the first day. The servers couldn't of handled that. Too few and the tech hasn't advanced far enough yet.

I can slightly understand that but all the data corruption, player deletion, and lengthy fixes are killing the game. There is almost too much damage done in the beginning stages that it will have a profound effect in the future. 

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

tl;dr

I can slightly understand that but all the data corruption, player deletion, and lengthy fixes are killing the game. There is almost too much damage done in the beginning stages that it will have a profound effect in the future. 

The servers probably couldn't hold all the save data. Yes there are plenty of problems but R* is doing their best. It'll smooth out. And I think they're adding things.

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

tl;dr

I do think that R* should have worked on GTAO a bit more. Bad sport, only garages and apartments, glitches like you said, etc.

They should have known, especially seeing as they had GTAIV Online. R* reminds me right now of the F2P game Spartacus when it came out.

izjar
  • izjar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Its far to easy to criticize the game which is by far a "FAILURE". For your own assurance Perfection in online gaming is not possible, every game (EVERY GAME) has issues All of them! 

This game is fun, and entertaining as hell, sell it if your not happy. 

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

GTA 4 sold 25 million copies by 2010, that was just the first 3 years and doesn't include the next 2 years before GTA 5 was launched

GTA 5 did not sell 25 million by the time GTA Online was launched so why are these people defending Rockstar saying "They didn't expected this many people to log on at once"

f***ing ass lickers!

PEDROGR190
  • PEDROGR190

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm not quite happy with this new concept of gta online. They should keep it, but also they should add the oldschool free mode from gta IV, where you can find basically every weapon on the floor and don't need to worry about "bad sport" and money. I don't have many time to play and that would be very nice. Just my opinion obviously.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just because they're failing doesn't mean they've failed. They're on the road to recovery, but it's going to take a while before we're there. I'm still experiencing Timed Out issues and getting kicked issues whilst others are still having lost money, levels, cars and appartments. 

adra12
  • adra12

Orange and Maroon VT

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

When you have been a part of a game with over 20 million users then you will have the knowledge to suggest half the things in your post. Until then I suggest you play the game if you enjoy it and not if you don't, as software engineering especially game design is not easy.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

GTA 4 sold 25 million copies by 2010, that was just the first 3 years and doesn't include the next 2 years before GTA 5 was launched

GTA 5 did not sell 25 million by the time GTA Online was launched so why are these people defending Rockstar saying "They didn't expected this many people to log on at once"

f***ing ass lickers!

GTA 5 broke the record as the fastest selling game ever. I think it was around...1 billion units in 3 days.

Derp derpity derp derp derp derpity derp.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

GTA 5 broke the record as the fastest selling game ever. I think it was around...1 billion units in 3 days.

LMAO, it made 1 billion dollers in 3 days not copies :lol:

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Agree with most of the rant, but I forgive R* for the server errors and saving errors.  That stuff is bound to happen considering all the players that were going to log in.

What I don't condone, and agree wholeheartedly with OP, is the fact that instead of addressing some key flaws in the gameplay, they're seemingly focusing on how to make the cash cards more valuable to themselves.  Nerfing the missions over and over instead of focusing on how to fix the "Bad Sport" issues, being kicked by other players, and various outside gameplay glitches (LSC glitch comes to mind, but there are more) is bogus.

I believe that R* will fix these issues, eventually, but to do so behind trying to fix the grinds is stupid. Luckily I took advantage of RR, but it truly is unfair to those who missed out. (which shouldn't be the case, 

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

The online game is quite sh*tty IMO,  none of the game modes seem to have been created from the ground up to make GTAO engaging, and the games mechanics, shooting and driving are clunky at best.

damn - I  defended R* even after they messed up Max Payne 3 and made that game one fcuked up snooze fest ... R* have lost their creativity , someone good left that company and it's showing through the games they have released this generation,  the only IP they have released was RDR and that was / is essentially GTA with horses and no PC release, R* are a bunch of rich c*nts now

NO wonder they delayed launch for two weeks.... bad sport is broken, game "economy / player levels is all messed up / missions nerfed / payouts nerfed / lobby system totally crap / staying in lobbies with friends / broken / passive mode broken / clear rules on what spawns at what player level - broken / free aim no free aim - broken / police AI - broken

Chris9144
  • Chris9144

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by Chris9144, 23 October 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Congratulations on creating yet another new topic on how sh*t a game is that you are obviously still playing and continuously talk about. You could have just posted you sorrows and annoyances on a different one? But let's get to what you're trying to talk about here.

Many mission payouts were drastically cut due to previous farmers, mission glitches (example: destroying the cocaine in Violent Duct), and finally the upcoming arrival of cash cards.

Well yea, if I were Rockstar I would cut the payouts too... There are 500 completely different activities to do at this present point in time; 500 MISSIONS!! I may have done some multiple times, but never in a row. They want you to go out and explore that stupidly gigantic world of theirs. Stop grinding for cash and ranks and just have some random fun. If you really want to grind go play WoW or Runescape.

It is common knowledge that these glitches exist and Rockstar doesn't do much to fix them. There was a money making glitch that yielded 50M+ and hour and it wasn't fixed for longer than a week (new method currently working after 1.04 patch). This brought tremendous amounts of money into the game. Rockstar resorting to putting players in a cheater's lobby due to their own failures to code a game correctly. They showed complete and utter laziness, and a lack of desire to maintain their game.

Not maintaining the game? Not maintaining the game? NOT MAINTAINING THE GAME!??!?! How bloody stupid are you? Did you really have to beg your mum to buy this game for you and now you are throwing a tantrum on the ground? I'm pretty sure 5-6 updates in 3 weeks is maintaining the game.. It's almost as bad as EA not updating any sports game for a month after release. You know what you are right. How rude of them. And those cheat lobbys? I'll get to those in a second.

In addition to the money glitch there is also an RP glitch that yields roughly 7k RP every two minutes depending on your connection, and level. This glitch has been known about for ages now and it has not been fixed. There is also the infamous "God mode" glitch. This glitch has also been out for some time, a player can be invincible while shooting other players etc.. Rockstar has not fixed this glitch either and I don't anticipate it being fixed for quite some time.

Again did someone shoot you and you weren't happy? Glitch this, glitch that. And that "God Mode" is so infamous I've never heard of it! Amazing I know right.

Now for me, my personal complaint is Rockstar's disgraceful servers. I have had my progress deleted numerous times. Plagued with disconnects, lost progress, and glitches in general, I have begun to be sickened with this launch. I have lost easily a days worth of playing time due to character deletion, and lost saved data.

13 million copies were sold with in the first week. If you take into consideration of how many of those would have internet and who would have gave a sh*t about GTA Online on first day, make that maybe 4 million people trying to access the servers world wide all at once? Yea that would be a slight monumental task.

Now here is where I do start to agree with you. It's disappointing that Rockstar didn't do any closed Beta's of Online prior to starting to address these issues, it really should have been considered, at least under close scrutiny because come on, how much hype was on this game? An open beta would have been disastrous with everyone leaking sh*t everywhere. But hey, atleast they are attempting to make all these fixes.

The so called "Stimulus Package" is only adding insult to injury. You admit you screwed up so you are handing out 500k to every player. This is completely asinine. Rockstar has effectively given out the most expensive apartment to all players and then some. Eventually this will be insignificant due to cash cards, in which the game will turn into a "pay to win" game.

It's not really that hard to earn $500,000. if you just play through different activities you rack in the cash without grinding. And there is really nothing special about the $400,000 apartment, its the same as a $200,000 but a different location.

Also I highly doubt it will turn into a pay to win game, because it means jack sh*t if you have money or not in this game, its not WoW or CoD.

Next time make a beta for the others buying the game because I certainly won't be purchasing the next installment of GTA.

Yes because the Online section wasn't up to scratch you wont buy the complete game. GTA V takes around 50+hrs to get 100% and even then you haven't completed 100%. They just gave you two games for the price of one so shut up and play?

What in the hell is "Bad Sport"? This game encourages wreaking havoc, killing etc.. and you are going to penalize people for it? This game is rated M, there is no need to appeal to the ten year old whining that he was killed. Why are players penalized for destroying other aggressors' vehicles if they were the ones initiating a fight? This is complete garbage.

Yes it does give you the opportunity to wreak havoc but what it doesn't want you to do is to do that to people who just want to play. If you really want to f*ck around, just go on a private server with your friends and you wont get that "Bad Sport".

Anyway rant over. No I'm not an Rockstar arse-licker, I can just see two sides to a story and that in all honesty I have a fantastic game to play and one that I know will forever evolve and become better over time.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

LMAO, it made 1 billion dollers in 3 days not copies :lol:

Well I feel stupid. Anyways, my point stands.

FinalStandLabs
  • FinalStandLabs

TGN Partnered YouTuber

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thiiiiiis. Lol.

JasePearson
  • JasePearson

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

OP lacks knowledge.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

There isn't any other way to say it, Rockstar's GTAO launch was pitiful at best.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the game at release but due to recent bugs, and upper level management, the game has simply lost its luster. Rockstar's own failures are now having a profound effect on players. All these failures would have been easily overcome if they released a beta (normal for almost any online game). 

Players will now find it harder to obtain money and experience because they can no longer replay missions or obtain a rightful reward for completing them. The worst part of this whole situation is the fact many people were able to benefit greatly from Rockstar's past failures and newer players are now at a severe disadvantage. 

There are already players that are above the level 150, unlocking everything currently in the game. We are here roughly three weeks after launch and people have effectively beaten the game due to Rockstar's failure to anticipate and fix such issues. 

Now I will go on to a much bigger issue at hand, money glitches, RP glitches, and "God mode" glitches.

And one final note: 

Can't really argue with any of your points here. I hope the game gets better.

MagellanD
  • MagellanD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wow!

I guess you don't play many other games outside of this type.

Defiance was an atrocious launch in April and they STILL haven't fixed much of anything and have just introduced more bugs and game problem with their pitiful attempts at "balancing"

Sim City sucked and was hell to live through, just like Diablo.  This unfortunately has become a commonplace for launches as more games tend to lean towards some sort of MMO type game play.

While I'll agree it wasn't the best launch R* has been on top of issues as well say any other Triple A Developer can.

You are also stating that it is taking forever to fix glitches?

You obviously have no Idea how development cycles work or how they have to do things.

1 week is faster than most if not all company's on an AGILE development cycle.  2 or 3 weeks is usually the case.  Even my company is on a 2 week cadence.  Code takes time to write and you have to ensure it doesn't break anything else while you clean up.

I have to say working in the industry they have the setup very high to enable server side code changes in an agile method without dropping the servers for "maintenance".  They're taking half of the clusters out updating the code and then swapping them out to update.  This method decreases downtime unlike other companies that always blast "Servers down for maintenance".  We do the same thing too.  

I have to agree about the bad sport thing.  I've been in that crappy lobby twice.

Once because me and my crew members wanted to see the dunce caps and started killing each others cars.

The last time for 4 days because I was defending myself against griefers while trying to upgrade my garage cars and respray them.  They give us explosives but don't want to use them in GTA.  It is freaking GTA.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm so glad you could speak up on my behalf without asking for my opinion first.

"There's no other way to say it"

Yes there is. How about my way? "I enjoy it and look forward to future updates". You're entitled to your opinion, but since I'm also entitled to mine, don't presume to imply that it is the same as yours.

Safetytrousers
  • Safetytrousers

I bring flowers

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

. For your own assurance Perfection in online gaming is not possible, every game (EVERY GAME) has issues All of them! 

I played Warhawk a lot, and I mean a lot. I never saw a single bug or glitch in it.

I am playing GTA online obsessively and any annoyance to me comes from players, not the occasional glitch here and there. It certainly isn't a failure for me, it's got me hooked.

I just wish with all the races there are on the map that people didn't keep playing Criminal Records and Down the Drain.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by rlr149, 02 November 2013 - 12:54 AM.

f***ing ass lickers!

that assumes that all 25 million copies of gta4 were online at the same time, some of the first to buy probably weren't playing it only 1 year later so how does it bear any resemblance to 15 million people all trying to get online on day 1 of GTAO!  thats more than any other online game concurrent player records by about 5million, dota2=5mill+ after 3 years, WoW = 10mill after 9 years, LoL = 5mill after 5 years, GTA:O = 15mill after 1 day.

Anyone who expected this to be a perfect roll out is an idiot, anyone who thinks they could do better should go make their own game and prove it, look how well this "failure" did!

yes it has its issues, and yes the story mode isn't all that, tbh they peaked on the feel/style/music with vice city imo, not much can top it.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

. For your own assurance Perfection in online gaming is not possible, every game (EVERY GAME) has issues All of them! 

I played Warhawk a lot, and I mean a lot. I never saw a single bug or glitch in it.

I am playing GTA online obsessively and any annoyance to me comes from players, not the occasional glitch here and there. It certainly isn't a failure for me, it's got me hooked.

I just wish with all the races there are on the map that people didn't keep playing Criminal Records and Down the Drain.

arms race, 5+ laps in supercars, wanted levels for extra hi-jinks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users