Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bad sport for destroying player cars should stop.

114 replies to this topic
Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by Kracus, 21 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

There's too many ways to abuse this and make players who are otherwise good sports into bad sports.

I like flying around in the jet fighter and picking off players who get bounties on their heads. I don't feel like I'm being a bad sport in doing this, it's tough to get the jet and when I get one I'd like to have some fun with it. 

I've come across several instances now where the players hide near other players cars. I had one guy hide near multiple cars that were player cars and I unknowingly blew them all up while trying to hit the guy with a bounty. I don't know exactly how many  but I think there were like 5 cars that I blew up and got penalized for which sucks. Recovering the bounty didn't even pay off the vehicles that were destroyed. It's too easy to abuse.

• Hotaruw likes this

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Also think it is BS that when a player is killing you from inside his car, over and over, you get a bad sport warning when you kill him and, in turn, blow his car.

BoldCityDigital
  • BoldCityDigital

Covetous Leader

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well then stop blowing people up.  Go in to Deathmatch for that ish.

Bounties are another story.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Well then stop blowing people up.  Go in to Deathmatch for that ish.

Bounties are another story.

Well did you read my post? I was hunting down a bounty who decided to hide next to a stash of 5 player cars.

• Hotaruw likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

There's too many ways to abuse this and make players who are otherwise good sports into bad sports.

I like flying around in the jet fighter and picking off players who get bounties on their heads. I don't feel like I'm being a bad sport in doing this, it's tough to get the jet and when I get one I'd like to have some fun with it. 

I've come across several instances now where the players hide near other players cars. I had one guy hide near multiple cars that were player cars and I unknowingly blew them all up while trying to hit the guy with a bounty. I don't know exactly how many  but I think there were like 5 cars that I blew up and got penalized for which sucks. Recovering the bounty didn't even pay off the vehicles that were destroyed. It's too easy to abuse.

Maybe using a sniper rifle would help.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Completely defeats the purpose of getting a jet to do the job...

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

It does offer you a choice: clinical shot and no collateral damage, or carpet bombing and possible bad sport.

Make your choice and live with it, don`t come in here and complain that your choice was the wrong one.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

It does offer you a choice: clinical shot and no collateral damage, or carpet bombing and possible bad sport.

Make your choice and live with it, don`t come in here and complain that your choice was the wrong one.

Fair enough, however I feel like it's too easily abused to label someone as a bad sport. All it takes is a few griefers to get together anytime someone with real firepower shows up and they just need to stack their cars close to each other to affect someone elses bankroll fairly seriously. I don't feel like you should be able to take advantage of having a bounty on your head to cause financial grief to someone who's hunting you to collect the bounty.

A: you got the bounty because you probably griefed someone to begin with, and then you're further using that red dot to further grief the person looking to put you in your place. Plus, you get free car repairs out of the deal as the griefer!

It's like the insception of griefing.

What you're suggesting is well don't use this the totally awesome war vehicle the dev's put in the game. o_0

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

You should be able to blow up player-owned vehicles only if you can pay the insurance, otherwise it should count as an act of a bad sport.

• GodlessLiberal83 likes this

deltaechoe
  • deltaechoe

A Dopedfish

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just FYI, it's pretty easy to pick people off in their cars without destroying them, even in free aim. Maybe if you stopped being bad you could do that too instead of the neanderthal blowing up of everything around you

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

lol @ " i accidently blew up 5 player vehicles because i was trying to get a bounty"
  • chuckberry04 likes this

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

the issue here isn't that you get bad sport for blowing up cars. It's that its way too EASY. A player could easily get you bad sport by driving away in a beat up car that you shoot at and blows up in a matter of hits getting you bad sport while he gets good sport.
It's ridiculous and the system needs revising. specially if someone gets killed by a griefer, only to fight back to get bad sport.
You also get bad sport for the game forcing you to quit missions.

• Smokeout Slawth likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 21 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.

What you're suggesting is well don't use this the totally awesome war vehicle the dev's put in the game. o_0

No, I don`t. You can! It`s just you`re likely to be put in lobbies with like-minded players. Not a bad thing for you.

Also, there is one more bounty situation - an asshole with too much money that decided to put random bounties on the grounds of "why the hell not".

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

You should be able to blow up player-owned vehicles only if you can pay the insurance, otherwise it should count as an act of a bad sport.

Good idea! maybe give that player the choice? if they say no, they get a "bad sport" percentage? that could work.
although this will need to be revised also, as important choices seem to auto decline if you're killed or distracted by something. I.E if you get a phone call from someone and get killed or enter a building that call auto declines so you dont get it for another few hours. I can see this same problem arising with this. (if it was a choice)

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Fair enough, however I feel like it's too easily abused to label someone as a bad sport. All it takes is a few griefers to get together anytime someone with real firepower shows up and they just need to stack their cars close to each other to affect someone elses bankroll fairly seriously. I don't feel like you should be able to take advantage of having a bounty on your head to cause financial grief to someone who's hunting you to collect the bounty.

A: you got the bounty because you probably griefed someone to begin with, and then you're further using that red dot to further grief the person looking to put you in your place. Plus, you get free car repairs out of the deal as the griefer!

No, you can use the jet. Just use it for what it's intended for, like destroying tanks, helicopters, and other jets. I agree with using precision while taking out a bounty. It makes you an authentic bounty hunter! People generally don't get bounties because they're griefing. I've had multiple bounties placed on me for stealing cars from NPCs.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Just FYI, it's pretty easy to pick people off in their cars without destroying them, even in free aim. Maybe if you stopped being bad you could do that too instead of the neanderthal blowing up of everything around you

Yeah I'd like to see you pick someone off in a car with a fighter jet without destroying the car. never gonna happen.

Hawk Tartaros
  • Hawk Tartaros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know exactly how many cars you can blow up untill you get into the bad sport server?

Is it in based on one game or on a time period?

Bad sport is as bad as passive mode.

There was this one guy who i met about 10 minutes ago. he blows peoples cars up and than starts camping on the spot where you can get your car back from insurance.

He also had a lot of lagg so he was hard to kill when inside of his car wich was all over the place.

It was a small muscle car with a engine out of the hood. 

They should change where your car spawns when you call the insurance, the car should just be delivered to you instead of getting it yourself.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Does anyone know exactly how many cars you can blow up untill you get into the bad sport server?

There was this one guy who i met about 10 minutes ago. he blows peoples cars up and than starts camping on the spot where you can get your car back from insurance.

He also had a lot of lagg so he was hard to kill when inside of his car wich was all over the place.

They should change where your car spawns when you call the insurance, the car should just be delivered to you instead of getting it yourself.

that guy realizes you can call a mechanic to deliver that vehicle too you from the insurance place right? sounds like a dumbass.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

3 for first, I think. There was a thread somewhere about the first AND extensions but I can`t remember where I saw it. Also, the number is based on a loose memory.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

While you got unlucky there for sure with the personal vehicles being so close, perhaps when you're huntng bounties try to use a bullet to claim them, rather than using a jet and ASM missiles to rain down explosions across the land :)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

No, you can use the jet. Just use it for what it's intended for, like destroying tanks, helicopters, and other jets. I agree with using precision while taking out a bounty. It makes you an authentic bounty hunter! People generally don't get bounties because they're griefing. I've had multiple bounties placed on me for stealing cars from NPCs.

I don't think that's very realistic. You can't expect a sniper to just sit somewhere waiting for someone to drive by with a bounty so they can be sniped. There's too many factors that need to be met for that scenario to play out like you're saying. I'd say 95% of the time, you'll be chasing them in a vehicle shooting up their vehicle while trying to shoot them. Sometimes that works, but you still have the problem of traveling to their location which is also a pain in the ass since you can't put a marker on a moving target.

I feel that jets are difficult enough to obtain that you should be allowed to use them if you can get one. It's a weapon and I agree that collateral damage is possible but whats happening is people are purposefully parking a lot of vehicles at the same place to grief a seriously armed bounty hunter. That's abusing the game rules in my opinion and I don't feel like it should make  me a bad sport for wrecking the vehicles of people who ACTUALLY are bad sports by doing this. you get me? My actions were accidental, I didn't mean to blow up those vehicles but they meant for me to get penalized for blowing them up. It's completely the opposite of what rockstar intended with the bad player thing.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

If you are too lazy to read through the entire thread, I assume it's basically this.

Don't do explosives, kids.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I don't think that's very realistic. You can't expect a sniper to just sit somewhere waiting for someone to drive by with a bounty so they can be sniped. There's too many factors that need to be met for that scenario to play out like you're saying. I'd say 95% of the time, you'll be chasing them in a vehicle shooting up their vehicle while trying to shoot them. Sometimes that works, but you still have the problem of traveling to their location which is also a pain in the ass since you can't put a marker on a moving target.

I feel that jets are difficult enough to obtain that you should be allowed to use them if you can get one. It's a weapon and I agree that collateral damage is possible but whats happening is people are purposefully parking a lot of vehicles at the same place to grief a seriously armed bounty hunter. That's abusing the game rules in my opinion and I don't feel like it should make  me a bad sport for wrecking the vehicles of people who ACTUALLY are bad sports by doing this. you get me? My actions were accidental, I didn't mean to blow up those vehicles but they meant for me to get penalized for blowing them up. It's completely the opposite of what rockstar intended with the bad player thing.

You STILL have the choice of a clean shot from a sniper rifle, you know that, right?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

While you got unlucky there for sure with the personal vehicles being so close, perhaps when you're huntng bounties try to use a bullet to claim them, rather than using a jet and ASM missiles to rain down explosions across the land :)

Cmon, tell me the idea of raining hellfire from above to claim a bounty doesn't appeal to you in some way?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Cmon, tell me the idea of raining hellfire from above to claim a bounty doesn't appeal to you in some way?

Irrelevant question.

The relevant question is: Am I prepared to face the consequences or not?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

You STILL have the choice of a clean shot from a sniper rifle, you know that, right?

Your solution is to not use the jet, which is what I like using.

I get it that I might blow up player vehicles and be penalized for it if I choose to use one. That's fine.

The problem I'm talking about is when a bunch of players all park at the same place just to cause grief to someone like myself. Do you get it that they're the ones abusing the system here? I'm playing the game by the rules and they're abusing the rules to get back at me and that's the problem I'm talking about. Forget about sniping because I'm not interested.

I'm not opposed to being labeled a bad sport if I am indeed being a bad sport but I don't feel like I am. I feel like I should be allowed to use the weapon I choose and if I accidentally blow up a vehicle I didn't intend to so be it, sh*t happens my bad.

However, if my and my friends decide it'd be funny to park a dozen purchased cars then grief other players to get a bounty and run back to this spot just so whoever comes looking for us has to pay massive insurance fee's and potentially be banned from playing with his friends then that's really being a bad sport.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

So you`d rather shake your fist at the sky, rather than do something about it.

Things are how they are. Find a workaround or don`t kill and/or attempt to kill said player to begin with. It`s not like you`re blind and can`t see what he`s trying to do.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

I am actually, I couldn't see the cars from where I was shooting at. It really just looked like a road to me from so high up there. I just strafed in front of Trevors trailer and next thing I knew I saw a bunch of explosions followed by a bunch of notifications that I was being a bad sport for blowing up player vehicles.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Next time be more careful.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

What bugs me the most about your replies btw aren't your suggestions, it's your complete apathy towards recognizing that they're the ones abusing the rules. You'd rather I handicap my game in their benefit than having the bad rep issue fixed which leads me to believe you probably abuse the rules whenever you can in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users