» «
Photo

Apex Stalkers (clean racing)

225 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 26 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

OK then, will try to be online a bit earlier. Local time 21:00 then? Will try but can´t promise though, Barcelona - Madrid match today will make it hard. Maybe it would be better for Artimonqt to host so if I´m 10 minutes late I can join the ongoing thing.

Does everyone PSN match the forum name? Would like to add you guys so it´s easier to get together in a crew private session.

Mine is dyr_gl

About favourite races, mines are Through the Grapevine (don´t know if the English name is like that) and Vinewood Nights. In the city I like Emergency Route (the one that goes through the Hospital) and that one for compact cars that goes through parkings. I can host one of these, and then another of you host your favourite ones. Moving from startline to startline can be the coasting part.

But I´m not sure about the time calculations we´re making here are correct... apparently Spain and Norway have the SAME hour.

This should be useful.

http://www.timeandda...1&p1=681&p2=187

So the event will be at 21:00 local time (Western European time), that´s CMT +2. That means the event is 19:00 CMT. That should be enough for everyone to calculate when it´ll start on their local time.

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Im also watching the match tonight im afraid :/

I really think we should do events on skype or something similiar. That way its so much easier to deal with unforseen things that might happend along the way. Plus its a lot more fun. Mostly though, im worried that it might become  messy if we do it without some sort of voic com. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yeah at least the host should have a mic or something, would be helpful.

Anyway, this is the deal. I start a crew only session at 19:00 CMT (that´s more than an hour after the match ends). Invite all crew members online at the time. We (at least the ones aware of the activity) meet in the Vespuci parking I´ll be waiting on, each with a personal car.

We coast driving steadily to "Through the grapevine" startline, I host a longuish race there so we start knowing how each other´s pace is. Then we coast to the startline of whatever other races the rest of the members like. Each one of us hosts a race we like (that´s 4 apparently if things go right and everyone can join).

The order of who picks and hosts races? I´ll host the first one. From then on, the driver yet-to-host a race that has had the better result in the previous race heads to the startline of the race he feels like doing. We repeat the process, always the highest placed yet-to-host a race decides next one. We all follow him. Shouldn´t be hard, key is never separating from each other.

Then we just do whatever we feel, taking some pics, tennis, whatever.

Bradderz080
  • Bradderz080

Rawr

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi guys, came across your crew and thought i'd say i am interested in joining. Im hoping to find a crew that is decent and mature. People who dont just shoot at or ram any player they see, and of course people who dont ram in races  >_>

I joined my rl friend's crew but i see absolutely no point in staying as i am now level 65 and he is level 6... A crew leader should be playing at least the top 5 of the crew

I am based on PS3, my PSN is the same as my username. If any of you could message me or reply on here with more info then that would be great, really thinking about joining  :)

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

BTW, the join crew members thing isn´t working, so I´ll invite you guys to whatever activity, we all do it ASAP and then click free mode. We start from then on with the plan.

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sounds good. How about skype Faster? Do you have a mic?

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

My PSN: Artymon

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Nah, have nothing. Gonna start the session right now!

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have a mic, just sayin :p

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Use it, no problem!! I´ll use this as chat function LOL

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

OK, so as I have no more crew friends, we get into a quick race and send invites to the full crew online. Then we all click free mode and that´s done, we´re all together.

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

We're not in the same :S And besides, looks like its only you and me. I dont think its going to work today :/ Its just too tough to coordinate an event through a forum lol

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ach, only two people. Gonna try again at 22:00 local time, that´s 20:00 CMT. If there are no more members we´ll call it a day and try again another time...

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Its just too tough to coordinate an event through a forum lol

Yeah, no doubt. I´m sure at least a handful of people in the 100 and something in the crew would have liked to be in but didn´t even know.

Artymonqt
  • Artymonqt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, no doubt. I´m sure at least a handful of people in the 100 and something in the crew would have liked to be in but didn´t even know.

Exactly

NibbsTM
  • NibbsTM

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Sorry I didn't manage to be there, next one hopefully. :)

Barcelonic
  • Barcelonic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hi I love the look of this crew it's exactly what I've been after.

Before you say it I am from Wales and not from Spain like my username suggests (this is my PSN username also btw :) )

I have a pretty bad case of a sleeping disorder and am sadly not able to effectively schedule anything and it's likely i'd miss most of the meetups unless I happen to be on at the time. I'm hoping you'll still accept me in though. I love to race and I'm fed up of having to quit sessions because of people ramming me from the side.

There is always a certain level of heat in races and so some 'impromptu' aggression is to be expected and I deal with that just fine - I simply decelerate or brake while steadying my car in the correct direction and this often solves all but a deliberate sideways ram at high speeds - but the griefers are driving me insane (no pun intended).

My favourite race is Dow nThe Drain with Super cars and I also like the offroad biking on A Sign Of Things To Come. I really don't care for Criminal Records at all.

I'd love to find some new good races and so I need a crew who send good invites and know how to wait while the invites go out.

I'm joining now and you can all add me on PSN:  Barcelonic  - (put 'apex' in the text box so I know, thanks :) )

See you all in Los Santos!!  I'm at the RM Majestic Complex so let me know if we're neighbours!  :)

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

Awww man, sad the meet didn't really happen..

We really need to get the members on this thread...

Maybe we could do some kind of apex Stalkers promotional meet? Say, we have one of our guys host, and a few of the crew in, max of 10 maybe including host, then have 6 or so randoms in who we can show how we race and play, in the hopes if recruitment.
Mainly, because that way we could put it up on the online section and hopefully get some more attention

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hi I love the look of this crew it's exactly what I've been after.

Before you say it I am from Wales and not from Spain like my username suggests (this is my PSN username also btw :) )

I have a pretty bad case of a sleeping disorder and am sadly not able to effectively schedule anything and it's likely i'd miss most of the meetups unless I happen to be on at the time. I'm hoping you'll still accept me in though. I love to race and I'm fed up of having to quit sessions because of people ramming me from the side.

There is always a certain level of heat in races and so some 'impromptu' aggression is to be expected and I deal with that just fine - I simply decelerate or brake while steadying my car in the correct direction and this often solves all but a deliberate sideways ram at high speeds - but the griefers are driving me insane (no pun intended).

My favourite race is Dow nThe Drain with Super cars and I also like the offroad biking on A Sign Of Things To Come. I really don't care for Criminal Records at all.
I'd love to find some new good races and so I need a crew who send good invites and know how to wait while the invites go out.

I'm joining now and you can all add me on PSN:  Barcelonic  - (put 'apex' in the text box so I know, thanks :) )

See you all in Los Santos!!  I'm at the RM Majestic Complex so let me know if we're neighbours!  :)

Always happy to have new members. And yeah we'll always be up for a race whenever :)

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

For some reason not too many people from our crew are coming to this thread and following it, I know for a fact we have members on Xbox too, I see at least a few in free roam everyday. Maybe i'll start talking/sending them messages when I see them to let them know there will be a meet-up soon.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

For some reason not too many people from our crew are coming to this thread and following it, I know for a fact we have members on Xbox too, I see at least a few in free roam everyday. Maybe i'll start talking/sending them messages when I see them to let them know there will be a meet-up soon.

Yeah that would be good dude, I should be online in about a week to try chatting to people,
Would be good if you could organise an xbox meet

BlueKangaroo
  • BlueKangaroo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hey all. Joined a couple of days ago and met a few of you last night. Ill be racing this morning (uk time) for a few hours so look out for invites from me if youre free. Psn TheWiseRabbit

xScironx
  • xScironx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hi, just discovered this thread. I joined a few days ago and was hoping for some racing-action with 360-players, but seems that the majority in this crew are PS3-Guys. Haven't had much luck finding other Crew-Members online. Maybe it's the time-difference (i live in europe), or just the pure lack of 360-players. Anyway, if you're Apex und like some clean racing, just add me: xScironx

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hmmm I have heard of a sizeable crowd on xbox but it's definitely something we need to work on. More members the better

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by KimberJane, 29 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

I'd love to join if there is a group on the xbox, I love the racing aspect of it :)

I'm on xbox with the name Khaizarana74

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Got an idea for a future meeting that is worth a try. Organizing an elimination racing tournament would be outrageously hard, but I thought about a format much easier to follow, understand, and also to get going: endurance races.

We set a date, circuit and class, everyone interested in joining says it here. When day arrives, we meet, and get a 2 laps race going on in that circuit. We use the first to spread the field with big gaps between us, and the second lap to put on a hotlap. Everyone has a look at the best laps on post race chart, and looks for its position.

We repeat the race, this time with 20 laps or whatever number we feel it´s OK, use the first lap to get in our position (according to the order in our qualifying lap) and we do a rolling start as the second lap starts.

Advantages?

1) Easy to organize.

2) We get rid of start boost and first lap carnage chances decrease a lot.

3) We get rid of random starting grid positions.

4) Long race encourages cautious wheel to wheel action.

After the races I had last night with some crew members, I´m sure this would be a blast, and we have some skilled guys out there for sure to make this epic stuff.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'd love to join if there is a group on the xbox, I love the racing aspect of it :)

I'm on xbox with the name Khaizarana74

Great, yep we definitely have some xboxers here, welcome! Be sure to stay up to date with this thread. This is where we plan to organise events. For the community

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Got an idea for a future meeting that is worth a try. Organizing an elimination racing tournament would be outrageously hard, but I thought about a format much easier to follow, understand, and also to get going: endurance races.

We set a date, circuit and class, everyone interested in joining says it here. When day arrives, we meet, and get a 2 laps race going on in that circuit. We use the first to spread the field with big gaps between us, and the second lap to put on a hotlap. Everyone has a look at the best laps on post race chart, and looks for its position.

We repeat the race, this time with 20 laps or whatever number we feel it´s OK, use the first lap to get in our position (according to the order in our qualifying lap) and we do a rolling start as the second lap starts.

Advantages?

1) Easy to organize.
2) We get rid of start boost and first lap carnage chances decrease a lot.
3) We get rid of random starting grid positions.
4) Long race encourages cautious wheel to wheel action.

After the races I had last night with some crew members, I´m sure this would be a blast, and we have some skilled guys out there for sure to make this epic stuff.

This actually sounds really great man! You've put a lot of thought into it, I'm definitely down for it!
So say we start that second race, line up in the grid and take off in order with say 5 secs in between?
Epic!
May I suggest custom cars off though? I do love racing my coquette but just in the interest of fairness..

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:23 AM Edited by FasterThanYou, 29 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

So say we start that second race, line up in the grid and take off in order with say 5 secs in between?

I was thinking about a rolling start. Like a safety car restart. That way you don´t need countdowns or anything that can lead to mistakes on our part. Also we don´t have to form up on a grid which can be messy.

We get in the correct order in the first meters, the leader drives at a steady pace acting like a safety car for most of the first lap, and in the final part of the lap, he decides when to start pushing 100%, and everyone behind reacts as fast as possible. No passing is allowed until you cross the line for the first time.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I was thinking about a rolling start. Like a safety car restart. That way you don´t need countdowns or anything that can lead to mistakes on our part. Also we don´t have to form up on a grid which can be messy.

We get in the correct order in the first meters, the leader drives at a steady pace acting like a safety car for most of the first lap, and in the final part of the lap, he decides when to start pushing 100%, and everyone behind reacts as fast as possible. No passing is allowed until you cross the line for the first time.
Love it! So maybe if we set a specific point where we decide to give it everything, say a certain landmark 3quarters of the way around the circuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users