Photo

Merryweather Cargo Plane?

12 replies to this topic
webdevour
  • webdevour

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

So who remembers the mission where you fly the crop duster into the Merryweather Cargo Plane? Well towards the end when you have to ditch the plane, Ron says something about a dive operation to salvage the cargo...  But as far as I can remember it never comes up again in the story..  Am I mistaken?  Can you dive in the Alamo sea to recover it yourself?  Has anyone tried this yet?

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

yes you can dive there to get the cargo. 

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:53 AM Edited by Iroquois, 21 October 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Yea i went down there too but all i could find was the usual..armor, weapons, and a briefcase. I didnt find anything special though. I still dont understand the purpose of this mission and why they told us we could go down there to salvage. I was expecting some secret military weapon or something.

webdevour
  • webdevour

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yea i went down there too but all i could find was the usual..armor, weapons, and a briefcase. I didnt find anything special though. I still dont understand the purpose of this mission and why they told us we could go down there to salvage. I was expecting some secret military weapon or something.

How much money was in the briefcase?

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I know it isn't one of the hidden packages...11 of the 12 ARE found underwater, but those 11 are scattered around off the coastline and a couple are actually in the vicinity of the city, while the last one is in the Altruist camp. Guess I'll find out after I do that mission (if I ever get to it) lol.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

I know it isn't one of the hidden packages...11 of the 12 ARE found underwater, but those 11 are scattered around off the coastline and a couple are actually in the vicinity of the city, while the last one is in the Altruist camp. Guess I'll find out after I do that mission (if I ever get to it) lol.

I dont think it was a lot or i might of mistaken it for another plane somewhere else...point is there is not much down there..i was severely disappointed.

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

the mission was more like a setpiece showing Trevors failed existence on his own. the only thing you were supposed to accomplish on that mission was a sense of failure.

besides, a plane that big was not landing in McKenzie field anyways. wtf was Trevor thinking.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:35 PM Edited by aaronimpact, 23 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

So who remembers the mission where you fly the crop duster into the Merryweather Cargo Plane? Well towards the end when you have to ditch the plane, Ron says something about a dive operation to salvage the cargo...  But as far as I can remember it never comes up again in the story..  Am I mistaken?  Can you dive in the Alamo sea to recover it yourself?  Has anyone tried this yet?

A couple of missions later

Spoiler
After the mission ends you can borrow the dinghy you used in the mission as a getaway vehicle to drive it up the river (next to that army fort) back to the Alamo Sea.

Then use the scuba gear that you get from exiting a dinghy.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

The purpose of the mission was to receive the weapons on board the cargo plane and sell them to the cartel or w.e. It it goes terribly wrong and you know the rest.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Excuse me for eventual necrobumping, but it would be pointless to create a new one without using the search.

Did you find this a bit uncreative, when you actually land the plane on Sandy Shores airstrip or LS airport, its wings would just fall off and Trevor "dies"? Especially, when the landing gear touches the ground and the plane goes to full halt. It's like the game don't want to acknowledge your achievement, like for example, by Ron yelling to get out of the plane before they send in the military or the police on the ground?

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

There should have been 2 options

A. Ditch it, this makes weapons and stuff spawn in alamo

B. Land it then escape a 5 star.

If you do B the plane spawn at sandy shores.

Or LS airport for ALL characters

• Alvarez likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

There should have been 2 options

B. Land it then escape a 5 star.

The police surround the hatch, when a Merryweather Canis Mesa loaded with weapons rushes out, slamming the cruisers aside with swearing Trevor in the seat. A wild 5-star crosscountry hunt ensues. Christ, even that would be cool.

Jenia
  • Jenia

I pee like HowToBasic.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I expected some really cool military sh*t down there. Nope. Guns, armor, briefcase.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users