Photo

It Annoys Me.

15 replies to this topic
BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

I've visited the VCS a section quite a bit. And when people complain about the new buildings, empires, etc.... In VCS I laugh when they say it ruined VC.

VCS- 84
VC- 86

Hmmm.... You people can do the math, If any game was ruined it would be VC. Of course I'm not hating on VC or Tommey, love the game and Tommey is a complete badass :).

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I've visited the VCS a section quite a bit. And when people complain about the new buildings, empires, etc.... In VCS I laugh when they say it ruined VC.

VCS- 84
VC- 86

Hmmm.... You people can do the math, If any game was ruined it would be VC. Of course I'm not hating on VC or Tommey, love the game and Tommey is a complete badass :).

Not entirley sure the point you are trying to make, and what do the numbers at the side of each title suppose to represesnt?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

The year each game "took place"

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

VCS- 84
VC- 86

Exactly, except Tommey wasn't badass and VC was an empty game.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:03 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 22 October 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Exactly, except Tommey wasn't badass and VC was an empty game.

Whoa! Now. I wouldn't say that.

(@ HODGEY)
Look at Spuds post.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

So - VCS should have been set after VC, or have I completely misunderstood?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

So - VCS should have been set after VC, or have I completely misunderstood?

VCS was took place/set before VC.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

I know but am I right in saying you thought it should have been set after so VC wasn't 'ruined'?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

No I'm trying to claim that VCS is the original VC. and all the new buildings that were in VC ruined the game.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I much prefer 86s' rendition of Vice City. Sure, both versions are great in their own ways, but I felt that VCS was lacking some of the VC's uniqueness, particularly few iconic locations such as Malibu club.

I don't think that neither of these games are ruined, but I and apparently most of the people prefer 86s Vice City. I love both games, but VC has something which VCS doesn't.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

No I'm trying to claim that VCS is the original VC. and all the new buildings that were in VC ruined the game.

That's some bullsh*t. How in the hell accessible Malibu Club, Pole Position or Washington Mall ruined the game? They add more to the atmosphere rather then ruining it. 

City from VCS was great with all these neon glimpsing and shining in the sky, but some of the bussinesses looked a bit tacky, especially dropped here and there. In addition all these iconic buildings were closed, which was a bit sad (almost every bussiness site started its jon in 85?). Only building I miss in VC is the Mendez Building.

• skills likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

VC's rendition will always be the superior one to me. It has the 80s vibe Scarface has whilst VCS feels a bit corny with the heavy use of neons and the lack of an enterable Malibu Club, Pole Position etc is a big no-no.

VCS itself is a good game, but it's like one of those sequels that use lesser known actors to a blockbuster hit just not quite reaching the level of the original. 
  • skills likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

While I do prefer the original Vice City for it's story and characters, Vice City Stories is definitely a worthy followup. The Empire Building system was implemented very well and the soundtrack is just as great, if not better.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

And the lack of an enterable Malibu Club, Pole Position etc is a big no-no.

Maybe because they didn't have the technology that 86 had.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by Tycek, 26 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

What? Because as everybody knows 1984 is still in dark ages. Vinyls, light bulbs and nickel plated pipes will be invented in 1985.  

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

And the lack of an enterable Malibu Club, Pole Position etc is a big no-no.

Maybe because they didn't have the technology that 86 had.

Yes, that is right. All the technology of this world was invented between 1984 and 1986.

• skills likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users