Quantcast

» «
Photo

Poll: Is Glitching GTAO OK?

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Glitching Morally Acceptable in GTAO? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Is glitching ok?

1. Yes (53 votes [50.48%])

Percentage of vote: 50.48%

2. No (52 votes [49.52%])

Percentage of vote: 49.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
tjj89
  • tjj89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Do you think glitching GTAO is ok?

Personally, I say no. Here is why:

It is morally wrong to take advantage of something that hurts the experience of another customer that played the way the game was intended. They shouldn't be allowed to walk around owning Los Santos while people that play the right way are left with a sh*tty experience.

NOTE: I don't know how to make a poll. Please leave a helpful comment instead of crucifying me in the comments. If you choose to be rude, please know that I don't care and you are only being negative to the task on hand.

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:04 AM Edited by iPsychoM, 21 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

What morality? This is a game. Glitch and cheat as much as you want, just dont troll other players.
I never glitched just because I haven't got time for it. I don't even have time to do missions.. If there would be a glitch that takes no time and gives loads of money I would do it without thinking about "morality"

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

..and when the glitching is fixed, if it will be fixed, everyone will be whining about cash card buyers.

tjj89
  • tjj89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

What morality? This is a game. Glitch and cheat as much as you want, just dont troll other players.
I never glitched just because I haven't got time for it. I don't even have time to do missions.. If there would be a glitch that takes no time and gives loads of money I would do it without thinking about "morality"

I think we can make the assertion that many glitchers with their shiny tanks are going to have a nice massacre on the players who played fairly. Single player it's fine because you can't ruin anyone else's experience.

This question is 100% based on morality. I'm asking whether or not it's morally acceptable, NOT whether or not you'd do it.

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

I do not and here is my reason why (quoted from a post I made on another site):

Yes but that doesn't mean you abuse it.
If you find a 0day in a bank's website, do you abuse it or report it?
Abusing it would come with great consequences that you should have known would happen.

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by iPsychoM, 21 October 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Acceptable if the one who glitched, doesn't troll me with his tank and gives me money because he's got loads of it.
Not acceptable if glitcher trolls everyone just because he is able to get tanks and jets bazookas and other expensive stuff.
Morality? Still don't understand what morality you talking about..

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:58 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 21 October 2013 - 09:00 AM.

I'll repeat something I said on another thread. When you cheat in an online game you are disrespecting the other players who are playing it legitimately. Respect, in my opinion, has to do with Ethos... or morality. GTA online is a world where you are all criminals competing for the biggest criminal career, or most successful one. Your success alone effects other players in the game world. When people are playing right and building their way up to the point they can own a tank. Thats cool. They SHOULD have that power... hell if they want to go rampage on us in a tank, go for it, you earned that sh*t. The line is drawn when people exploit their way that high. It is unfair for not only those who do not own tanks but also for those who worked their way up to that point. Their status becomes meaningless. 

I understand it is just a GAME; however, I feel that the moment you start to interact with other human beings (digitally or physically) morality and ethics comes into play. I agree with the OP's quote. I hope all glitchers and exploiters get whats coming and their sh*t deleted. 

Think about how cool games would be if nobody glitched or cheated. Things would be balanced (for the most part... I know there are those gamers who live in mommy's basement and play all day) but sh*t... they choose that path, they didnt log on and pop a code to get 1000000000 dollars, they farmed that sh*t. 

Also iPsychoM If you dont have time to play the game why did you buy it? I don't vibe with your "I dont have time to play it so I think I deserve a money boost to keep up with the people made time to play it" like for real bro?  I work a full time job with a lady at home (no kids yet) but sh*t I dont have a lot of time... I still got myself a low tier crib with a decent set of weaponry.... enough to compete atleast. Didnt take me too long, but sh*t Im not going to cheat for a tank just because I cant dedicate 30 hours a week to the game. Biggest bullsh*t excuse I have ever heard lol! 

And yo.... dont even fret, you will be gettin your 500k soon so just sit back wait and you will be up there with your high rise apartment and your fast sports car. Just don't stoop down to cheating on a multiplayer game. Go cheat on single player and have your random chaos fun. But dont do it in a world where it effects other people. 

Peace.

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:12 AM Edited by iPsychoM, 21 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

Bought the game so I can play it. And no I don't think I deserve a money boost. I am not looking for any excuse..
I just have nothing against cheaters and glitchers, as long as they don't bother me. It is not possible to have games without hackers. Same as real life. Its in human nature to cheat and lie. This is just the way of getting things the easiest way.
Cheaters I don't care untill they don't grief or troll and ruin other players gameplay.

iPsychoM
  • iPsychoM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:20 AM Edited by iPsychoM, 21 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Who would you rather play with? With the one who glitched to get money, but is not griefing, and being friendly and helpfull to other players, or the one who grinded his tanks and high gear and only plays the game to piss off and troll others?

tjj89
  • tjj89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Who would you rather play with? With the one who glitched to get money, but is not griefing, and being friendly and helpfull to other players, or the one who grinded his tanks and high gear and only plays the game to piss off and troll others?

You say this like there are more than 1% of glitchers who don't deliberately go and f*ck sh*t up for no reason.

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

It's fine with me, personally I don't and never will.  I have been part of the Forza community since the xbox original.  Since Forza 4 the community has been hardcore about banning.  I learned my lesson through watching others fail.  I don't expect R* to come down on people like Turn10 but I expect bans to happen, I am not particularly happy about it, but they have money on people not cheating and when it comes down to it, they will likely ban people.  I have heard about people with tanks etc destroying lobbies, I have been playing for some time and have not once seen a tank yet, although I think I heard one the other day.  If someone is ruining a lobby move to another, or start a closed session with your friends.  I don't think people are going to get banned for ruining the game, they are going to get banned for what will be interpretted as stealing from R*.  With the cash cards R* has a vested interest in the game economy not going off the rails.  If there is tons of free money out there they can't extort new people (an old) into easy cash if they have real cash to spend.  Also if the ban someone through microsoft, if the person wants to play again, they might have to buy a new console, and change their gamer tag and sign up for more Xbox gold, etc.  They can make money off of banning people.  If I were you I would not glitch, just not worth it, did you buy the game to play or cheat?  If the latter, you "could" end up paying real money to keep playing.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Depends on the game. In games with progression systems, absolutely.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I don't like progression systems. I play the game for the game. Not to unlock junk. When I hit the point where there is no real point in getting more stuff, I'll probably just be the "Angel of R*" and try to help people.

For the record: I don't glitch.

god84
  • god84

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'll repeat something I said on another thread. When you cheat in an online game you are disrespecting the other players who are playing it legitimately. Respect, in my opinion, has to do with Ethos... or morality. GTA online is a world where you are all criminals competing for the biggest criminal career, or most successful one. Your success alone effects other players in the game world. When people are playing right and building their way up to the point they can own a tank. Thats cool. They SHOULD have that power... hell if they want to go rampage on us in a tank, go for it, you earned that sh*t. The line is drawn when people exploit their way that high. It is unfair for not only those who do not own tanks but also for those who worked their way up to that point. Their status becomes meaningless. 

I understand it is just a GAME; however, I feel that the moment you start to interact with other human beings (digitally or physically) morality and ethics comes into play. I agree with the OP's quote. I hope all glitchers and exploiters get whats coming and their sh*t deleted. 

Think about how cool games would be if nobody glitched or cheated. Things would be balanced (for the most part... I know there are those gamers who live in mommy's basement and play all day) but sh*t... they choose that path, they didnt log on and pop a code to get 1000000000 dollars, they farmed that sh*t. 

Also iPsychoM If you dont have time to play the game why did you buy it? I don't vibe with your "I dont have time to play it so I think I deserve a money boost to keep up with the people made time to play it" like for real bro?  I work a full time job with a lady at home (no kids yet) but sh*t I dont have a lot of time... I still got myself a low tier crib with a decent set of weaponry.... enough to compete atleast. Didnt take me too long, but sh*t Im not going to cheat for a tank just because I cant dedicate 30 hours a week to the game. Biggest bullsh*t excuse I have ever heard lol! 

And yo.... dont even fret, you will be gettin your 500k soon so just sit back wait and you will be up there with your high rise apartment and your fast sports car. Just don't stoop down to cheating on a multiplayer game. Go cheat on single player and have your random chaos fun. But dont do it in a world where it effects other people. 

Peace.

theres a few points i agree with in there. BUT theres one that annoys me a bit.

COMPETING. If you think this is some form of competition then YOU are playing it in a serious manner which to me isnt what GTA is about!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

as opposed to buying cash cards..

exactly, now shut up

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by riksterinto, 21 October 2013 - 05:24 PM.

So many people use the cash cards as an excuse to glitch but realistically the cash cards aren't going to get you much.  Most people would never spend the real money required to become multi millionaires in the game.  They might have purchased one cash card to get their favourite super car or help with a purchase of a tank or chopper. 

The most expensive cash card only gives you 1.2 million which is enough to get a single Adder and some customizations or help towards the purchase of an attack chopper or tank. 

Simple logic and economics that brainless glithcers can't understand.

Kazarkas
  • Kazarkas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

This game is so far gone I don't think it matters.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

It is morally wrong to take advantage of something that hurts the experience of another customer that played the way the game was intended. They shouldn't be allowed to walk around owning Los Santos while people that play the right way are left with a sh*tty experience.

NOTE: I don't know how to make a poll. Please leave a helpful comment instead of crucifying me in the comments. If you choose to be rude, please know that I don't care and you are only being negative to the task on hand.

How are you left with a crappy experience because another player has more fake money and fake real estate than you do? 

You are the sort of person who's jealous of others with anything you consider better than whatever it is you own. Aren't you? You're what I call a "one-upper". You're never happy until you have a better car, house, etc than the other guy.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

They payed for the game, they do what they want, they only should patch it, mainly invincibility glitch.

• gnad1992 likes this

tjj89
  • tjj89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

How are you left with a crappy experience because another player has more fake money and fake real estate than you do? 

You are the sort of person who's jealous of others with anything you consider better than whatever it is you own. Aren't you? You're what I call a "one-upper". You're never happy until you have a better car, house, etc than the other guy.

So if I glitched for a tank and just ran you over with it at spawn repeatedly, would that be a great experience? You are what I call an idiot. Misconstruing what I wrote as me wanting more, when I obviously state all I want is a fair, equal chance. 

If I paid $60, and my experience was ruined by another customer playing unfairly, I am not in the wrong to be disappointed.

tjj89
  • tjj89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by gnad1992, 22 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.

My reasons to glitch for money:

Rockstar trolled us on single player with few cheats, 5 min invencibility, psychic cops that kills your for LOOKING AT THEM, etc.

Online:

$25,000 horn for your car

+$10,000 tattoo

+$12,000 for a silencer

+$10,000 for car paint

Getting paid $1,000 for jobs that you risk your life (getting coke to that f*cktard Gerald)

I'm waiting for Heists DLC, but I'm glitching in the meanwhile. Stupid cockstar can burn in hell with their cash cards.

And I can't wait to know how much are we getting paid after Heists. I doubt they'll pay more than $1,000,000.... but I hope they do.

About the God Mode glitch, they should patch this ASAP, this is so f*cked up.

• EXC gunsblazin likes this

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

No, all glitch abusing is bad, A glitch is a unintended fault with the game, abusing that fault to gain an advantage is wrong, no matter what you gain from it.

• tjj89 likes this

LucasTehNoob
  • LucasTehNoob

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

I wouldnt exactly say it is bad if you glitch.

Unless you were f*cked over multiple times, Like I glitch cause I lost 2 lv 50 characters when the whole "cloud" was down, Complete BS imo.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

I don't have a problem with it unless your using it to rampage other players. For me the biggest issue is there is so little incentive to play legitly. You have nearly everyone running around with the most expensive weaponry (tanks etc) and then on top of that you have Rockstar nerfing all the payouts and doing all kinds of weird stuff. Plus on top of that the prices for simple purchases like gun upgrades etc is really high

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

A lot of people will argue that it's just fake money and there is no advantage to having it in the game but that is not true.  Matchmaking uses rank as one factor to try and put players together.  Those of us who have played legit have had to make decisions on what we buy because it's not possible to buy everything as soon as you unlock it.  People who have glitched money can buy everything available to them which does give them an unfair advantage in the game.  The individual items that you can buy only offer very small advantage in the game but combine all of them together and it creates an imbalance. 

Don't use the cash cards as an excuse either because $20 real money would have only given a player $1.2 million.  Simple economics and logic tells you that would not have caused any major imbalance.

Also, because of all this glitching, R* is now wasting resources to fix these things and roll out cheater pools when they could be using those resources to create new content and fix more fundamental issues.

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Its a beta game on beta servers made by a games company that ALWAYS include cheats into the game.

So it is morally wrong to glitch in a game but not shoot,run over or even blow innocent civilians up?

It is not the glitchers that are reducing payouts because cash cards are not selling.

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by cfrostyscriv, 22 October 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Oh and before you say but we are the same level but the glitcher has more money, how about you save some money and then create a new character, Low level character but shared bank account, now who has the advantage.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I don't think we can really discuss morality in a game with hookers, drug dealers, theft, and murdering. Morality went out the window years ago. If they would have tested it out then glitching wouldn't even be a discussion right now.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I don't have a problem with it unless your using it to rampage other players. For me the biggest issue is there is so little incentive to play legitly. You have nearly everyone running around with the most expensive weaponry (tanks etc) and then on top of that you have Rockstar nerfing all the payouts and doing all kinds of weird stuff. Plus on top of that the prices for simple purchases like gun upgrades etc is really high

Exactly!!

There is no incentive to play legitly at all, missions and jobs don't pay much, and everything else is expensive as f*ck!!! I still can't believe you gotta pay $25,000 for the dukes of hazzard horn!!

f*ck cockstar, I'm glitching the sh*t out of it until they patch it again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users