» «
Photo

Fan Radio Station

34 replies to this topic
Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 01:17 PM.

Anybody want to do an radio station for GTA V? We pick the music, I'll script the talkback/ads etc (and anyone who wants to help with that side is welcome) etc then people playing the game can have it in the background on a nearby smartphone/computer with the in-car radio turned off. It'd be a playlist of files so people can cut to the parts they want if they like and we don't get taken down for copyright. You can put your hand up to do vocals, musical stings, whatever. This could be a heap of fun! No matter where your talents lie, this would be a great opportunity.

And considering the time we have until the next game/the fact GTA Online is here to stay, we can do other stations over time offering different genres.

If you're interested, please reply with what you would like to do :)

EDIT: Also if there are any bands here who want to get their music up there - why not?! :) You can do guest assistant DJ work/short funny interviews/sound bytes too (to keep it fun I don't really want to have long proper interviews about real-life performing...since we don't want to break immersion).

EDIT 2: We could have weekly talkback where we record over Skype or something. So that could change every week.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

This is a pretty cool idea, also imagine if some of the ad's were crew recruitment for Online. Imagine similar to join the army / mod and what not. and playlist would be good idea so people could replace songs with songs they want etc etc.

• Zendorphin likes this

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Yeah - we have the option to swap out/add ads, shows, songs, whatever. So the 'talk radio' part can talk about issues and crews without necessarily breaking the fourth wall. So if money keeps going missing, we lampoon that by talking about bank CEOs being shady or the government misappropriating funds. Or if bikers are taking over Vespucci Beach on some servers, we can talk about that happening a bit. Whatever. The possibilities are limitless.

Of course, we will talk about places in game eg I'll mention the triathlon I am training for, some of the crazy stuff I see etc.

Will make an FB group for this in a bit.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yeah do make one, I'll be up for helping out where I can. So basically it's creating ad's talk shows and introductions and what not. so players can have these with their own songs?

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Well, there's nothing to stop us putting songs in there too. I mean, it's not breaking copyright to throw a music video into a playlist, right? Say, have a short 'intro' and 'outro' video file for each song...that way people who want to skip that song can just not use those three components.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

yeah yeah indeed, just thought it could would widen the audience if it concentrated on creating everything but the music so it doesn't matter what music people used or where they got it from and it would still fit nicely in the station. Music copyright has always been a bit of a grey area and distributing it to the masses could become an issue.

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 02:48 PM.

My opinion is, to maximize accessibility we should put the music in like I said. Not all listeners will want to put their own music in.

eg

Channel Intro

Song 1 Intro (short, something like... 'And now for Kings of Leon...Sex On Fire.')

Song 1: Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire

Song 2

Song 3

Song 3 Outro

Ad

Song 2 Intro

etc

If we go with official music videos, then we're not distributing it to anyone, we're just providing a playlist with our own original components.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think i've been lost somewhere haha, are you on about making a Youtube playlist? not a downloadable playlist with multiple MP3 files in a folder...

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

let me make a psychedelic rock 60s station. i'll pick songs you do the rest aight

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I think i've been lost somewhere haha, are you on about making a Youtube playlist? not a downloadable playlist with multiple MP3 files in a folder...

Right. A YouTube playlist. No copyright issues and easy.

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

let me make a psychedelic rock 60s station. i'll pick songs you do the rest aight

Sure, will add that to the list. Could have a Truth type character. Could be someone out in that commune.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Right. A YouTube playlist. No copyright issues and easy.

Yeah that clears up some issues. Totally need a station just for driving songs haha

• Zendorphin likes this

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Right. The big thing we need right now is someone who can do little musical stings/help with the sound editing.

I'm very confident with the writing angle but of course won't go and do it entirely alone.

Anyway, I'll make a Facebook group but there seems to be glitches on that network right now so will do it later.

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by JmanBassman, 21 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

I can use music software quite confidently my preference is Cubase so I can help with sound editing.

Might be able to get my friend who is a writer and a avid gta fan to help out with writing when there is more of a solid plan.

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Zendorphin, 21 October 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Sounds great :)

* Getting more and more ideas. For instance, a ULSA one run by student DJs could be fun -- seeing Los Santos/campus life from that kind of perspective (whether the particular individual is self-entitled, idealistic or whatever).

* Obviously we can have some ads run on multiple stations etc so some content can be recycled - not everyone will like every station anyway.

* We can do some fast food/LS business ads too eg Bean Machine, Taco Bomb, Binco, Ponsonby's, SubUrban.

Right now though, we need to focus on what genres are most needed and go from there. Let's use this thread primarily for people to indicate interest, give ideas etc and once the FB group is created, we can go into some planning specifics/idea generation.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

You guys need some dutch gabber up on there. Gotta love dutch gabber.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Mr Scratch, 21 October 2013 - 04:43 PM.

How about a station similar to Radio X from San Andreas?

JmanBassman
  • JmanBassman

Wheelman For Hire

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

Sounds great :)

* Getting more and more ideas. For instance, a ULSA one run by student DJs could be fun -- seeing Los Santos/campus life from that kind of perspective (whether the particular individual is self-entitled, idealistic or whatever).

* Obviously we can have some ads run on multiple stations etc so some content can be recycled - not everyone will like every station anyway.

* We can do some fast food/LS business ads too eg Bean Machine, Taco Bomb, Binco, Ponsonby's, SubUrban.

Right now though, we need to focus on what genres are most needed and go from there. Let's use this thread primarily for people to indicate interest, give ideas etc and once the FB group is created, we can go into some planning specifics/idea generation.

I actually thought the same thing about the LS businesses. Recycling stuff would be good, My idea was make the ads and song intro not song dependent. I vaguely remember VC or SA doing something like that on the PC, drop in ur own songs and the DJ would introduce them generally and play ur songs. something like that. so anyone could put their songs in.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

You could play your own songs but that was about it, Independence FM in GTA IV had a DJ but he didn't name the songs.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

You could play your own songs but that was about it, Independence FM in GTA IV had a DJ but he didn't name the songs.

That's true. If my memory serves, he also mocked the player for their musical taste aswell.

trickeh2k
  • trickeh2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

I actually had something like this in mind too, only I would have loved to have one more talk radio where users could make podcasts that Rockstar approved and then uploaded.

Something I truly miss music wise is a proper EDM (electronic dance music) channel, Soulwax is crap.

If you want I could provide with a mixed set for a set time (30mins/60mins or whatever is preferred). I can do House, Hardstyle and Trance.

Example: https://dl.dropboxus..._by_trickeh.mp3

dodgerfan4eva
  • dodgerfan4eva

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

how are you guys going to put this in the game ?

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well as far as EDM goes, Alex Gopher always works.

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by Zendorphin, 22 October 2013 - 03:55 AM.

If everyone sends me a message with their Facebook link, I'll add you to the group.

I actually had something like this in mind too, only I would have loved to have one more talk radio where users could make podcasts that Rockstar approved and then uploaded.

Something I truly miss music wise is a proper EDM (electronic dance music) channel, Soulwax is crap.

If you want I could provide with a mixed set for a set time (30mins/60mins or whatever is preferred). I can do House, Hardstyle and Trance.

Example: https://dl.dropboxus..._by_trickeh.mp3

Sounds great. 60 minutes is probably the right length for that. Thanks so much - our first original artist :D Woohoo!

st0ny
  • st0ny

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Great idea guys. To the OP you're not commiting copyright infringements with any songs as long as you're not selling a product or reproducing it for the purpose of reproduction.

This is equivalent to making a mixtape, which is OK. The worse that can happen to you guys is getting a C and D order. Hope this info helps

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I would also like to know  :santa:

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 22 October 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Yeah I'd love to see some of my favorite RHCP songs on the station. Such as Californication, or Dani California, etc. Those are some really good songs that would fit the Los Santos vibe.

You should call the station "FanCast FM" or something like that.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Very nice idea OP. ^^ As mentioned above, we need RHCP's Californication and Dani California. We need a few Led Zeppelin songs (Kashmir and the Immigrant Song), a few more Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You), Metallica (Nothing Else Matters), Deff Leppard (Pour Some Sugar On Me), Boston (Smokin' & More than a feeling). I know very eclectic choice of Rock songs, but any genre of Rock is my kind of rock. 

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

I can do cheesy voiceovers, been wanting to use the variety of different voices I have.

• Zendorphin likes this

Zendorphin
  • Zendorphin

Kifflom!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by Zendorphin, 22 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

A drive time station would be great IMO. Including songs like Vance Joy's Riptide to give that cruisy summer feeling. The Foreigner/Toto/etc style numbers. Whatever.

Vance Joy is an Australian artist and I think it's quite a cool song.

I would also like to know  :santa:

For now, doing it as a YouTube playlist since people would no doubt play other music from smartphones/computers while playing anyway. Plus it's easy to add to/modify. And using official music videos in the mix, we're not going to be treading on the toes of the original copyright holders anyway.

Should someone be able to work out a way of getting it into the actual game, I personally would only be comfortable with doing that with stations containing original music only. And IF we get a PC version, then people can make the MP3s up themselves... but personally I don't want to get C&D letters let alone anything else.

Distributing a mixtape for us INSIDE the game looks dicey IMO because you're making the content available independent of where it has actually been released.

Open to suggestions/legal insight but I think a YouTube playlist for each station is easily accessible and safest.

I can do cheesy voiceovers, been wanting to use the variety of different voices I have.

Are you able to upload something to Soundcloud or whatever showing off your abilities?? Just to give me an idea of your range and what I'd still need to find elsewhere. Thanks. Message me your Facebook info and I'll add you to the group! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users