Photo

Don't expect GTA 6 until 2020+

42 replies to this topic
NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

I don't really care how long it takes. I'm very excited to see what Rockstar will do with the next-gen consoles. The size of the map will be tremendous, and I hope they include multiple cities like SA. They should (and probably will) bring back Vice City, and if was thinking maybe New Orleans would make a nice location as a smaller town aside from the big cities, even though it's not that close to Miami.

I'm leaning towards the fact that R* may have heard people's wish and complaints. On SA for PS2 the map felt like you actually had a concrete destination. There were 3 cities to travel to and from.

V's map is great. Very nice to look at. But only one city and a countryside you just do a big loop around is kind of =(

GTA VI needs more than one city. More than 1 main airport. To do this however they will need a map that is 2-4x the size of GTA V's entire area with about 50x more detail.(Phew get crackin' R* lol) Within the next few months they will no doubt already have a location set internally and extremely early map designs being made. This was the case with IV to V. V ideas started not long after IV shipped. Let's hope for the best.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Long time it takes, better will be for the game. V is an example.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

TL;WIDR

Too long; wish I didn't read.

CannaBitch
  • CannaBitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

I want it now ! =D 

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

I guess they were starting project of GTA VI in 2016. Because now they were busy with GTA online.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

TL;WIDR

Too long; wish I didn't read.

sh*t you're funny. Is that part of routine? Nah I'm just kidding, you're awful.

But for everyone else I'm glad you're taking this point and giving in your two cents. Discussion is key! I can understand some have been saying how 2020 seems unrealistic, but it's 2013 already. It's only really SEVEN YEARS, which to be honest doesn't seem like much at all. And when you think about it, Rockstar can easily turn around and decide to start working on GTA VI tomorrow. I think they'll need ideas more than anything. They can't rehash GTA V, they'll want to add lots of new features.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

If we have to wait 7 years for the next GTA then we would only have one gta for this entire generation

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

Rockstar isnt one BIG studio. Its many smaller studios. Gta is produced by rockstar north. Its safe to say that the other games rockstar makes inbetween now and gta 6 isnt produced by rockstar north unless its a new bully or manhunt which is very unlikely. Gta vi may already be in the works. At least story being written and what not.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I guess it will be out from 2017 to 2020. They're still patching GTA: Online, they're going to release a new story DLC next year, they're developing Agent and probably Bully 2. But they're multiple studios. R* Leeds could be developing a portable console GTA.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I guess it will be out from 2017 to 2020. They're still patching GTA: Online, they're going to release a new story DLC next year, they're developing Agent and probably Bully 2. But they're multiple studios. R* Leeds could be developing a portable console GTA.

I love this comment...exactly,for example GTA Liberty City Stories,GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars was a collaboration between Rockstar Leeds and (the GTA series creators Rockstar North) except Chinatown Wars was not on PS 2 like it two portable predecessors.I am sure Rockstar leeds is getting another permission from Rockstar North to make another GTA spinoff and that should be later 2014/early 2015 seeing that GTA 5 and GTA Online are the main focus plus GTA 5 getting story Expansions next year.I hope Rockstar leed could get the right to do a GTA spinoff set in Carcer City.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by Vanto, 29 December 2013 - 07:15 PM.

I love this comment...exactly,for example GTA Liberty City Stories,GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars was a collaboration between Rockstar Leeds and (the GTA series creators Rockstar North) except Chinatown Wars was not on PS 2 like it two portable predecessors.I am sure Rockstar leeds is getting another permission from Rockstar North to make another GTA spinoff and that should be later 2014/early 2015 seeing that GTA 5 and GTA Online are the main focus plus GTA 5 getting story Expansions next year.I hope Rockstar leed could get the right to do a GTA spinoff set in Carcer City.

I don't think a possible spin-off would come in later 2014 or early 2015, instead, it could be announced in autumn 2015 and released one year later. R* Leeds would need help from R* North, and, as I mentioned before, they're very busy, even if just 10 people from R* North help doing a portable console GTA.

And for the portable console GTA, I don't think they're developing or are going to develop a portable console GTA because:

1. The PSVita and the 3DS aren't so popular to make a portable console GTA.

2. They won't make a smartphone-exclusive GTA.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

If I remember correctly, R* started shooting V in 2010, 1 year after Episodes From Liberty City. That means, if R* doesn't have any Story DLC Ideas, they will probably start shooting VI sometimes in 2014/2015, that means we will see VI sometimes between 2017/2019.

PS: I hope they will release a story DLC with only 1 protag, maybe a character from The Lost MC, or a Chines guy.

From 2010 to 2011 (first trailer) they already got map, improved engine etc. - about 2 years. They planned to release GTA V in spring 2013 which is about 3 years for SP but they had to improve GTA:O and/or wait to September for better sales.

So, 3 years to: create map, improve engine (weather, underwater world, graphics, AI, texture mapping, removing many many bugs and glitches, improve character movement), implement planes, creating GTA:O and THEN optimize all that to current-gen consoles

Let's say they will start next GTA in 2015 with already improved engine graphics etc. and better tools they use, it will take up to 3 years which is 2018, not that bad

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'd say 2017. They made too much money with V not to follow it up with another fairly soon. The next title from them will probably be RDR 3 or Bully 2, both of which have been referenced by R* or T2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users