Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Traffic on or off?
I'm thinking off..

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Of course. My favourite settings are traffic off, catch up off, police off, custom cars off. They´re the best to have a proper fair and competitive race.

Then this is more subjective, I like plenty of daylight and rain since it makes the handling SO much better and representative in this game.

But we can talk all of this, if sometime we aren´t so interested in maximum competitiveness and we feel like racing our customs, or we feel like having a laugh with traffic, we can do.

We would have to talk the conditions and settings here once we know how many are interested. Everyone taking part should have a word in this.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Love it! So maybe if we set a specific point where we decide to give it everything, say a certain landmark 3quarters of the way around the circuit

That´s usually up to the pole man, and it´s personal choice.

Common practice is to get going full speed exiting the last corner, or maybe start pushing one/two corners earlier to try and open a bit of a gap to avoid being slipstreamed straight away.

We would only agree on a point around 80% into the lap where the leader can start pushing, and then it´s his choice when to bolt. He can´t be passed till new lap starts anyway so he can get going soon or play games to the startline.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Great, same here.

Never tried with the rain in gta tbh..

Well I'm definitely down for this, we should start spreading the word

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well I'm definitely down for this, we should start spreading the word

Cool!! What about his weekend? Would you have your PS avaliable then?

About spreading the word, how about you try bringing people from Social Club here posting the link as you do often? I´ll do my best with the PS messenger during the week too, always add as friend those I liked racing so I can contact them anytime.

I will go ahead and make a detailed post with the general rules here right now.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Great mate sounds good, yeah I'll have access in two days, then for two weeks from then.

Yeah, I'll keep up with the social club posts.

I think the messenger thing will work a lot, I'll do the same thing when I can and invite the racers I think are worth it

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 29 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Apex Stalkers 1st Endurance Racing meeting

We plan to host an endurance race this weekend, please read these simple rules and procedures and tell us if your interested joining here.

Settings and circuit

These will be decided by votation between all the members that compromise in joining the event. When you sign up for it, post here the following:

- Your PSN ID.

- The circuit you´d like to race in.

- The vehicle class you´d like to race with.

- The settings you´d like to race with (traffic/police/catchup/custom cars will be off this time, tell us about daytime and weather)

Once we all sign up for the race, we´ll try to agree on the time/day the race will be held in. We´ll try to find a decent time for everyone involved.

Qualifying rules

- If we have more crew members interested than the cars a circuit allows, we´ll improvise some sort of pre-qualifying session.

- If there are empty slots 1 day before the event, you´re allowed to bring friends you trust to race clean until the grid is full. Hopefully that should help making the crew grow.

Qualifying will consist in a 3 lap race.

- The first will serve to open up gaps between us. Gaps should be at least 10 seconds to prevent us blocking each other or to prevent anyone gaining from slispstreamming.

- The second lap will be a hotlap, everyone will do their best. If one driver makes a mistake and ruins his lap, it´ll be his responsability and main priority from then on not impeeding drivers behind him.

- The third lap is a cooldown lap. This game will give DNF to any driver still in the race after a certain time the leader has ended the race. This could cause the hot-laps of the last qualifiers not to register if we only race 2 laps, as they won´t have time to finish the race.This lap is meant to bunch us up again. Leading drivers will drive as slow as needed until the full bunch is together so we all finish the race in time, so we can see the results and fastest laps. You´re not allowed to try a second hotlap in this lap!!

After the race, it will be every player responsability to look for what´s his place on the grid. To make that easy, no one should vote or click continue at all while standings are showing.

We´ll let the time run out, and then we´ll click "repeat" in the voting screen.

Race rules

First lap will serve to get us in the correct order. Overtaking will be not allowed once we´re all forming in the right way.

Please, proceed carefully, we don´t want anyone starting with a damaged car. Stay a couple of car lenght´s behind the driver ahead of you during all the lap.

Near the end of the first lap, the leading driver will be allowed to go full speed at a point we´ll chose once we know what circuit we´ll race on. Remember that even if we´ll be going full speed a bit earlier, overtaking isn´t allowed until the first lap is over.

Then we´ll simply play a regular long race. Only one specific rule beyond "race fair": No honking allowed. Why? It´ll have a special function: Only the driver about to lap a rival will be able to honk as much as he wants approaching the rival about to get lapped. The driver about to be lapped has the responsability of jumping out of the way in the fastets and safest possible way.

Remember we´ll be playing a long race, and maybe in a not-that-long circuit. Also we don´t know our relative pace so we should keep this in mind.

Some general racing etiquette tips

It´s impossible to have any kind of effective stewarding in these races. So we won´t be imposing penalties or anything. However, we´ll take notice on those racing recklessly and maybe you could lose the chance to take part in these events if you´re driving in a clumsy way. There go some general tips:

- Don´t hit people from behind. If you have someone on your face and you don´t have a chance to move to pull alongside, don´t hit him, lift the throttle and wait for a better chance. Slipstream in this game is overpowered so it´s important to respect this. Don´t try passes in zones where only one car fits.

- Pick your moment to pass, race is long. Don´t try to pass anyone divebombing from 30 meters back. If you want to be given room in a corner, you´ll need to get a significant part of your car alongside the rival. Putting in there half a nose is not enough.

- Don´t weave down straights. It´s OK to move off the racing line to cover the inside into the next corner. It´s not OK to weave to try and stop a guy comming faster from behind down a straight.

- Most important rule: HAVE FUN!!

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

This sounds awesome! Depending on my schedule this weekend I'm definitely on board for this.

- Your PSN ID.

Namsek07

- The circuit you´d like to race in.

No Preference.

- The vehicle class you´d like to race with.

Sports or Sport Classics.

- The settings you´d like to race with.

No time and/or weather preference. I'm easy to please :)

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:00 PM Edited by Rik96, 29 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

-Im in..addm in psn we'll race together.

-PSN ID: X-xRik96x-X

- Circuit:"Grand Tour"

- Class:Muscle or sportscar.

- Settings :

Traffic: On

Police:Off

Catchup:Off

I ve made this logo for the crew ,lets see if Rockstar approves it, if you guys like it feel free to use it .

apex-logo.png?w=520

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Oh my, looks we´ll have pre-qualifying at this pace!!

OK, I´ll go ahead and sign up too.

PSN: dyr_gl

Circuit: Though the Grapevine.

Class: Classic sportcars

Settings: Day / rainy.

PS: small tweak in the qualifying format. It´ll be a 3 lap race, please read the purpose of the 3rd lap, it´s VERY important.

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by Rodgerzzz, 29 October 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Don't know if anybody remembers the few races we had yesterday with the american guy moaning because it was raining and he wanted "proper" supercars, then started driving backwards now and again! Annoyingly amusing but anyway, I'd really be up for a meet.

- Your PSN ID: Rodgerzzz

- The circuit you´d like to race in: Any

- The vehicle class you´d like to race with: Sports preferably, but I'm good with anything apart from Offroad!

- The settings you´d like to race with: Daytime, any weather.

Feel free to add my PSN to have some races before this as well!

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Just joined this crew last night.had my first few races earlier aswell with barcelonic and a few other crew members.

Was good fun good clean racing aswell any spinouts or touching were generally mistakes and there was no bashing or ramming which is a breath of fresh air because im sick of every race being like that!

Looking forward to future races and meets :)

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

It'd be good if we could have a list of every member and their username and then put it somewhere we can all see it - it'd make for better communication on the forums between members.

:)

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Don't know if anybody remembers the few races we had yesterday with the american guy moaning because it was raining and he wanted "proper" supercars, then started driving backwards now and again! Annoyingly amusing but anyway, I'd really be up for a meet.

- The vehicle class you´d like to race with: Sports preferably, but I'm good with anything apart from Offroad!

Yeah I was in those races, luckily that guy isn't in our crew as I recall, and the way he was acting, probably shouldn't be. He was driving backward trying to hit some of us. Other than that, those races were fun!

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by Rodgerzzz, 29 October 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Yeah I was in those races, luckily that guy isn't in our crew as I recall, and the way he was acting, probably shouldn't be. He was driving backward trying to hit some of us. Other than that, those races were fun!

Haha definately a good job he isn't anywhere near the crew! The long race around vinewood hills with the sports classics in the pouring rain was immense, the battle for the lead looked intense. Were you driving the Z-Type or were you in the white Monroe?

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by namsek, 29 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Haha definately a good job he isn't anywhere near the crew! The long race around vinewood hills with the sports classics in the pouring rain was immense, the battle for the lead looked intense. Were you driving the Z-Type or were you in the white Monroe?

I was in the Z-Type, we were swapping back and forth for the lead in the last lap, adding the rain definitely made it intense and one of the most fun crew races I've had to date. :)

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

I was in the Z-Type, we were swapping back and forth for the lead in the last lap, adding the rain definitely made it intense and one of the most fun crew races I've had to date. :)

It looked brilliant from a distance, shame I hit a barrier on the first lap and lost too much time to make up the gap.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

It was epic indeed.

I thought I was safe the way I nailed the last corner into the main road, the fast right hander, but I started sh*tting myself when I saw the gap come smaller and smaller and smaller. I knew it would happen in the end when he got in the slipstream.

TheSnakbar
  • TheSnakbar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself. My psn tag is Rik Flair but you guys can call me Andy..

Marcinguy
  • Marcinguy

Former Champ

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by Kahkenbols, 29 October 2013 - 07:41 PM.

I will totally be down for this as long as the schedule allows.

- Your PSN ID: marcinguy

- The circuit you´d like to race in: Through the Grapevine, preferably but any will do

- The vehicle class you´d like to race with: Sports, muscle, or classic sports

- The settings you´d like to race with: morning, any weather.

Also had a couple of good races with crew members last couple of days. Feel free to add me to your friends list on PSN.

P.S. Wanted to add that traffic should be off. I think things just get too chaotic and random for a fair race

bruceprintscrn
  • bruceprintscrn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi all, some have maybe raced me online. My gamertag is bruceprintscrn (wait for it..), add me for clean racing, no catch up and no Criminal Records / Taking Off / Down the Drain tracks. :) I don't like NASCAR too in real life. I'm a motorsport enthuastic (F1, WRC) and mainly play race games. 

I like custom cars on, how they look and especially feel. But I don't mind a stock car race. I find that avoiding traffic is a skill too, but with too many players, its undoable.

See you on track

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Anybody online at the minute for a couple of races?

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 30 October 2013 - 01:08 PM.

So by now we have (all PSN IDs, not forum names):

Marcinguy

Rodgerzzz

Dyr_gl

Namsek07

X-xRik96x-X

Zigmeister666

Lucem712

It´s very likely that we´ll need pre-qualifying in the end at this pace.

At some point, probably Thursday afternoon, I´ll count all the votes for classes, circuits and weather. So Friday afternoon we´ll know how the race will be and then, if needed, we´ll prequalify.

To avoid having to meet together during the week, which would be a pain, my idea is to simply do a handful of laps ourselves when each one of us have a moment, on Thursday or Friday under the exact same settings made official for the race. We post here our laptimes and that way we sort out who will take part this time. That´s if we need it in the end.

I have no doubt we´ll all be honest so no need for photo confirmation or anything!!

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

I am, let's race

Rodgerzzz
  • Rodgerzzz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I am, let's race

Brilliant, I am just finishing a mission and lets do it. What sort of race ae you fancying?

namsek
  • namsek

APEX

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am, let's race

Brilliant, I am just finishing a mission and lets do it. What sort of race ae you fancying?

Anything works for me, I just need money  :pp

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

- Settings :

I ve made this logo for the crew ,lets see if Rockstar approves it, if you guys like it feel free to use it .
apex-logo.png?w=520

Wow that's actually a really great emblem man, well done

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

- Your PSN ID: ZigMeister666
- The circuit you´d like to race in: Through the Grapevine
- The vehicle class you´d like to race with: Sports
- The settings you´d like to race with: afternoon, rain

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

i just sended the invite in psn guys.

We need a official thread or something where to post the laptimes and the racers id's for the future races.. i dont know why the old Apex official thread is locked.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

- Settings :

apex-logo.png?w=520

Wow that's actually a really great emblem man, well done

thanks bro!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users