Photo

Don't expect GTA 6 until 2020+

57 replies to this topic
NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

I don't really care how long it takes. I'm very excited to see what Rockstar will do with the next-gen consoles. The size of the map will be tremendous, and I hope they include multiple cities like SA. They should (and probably will) bring back Vice City, and if was thinking maybe New Orleans would make a nice location as a smaller town aside from the big cities, even though it's not that close to Miami.

I'm leaning towards the fact that R* may have heard people's wish and complaints. On SA for PS2 the map felt like you actually had a concrete destination. There were 3 cities to travel to and from.

V's map is great. Very nice to look at. But only one city and a countryside you just do a big loop around is kind of =(

GTA VI needs more than one city. More than 1 main airport. To do this however they will need a map that is 2-4x the size of GTA V's entire area with about 50x more detail.(Phew get crackin' R* lol) Within the next few months they will no doubt already have a location set internally and extremely early map designs being made. This was the case with IV to V. V ideas started not long after IV shipped. Let's hope for the best.

• Mister Pink likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Long time it takes, better will be for the game. V is an example.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

TL;WIDR

Too long; wish I didn't read.

CannaBitch
  • CannaBitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

I want it now ! =D 

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

I guess they were starting project of GTA VI in 2016. Because now they were busy with GTA online.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

TL;WIDR

Too long; wish I didn't read.

sh*t you're funny. Is that part of routine? Nah I'm just kidding, you're awful.

But for everyone else I'm glad you're taking this point and giving in your two cents. Discussion is key! I can understand some have been saying how 2020 seems unrealistic, but it's 2013 already. It's only really SEVEN YEARS, which to be honest doesn't seem like much at all. And when you think about it, Rockstar can easily turn around and decide to start working on GTA VI tomorrow. I think they'll need ideas more than anything. They can't rehash GTA V, they'll want to add lots of new features.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

If we have to wait 7 years for the next GTA then we would only have one gta for this entire generation

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

Rockstar isnt one BIG studio. Its many smaller studios. Gta is produced by rockstar north. Its safe to say that the other games rockstar makes inbetween now and gta 6 isnt produced by rockstar north unless its a new bully or manhunt which is very unlikely. Gta vi may already be in the works. At least story being written and what not.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I guess it will be out from 2017 to 2020. They're still patching GTA: Online, they're going to release a new story DLC next year, they're developing Agent and probably Bully 2. But they're multiple studios. R* Leeds could be developing a portable console GTA.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I guess it will be out from 2017 to 2020. They're still patching GTA: Online, they're going to release a new story DLC next year, they're developing Agent and probably Bully 2. But they're multiple studios. R* Leeds could be developing a portable console GTA.

I love this comment...exactly,for example GTA Liberty City Stories,GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars was a collaboration between Rockstar Leeds and (the GTA series creators Rockstar North) except Chinatown Wars was not on PS 2 like it two portable predecessors.I am sure Rockstar leeds is getting another permission from Rockstar North to make another GTA spinoff and that should be later 2014/early 2015 seeing that GTA 5 and GTA Online are the main focus plus GTA 5 getting story Expansions next year.I hope Rockstar leed could get the right to do a GTA spinoff set in Carcer City.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by Vanto, 29 December 2013 - 07:15 PM.

I love this comment...exactly,for example GTA Liberty City Stories,GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars was a collaboration between Rockstar Leeds and (the GTA series creators Rockstar North) except Chinatown Wars was not on PS 2 like it two portable predecessors.I am sure Rockstar leeds is getting another permission from Rockstar North to make another GTA spinoff and that should be later 2014/early 2015 seeing that GTA 5 and GTA Online are the main focus plus GTA 5 getting story Expansions next year.I hope Rockstar leed could get the right to do a GTA spinoff set in Carcer City.

I don't think a possible spin-off would come in later 2014 or early 2015, instead, it could be announced in autumn 2015 and released one year later. R* Leeds would need help from R* North, and, as I mentioned before, they're very busy, even if just 10 people from R* North help doing a portable console GTA.

And for the portable console GTA, I don't think they're developing or are going to develop a portable console GTA because:

1. The PSVita and the 3DS aren't so popular to make a portable console GTA.

2. They won't make a smartphone-exclusive GTA.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

If I remember correctly, R* started shooting V in 2010, 1 year after Episodes From Liberty City. That means, if R* doesn't have any Story DLC Ideas, they will probably start shooting VI sometimes in 2014/2015, that means we will see VI sometimes between 2017/2019.

PS: I hope they will release a story DLC with only 1 protag, maybe a character from The Lost MC, or a Chines guy.

From 2010 to 2011 (first trailer) they already got map, improved engine etc. - about 2 years. They planned to release GTA V in spring 2013 which is about 3 years for SP but they had to improve GTA:O and/or wait to September for better sales.

So, 3 years to: create map, improve engine (weather, underwater world, graphics, AI, texture mapping, removing many many bugs and glitches, improve character movement), implement planes, creating GTA:O and THEN optimize all that to current-gen consoles

Let's say they will start next GTA in 2015 with already improved engine graphics etc. and better tools they use, it will take up to 3 years which is 2018, not that bad

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'd say 2017. They made too much money with V not to follow it up with another fairly soon. The next title from them will probably be RDR 3 or Bully 2, both of which have been referenced by R* or T2.

FultonGameZ
  • FultonGameZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

VI should be the entire state of Florida, including Vice City (of course), along with parodies of Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, etc. plus lots of towns/smaller cities, countryside and of course Everglades in between. Perhaps it could go even further into the Southeast including Atlanta, Savannah, Charleston, etc.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

I don't think I'll give a sh*t about GTA VI anyway. I mean I'll be in college, I'll have a job, and during my free time I'd probably be out and about as opposed to playing video games. I mean I won't completely stop gaming but the only reason I do it now is because I have nothing else better to do. I'll probably avoid VI news and pick the game up from Game Stop one day, completely oblivious to what it has to offer. I did that with IV and well, maybe that's why it was such an experience for me.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

So we're supposed to believe someone who posts a new thread without any information to back it up? Don't get me wrong, I believe the next Grand Theft Auto will take awhile to come out, but R* isn't just one small team that only works on one game at a time. I'm sure they've got some plans for future games like a Red Dead sequel, maybe a Bully sequel, DLC, and games we aren't even aware of.

Bro, give us facts before saying "R* said this, I know because I speculated this".

GN 1992
  • GN 1992

aka gnad.1992

• GTAF Crew
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

I'm pretty happy with the PS4 version of V, so I'm looking for the new Red Dead and Bully. I really hope they'll release them before GTA VI, I remember back in 2006 the HYPE for Bully was gigantic... and we never got a sequel. I say give us Bully 2 (not a 13 years old teen, but a 18~20 years old dude), and then a new Red Dead.

After that, bring GTA VI. That's just my opinion.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

Rockstar can take as long as they want. Rather a long, enduring trek over steep highlands to find buried gold, than sprinting round the corner to find a broken shed built by a con artist. Provided the next Read Dead is certain, and it delivers, that'll be something new to sink my teeth into.

• The Deadite likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:44 AM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 16 January 2015 - 07:45 AM.

I call this an unrelastic estimate. I don't think that Take2 would be willing to not release a new major GTA game in the next 4 years, that's, between 2015 and 2019. It's where they gain most of their revenue, so taking this supposed 7 years break would eventually hurt their businuess.

MentalPX
  • MentalPX

Paranoid Lunatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

They said they weren't focusing on GTA 6 because they were going to expand GTA Online first.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

is breá liom é

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:08 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 16 January 2015 - 10:08 AM.

I call this an unrelastic estimate. I don't think that Take2 would be willing to not release a new major GTA game in the next 4 years, that's, between 2015 and 2019. It's where they gain most of their revenue, so taking this supposed 7 years break would eventually hurt their businuess.

How is it unrealistic and how will it hurt their business? If anything a "hiatus" will have the game in even more demand and will probably break records again.

I wont be surprised if don't see a GTA until well in to the current gen's life cycle even towards the latter half. I'm going to guess around 2020 or 2021 and the consoles will be out about 6/7 years by then.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I hope GTA 6 will be released before 2020,but I would also like more if they take time to make GTA 6 the best GTA so far than to rush with releasing it and make a bad game.I also hope we see some other games by R* like sequels for RDR,LA Noire or Bully soon,as well as some story DLC for GTA 5,something like what GTA TLAD and TBOGT were for GTA 4.

GrindoLindo
  • GrindoLindo

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:00 PM Edited by GrindoLindo, 16 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

so pc version should be ready by year 3000.

but seriously...i hope they close the gap between console & pc releases for once. the stupid delay because of consoles is annoying.

if only developers realised consoles aren't the only gaming platform.

I used to have several game series i was into but they've all be brutally raped and beaten to death by stupid developers turning them "casual" and easy to play...

farcry - ruined (orginal and xbox island games were good and then they became openworld with camp villians and boring gameplay)

battlefield - ruined (1942-2142 classics, then they changed to a sh*t engine, crap dlc, no mods, fake large maps with tiny combat areas)

crysis - ruined (crysis & warhead were good but the rest became linear straight path shooters)

red faction - ruined (1st was classic, 2nd rubbish, 3rd was good but mostly empty terrain, 3rd instead of 1st person :( 4th sorta like 1st game but way too short, at least it got a 1st person mod)

not happy. consoles ruin pc games.

at least gta hasn't become crap (yet) just they keep pissing off the pc crowd by milking the console crowd dry before releasing the pc games.

remember there was several months gap between gta 3 on ps2 & pc and we had to wait nearly a year for IV on the pc.

end rant....ah that's better.

Earleys
  • Earleys

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

I don't think that's bad, as long as they keep making some content at least up to the announcement for the next GTA. I'd say it will get announced in 2018 or 2019, which seems about as long as the time between GTA IV and GTA V, but we'll see.

We all know Rockstar likes to take their time with their games, so it might be correct.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

I don't think the shareholders will let go as far as 2020.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

Based on the way things are going, I don't doubt that theory.

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

I dont see VI taking that long.

I could see VI running off the same Engine as V.
with a New Fresh World, New gameplay mechanics, smarter AI, higher AI count

add some key features

-Chinatown Wars Drug Dealings (Fleshed out with Levels... Imagine buying a Boat or Plane just to traffic)

-GTA2 Gang Reputation System

-Realistic Health Settings ... Balancing Players with AI would be like upping the Online player count

-Greater Risks, Greater Rewards

-Some wild features like Pets online, more Ped Interactions, bodyguards etc. (instead of sending a mugger, you send your Tiger or some sh*t)

GtaV is great, but it has kinda left a void in my soul. feels like things were left out... I can honestly say Im ready for GTAVI

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

Oh... the excesses of Vice City... Sex, Moneyand Drugs.... thats what people want and that's what they will get. Modern day Vice City will be way better than L.A. Miami is much diverse than L.A. can't wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users