Photo

Share Your Stories

3,054 replies to this topic
OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Quite by chance - as always - I stole a car which just happened to be one that Simeon wanted. So off I drive to the Customs, all the time watching for blips following me. Sure enough as I head down the ramp that leads to the shop I notice a blip loitering on the overpass that looks down onto the customs shop. I park round the side of the garage and get out, determined to delivery this one to the docks and pick up my wage.

Now I'll be the first to admit I lack awareness when it comes to spotting other players, even with the blip, and it took me some time to realise that ever since I got out of the car this guy had been watching me from the bridge overhead. He could have gunned me down 10 times over before I'd realised where he was, but instead he just chose to watch me. Even when I opened fire he didn't shoot back. He just took cover and kept popping up to look. Eventually I hit him enough times and he died. I hopped back into the car, got the respray and successfully delivered it to the docks in mint condition.

To this day I'll never know why this guy didn't shoot me and steal the ringer for himself.

• CheaterMcCheat, Nathan46970 and Flicksy like this

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

So doing some discount clothes shoppin…when I come walking out, I noticed a white dot screaming at me. I take cover and he comes flying around the corner, blasting away at me and trying to mow me down.

BAP BAP BAP! Dude’s dead.

I run up on his car to check the doors on his Vacca. I mean…of COURSE it’s locked, right? No WAY someone with a damn super car is gonna drive it around with it unlocked, right?!

Door opens. Lolwtf. I hop in and HAUL ASS. Can’t destroy it cuz, well, I don’t want “bad sport” and I don’t want to pay insurance. *i even stop at LSC to see if i can sell it...nope, can't sell other ppl's personal cars*  I take his heap on a little joy ride….and I MIGHT have hit a guard rail …or 20… on the way.

He sends mercs…

he puts a huge bounty on me…

none are catching me. man…his car sure is fast LOL

I take it to the top of the map….and PARK IT.

Might have a scratch or two on it. lol fire a text to him while he’s still MILES away trying to get to me.

0111_zps052451d2.jpg

“next time, lock your POS.”

“ya got me”

By the time he gets there to get his busted car…and try to kill me…several OTHER people are there to collect the 8000 bounty. I finally die. But you ALL know what happens when there’s that many players in one spot. Gun fights between him, others, and the cops erupt.

I call my mechanic, get my car, and BAIL out while watching him die SEVERAL more times.

Would be a good story, if every single person didn't kick you out of their vehicle when you jump in it.

clearly, not EVERYONE knows to do this ;)

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Me looking for a new ride to sell, 24 in game hours are up. 

Steal a new Baller. 

BOOM $9000 bounty. 

On the west side of the island near the amunation. 

No health, no armor, pop in for some armor, check the map on exit. 

Red blip making a bee line accross the map straigh to me. 

Look up to see an anhilator and two sprays of bullets pass by me with me in the middle

Raise my AK

Clip later, player bails, choppers goes one way him, down the mountain straight towards me

still blastin

he rag dolls at the bottom,

me, walking towards him, get a lock and BOOM I'm $5000.00 richer

>MEANWHILE IN THE REAL WORLD<

wife calls me from upstairs time for "bed"

later fools

>20 HOURS LATER<

pop in for solo time to make some cash

1 hour later, $9000 you survived a 24 hour bounty

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 29 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Big Brother Is Watching You (Fail)

So, I jump into this online game and decide to take my new Akuma for a spin. Almost immediately, I hit trouble - some douche starts following me. I lose him with a stunt jump but he grabs a friend and tries to follow me again. So it starts to turn into a game of harrassment - I harass them, they harass me, yadda yadda. Eventually, they get bored and head to a nearby ammunation (in Del Perro) while I escape to the roof of a nearby parking garage.

Through the sights of my sniper rifle I see that before I have chance to shoot them, a Pink Sandking XL and a pretty battered Vapid Radius rock up and start a firefight - with each other - right outside the ammunation, which culminates in the Sandking driver returning to his vehicle and running the guy over. As the Sandking drives off, he takes out my target's vehicle. The first guy rushes out and immediately heads for a car. Lucky for him, I don't get a bead on him. His partner isn't so lucky, and I drop him. Something happens in real life, involving my cat, so I scarper back to the apartment to sort it out.

Fast-forward a few minutes and I return. I see a blip on my radar close to my place - maybe a block away. I head over there, assuming it's my would-be attackers from before. As I get there, it's not. It's some random dude in his Vacca. But, i'm too far gone now. So I crack out my AP pistol and unload a clip into the back of his car. Despite his attempt at evasive manouvers, and my atrocious aim, he's worm food and I speed off into the night, down to the Helipad. 

The jingle pops up. "X has set a $7000 bounty on you." Okay, fair enough. I check my map. He's gunning right for me, to reclaim his own bounty. Now ordinarily, if this was anyone else gunning for me, i'd scarper and head off into Blaine County. But this guy has a grudge - he's trying to collect his own damn bounty. So after some clever alleyway manouvering, I outsmart him and make it back to my apartment.

The grey message box appears. It simply reads "sh*tbag". That's okay - I deserved that. But as ever, I can see from my window that he's camping outside (the garage door, I probably could have got out the building door and been ready for him) but this gives me ample oppurtunity to test something for myself. I call some Mercs and head to the TV. Focusing on him, I see he's now moved to the street and is using the Vacca as cover. The first jeep arrives, and he dispatches them with a well-thrown sticky bomb. But clearly, there's more on the way.

He dives back into his Vacca and guns it to the intersection. A jeep appears on his right, and he skids left with a blown tyre. Police sirens sound as he tosses a sticky bomb backwards (and misses). He careers through central Los Santos until he decides to lose the cops in a parking garage. Seemingly out of danger, he heads for the alleyway exit. But he's forced to dismount as another jeep rocks up. Again, he goes for the explosives - a grenade this time. Something goes awry though and instead of flying around the corner and expoloding, it merely drops to the floor.

Right next to his car.

He has just enough time to get clear before his Vacca is a burnt-out husk, He uses cover and dispatches my Mercs with ease. Stealing one of their jeeps, he's intercepted by another one before he gets out of the alleyway, one that shoots out his tyres. He's forced to abandon it and despite disastrous results from last time, he takes cover behind his jeep and attempts to lob a grenade. It's a good throw, but one of the Mercs wings him and he dies.

He respawns. He steals a car and heads south. He's either picking up a replacement vehicle, or going for some better hardware. Either way, i've seen enough. I've got a story to write.

I leave the game and start writing. I look back at the PS3 screen - a new message, that simply reads "you are a bad sh*t house". Yep, totally deserved that one too.

• Gibbzy101, Jordan_LDN and Flicksy like this

Gibbzy101
  • Gibbzy101

DO ONE!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Big Brother Is Watching You (Fail)

So, I jump into this online game and decide to take my new Akuma for a spin. Almost immediately, I hit trouble - some douche starts following me. I lose him with a stunt jump but he grabs a friend and tries to follow me again. So it starts to turn into a game of harrassment - I harass them, they harass me, yadda yadda. Eventually, they get bored and head to a nearby ammunation (in Del Perro) while I escape to the roof of a nearby parking garage.

Through the sights of my sniper rifle I see that before I have chance to shoot them, a Pink Sandking XL and a pretty battered Vapid Radius rock up and start a firefight - with each other - right outside the ammunation, which culminates in the Sandking driver returning to his vehicle and running the guy over. As the Sandking drives off, he takes out my target's vehicle. The first guy rushes out and immediately heads for a car. Lucky for him, I don't get a bead on him. His partner isn't so lucky, and I drop him. Something happens in real life, involving my cat, so I scarper back to the apartment to sort it out.

Fast-forward a few minutes and I return. I see a blip on my radar close to my place - maybe a block away. I head over there, assuming it's my would-be attackers from before. As I get there, it's not. It's some random dude in his Vacca. But, i'm too far gone now. So I crack out my AP pistol and unload a clip into the back of his car. Despite his attempt at evasive manouvers, and my atrocious aim, he's worm food and I speed off into the night, down to the Helipad. 

The jingle pops up. "X has set a $7000 bounty on you." Okay, fair enough. I check my map. He's gunning right for me, to reclaim his own bounty. Now ordinarily, if this was anyone else gunning for me, i'd scarper and head off into Blaine County. But this guy has a grudge - he's trying to collect his own damn bounty. So after some clever alleyway manouvering, I outsmart him and make it back to my apartment.

The grey message box appears. It simply reads "sh*tbag". That's okay - I deserved that. But as ever, I can see from my window that he's camping outside (the garage door, I probably could have got out the building door and been ready for him) but this gives me ample oppurtunity to test something for myself. I call some Mercs and head to the TV. Focusing on him, I see he's now moved to the street and is using the Vacca as cover. The first jeep arrives, and he dispatches them with a well-thrown sticky bomb. But clearly, there's more on the way.

He dives back into his Vacca and guns it to the intersection. A jeep appears on his right, and his skids left with a blown tyre. Police sirens sound as he tosses a sticky bomb backwards (and misses). He careers through central Los Santos until he decides to lose the cops in a parking garage. Seemingly out of danger, he heads for the alleyway exit. But he's forced to dismount as another jeep rocks up. Again, he goes for the explosives - a grenade this time. Something goes awry though and instead of flying around the corner and expoloding, it merely drops to the floor.

Right next to his car.

He has just enough time to get clear before his Vacca is a burnt-out husk, He uses cover and dispatches my Mercs with ease. Stealing one of their jeeps, he's intercepted by another one before he gets out of the alleyway, one that shoots out his tyres. He's forced to abandon it and despite disastrous results from last time, he take cover behind his jeep and attempts to lob a grenade. It's a good throw, but one of the Mercs wings him and he dies.

He respawns. He steals a car and heads south. He's either picking up a replacement vehicle, or going for some better hardware. Either way, i've seen enough. I've got a story to write.

I leave the game and start writing. I look back at the PS3 screen - a new message, that simply reads "you are a bad sh*t house". Yep, totally deserved that one too.

I enjoyed that story. Well played lol.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Was doing Boneyard with a bunch of morons. (I.E. twelve year olds by the sound of their voices) 

QUICK QUESTION: Where do you bunker up in the Boneyard survival map?

In the barn, right? I mean, how does one not realize to bunker up in there? They didn't. Basically, they moronically stayed outside all the time and died almost each time. We never made it passed 5 because I died after they let people go passed them and towards me (IN THE FLIPPIN' BARN) and then the last guy froze up in his bucket and just sat there. GUESS WHAT? I had to quit because he just wouldn't do anything or leave. Fun times with twelve year olds >_>

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Was doing Boneyard with a bunch of morons. (I.E. twelve year olds by the sound of their voices) 

In the barn, right? I mean, how does one not realize to bunker up in there? They didn't. Basically, they moronically stayed outside all the time and died almost each time. We never made it passed 5 because I died after they let people go passed them and towards me (IN THE FLIPPIN' BARN) and then the last guy froze up in his bucket and just sat there. GUESS WHAT? I had to quit because he just wouldn't do anything or leave. Fun times with twelve year olds >_>

Did that with about four or five of us and it was brill. We reached level 9 and it was my biggest mission payout ever! I'm not brilliant, but played my part. One of the guys was a bit of a hero; looked like a rasta and was ALWAYS the LMS.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

There was some sort of redneck in my lobby singing "You got a problem? say dat den" over and over again even though no one else was talking. This went on for about 5 minutes, and he transitioned to "Smoking and riding".

At that point I left the session.

• Ermac. likes this

mealymouthmongolian
  • mealymouthmongolian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

So in the end he got his revenge and I got to survive my bounty. 

Great story, but how did you survive the bounty if he dropped a helicopter on you?

Because it took him so long to catch me that the bounty expired.

Digmyster69
  • Digmyster69

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Me and a few friends were riding bmx bikes on the pier and a guy in a cheetah hit one of my friends bike, he lifted up in the air and landed on the rollercoaster. It was so funny... :lol: below is the evidence

0_0.jpg

• OurJud and vanRooney30 like this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

Me and a few friends were riding bmx bikes on the pier and a guy in a cheetah hit one of my friends bike, he lifted up in the air and landed on the rollercoaster. It was so funny... :lol: below is the evidence

0_0.jpg

:D The camera option and ability to share images in this game was a stroke of genius by R*!

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by Hypertion, 30 October 2013 - 01:59 AM.

I posted this in another topic, but people were sadly terrified of reading and luckly a mod closed before anymore stupid people opened their mouth.

with luck it will not get the attention of those kind of idiots in a topic like this.

Trolling a Troll

Here is how the story goes.

Was in ammunation and i noticed a white dot come up outside. seconds later i hear 5 beeps indicating the presence of sticky bombs.

I think to myself "really?" as i am in passive mode. so i walk out and sure enough a neat line of stickys on the sidewalk explode harmlessly. there is a brief pause before the guy pops out of the cover of his car and starts shooting me.

I just laugh and walk over to a staircase before he gets the idea to get back in his car to try and run me over (still trying to kill me with bullets of course).

He finally gets in his car and tries to shoot me one more time before he flees because of the attention he has gotten from the cops... you might think that's the end.....

but its not.. a bit later the guy puts a 9k bounty on me... again i laugh and disable passive mode since it will be useless now. then i walk 2 blocks north to a theater while phoning a call to Pegasus for my tank. I decide to go to the country where it is easier to lose cops thanks to hills and such so i can fight to my hearts content.

on the highway i get a message that the same guy has sent Mercs after me now... well they appear and fruitlessly shoot at my tank for about a minute before rather amusingly running away and i climb a hill and call lamar.

The first mugger fails.. i think he was spawn camping a few other players at this point. in response to the mugger he sends more mercs who never show up because of where i am. i send another after him who succeeds for 64 or so $. at this point he has been trolling every other player on the session, in particular a level 17 (Mr Troll was 100+). He has been setting bounties left and right and obviously spawn camping them.

after a entire game day of me waiting for someone to come to me (and one more successful mugger) I figure that my bounty is soon going to pay to me and head back to the city. When i get there i go straight for a subway tunnel and back in with my tank and point the barrel to the entrance. He and one of the guys he was killing eventually drift nearby and the one lower lever manages to figure out im in the tunnel. The moment he turns the corner in his stolen car BOOM!

lol he re spawns above and tries again with another stolen vehicle (an ambulance of all things). He doesn't try it again and after killing and getting killed by mr troll again a few times he goes elsewhere. Mr troll however decides to start camping the entrance of the subway i used to enter. About this point i get a nice 9k payout into my bank and once again call lamar.

He at first trys to camp near the bend of the tunnel but eventually decides to wait above (likely with mines or such) at that point the mugger not only steals 1.9k but his personal car. He steals a nearby SUV and takes off after it (getting a NPC placed bounty of 1k in the process).

I Laugh out of the tunnel and park my tank in front of my Apartment.

I Only troll trolls like him, but admittedly i enjoy doing so.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

A good story and the guy got what he derserved, but I don't understand why that story would scare people. And what do you mean when you say that a mod luckily closed it before any more stupid people opened their mouth/ Opened their mouth about what?

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

When I had a one grand bounty on my head yesterday, I got chased by eight people in one of them big Ranger vehicles (two mounting on the sides), and then was sprayed at with missiles, by somebody in a fighter jet. Some people in this game are overly desperate to make money. Especially considering the low amount the bounty on my head gave.

LeTrund
  • LeTrund

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

When I had a one grand bounty on my head yesterday, I got chased by eight people in one of them big Ranger vehicles (two mounting on the sides), and then was sprayed at with missiles, by somebody in a fighter jet. Some people in this game are overly desperate to make money. Especially considering the low amount the bounty on my head gave.

Or they are just trying to have fun. I'll probably be hunting you down even with a $ 1000 bounty because that's what I like to do. Kill me once or twice though and I'll cut my losses.

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

with oakley oil rig sunglasses

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by bmwdriver, 30 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

I had plenty of fun yesterday.

I was at LSC, when someone with a Chrome Adder shows up. I gently kill him, and steal his car (the door wasn't locked!). 

I kept speeding and killing him all the time, he was level 70 something, but the dude just sucks at playing this game!

After trolling him, he put a $9k bounty on me.

I went to Trevors hangar after disappearing on the radar, and left his car there, all wrecked, then stole a stunt plane and left. I saw him pursuing me with a Buzzard, trying to shoot me down, but he missed all the shots!

I jumped from my plane and landed on one of the tallest buildings. In 5 mins there were 5 players looking for me near the building to get the bounty, and I sniped 2 of them.

The buzzard guy is coming in my direction, and I start shooting him with my sniper. Somehow I damaged his chopper, then he jumps off with his parachute! After that I sent a message to him like "u suck" "ur a pussy", and he doesn't answer. 

I get the parachute from the top of the building and jump off, in direction to my $391k apartment, as 5 players are trying to kill me!

I successfully reach my apartment, and got drunk!

What a day!!!

• AGiganticLlama likes this

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

The other day I got a 7k bounty on me, so I quickly chased to the Heli Tour area and climbed to the height cap.

Soon I'd see a swarm of dots on the radar looking for me all the way down at ground level not knowing where I was. I'd be laugh but moments later some kid would figure it out and start chasing me in a chopper, so I'd skydive and flown down to the subway station above ground and flee underground.

My crew had my back the whole time, and we drove off out of town and lost my bounty.
  • bmwdriver likes this

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

The other day I got a 7k bounty on me, so I quickly chased to the Heli Tour area and climbed to the height cap.

Soon I'd see a swarm of dots on the radar looking for me all the way down at ground level not knowing where I was. I'd be laugh but moments later some kid would figure it out and start chasing me in a chopper, so I'd skydive and flown down to the subway station above ground and flee underground.

My crew had my back the whole time, and we drove off out of town and lost my bounty.

That's the funny thing to do when you got a bounty on you!

demonjlh
  • demonjlh

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

read here: http://gtaforums.com...doing-it-wrong/

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by bmwdriver, 30 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

That's the Adder that I stole from the guy:

0_0.jpg

I wrecked it a lot more later.

This is my boat. Just chillin'

0_0.jpg

Purpville
  • Purpville

High&Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by Purpville, 30 October 2013 - 01:51 PM.

There are some very skilled players online.  Friends riding around killing everybody.  I love it because it makes me step up my game play.  Doesn't always turn out good for me but its still fun.

Last night I dropped off a car to Simeon & went back to my apt to grab a SUV I stored to sell.  Didn't know I was being set up.  As soon as I came out the garage with the SUV there was 2 players waiting.  They both opened fire!!!  I was like WTF!!!!  I spawned back & they were gone so I went to LSC & sold the SUV anyway. 

Now it was time for the Big Pay Back!  I tracked them down on my motorcycle & fired a couple shots to get them to chase me.  I knew they would try to run me off the road so I slowed down so they could catch up.  As soon as they got close I whipped the bike around.  They crashed into a building & I killed both of them.  Sweet revenge!!!   

Another lesson learned.  Almost anything is possible so think outside the box.  You are not safe anywhere in free roam.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by OurJud, 30 October 2013 - 04:15 PM.

0_0.jpg

Oh dear. You wrecked his car and parked it miles from where you stole it. He's going to have to do something really drastic and inconveinient, such as do a quick race mission and rejoin free roam before his car mechanic will spawn his brand new Adder right by his feet for him.

• vanRooney30 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Finished that horrible mission Landing Gear after waiting at the Sandy Shores Landing Strip for like 10 minutes, waiting for one of them to land the plane.  Spawned back in free roam and got on here, typing on my laptop when suddenly some low, pathetic person scopes me in the back of the head.  I decided to shrug it off, as I was about to join another mission anyway, when suddenly, I see him getting in the Luxor jet down the runway.  He began to head toward me, and angled the jet, trying to run me over.

Sticky bomb.

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by NuklerGhost101838, 30 October 2013 - 09:04 PM.

I have had many experiences in GTA:O, but I'll share a couple of them now that happened around the same time. Warning, this is going to be a large post.

The first incident occurred pretty early on in my GTA:O career. I had just gotten my first text from Simeon about delivering vehicles so naturally I had no idea of what usually happens around these things...

Anyways, I believe my first vehicle was the Landstalker (not positive, gotta try and remember later), so I take it to LSC after ditching the authorities, fix and respray it, then carefully drive the long distance to Simeon's garage, not paying a lick of attention to two blips around the area as I'm figuring they were out in boats or something. I drive into the garage area and me, being my initial naïve self, see the two just standing around the garage. I thought, Oh well, those guys are probably just chillin' or took a break. 

I drive up to the garage door and seconds later I am nothing but a mass of blood and gore as one of them empties a micro-SMG clip into my head before I can react. At this point I think WTF? and respawn nearby, where those two players are busy shooting it out with each other (neither of them taking the bloody car!). I get angry and pull out my shotgun and when one of them finally wastes the other blow the survivor into pieces with the trusty rat-food maker. I get in the still-vacant car and drive it in and collect my money, end up outside and Bang!! am instant luggage again as one of the same dudes (the one with the micro-SMG left) empties his shotgun into me. I respawn again, am doubly angry and in my rage pull out my nightstick and charge the guy. For some reason he pulls out his pistol and starts banging away. I am pleasantly surprised when all but one or two of his bullets miss me and before he can pull out another weapon or reload I beat the h*ll out of him and leave him in a bloody mess on the concrete. In a flash I jack a car and hightail it out of there, still wondering despite my anger what the h*ll happened.

My second incident happened four or five hours after that, when I am rapidly losing my naivety and becoming more GTA:O-wise. I happen to be driving around the Sandy Shores area when I hear over my headset that there's a group of guys that are going to be stealing some Lazers but are having a devil of a time organizing their merry band. At this point I think The more the merrier and take my Vapid Dominator cross-country, practically destroying the bloody thing, and eventually come up to their area (not saying a word the whole time in spite of my microphone).

They are taking off in Sandkings towards Fort Zancudo, somewhat more organized. I instantly abandon my severely damaged Dominator in favor of a jacked Sandking and speed off after them. I catch up to them as they have stopped along the way, due to one of their gang jumping out of the lead truck randomly, and they notice me back there. At this point they ask themselves over their microphones Who the f*ck is this guy? I turn my microphone off to keep my chuckles from being heard. After more bickering and talking, the jumper gets back in and they continue towards the fort, me bringing up the rear. Two of them keep talking about me as I am following them, but the "leader" decides that Well, he f*cking ain't shooting or anything, so whatever.

So here I am, mic turned off, following a bunch of dudes who keep talking into their mics. They head up the mountain by the fort, me right on their tails. After more trial and error and damaging Sandkings, we all get into position and make the jump into Fort Zancudo, me right behind them, low-level and all. They speed around the fort and get their Lazers, but me and a few others (including the "leader", though I was not aware of it at the time) are left on the ground. They know where they are going and escape the fort, but I am as lost as could be and am getting pulverized by the military, though not killed (yet). Finally I crash into the walls of the fort and find a box next to the wall. I abandon my stolen Sandking, leave the fort, and take off on foot (and am being watched by the others, though I am unaware of it at the time and am not paying attention to the voice chatter in my headset).

At this point I keep thinking holy sh*t! over and over as I run on my low stamina character. In a blind panic I run into the lake and start swimming to the other side. For some reason I am not killed by this idiotic action either as I frantically swim to the other side, despite choppers being above me and my low stamina. I make it to the other side, run up to the nearby road and BAM! am hit by a speeding cop car.

I respawn and notice that the "leader" of the group has sent me a friend request. At this point I find out that they had been watching my mad "escape" from the fort the whole time. I turn my mic and talk to them for a while, then join them on a few missions.

All of this happened in a relatively short time, and it was after the second major incident I looked at my character and said into the mic...

Welcome to GTA Online.

• K_Fish_13 likes this

ScSoup
  • ScSoup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Two stories, second better than the first:

So I've just left a lobby after 'Criminal Records', and I'm standing in the desert, alone, or so I thought; when I see a white blip moving in the distance - so I start taking pot-shots at this guy's car with my Sniper Rifle, just because. I take about three shots, and he probably didn't even notice, so the guy gets about .75 Miles away by GTA's scale, and I decide to take one last shot in hopes of actually hitting his vehicle... Headshot. Through the back left window of his Sports car, and into his skull. Oh, the laughs.

The next event occurred on Friday, October 25th, at about 6pm Pacific time. (Just in case you were there)...

I'm just bootin' around Downtown in my brand new Comet, when I spot TWO $9,000 bounties, right next to each other, about two blocks away from me.. simple right?

I speed around the corner to collect my cash and HOLLLLLYY FUUUUUUUUCCKK rings out through the house..

They were next to each other; alright, in TANKS. They both fire at me, and luckily I'm able to escape with my life before rounding up two buddies to steal a helicopter and grab three Razor's so we can defeat these guys when,... as we fly over Downtown we see a 3rd tank on the way, this guy kills both the other tanks and collects the cash just as we arrive at Zancudo.

Props to you, 3rd tank guy, hell of a job.

ScSoup
  • ScSoup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by ScSoup, 30 October 2013 - 09:01 PM.

DP

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Maxed out my Futo, went to LSC, sold it and somehow forget to pause and here I was standing on the street with no car.

Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Don't know if this is going to be as exciting as every one else's, but this is my little moment of awesomeness so far.

I just stole an SUV from the side of the road to sell, and get a random computer-generated bounty, but ignore it and start heading to the mod shop. I arrive just outside the place, and see a white blip heading towards me double-speed. At this point I think selling the SUV would bad idea because the guy would arrive before then and I'd lose some of the cash, and I'll probably need the cover anyway.

So I hide behind the car and the guy drives past, and I can only assume he assumed my car was a random parked one because he comes back round on foot this time and is pretty cautious about it. So I shoot him down, easy enough, and then think he'll probably be back after me when he respawns, so I get back in the car and drive off. Sure enough, he's behind me in a sports car and rams me until I spin out off the road. And by some small miracle arrive next to the tracks as a train goes past, so I grab on and take cover just as he catches up. He starts following the train in his car, and I end up in a gunfight with him about three times before I kill him again, but he respawns and follows me again. He respawns next to a road so he takes that path as the train goes through a tunnel, and then jumps back onto the track again and starts catching up.

I check the map and see another guy has started heading in my direction, but first guy is my priority now and he comes up alongside again and I get to shoot him down again, but when he respawns and starts after me again, but stays quite a distance back because he needs to get his car.

Unfortunately, having traveled halfway across the map, the train stops, and I see no option but to make the rest of the journey on foot, so I jump off a small bridge and dash through a small valley-type area, when the first guy catches up, and I have to shoot him down again and keep going.

By this point I'm out on the beach and both bounty hunters have pretty much caught up, and I figure there's only one way this is going to go, so decide to make a last stand where I am. At this point the second guy catches up, and we start a gunfight. Halfway through, the first guy appears out of nowhere and I only get a few shots into him before I'm taken out and he collects the $9000. I respawn up on side of the valley thing and get to watch the ensuing action between the bounty hunters, and after the second kills the first (just) and collects I assume around $1000, I decide not to push my luck any further and make a run for it.

Anyway, that's my story of my most awesome chain of events so far.

• Flicksy likes this

bmwdriver
  • bmwdriver

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

0_0.jpg

Oh dear. You wrecked his car and parked it miles from where you stole it. He's going to have to do something really drastic and inconveinient, such as do a quick race mission and rejoin free roam before his car mechanic will spawn his brand new Adder right by his feet for him.

Come on mate... don't be a dick...

The guy didn't leave the session. He pursued me as long as he could... not everyone is a pussy in this game like some people around here who would do this as you said....  :^:

• kilopm and Flicksy like this

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

I spent about a week trying to grind up enough money to buy an apartment. Then, a troll started shooting at me while in his personal vehicle. I obviously defended myself, to find that he stuck a bomb to his personal vehicle, and I had to pay EVERY, SINGLE, PENNY THAT I f*ckING OWNED ON HIS f*ckING INSURANCE BILL. Then I came on the forums to bitch about it. To be fair, it's a pretty fair thing to bitch about. a week's worth of work down the drain because GTA Online is so incredibly trollable. I'm just gonna take a break from GTA Online for a while, come back when the stimulus package hits so I can have money.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users