Online Abuse

83 replies to this topic
polo53
  • polo53

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Evening folks. 

First off, I am having a great time on GTA, let me just put that out there. 

However, the one thing that really gripes me is the use of language and profanities by individuals during sessions. Races which I do a fair amount of are generally very well natured. However, about half an hour ago I was in a lobby with a couple of kids by all accounts who were calling me every name under the sun. This further escalated when one of them proceeded to ram me "Watch this **** I am going to ran this c**t off the course" only for him to punt me into the back of his friend and send them both into a wall. Hilarious indeed but that did not help their mood.

I find it a. Sickening that these kids have got hold of the game in the first place and b. Have the nerve, cheek or what ever you want to call it to abuse a complete stranger over the internet. It really does worry me what kind of individuals we have growing up in society if their school night consists of shouting at randoms over a game. 

I would love to see R* implement a bad language report form or recording system of some type so that this abuse does not go unpunished. In all fairness, if these two individuals were banned from the game, it would not be at all unwarranted. 

9/10 of the games I play are in a fun manner and well treated which is great, shame its the 1/10 that ruin it. 

Polo

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дредлоксъ

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Its a game for adults, kids or not, adult language should be expected.

antidrip
  • antidrip

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

I think you should be banned. No one would miss you. Go put on a pretty dress grab your dolls and play tea party.
  • EyeMacHunt, slappyJ, KyoukoToshinou and 1 other like this

UKAIDANUK
  • UKAIDANUK

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by UKAIDANUK, 21 October 2013 - 06:15 PM.

I've found the majority of immature behavior on this game, stems from children.

Everytime i've been rammed off course, killed for no reason, or failed a mission due to someone blowing up the objective... They've all been young teenagers just looking for a quick laugh.

Just try to ignore it and move on mate.

*EDIT* The comment above me speaks volumes.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I don't hang around any adults that scream fa**ot and c*nt IRL.

• Kayli likes this

polo53
  • polo53

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Adult language sure, I myself have sworn at a mistake, accident what ever you like, but flat out abuse is just wrong. 

I think you should be banned. No one would miss you. Go put on a pretty dress grab your dolls and play tea party.

Case and point right here. 

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

This. Bumpers are dirty cum dumpsters, but I'd hate to be banned for telling them what they are.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by theadmiral, 21 October 2013 - 06:19 PM.

This. Bumpers are dirty cum dumpsters, but I'd hate to be banned for telling them what they are.

Would you call someone that in person m8? If not, you are a coward, plain and simple. And if so, you are a disgrace.

• Omnicr0n likes this

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Because they bullied you and you ran away

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

You can report players for abusive language (and other things).

I doubt very much that it accomplishes anything, but at least you'd feel like you were doing something about it. 

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

This. I can expect adult language, f*ck, sh*t, bitch, damnit, etc. are to be expected, but the continuous use of nigga, fa**ot, etc. aren't what I'd expect from an adult. Occasional? Maybe, but I hear grown men (in their 30's) swearing like they have Tourette's.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Because they bullied you and you ran away

No, I've just never heard that type of language from anyone over 20.

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by tobu24, 21 October 2013 - 07:31 PM.

10/10 for making me reply.

I'm pretty sure OP is a troll. No way in a game that implies rape, has horrific murder, foul language, and torture do you whine about curse words online. If not trolling, the topic should've been " I hate sh*tty parents that buy GTA V for their sh*tty kids."

• RPhilMan1 likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 21 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

"Marco? Polo?" I want you know the quote for that game.

1) I don't mind whether it was a kid (assuming a kid is 10 years old) or a 80-year old who played this game.

Mainly because a) Despite all your best attempts to protect them from profanities, they'd learn it in school anyway (I learned some creative ones there), since there are always kids who swear. So yeah... and b) If it concerns you so much, why don't you report the kid for being underage in a 17+ (America)/18+ (Europe) game? Not that it would do anything anyway, since reports don't do anything, usually.

Besides, is Internet so different? I haven't seen people go nuts for someone swearing in e.g. YouTube comments. Most commonly there is just a witty reply to the one who swears without reason.

2) Well... insulting a person via talking requires some more nerve than an insult via text. So I admit insulting people via speech can be concerning-ish when by a kid.

3) This is literally like the 5th thread I have seen about this, so it must be a serious subject for you people.

4) This isn't going to get any better unless every parent bans their child from Internet, from online games, home-schools them and never lets them watch 15+ movies/series/games. So yeah.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Online interactions not rated, for a reason. plus the game has plenty of foul language in it to begin with. 

I'm not saying your an idiot.. Well, maybe I am.

• who-dat likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by theadmiral, 21 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Online interactions not rated, for a reason. plus the game has plenty of foul language in it to begin with. 

You're

Couldn't resist considering you questioned his intelligence.

• lilpokerface likes this

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Casp3r421, 21 October 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Would you call someone that in person m8? If not, you are a coward, plain and simple. And if so, you are a disgrace.
Indeed I would and have. I'm from liberty city. I mean ny. We say what we mean

Edit: wholet you off your stupid cricket post you cum dumpster?
  • who-dat likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

2) Well... insulting a person via talking requires some more nerve than an insult via text. So I admit insulting people via speech can be concerning-ish when by a kid.

I don't even find it insulting, I find it idiotic. They just repeat what they hear the 'grown-ups' saying or what they hear from the game. Swearing isn't a problem, it's the childish tone that goes along with it. Like I said in another thread, I played with a kid who was my age and he wouldn't stop screaming like a little girl. He'd yell "Motherf*cking nigga bitch!" when he died and then he'd scream like the Angry German Kid.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Indeed I would and have. I'm from liberty city. I mean ny. We say what we mean

Lived in New York City (Astoria Queens) for 4 years never heard anyone PERIOD use the term cum dumpster, never heard anyone over 20 call someone a fa**ot.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Mute button, that's all I'm saying.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

You're

I never said anything about his grammar. And nobody gives a f*ck about how I spell "you're" except people looking for the tiniest reason to be better then someone else.

Get f*cked fail troll.

• who-dat likes this

polo53
  • polo53

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

This thread was not opened to incite more slagging gents. I was merely so miffed at the torrent of abuse I got. 

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hmm.. Astoria, the jewy part?
Like don't thinking I yelled I fa**ot at anyone. As that's not my style.

You obviously have never been in a car while you were staying here. Or you would have heard some road rage swearing that puts mine to shame.

And you stated it. Disgrace is like a swear to you "classy" people

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by theadmiral, 21 October 2013 - 06:30 PM.

You're

I never said anything about his grammar. And nobody gives a f*ck about how I spell "you're" except people looking for the tiniest reason to be better then someone else.

Get f*cked fail troll.

It is just that you made a grade school error while calling someone else an idiot. That is all. No need to get so heated.

• Frank Brown likes this

blackorwhite99
  • blackorwhite99

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

didnt read

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

You obviously have never been in a car while you were staying here. Or you would have heard some road rage swearing that puts mine to shame.

Woah. Who drives in the city, man?

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by Ballistic_BG, 21 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

You're

Get f*cked fail troll.

It is just that you made a grade school error while calling someone else an idiot. That is all. No need to get so heated.

It's actually spelled, mate.

Not a grade school error, it's called cutting corners like all those little acronyms people use.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Doubt you even live in the city.

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Who drives in the city? Since you claim to have been repping queens I imagine you would have. Since "the city" consists of manhattan. Not the boroughs. But now your gonna tell me you took the subway and never heard a bad word. f*ck off count rag.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Who drives in the city? Since you claim to have been repping queens I imagine you would have. Since "the city" consists of manhattan. Not the boroughs. But now your gonna tell me you took the subway and never heard a bad word. f*ck off count rag.

I asked that. Not him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users