Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any way to change the stupid bike helmets?

13 replies to this topic
F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

My character looks like an idiot wearing that Sheriff-esque helmet on an Akuma.

A-Lonely-Dragon
  • A-Lonely-Dragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

go to the hats section in a clothing store?

Amanny59
  • Amanny59

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

buy a helmet, then it will update the one you always put on.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

the suburban shop is the only one that I have found with hats/helmets - but to be honest I quit looking once I had it.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

the suburban shop is the only one that I have found with hats/helmets - but to be honest I quit looking once I had it.

All the clothing stores have the exact same options for clothing. And all the stores sell helmets in the hat section.

F63
  • F63

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks guys. Now my character won't look retarded.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Be warned though, if you just buy all the helmets like I did your character won't necessarily put on the one you want by default (I believe the last one you purchased becomes default when getting on a bike). I didn't know this a bought the helmets in the wrong order, and my default was something I didn't even want and only bought because it was there.

I was actually thankful when the game glitched and didn't save my shopping spree of clothes, I opted only to have the plain black helmet this time and it's the only one my character ever tries to put on now.

Amanny59
  • Amanny59

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Be warned though, if you just buy all the helmets like I did your character won't necessarily put on the one you want by default (I believe the last one you purchased becomes default when getting on a bike). I didn't know this a bought the helmets in the wrong order, and my default was something I didn't even want and only bought because it was there.

I was actually thankful when the game glitched and didn't save my shopping spree of clothes, I opted only to have the plain black helmet this time and it's the only one my character ever tries to put on now.

if you hold the back button to bring up the quick menu, then you can select inventory.  You can equip your helmet even when you arent on a bike. it should change the default helmet.

iSkreenLooker
  • iSkreenLooker

Homie

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Go to a clothes store and buy a helmet from there.

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

If you go back to a loathing store you can require a helmet through the shopping menu to update that outfit with the proper helmet.

Randomness will still occur sometimes, but not nearly as much.

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

Helmets don't show up in the hat section of ANY clothing store for me.  What's going on with that?  :(

The Law
  • The Law

Collector

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Helmets don't show up in the hat section of ANY clothing store for me.  What's going on with that?  :(

They're in the helmet section, bud.

Near the bottom, if not at the bottom.

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by bobblunderbust, 23 October 2013 - 01:18 AM.

you can pick what one you use in inventory

on a side note if you do not see helmets get a hair cut some haircuts wont show helmets in stores its a bug

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yea some haircuts don't allow you to purchase helmets, and some haircuts don't allow you to purchase other hat types, just change the hair until it is available.

Once you have a selection of helmets (and other hats) you can use them on whatever haircut you want, its just purchasing that doesn't always work.

Also, if you have more than one helmet, to choose which one you want as default, press the square button (PS3) when highlighting the helmet in your inventory (it says what to press at the bottom of the screen), after that it should use the same helmet all the time, at least it does for me anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users