» «
Photo

Online gameplay is garbage .. Thankyou Rockscar

16 replies to this topic
fuckyoucockstar
  • fuckyoucockstar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by fuckyoucockstar, 21 October 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Im one of those idiots that loved GTA purchased every game since PS1 . Untill now . Never again .
I pre-ordered GTA5 18 months before it was released and managed to get a collectors edition . I was really looking forward to playing online with my mates and doing the usual GTA stuff steal and kill to win . 
But no , it didnt quite happen like that .  Apart from the rocky start with online servers it was all good until all the cocksmoking retards started doing glitch crap to gain money . SAD really sad . Not just a few dollars either , millions of dollars . Makes it really hard for the honest players to compete with people driving around it TANKS .
So out of anger what do you think i started doing , thats right spending my life savings on ammo and bombs to seek some sort of revenge on these diseases by blowing up there stuff . 
You reward me by calling ME a bad sport and putting me in a server FULL of these retards . Wow great work . Cant play with anyone I know for 2 days . Cool beans . So your aloud to stab someone to death put blowing up there car is an offence . Right ......

And just to top it off im now getting half payouts for any jobs I do ?? Whats the deal?

No need for any replys my mind is made up , cya

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yep, Online can be bullsh!t at times.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Im one of those idiots that loved GTA purchased every game since PS1 . Untill now . Never again .
I pre-ordered GTA5 18 months before it was released and managed to get a collectors edition . I was really looking forward to playing online with my mates and doing the usual GTA stuff steal and kill to win . 
But no , it didnt quite happen like that .  Apart from the rocky start with online servers it was all good until all the cocksmoking retards started doing glitch crap to gain money . SAD really sad . Not just a few dollars either , millions of dollars . Makes it really hard for the honest players to compete with people driving around it TANKS .
So out of anger what do you think i started doing , thats right spending my life savings on ammo and bombs to seek some sort of revenge on these diseases by blowing up there stuff . 
You reward me by calling ME a bad sport and putting me in a server FULL of these retards . Wow great work . Cant play with anyone I know for 2 days . Cool beans . So your aloud to stab someone to death put blowing up there car is an offence . Right ......

And just to top it off im now getting half payouts for any jobs I do ?? Whats the deal?

I agree 100%

I like the idea of the bad sport server but I don't like that people get screwed over because of dumbasses who come after you but you can't fight back and defend yourself.

On Saturday night I was playing online and did a job with what turned out to be little 11 year old punks who decided to kill me after we completed everything.

I didn't go back and retaliate because I didn't want to be put in the bad sport server for going back but yet they are allowed to kill me and steal my money and still be in good standing.

R* needs to fix this and fast or a lot of people are going to boycott the Online part.

They should make the people who killed you in the midst of a job pay your medical bills or at least not charge you like GTA IV did and pay the insurance for your personal car.

Instead of allowing them to keep playing in the bad sport server send em to San Andrea's County Jail for 2 days then maybe they'll leave to play the game right.

A lot of these people doing this are kiddies who think it's funny as hell, I wrote a post earlier about how much they tick me off with this BS.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by King Kapone, 21 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.

I agree that they should have thought longer about creating bad sport lobbies. The whole dunce cap inside joke thing is a bit insulting when the concept of the game is to "do whatever the f*ck you want."

I believe Dan Houser himself once said, "books tell you something, movies show you something, video games let you do something."

Kind of ironic in the end.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by <Yang3, 21 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Did R* promise you a PERFECT EXPERIENCE FROM THE START? NO!

They've promised us a game w/c they're and they'll be building from the ground. They want us to criticize the game and by that I mean in a more "manly" way and not backlashing them like this sh*t! They want us to brainstorm for the game - GTA O.

It's your fault that you've expected too much...

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yeah Online is absolute bullsh*t at times. You'll get shot up by these dumbasses but when you defend yourself you will be punished. What the f*ck happened to this being GTA? Is it Grand Help People Civilized Auto for Online now? My god, I got bad sport for sh*t I barelu did, to my friends. I give up... The planning by Rockstar sometimes feels like a monkey plans.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

lmfao

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm starting to think I'm glad my XBox isn't online yet.

A 'naughty step' in a game where the objective is to commit crimes? And snot nosed kids can gang up on reporting you for being a 'bad sport'? What kind of sick joke is that?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Did R* promise you a PERFECT EXPERIENCE FROM THE START? NO!
They've promised us a game w/c they're and they'll be building from the ground. They want us to criticize the game and by that I mean in a more "manly" way and not backlashing them like this sh*t! They want us to brainstorm for the game - GTA O.

It's your fault that you've expected too much...

These Rockstar dickriders that get all hyped up over the keyboard kill me. :lol: Oh man...

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 21 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Just do private sessions with your friends you know you can trust, that's what I always do. I haven't played with randoms since my first day online. And the only time I go online is when my friends are on. Otherwise I just do single-player. Honestly, Online is boring compared to SP.

GTA:O has split-personality disorder. On the one hand, it enables people to be gigantic c*nts to everyone around them, but punishes anyone who thus retaliates. It's ridiculous. Idk why anyone would want to play with randoms unless you have no problem with being sh*t-broke and having your cars blown up. 

Honestly, I'd rather deal with the hackers in GTA IV setting me on fire or teleporting me to random points. At least I respawn and get right back into things without a medical bill adding insult to injury. This game doesn't just kill you. It kills you and then it ROBS you too. 

I'll say it again, GTA:O has a LONG way to go before it's anything worth talking about. Until then, it's a very poor diversion from single-player, and a very lackluster successor to GTA 4 MP, hackers and all. At least in TBOGT, I could casually drive by another player without having my brains blown out.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Not going to lie, I enjoyed IV's online more. I have had fun with friends on V but the penalties and lack of freedom irritates me. Why does Rockstar want to change what was already good? If you're going to change something, make it so that everyone still enjoys it. IV's online was irritating at times especially with modders but it was still fun and you were free. No penalties... no money issues... just plain old fun.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 21 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Maybe when BF4 or whatever new MP comes out, we'll see a decline in the assholes running around in GTAO right now.  That or all of us need to start teaming up and taking those fools down, GTA style.

My first online experience, I have always only played SP for the last 15-years.  I have a lot of fun, but could be a lot better without a crap load of trolls and dushbags.  You can't be near anybody you don't know while online, they will usually come after you...and all their friends too.

DrDetroit

mrgrimezHD
  • mrgrimezHD

If there's money to be earned, I'm all over it.

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by mrgrimezHD, 21 October 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Ah, you seem pretty stressed out. I get it, we've all experienced the bullsh*t you've recently encountered and all you want to do is vent. Fair play, you have every right to complain seeing as you've bought the game with your hard earned cash.

Please allow me to explain and hopefully you might think this massive sh*t sandwich we're all taking a bite of makes sense.

^^ Don't knock it until you've tried it ^^

Kick your feet up, if you're old enough roll a Cigarette (preferably the Herbal kind if you're on the same page as me) if you're in the younger generation, don't smoke it's bad for you OR grab yourself a cold beverage, it's up to you, pick your poison and read this mammoth wall of text. Please bare in mind I'm answering with my own opinions so therefore feel free to agree or disagree. I'm not going to retaliate with a post made up of capital letters used in a threatning manner, cuss or even argue. All I want to do is shoot the sh*t, just like we all do on these forums.

From posting this Thread on these forums, I can see you're not willing to read the replies which are posted but after all that's the least you could do right? seeing as we took the time to read your thoughts.

Right then... *cracks knuckles* now would be a good time to press play on the video, turn up the speakers and read on.

Let's start with this shall we

I pre-ordered GTA5 18 months before it was released and managed to get a collectors edition . I was really looking forward to playing online with my mates and doing the usual GTA stuff steal and kill to win.

You're clearly a dedicated Rockstar fan and for some time seeing as you've played the PS1 titles, same here if I'm honest, GTA London was amazing :lol: but come on mate you've waited all this time and you're prepared to give in over some sausage nigels spoiling the fun?

The name of the game is Crime / Killing / Winning, you said it yourself. Isn't that what other people are doing also? doing the usual GTA stuff by stealing, killing and winning at whatever it is they want to do?

Apart from the rocky start with online servers it was all good until all the cocksmoking retards started doing glitch crap to gain money . SAD really sad . Not just a few dollars either , millions of dollars . Makes it really hard for the honest players to compete with people driving around it TANKS.

Agreed but you need to achieve rank 70 in order to aquire a Tank in the first place, sure you can steal one and my hat goes off to them for doing that. So if people want to do the Money Glitch and get what they want then fair enough. Karma comes with swift justice so anyone caught using an exploit will be dealt with accordingly in some way / shape or form. If you can't accept that then join a new session, they know the consequences just like everybody else so if that doesn't quash their sadistic desire to go on a mammoth rampage throughout Los Santos blowing up everything in sight, while using something which was implemented into the game for someone to BUY and USE at free will then they will be carted off to the naughty step. It's a game, they bought it, it's their choice.

That's ironic in itself because isn't that the whole point of GTA mentioned above? doing what you want to do, when ever you feel like it? but yet, go on a killing spree will paint you a "Bad Sport"... Hmmm do I detect some "Do it our way or pay" material being used there?

Come on Rockstar, that's just teasing... Giving a player the opportunity to buy / steal a Death Machine to use but they can only use it for nipping to the shops for a six pack and smokes or waging war on the Los Santos Finest because if they blow up a couple of personal cars then they're given a cap which is being used in a controversial way by some people.

Let's face it, it isn't that hard to make cash in GTA V without the Glitch, I wouldn't be so quick to assume anyone who just so happens to have better equipment / vehicles then you have cheated. That's just ignorant, chances are split between a high level player with a legit bank balance and a low level player who used an exploit. Think about that for a second, can you imagine the chaos on the servers if there wasn't any Rank Limit when buying a Tank? it might as well be named "World of Tanks v2.0"

If you actually SEE another player in a Tank... why on earth would anyone stay in range? this is Grand Theft Auto not Please Be Gentle... Logic dictates that if someone climbs into a Tank all rules are thrown out the window and it's every man for himself. Who wouldn't? it's a Tank for Christ Sake. I know I would but I'd focus all my attention on a all out rampage with the Police and hope somebody in their apartment is watching the whole thing live... I can promise you they won't take me alive :miranda:

Most of your other points I can totally agreed with, Online mode can indeed be a kick in the balls at times but I say this again.... It's Grand Theft Auto, people had no problem with going around in GTA IV and doing the exact same thing then, it was fun but now all of a sudden the same thing which is happening in GTA V is frowned upon? come on now.

People will argue saying "You obviously haven't played GTA IV then you scrub, because that didn't have Passive Mode" to which I'll reply...Well I put it to you, good sir, that Passive Mode isn't even implemented into GTA V so what difference does it make? sure theres an option to select this so called Passive Mode but does it actually work? .. no, no it doesn't. These are the reasons why -

1. You have to pay $100 to activate Passive Mode (confirmed)
  2. You can't dodge roll or use weapons (confirmed)
  3. You can still be killed on foot by getting ran over or shot when using any vehicle, despite the fact that Rockstar said and even added an on screen notification in game / loading screen stating something on the lines of "If you want to explore without getting interrupted the activate Passive Mode"- Not only that but this is coming straight from the Bossman's mouth A.K.A Leslie Benzie (confirmed)
  4. You actually pay $600 to use this feature, $100 to activate and $500 to respawn. You will die eventually. (confirmed, tried and tested)

We were going to ask how you prevent it becoming like Lord of the Flies...

With a lot of these things, we don't see the problems until we actually sit in a big session and play. We've got a thing called Passive mode. If you're spawning and being killed immediately, go to Passive mode - it means you can't shoot people, but they can't shoot you. So you can just kind of hang around and get to grips with the game.

Source = http://www.computera...-on-gta-online/

Killing someone with a Knife / Bat / Shotgun / Your nan's Umbrella is a completely different box of frogs then actually Blowing their personal vehicles up. You mention "Revenge" right? well there's more ways to get revenge then just blowing the person and their vehicle up. People are warned everytime this happens with a Notification, so if you choose to ignore that then you'll be punished. Working as intended.

Just apply some clear thought to the situation a minute, step back and take a look at this "problem" and look at it from a open perspective. Let's just say you've bought a brand new [insert vehicle here], you bought this car with hard earned cash and you've even got some change left over to apply some modifications.

You come out of Los Santos Customs in your fresh [insert vehicle here] only from some raging gravy tunnel to be waiting outside with a bunch of Sticky Bombs on the floor. He detonates them flash frying you plus your knicker wetting [you get the point] on the spot, now then, what would you rather happen? would you either he got a slap on the wrist and sent off on his merry way OR would you rather that person is a few more strikes away before he's shipped over to all the other people who chose their fate. Forming one giant Bellend shaped server all to themselves.

At the end of the day my friend, we all encounter these people everywhere. In real life, on the internet this world is full of them. Deal with it, why let it spoil your fun? do you honestly think those people give a sh*t? all they're doing is playing a video game just like everyone else... it's just some are complete wankers about it.

Things in GTA V can be tweaked, everything is set online so micro management of it's game mechanics can be done. Just be patient.

Right, I'm done here... I'm off to get my perfectly formed arse out and take my newly aquired Western Deamon for a Cruise around the Red Light district =)

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I honestly think there should be a revenge system, where if you kill the person who killed you it doesn't count.

Rockstar needs to pull their sh*t together.

dDubs
  • dDubs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Is there any need to play with randoms? What can't you do in a private or solo session?

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

They've promised us a game w/c they're and they'll be building from the ground.

They want us to criticize the game

They want us to brainstorm for the game - GTA O.

WOW R* want us to do a lot for them lol LMAO

If they listened to the community I doubt yoga, tennis and that sh*t would be in before gambling, gang/drug wars, vigilante missions

R* has so many fans - turned fanboi's this year 

ScooterBrother
  • ScooterBrother

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I find myself trying to be good than just actually playing the game. 

Why do you get labeled a bad sport if someone boots you from the lobby? 

Must admit I hate joining missions or gang fights with randoms just for the fact you don't know if they will turn on you.  I know play with your friends, well my friends are adults who have families, jobs or just a life, myself included. So it can be tough finding time to all get on at the same time. 

I am only level 10 and the other day I was on there was someone level 63 sitting on a roof with a sniper rifle taking out anyone who came by him.  Now does he get labeled a bad sport for this activity? 

Or the person who money glitched and leveled up who has the fastest car with armor and bullet proof tires driving around the map killing people.  Does this person get labeled a bad sport? 

I just think there should be a better description of what is bad and good in this game. 

Here is to hoping for less of the kiddies once BF4 and COD release.  :beerhat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users