Photo

The game isn't saving progress

27 replies to this topic
Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I just played now and gained a Rank. I quit using Start->Quit GTA Online to single player , got the spinny circle, everything normal.

I go back to online, nothing had saved. This is the first time I've seen this, I wasn't kicked, I quit, saving correctly. The Cloud appears fine, It just isn't saving.

I'm not sure what to do with this one, it simply isn't saving.

Saving is the most basic functionality you'd expect in an online game.

iamZongo
  • iamZongo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Over the weekend I got the joy of repeating level 39 about 6 times due to this...
  • demonjlh likes this

iamZongo
  • iamZongo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I would play for about 2 hours save come back and nothing updated....a friend of mine lvl 59 toon is completly missing day 2 for that hoping it comes back....+1 R*

Skardsen
  • Skardsen

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

It didn't unlock anything for me for the races last night.

ChaosIKI
  • ChaosIKI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

There's about a 5h delay on the servers, if you quit and come back to play within that time you're gonna lose what you did previously, but if you quit and come back after 5h it's going to be normal, is like you're overwriting your progress

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've about had it with Rockstar tbh. I really like the game.

Who makes an online RPG that fails to save progress?

What's worse is there is no real way to talk to R*, you can dump your complaint into the abyss with the millions of other ignored complaints on their twitter or support page with 20 thousand+ comments.

I really want to play, but if it doesn't save what the damn point? Inept.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Mine keeps saying it wont save and cant save but I quit anyway and come back and everything is as it should be.

This "failure to save" never happened before the last patch. Disgraceful.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

so it's not safe to play gta online after the patch

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Quitting through the start menu back to SP is supposed to be safe if the Cloud is up. I have the gold circle as is normal, everything looks fine, but I seem to be stuck at my current Rank etc. It doesn't want to save anything new today. The last few days have been spotty.

I'll probably try again I guess. Bummer.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

It's beyond ridiculous, nothing is getting saved.

If progression is not saved, there is literally zero point in playing.

Even before, when the game disconnected every time I tried to join a job, at least progression was saved for the open world.

I can't believe it is actually getting worse.

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

with every patch they seem to just make even more problems with the game. i'm starting to think that R* doesn't know what the hell they're doing.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I found this, last updated yesterday, not too helpful.

xaq4p3.jpg

AJ-in-JAX
  • AJ-in-JAX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

CHANGE YOUR CREW

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just logged in after getting my rank back from this morning plus one, both gone again!!

Back to where I was last night.

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

What console?

On PS3 it seems to be updating its self every 2-4 hours.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

PS3, I lost last night's rank. Redid it plus one this morning, now I'm back to last night again.

Social Club page hasn't changed all day, it too, has not updated since last night. I refreshed it all day.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

It's been happening for me all w/e and today although I haven't played since Saturday morning. I have just been logging in occasionally to see if my levels are back. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.  They are going up & down entirely randomly.

SGT TickleFight
  • SGT TickleFight

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

This has been happening to me on and off over the weekend. It seems to be totally random as to whether it saves or not - probably due to server traffic...

I also would suggest doing something in free roam before quitting such as selling a vehicle, robbing something or beating people up and taking money. I found the auto saves in free roam to be the most reliable post patch.

LORD0fW4R187
  • LORD0fW4R187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

i learn to exploit this a little. I noticed that while my rank and money didnt save correctly, my car mods did. So i upgraded one vehicle with the roughly $100K I had. Saved, left, came back, I was back to $100K cash and still had the turbo and other upgrades. I ended up repeating this on every vehicle I own. I was able to purchase 6 turbos and every other mod I wanted for $100k. and in the end,I still had my $100K. I did this on saturday. My ranks didnt save all weekend but the car mods are still there.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

I've now ground out the three Ranks ..again.

I'm so paranoid to "Leave GTA Online" now, lol. I'll be so disheartened to lose them again.

I've gotten haircuts, car mod, bought clothes, went to my apt, and changed clothes, all hoping it saves.

The only issue is my SC page updated my clothes, but not my skills and Rank *gulp!*

I'm not sure what else to do to try and save it :facedesk:  Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try, ha.

Gijs_XD
  • Gijs_XD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

I had the same problem. I was just started and was lv.9 and then I thought I need some money, so I earned 40k or something and then it doesn't save. Are they going to fix it or have we to earn all the lv's and the money again? I think I will play Gta online again as they fixed everything, because i am verry frustrating now.

Imvho
  • Imvho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi. New here! This game makes me crazy tbh. Never experienced an online game in which you need to wait few hours to rejoin if you want your progress to be saved...
And yesterday i was kicked ouf of nowhere by some players so i lost everything ive done in my session...

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by janimal, 22 October 2013 - 08:18 AM.

I've now ground out the three Ranks ..again.

I'm so paranoid to "Leave GTA Online" now, lol. I'll be so disheartened to lose them again.

I've gotten haircuts, car mod, bought clothes, went to my apt, and changed clothes, all hoping it saves.

The only issue is my SC page updated my clothes, but not my skills and Rank *gulp!*

I'm not sure what else to do to try and save it :facedesk:  Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try, ha.

Well for me clothes haven't saved at all since Friday - although it does take the money. So I would give up on your wardrobe for now. Cars & car mods do seem to save though.

However, if the money you spent doesn't save and you still buy more things you end up with social club stats like mine...

Total Earned   $465,404
Total Spent    $638,549

Which means I have spent $173,145 dollars more than I have earned :/

Hortey
  • Hortey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I think it's a much larger issue than it simply not saving.  I can go online, buy some clothes, change to them, steal a car, get a bountry from a npc, sell the car and then quit.  I come back and my money and clothes are gone but I still have the bounty on me.... so it saved SOME info, but threw out my clothes and deleted my money.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well for me clothes haven't saved at all since Friday - although it does take the money. So I would give up on your wardrobe for now. Cars & car mods do seem to save though.

However, if the money you spent doesn't save and you still buy more things you end up with social club stats like mine...

Total Earned   $465,404
Total Spent    $638,549

Which means I have spent $173,145 dollars more than I have earned :/

Haha nice. And no one can blame you for it either, I mean who on Earth knew that the Rockstar servers were unable to do basic and simple maths.

And you're right, cars and mods do save, even though experience and cash does not. Weird.

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'm having the same issues on xbox. It will save my haircuts,clothes, and cars but not my cash. I log on a couple of hours later and my cash is there. This game is becoming more of a headache and chore for me than I expected. 

farfromsane
  • farfromsane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just noticed my 30 minutes online earlier hasn't been saved either.

Got to love the power of the cloud

Imvho
  • Imvho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Funny thing, they make fun of cloud in their ig commercials and they cant use it properly.
Seriously i dont know if i shoud be playing or not, the saving si really too f*cked up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users