Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bad sport for destroying player cars should stop.

114 replies to this topic
IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Players should get Bad Sport for randomly destroying other players' vehicles, simply to keep the amount of chaos down. We should NOT, however, get Bad Sport for sticky bombing a player who attacks you while driving, nor should we get it for blowing up a player in his car to collect a bounty. Rockstar has a nice concept with the Bad Sport system (and after RDR's free roam, it is welcomed), but they need badly to fix it.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

What bugs me the most about your replies btw aren't your suggestions, it's your complete apathy towards recognizing that they're the ones abusing the rules. You'd rather I handicap my game in their benefit than having the bad rep issue fixed which leads me to believe you probably abuse the rules whenever you can in the game.

Let`s leave the assumptions out of this, because you are wrong.

About your point: blowing up personal cars is, for some reason, crucial to Bad Sport rating. I don`t know Rockstar reasoning, but there has to be one. It also is looking like it won`t change, seeing how we are up to patch 1.04 already and nothing was done. 

It opens up creative thinking, which can be fallen for or not. So, it is entirely YOUR fault for shooting anything else apart from your bounty target - be it sh*t aim or wrong choice of weapon. The problem is not what your target is doing.. it is what YOU are doing. 

asetofgenes
  • asetofgenes

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

There is nothings else to be a bad sport for... the quitting sessions early warnings are bs.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

What bugs me the most about your replies btw aren't your suggestions, it's your complete apathy towards recognizing that they're the ones abusing the rules. You'd rather I handicap my game in their benefit than having the bad rep issue fixed which leads me to believe you probably abuse the rules whenever you can in the game.

Let`s leave the assumptions out of this, because you are wrong.

About your point: blowing up personal cars is, for some reason, crucial to Bad Sport rating. I don`t know Rockstar reasoning, but there has to be one. It also is looking like it won`t change, seeing how we are up to patch 1.04 already and nothing was done. 

It opens up creative thinking, which can be fallen for or not. So, it is entirely YOUR fault for shooting anything else apart from your bounty target - be it sh*t aim or wrong choice of weapon. The problem is not what your target is doing.. it is what YOU are doing. 

Right, so they can abuse the rules and I HAVE to pay for it. Gotcha, great advice.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Right, so they can abuse the rules and I HAVE to pay for it. Gotcha, great advice.

My original advice was to use a sniper rifle.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm 100% sure that Rockstar is going to remove the personal vehicle punishment regarding Bad Sport, while leaving the insurance payment punishment intact. This has been the community consensus all along, and Rockstar made a statement three days ago saying they were considering changes to the Bad Sport system. Obvious outcome is obvious.

Jetpack5000
  • Jetpack5000

I GOT IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

There's too many ways to abuse this and make players who are otherwise good sports into bad sports.

I like flying around in the jet fighter and picking off players who get bounties on their heads. I don't feel like I'm being a bad sport in doing this, it's tough to get the jet and when I get one I'd like to have some fun with it. 

I've come across several instances now where the players hide near other players cars. I had one guy hide near multiple cars that were player cars and I unknowingly blew them all up while trying to hit the guy with a bounty. I don't know exactly how many  but I think there were like 5 cars that I blew up and got penalized for which sucks. Recovering the bounty didn't even pay off the vehicles that were destroyed. It's too easy to abuse.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

i dont see the problem here? its workng perfectly, you should not ahve a free pass to blow the sh*t out of ppl without consequences.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Just FYI, it's pretty easy to pick people off in their cars without destroying them, even in free aim. Maybe if you stopped being bad you could do that too instead of the neanderthal blowing up of everything around you

Yeah I'd like to see you pick someone off in a car with a fighter jet without destroying the car. never gonna happen.

You can't use the wrong tool for the job and complain about the consequences.

That's like me saying, "Guys I'm going to kill some squirrels but I'm going to take my .50 caliber machine gun." and then complaining that there's no squirrel left.

Your simple solution is to NOT use a jet. It's not for going around killing bounties on the ground. You complain you can't use your jet because you'll get bad sport, well good! Because that's the only thing stopping people from killing everyone in jet's because the ONLY way to take a jet down is with: a) another jet or b) an attach chopper.

WhutsAGamertag
  • WhutsAGamertag

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

surprising there is still something to say about this.

it proofs the minimum IQ one needs to hold the controller and that's about it

DON'T BLOW UP CARS PERIOD

• smil0 likes this

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I kinda understand what you are saying. For me what really bugs me is when someone sits in their car and spawn kills you by shooting and running you over. Its a lot harder to shoot the person than to just sticky them. I'm still in good standing though. But I can understand extending the amount of times needed to blow up a car in order to be placed in bad sport... As long as my insurance premium is still payed by someone else

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

be more carefull and dont blow up other peoples cars.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Are you for real?  How often do 5 players band together to protect someone, that has a bounty, by placing their personal vehicles as a shelter around them?

• GeneralMukMuk likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Your simple solution is to NOT use a jet. It's not for going around killing bounties on the ground. You complain you can't use your jet because you'll get bad sport, well good! Because that's the only thing stopping people from killing everyone in jet's because the ONLY way to take a jet down is with: a) another jet or b) an attach chopper.

Ya, then it turns into GTA 4 online.  Where free roam always turned into Attack Choppers Vs Attack Choppers.. Or running away from Attack Choppers all the time.

The Bad Sport System works great for keeping annoying noobs in check.  If you really want to blow up a car save it for when you need it.  Its not like this game gives you bad sport if you blow up personal cars periodically.

Hortey
  • Hortey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Nuking the bounty from space is not sporting.  It's not tense for the person, and it's not hard for you in the air with lock on AtG missiles.  I actually think that a bounty in his personal vehicle should not count toward bad sport and not only that but they need to do something for players that hide out the bounty in their apartment or switch to a closed lobby.  The guy that put the bounty on them should recieve a refund if the player abuses the game to avoid players.

That or implement a raid system on apartments :)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nuking the bounty from space is not sporting.  It's not tense for the person, and it's not hard for you in the air with lock on AtG missiles.  I actually think that a bounty in his personal vehicle should not count toward bad sport and not only that but they need to do something for players that hide out the bounty in their apartment or switch to a closed lobby.  The guy that put the bounty on them should recieve a refund if the player abuses the game to avoid players.

That or implement a raid system on apartments :)

you can't lock on a players car with a jet, or a player for that matter. You have to kill them with either a well placed missile or with the machine gun which I find both extremely difficult. I often crash my jet trying to do this so I don't feel like killing someone with a jet is easy.

Not only is it difficult to do it when you have it, getting one is also difficult. So what you're saying isn't quite true, a lot of work is involved in getting the jet and it shouldn't be so useless when you get it.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Are you for real?  How often do 5 players band together to protect someone, that has a bounty, by placing their personal vehicles as a shelter around them?

I wouldn't of thought about it if it hadn't happened to me... Mind you it could have been 1 user placing several vehicles they own in the same spot? I'm not sure how many of your own insured vehicles you can have out at once?

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

they will NEVER change the bad sport for this reason OP so give it a break

theres a good reason why the attack heli and the chopper dont auto lock on player cars .. because its stupid to consider a jet vs a car a fair fight

so you are asking not only to have the fight in YOUR advantage but to do it with impunity? how much of a loser are you? scared to fight on even terms?

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

There's a really simple solution, you know, if you want to avoid bad sport due to destroying personal vehicles:

Don't do it.

Killed plenty of people in cars.  Only once (the first time) did I do it by exploding the vehicle.

But it's hilarious how everybody always has an excuse with lots of bogus justification.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

So if me and some friends setup a car to explode in 1 shot then I get a bounty on myself and wait for you to chase me where i'm hiding behind the car and then all my friends park their cars next to mine and you accidentally blow it up, thus blowing up the other 6 cars my friends parked next to it, on purpose so this exact thing would happen, you think it's completely fair for you to be labeled a bad sport? I don't think so. I think you're in denial that there's actually a way to abuse the system.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

they will NEVER change the bad sport for this reason OP so give it a break

theres a good reason why the attack heli and the chopper dont auto lock on player cars .. because its stupid to consider a jet vs a car a fair fight

so you are asking not only to have the fight in YOUR advantage but to do it with impunity? how much of a loser are you? scared to fight on even terms?

Maybe I am! Maybe the direct frontal assault isn't my thing. Maybe I like bringing Armageddon to your doorstep?

That isn't the point though, my point is simply that people are setting up situations where multiple cars are being blown up intentionally to give other players bad rep who are otherwise good players. I don't sit there griefing someone over and over again, I'm not intentionally trying to blow up their rides. Quite the opposite, they intentionally setup a situation where I would blow up their rides to abuse a system and that's what I'm talking about. 

All this crap about how it's my fault for using a jet is BS, it's a weapon in the game I'm allowed to use. Deal with it.

I can understand accidentally blowing up a vehicle I didn't intend to blow up. What I don't think is fair is taking advantage of the penalty when this happens and parking a bunch of vehicles together in the hopes that you'll ruin someones ability to play online.

kWkarl
  • kWkarl

Need More Brawndo

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

This game was built on the idea of being a criminal. The online world should be full of chaos!!! So they shouldn't punish a player for destroying a players car, that's why they have invite only sessions. 

Having said that, there shouldn't be a big penalty for dying either. and that would make the only real cost is ammo and car repair, which lets be honest, it isn't very high.

• Kracus likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Not just that but it also contradicts the way the game is played in every other version of the game. Stealing cars and destroying them is about as GTA as it gets... I feel like if you can't keep me from doing it then it's your problem.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hype and hope are two very dangerous things. You see, kWkarl, should doesn`t always mean would or is.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

This game was built on the idea of being a criminal. The online world should be full of chaos!!! 

Criminal/crime != chaotic/chaos.  

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

You can blow up as many personal vehicles you want as long as you have enough money to pay for their insurance, if you're poor and cant afford to pay out then eventually you will be labeled as a bad sport.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I don't give a sh*t about Bad Sport. The dunce cap let's people know I'm a bad motherf*cker.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 05:42 PM.

You can blow up as many personal vehicles you want as long as you have enough money to pay for their insurance, if you're poor and cant afford to pay out then eventually you will be labeled as a bad sport.

So is THIS the key? As long as you are paying out of your own pocket it makes no difference?! 

I would LOVE to use this as argument against the hordes of "But but but... it was an accident! All 50 of them!!!" players.

kWkarl
  • kWkarl

Need More Brawndo

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't give a sh*t about Bad Sport. The dunce cap let's people know I'm a bad motherf*cker.

Yea, it wouldn't bother me if I got it. But to take money or not allow me to play with crew members that are not "Bad Sports". That's what keeps me from doing things that would get me labeled that.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by egoloss, 21 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

The bad sport should have just never existed. It was a nice try by RS, but was not wanted, needed or expected by most it seems.Paying their insurance each time should have been quite enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users