Quantcast

» «
Photo

Perhaps the best "Psychic Cop" story yet.

17 replies to this topic
x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 21 October 2013 - 12:11 AM.

I'm sure we all know that the cops in this game are absolutely ridiculous. Do so much as THINK about committing a crime, and you will instantly receive a wanted level. But just now, I think I found out just how supernatural the spidey-senses of the LSPD are.

I took a submarine almost 2 MILES OFF THE COAST. I dove to a depth of 400 FEET, and scuttled the ship with a C4 charge I had placed on the hatch. Within 5 SECONDS (I sh*t you not), the LSPD knew and I received a star.

- 400 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean.

- 2+ miles away from ANY kind of police unit.

- An explosion that was nearly inaudible to ME (and I was right near the detonation), was instantly heard by the Blaine County Sheriff's Dept. And of course, they knew that Michael DeSanta was the man responsible. lol

• Android likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

''We see it all, we know it all''

• TJGM and Loxley like this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

These cops remind me of the guards in Oblivion. Worse maybe, as you can get the cops called on you for just standing around a ped.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Rockstar programmed the cops to make sure that they respond quickly to any crime you do despite people already bitching about how that was already annoying in IV. Yup, that is Rockstar logic, people bitch about a feature, so make it worse. But then again this is the same police department that shoots dogs in vain. :pp

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

I wish there was an option to tie the officers all up and flip them off one by one

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by King Kapone, 21 October 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Well, look at it this way. If someone exploded a submarine two miles off the coast of practically anywhere in our country, some sort of military radar would immediately pick up on it. They would put one and one together at some point and figure out what happened. Just in V, this process is a little more instantaneous. I mean, would it make more sense for you have rigged the sub to blow and get the wanted star for it several in-game days later with a message popping up "You are wanted for 'Submarine Explosion'!"

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

It's almost as if R* have disdain for us, their customers who ultimately pay their wages, they even set the invincibility cheat to only work for 5 minutes.

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

This is Rockstar's payback.

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

LMFAO...wow that is pretty bad!!! LOL...I've gotten a 1 star wanted level just for standing next to a woman smoking a cigarette!

I can't believe Rockstar didnt notice this while testing the game!...I mean seriously, a game that's based on crime and we could barely commit any crime at all!!!

Kabuki777
  • Kabuki777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Maybe it's meant to depict how life is going the totalitarian way and everyone is a snitch.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Tally target, weapon away.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well, look at it this way. If someone exploded a submarine two miles off the coast of practically anywhere in our country, some sort of military radar would immediately pick up on it. They would put one and one together at some point and figure out what happened. Just in V, this process is a little more instantaneous. I mean, would it make more sense for you have rigged the sub to blow and get the wanted star for it several in-game days later with a message popping up "You are wanted for 'Submarine Explosion'!"

I don't think making cops more realistic is answer to the problem lol if they made cops more realistic, a one-star rating would be everyone's demise. 

The cops don't give up a search on someone who disappears from view for 30 seconds. And for ANY pursuit, you WILL see spike strips very early on. And forget getting out of murder charges with a bribe. More like, "you committed a murder? Congrats. Trevor was executed at Los Santos Super-Max Penitentiary, and you can never play as him again." :p

riki2cool
  • riki2cool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by riki2cool, 21 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

IMHO The whole AI system in V is sh*t. Some npc runs me over, when I then try to get out of the road he hits me again. Then he just drives away.

What the hell happened to npcs getting out of the car and checking if you're okay ad they did in IV.
The npcs standing around the scen even reacted to the accident. What did R* do?

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

The police wouldn't be responding to an incident like that, even if the military or a random marine biologist/oceanographer/whatever picked it up on sonar. It would be the Coast Guard coming to check it out, and only if it registered enough unusual sonar activity to justify deploying a boat/ship and scuba divers to the area.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

OP that is stupid but not surprising 

My worst was getting a star as Franklin JUST FOR STANDING next to the blokes on Chilliad - about to use the telescope - then it went to 2 stars because I drove off  :/

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by JordantheJew13, 21 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

I like how in GTA online, someone near me had just lost a wanted level so there were cops in the area. I was in passive mode and on my phone about to deposit about $10,000 in my bank from a mission I had recently completed, when all of the sudden, a cop walks up to me says something along the lines of "You looking for trouble a**hole?" so I figured I should be okay because: A) I'm not doing anything wrong, B) I'm in the pause menu and C) I'm in passive mode. Boy was I wrong. Exactly two seconds later I hear "I f*cking warned you!" and get shot and killed instantly. Goodbye $12,000 (my money+what you lost when you died before they patched it to $500).

Why. 

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

During moments of boredom I like to turn on invincibility, go up to a biker/street gang and harass them until they all get cheesed off and start shooting me, then stand there & call the cops so they turn up and have a shootout.

But one time I had an NPC trying to beat me up, so put on invincibility and called the cops, but when they arrived they did nothing except get back in their car and drive off, all the time with an NPC hitting me whilst I just stood there. WTF? If I hit an NPC in view of a cop I'd get an immediate wanted star.

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

I revved (R2 + R1) my car in a stoplight, 1 star wanted. dafuq? I think the V protags are the most hated in the GTA universe.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

These cops remind me of the guards in Oblivion. Worse maybe, as you can get the cops called on you for just standing around a ped.

hqdefault.jpg

I do agree though, the LSPD can be really annoying at times. Rockstar needs to fix them up a bit.

• TJGM likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users