Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think GTAV is the game of the year?

26 replies to this topic
TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Do you think it's the game of the year? if you don't think it is then explain why and what is the best game then? for me i still think it's not as good as GTA San Andreas. Yes GTA V is more realistic and better graphics but realism is not always fun. I mean there is half the things you can do in gtaV than you could do in San Andreas. For example You could go to the gym get buffed up and learn boxing. with franklin you have big muscles in the first mission with franklin. yeah i know you can't  rob stores or buy cars online in gta san andreas but you can buy houses in gta san. yeah you can buy apartments in gta online but i'm focusing on singleplayer right now. for example in san andreas there were gangs in gta san andreas and you were in a gang too. grove street. like in the middle of the game there was gangs attacking your gang terrotories. you could do an thing called a drive up or what ever it was callec i forgot. there was more gangs involved in gta san than gta5. yes there are gangs in gta5 but you are not in a gang. there's the ballas where you kill them in few missions. and then theres the Lost which was only in 2 missions then aztecas and the spanish gang which you killed one of their dudes in the 3rd mission with franklin. there was also more car customization in san andreas. like where you can put the hydraulics on your car and you press a certain button and it lifts up. i think Gta SAN andreas is the best game so far. Gta5 is only better with graphics, realism and missions. also cheats in san andreas made the game even more enjoyable.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

No, because I don't like how they changed things that didn't need changing. Such as driving. It may not matter to others but to me it is my favourite thing to do in a GTA game. It's what kept me playing IV for 5 years and counting. V just bores me and it's been just 1 month.

Hate what I've just said? Cool
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

EamonAndreias
  • EamonAndreias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by EamonAndreias, 21 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Certainly not worthy of best game of the year.

I mean it was a great game and all, but lost gaming value after 3 days and a lot of the promised things that everybody was hyping about in the trailer shown were not actually in the game, which was quite a disappointment. And the fact that they ended up working on Multiplayer more than Single-Player, which sucks equally overall.

A lot of things in this game ended up unsatisfactory, and the previous installments did much better in a lot of aspects; this game was supposed to revolutionize video-gaming in some manner and was supposed to be an upgrade from the last installments, when in fact it was a step-down. A big, disappointing unsatisfying step-down. 
Like I said, definitely not game of the year.

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

No, because I don't like how they changed things that didn't need changing. Such as driving. It may not matter to others but to me it is my favourite thing to do in a GTA game. It's what kept me playing IV for 5 years and counting. V just bores me and it's been just 1 month.

Hate what I've just said? Cool

i totally agree with you. The driving in GTAV feels like an arcade game. You can't drift as much as you could in other GTA games. For example GTA IV

TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I mean it was a great game and all, but lost gaming value after 3 days and a lot of the promised things that everybody was hyping about in the trailer shown were not actually in the game, which was quite a disappointment. And the fact that they ended up working on Multiplayer more than Single-Player, which sucks equally overall.

A lot of things in this game ended up unsatisfactory, and the previous installments did much better in a lot of aspects; this game was supposed to revolutionize video-gaming in some manner and was supposed to be an upgrade from the last installments, when in fact it was a step-down. A big, disappointing unsatisfying step-down. 

I'm really disappointed that you can't buy houses in single player mode. 

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

The year isn't over yet.

There are a few more big titles yet to be released and Battlefield 4 is going to hughly popular with Online Play.

I wouldn't doubt is GTA Online Play drops when BF4 comes out.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think GTA V will get GOTY just because its R*'s big title and everyone in industry seems to want to be a R* Fanboi, plus other titles this year haven't been all that stella.

Bioshock Infinite reminds me of GTA V - great art design,  but look behind the gloss for a few minutes after the NPC says their few lines and its a card board city where everything is canned or scripted.

Coulda Woulda Shoulda  -  but didnt quite make it !!!

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

GTA 5 is ........  The Game Of The Year (2011)!!

If they fix all the bugs, then they might get a better vote. :-/

It's a great game, but it could become an EXXXcellent game!

gta5rules
  • gta5rules

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Of course it's Game of the Year. I loved it. Nothing else this year or since Skyrim has gotten me this excited and held my interest. I still like Skyrim better though. I'm debating if I like this or Red Dead Redemption better, which was my second favorite Xbox 360 game.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Brilliant game? Yes. GOTY? Not really. It does offer more GTA-style fun with vastly improved mechanics, though it's not the best GTA storyline imo and the only innovative new feature seems to be the protagonist switching. I'm personally quite annoyed that Rockstar encourages people to vote for GTA V as GOTY. I do like the game and respect those guys as developers, but it just makes their ego look really big, especially considering they barely mentioned any review sites that gave it less than 10. GTA V delivers more of what I love from this franchise, but I can't help but feel it was somewhat overhyped/overrated.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I haven't played any other recent game... I really hope they're not all as disappointing/regressive as this was

EamonAndreias
  • EamonAndreias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

That's one of my big disappointments. We were shown houses and apartments to buy, I wanted the ability to buy a Beach-house, or an apartment overlooking Los Santos, or even a Mansion in the valleys. But no.

Each character gets 2 safe-houses over the duration of the game, and you lose the first or second completely.

It sucks too much.

RPhilMan1
  • RPhilMan1

Now or Never

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Not a chance.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Maybe. Idk how I feel, I'm not sure how much entertainment I can look forward to in singleplayer considering how much is missing from the picture, and I have no motivation to play Online, which is just horrifically monotonous and boring IMO. Relatively speaking, it may be GOTY only because there's no real competition. I highly doubt CoD: Ghosts is going to be anything new, probably just the same old stupid crap as last year. BF4 might be a competitor, but we've only seen beta gameplay so far. Who knows what will change by release day? Look at Halo: Reach and how the full release was worlds apart from the beta. 

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

It won't be Game of the Year for me because I still have to pick up my reserved Xbox One and 11 games I paid for.

I'm sure GTA 6, if they do it right, will win a few Game of the Year awards.

Felpz1
  • Felpz1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by Felpz1, 21 October 2013 - 06:34 PM.

That's one of my big disappointments. We were shown houses and apartments to buy, I wanted the ability to buy a Beach-house, or an apartment overlooking Los Santos, or even a Mansion in the valleys. But no.

Each character gets 2 safe-houses over the duration of the game, and you lose the first or second completely.

It sucks too much.

Exactly, GTA V was overhyped and they promised us a lot of things that, on practice, wasn't real. I was expecting a gigantic single player, filled with lots places to buy and manage, including multiple safehouses, garages and car dealerships. I don't know if I'm too much of a dreamer, but I was expecting some places like Maisonette 9 from TBoGT, where you could hang and kill some time.

Anyway, GTA V is an amazing game with a beautiful single player campaign, BUT some problems in the Online gameplay may take away the shine of this game. 

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 21 October 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Even though there are a mass amount of bugs etc. (more so than any other GTA I've played) I still think it's worthy of GOTY. Only The Last of Us comes close this year.

So much detail, great graphics and obviously not really an award winning story but funny and action oriented for sure.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

It can be.

The problem is that people expected stuff that R* didn't even confirm so they got their hypes up for it, there is some stuff that R* might add up on the future but those updates will certainly not be soon.

The game is great it is really immersive and you can't just get bored just playing one hour because of all the Little details the random events the Police Chases and places to explore, great and fun missions. Things that people seem to miss because they just focus on the main things.

TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

It can be.

The problem is that people expected stuff that R* didn't even confirm so they got their hypes up for it, there is some stuff that R* might add up on the future but those updates will certainly not be soon.

The game is great it is really immersive and you can't just get bored just playing one hour because of all the Little details the random events the Police Chases and places to explore, great and fun missions. Things that people seem to miss because they just focus on the main things.

I totally agree with you. The game is impressive and I agree 100% that people were getting hyped up because they obviously wasn't following what rockstar is going to put in the game so they just thought its gonna have everything just because rockstar said its their biggest game yet. There are actually a lot of stuff you can do. For example trying to earn money because money in gta5 is on of the main things you need. People can go exploring there's a lot of activities and stuff people can do but they just don't do it.

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by LcplJarheadFi, 21 October 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Definitely not GOTY. I'm not saying it's terrible, but releasing the game without the online version with it? All of these bugs/glitches? And we're still missing half of the content we were promised? Nah, not the best game, by far. Even with all of that stuff added in, with the Next Gen consoles literally right around the corner, GTAV in no way deserves GOTY.

TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

It can be.

Not to mention they can't put all the things in gta5 since they are pushing this generation consoles to the limit. They probably wanted to add a huge amount of stuff but if they would, the game would lag terribly. Would you rather have a laggy game or a game that runs smooth and is a huge improvement from gta4

TheDonutEater35
  • TheDonutEater35

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Definitely not GOTY. I'm not saying it's terrible, but releasing the game without the online version with it? All of these bugs/glitches? And we're still missing half of the content we were promised? Nah, not the best game, by far. Even with all of that stuff added in, with the Next Gen consoles literally right around the corner, GTAV in no way deserves GOTY.

Actually rockstar did not confirm the stuff. Even if they would the game would lag a lot. People just get hyped up because rockstar said its the biggest game they ever made. Half the stuff were not promised nor confirmed

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Donut. All they would have to do, is release it on Xbox One/PS4. 60 fps, with separate Operating Systems specifically designed to decrease lag, freezing, and loading time. They dropped the ball on that one.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

In short, yes. 

At this point, the only thing that will get me to buy a PS4 is if a next gen V comes out with better graphics on it. Because that's the only thing holding the game back for me. It's really jaggy and messy at times... I appreciate that's because they had to make it work on old machines, but I would love to see the full-fat experience in full 1080p with proper AA and better shadow resolution.

Barthock93
  • Barthock93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Well like some said, iwas expecting more from GTA V, i doubt it will be game of the year, but the year isn't over yet, but so far , IN MY OPINION, BF4 is on top to get it.

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Far Cry 3 will be The Game Of The Year.

I played already 6 times and will play it again.

I'm on my second run of GTA 5 and I don't feel like playing it again and I really don't care to get the 100% ....

Well, we each have our Own Preferences, so.....

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Can I ask you all a question?

Why do you want safehouses? - The only thing a safehouse was good for was saving a changing clothes, NOTHING ELSE.

IV didn't have many houses either and I don't see you complaint about that one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users