Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bad sport for destroying player cars should stop.

114 replies to this topic
Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

I don't give a sh*t about Bad Sport. The dunce cap let's people know I'm a bad motherf*cker.

Yea, it wouldn't bother me if I got it. But to take money or not allow me to play with crew members that are not "Bad Sports". That's what keeps me from doing things that would get me labeled that.

Which means it's working as intended, To stop douches like you from running around constantly blowing up player vehicles. Bad sport system is fine, Only people i hear complaining about it are failed griefers.

I've seen people purposefully use next to destroyed cars to grief people, run into tanks at full speed, as well as pour gasoline on their windshield and grief people.

But of course, the people who defend themselves are the griefers according to people like you. And people like you have this mentality that everyone in a tank is a griefer. Am I right?

Lol @ griefing glitchers in tanks, Of course everyone in a tank is a griefer. I sent a guy in a tank to bad sport by driving my van up to him and honking my horn, He would blow it up then I would go get it from the insurance and do it again, I bet he is ITT complaining about the "broken system". Noone forces you to blow up multiple player vehicles in a short space of time. "Griefers in destroyed cars covered in gasoline"... Lvl 72 here and i have yet to see this happen but I would probably just laugh at them, Your response would probably be to blow them up then go on the forum to complain about the bad sport warnings you get.

Slam48
  • Slam48

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

HAHAHA  its easy for them to tell us we are griefers for defending ourselves because it hasn't happened to them yet.  They will learn when the real griefers get them stuck in dunce land that we were right all along.  Too bad they are far too dense to listen to reason.  In their mind its defending yourself = griefer, Kid running you over with car = angel.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

HAHAHA  its easy for them to tell us we are griefers for defending ourselves because it hasn't happened to them yet.  They will learn when the real griefers get them stuck in dunce land that we were right all along.  Too bad they are far too dense to listen to reason.  In their mind its defending yourself = griefer, Kid running you over with car = angel.

Well learn to shoot instead of throwing around sticky bombs and grenades. Also you can blow up a few cars, You can defend yourself. The only reason you get sent to bad sport lobby is if you blow up an excessive amount in a short space of time. You don't get sent there for blowing up one car to save yourself from griefers so stop lying and take some responsibilty.

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I don't give a sh*t about Bad Sport. The dunce cap let's people know I'm a bad motherf*cker.

Yea, it wouldn't bother me if I got it. But to take money or not allow me to play with crew members that are not "Bad Sports". That's what keeps me from doing things that would get me labeled that.

Which means it's working as intended, To stop douches like you from running around constantly blowing up player vehicles. Bad sport system is fine, Only people i hear complaining about it are failed griefers.

I've seen people purposefully use next to destroyed cars to grief people, run into tanks at full speed, as well as pour gasoline on their windshield and grief people.

But of course, the people who defend themselves are the griefers according to people like you. And people like you have this mentality that everyone in a tank is a griefer. Am I right?

Lol @ griefing glitchers in tanks, Of course everyone in a tank is a griefer. I sent a guy in a tank to bad sport by driving my van up to him and honking my horn, He would blow it up then I would go get it from the insurance and do it again, I bet he is ITT complaining about the "broken system". Noone forces you to blow up multiple player vehicles in a short space of time. "Griefers in destroyed cars covered in gasoline"... Lvl 72 here and i have yet to see this happen but I would probably just laugh at them, Your response would probably be to blow them up then go on the forum to complain about the bad sport warnings you get.

See, this is the fallacy behind you idiots. You think that if you grief people in your gasoline coated cars and shoot at them, then they shouldn't shoot back.

What you don't realize, is that everyone but your idiotic self knows that you know they will shoot back and will get bad sport for blowing up your gasoline coated cars.

Why are people griefers for defending themselves?

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

this game should be blowing up cars for maybe five hours straight

then i will be happy

Slam48
  • Slam48

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

They think they are higher beings then us for not getting a dunce cap yet.  Notice how they talk down to us like we dont know how we got badsport?  We know full well how we got bad sport, its them who do not know.  1 by 1 they will get put in dunce land and when their day comes I wont tell them I told them so, they will know full well how ignorant they were being.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

See, this is the fallacy behind you idiots. You think that if you grief people in your gasoline coated cars and shoot at them, then they shouldn't shoot back.

What you don't realize, is that everyone but your idiotic self knows that you know they will shoot back and will get bad sport for blowing up your gasoline coated cars.

Why are people griefers for defending themselves?

The only idiot here is you, Being trolled by people in destroyed gasoline covered cars and then dumb enough to shoot and blow it up? Lmao you deserve the retarded sport warning.

xlightscreen
  • xlightscreen

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Its called, learn to kill people with guns, not stickies. I gotten gotten pretty good at making "clean bounties" with a sniper rifle several blocks away.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

It's really your own fault OP.

There's smarter ways and more fun too, to take out bounties.

Give Lester a call, have him take you off the radar. Walk around like a normal civilian and blam!

That's how you whack someone.

The bounty is on the players head, not his vehicle. It's already made easy for you with auto-aim, the use of a jet for a bounty that earns you 9k max is overkill anyway.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

I call this the $1188 insurance policy.

33cvqts.jpg

MVP2585
  • MVP2585

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

I got kind of annoyed earlier because I was being chased and shot at by some guy, so I tossed out some sticky bombs and blew up his car.  Next thing I know I am getting charged 10,000 to replace his f*cking ride?  He was shooting me...the second he engaged me all bets are off and he is toast.  I shouldn't have to replace his stupid ride just because he decided to attack me.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

Stop blowing people. This isn't naughty america.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

kill more efficiently then. quit using the jet to get easy kills on ppl then

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I agree. As long as I pay for their vehicle, I should not be further disciplined. I'd rather have a guy get bad sport for spawn killing me 12 times in a row than for blowing up my $400 car that he paid for. I also think that you should be charged a delivery fee so that the car is repaired and readily available nearby for the victim.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Agreed considering every try hard is using cars like the vacca or infernus to reverse shoot people. Ironic thing is whenever i blow them up and they respawn, they run away. So pathetic.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Stop blowing people. This isn't naughty america.

Erm, it kinda is actually, even if R* don't want it to be.

Ok if they have to have a BS system in place, make it something like this: If you as much as draw a weapon or have a bounty on you, anyone else in that lobby can do whatever they like to you without getting labelled. That includes holding up stores btw, there shouldn't be a distinction between killing NPCs and players, you can't go around killing store clerks and cops, and then whine if someone blows you up sitting in your car. That way, if you're just minding your own business, shopping, modding whatever, and someone kills you or wrecks your car they'll get labelled, but if someone attacks you or you're after a bounty, you can go nuts and do whatever you like. Change aggressive and non aggressive players blip colours to identify who you can go after, might go some way to alleviating the problem.

Batallions
  • Batallions

God

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yes it does need to be fixed. Was shooting at Merryweather in a mission trying to get the Mesa (that R* sh*tty car system replaced) and I was in another players vehicle, and we were shooting at the mesa and it blew up, blowing up our car. thus giving me bad sport..

sh*tty system. I understand if someone is blowing up everyones car, but a few times, which most are accidents. ridiculous. 

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by creaper210, 22 October 2013 - 11:08 AM.

I'm with you, man.

I never gotten into bad sport until I was level 102, and there was nothing I could do about it. I've gotten a tank before, and I went on to destroy an army of cops. But then comes some guy to drive into me, and because I'm in a tank, the game says I'm the one who killed him and makes me a bad sport.

Or the couple times that I've just chased a guy trying to kill him with my actual guns, using only bullet weapons, and his vehicle just happens to blow up. Because some ignorant people on this thread don't realize that vehicles CAN indeed blown up, if it takes enough damage, even from bullets. It's even worse when someone already had a largely damaged car, and you just happen to shoot it last and only really deal 1% damage to it. But of course, you're the one who gets labeled as a bad sport. Not the guy who tried to kill you. Not the guys who spawnkill. Not the guys who constantly harass us in the many ways that GTA5 allows. No, it's those of us who happen to destroy a vehicle.

People who are defending this system either just get horribly lucky, or don't play free roam enough to realize the problems with it. It is very flawed. And from my experience, while it indeed DOES punish a small amount of griefers, it also punished some of us who are only defending ourselves, using any weapons we have at our disposal. Or in some cases, get it completely undeserving at all without even meaning to kill people(the tank thing I mentioned above).

And I think that any naive people defending this should look at it from every point of view before blindly defending it. Because whether you like the system or not, it's not very hard to see the problems with it.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:23 AM Edited by buddybravo, 22 October 2013 - 07:24 AM.

You should be able to blow up player-owned vehicles only if you can pay the insurance, otherwise it should count as an act of a bad sport.

I agree with this. 

I don't.  they should make a kiddie pool for those of you that are afraid of losing your car.  don't punish me because i blew up your car for a bounty.  i'm just playing the game.  make a server where player cars are invincible don't punish the rest of us for playing the game.  

Why would they make a kiddie pool when they already have Dunce cap to seperate the morons? There's already a system in place to seperate you from the players that aren't ass-clowns, enjoy it.

Shadiochao
  • Shadiochao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

It is quite silly, and it feels like it's been tacked on at the last minute. There's no reason for both a bad sport point and paying for their insurance to happen. It should be one or the other.

There's really no downside to having your vehicle destroyed anyway. The destroyer has to pay for it, the vehicle is moved but can be called back by the mechanic and any damage will have been fixed for no extra cost. Certainly nothing worth dealing out multiple punishments for. Being killed is actually more inconvenient and doesn't add any bad sport points.

So far the most I've been charged for insurance is $3000. If I keep that up, all my money could potentially be gone in no time. That should be my choice to make, though.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

When you blow up a row of cars you get multiple notifications at once. I wasn't impressed when I saw 1k gone, 1k gone, 1k gone 2k gone fly by on my screen when it happened to me.

I've played some more last night, and I still use the jet to hunt bounties. To the naysayers, I like it because it allows me to travel from area to area quickly so I can nab the bounties before someone else does. And to those saying use a sniper rifle (lol right...) I doubt you've ever caught a bounty with a sniper rifle and if we were both in a lobby you'd probably never get one since I'd be getting them before you.

Acediazz
  • Acediazz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

they will NEVER change the bad sport for this reason OP so give it a break

theres a good reason why the attack heli and the chopper dont auto lock on player cars .. because its stupid to consider a jet vs a car a fair fight

so you are asking not only to have the fight in YOUR advantage but to do it with impunity? how much of a loser are you? scared to fight on even terms?

Maybe I am! Maybe the direct frontal assault isn't my thing. Maybe I like bringing Armageddon to your doorstep?

That isn't the point though, my point is simply that people are setting up situations where multiple cars are being blown up intentionally to give other players bad rep who are otherwise good players. I don't sit there griefing someone over and over again, I'm not intentionally trying to blow up their rides. Quite the opposite, they intentionally setup a situation where I would blow up their rides to abuse a system and that's what I'm talking about. 

All this crap about how it's my fault for using a jet is BS, it's a weapon in the game I'm allowed to use. Deal with it.

I can understand accidentally blowing up a vehicle I didn't intend to blow up. What I don't think is fair is taking advantage of the penalty when this happens and parking a bunch of vehicles together in the hopes that you'll ruin someones ability to play online.

just play in bad sport lobbies and use the jet to your hearts content

reaper2096
  • reaper2096

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

I got kind of annoyed earlier because I was being chased and shot at by some guy, so I tossed out some sticky bombs and blew up his car.  Next thing I know I am getting charged 10,000 to replace his f*cking ride?  He was shooting me...the second he engaged me all bets are off and he is toast.  I shouldn't have to replace his stupid ride just because he decided to attack me.

totally agree with you dude, happened to me the other day, wee prick chasing me, managed to kill me a few times with his mg, threw a grenade and caught his collectors edition ride and next thing im hit with an $18k bill. fu*king bullsh*t, 

also removing bad sport for blowing up your friends/crew members cars would be better as with the missions being somewhat pointless now, sneaking up to my mates car while he's in a shop and planting a sticky and hiding round the corner giggling away is pretty much all i have left now, 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 23 October 2013 - 01:10 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...sport-warnings/

Our beloved OP is a lying wee prick...

• reaper2096 likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

bad sports for blowing up cars is f*cking stupid and any1 defending it is by definition f*cking stupid as well.

you can do everything to ruin some1's experience without any reprecussions

randomly killing people, nothing happens, spawn killing, nothing happens

you could literally do it all day and get away with it

but don't dare to blow up 3 cars because you'll wind up in bad sports wearing a nice little dunce hat.

never mind the fact there's plenty of incentives for car combat in free roam not to mention the random griefers trying to make your life miserable

it's f*cking stupid and needs to go

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users