Photo

PSP or PSVita?

17 replies to this topic
Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thinking about getting a handhold just to relive a nostalgic LCS and VCS experience plus the fact I don't use my PS3 and my PS2s in the garage so I was thinking of getting either a PSP or PSVita.

Which is better.... I'm mainly going to be using it for GTA but I might be tempted to try out different games (always a possibility, yet slim).

I heard there's big differences between them and those reviews are just annoying so can anyone provide a tl;dr review/specs? :)

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

PSP is a small ps2 and Vita is a ps3, but this isnt about spec here the problem with PSV is that there are no much good games but that may change in the future . So if you have $ and PSV wont be big deal for your wallet then take it if you want something cheeper buy psp.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

I've always loved my PSP but I sold it because I needed the money. If you're wanting to play next-gen games or games of similar quality, though, I'd recommend a PS Vita, just because the PS4 is going to be compatible with the Vita like the PS3 was. You'll have the ability to play certain titles on the Vita just like you would on the PS4.

gta1324
  • gta1324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

PSP is a small ps2 and Vita is a ps3, but this isnt about spec here the problem with PSV is that there are no much good games but that may change in the future . So if you have $ and PSV wont be big deal for your wallet then take it if you want something cheeper buy psp.

really? the psp is good as the ps2 hardware wise but not graphics wise. 

psv definenty ps3. later there is going to be a ps3 emulator on the psv

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

really? the psp is good as the ps2 hardware wise but not graphics wise. 

psv definenty ps3. later there is going to be a ps3 emulator on the psv

PS3 emulator on PSV? source?

if that's really true then should I cancel my plans to buy PS3 and but PSV instead?

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by AB0333, 22 October 2013 - 05:00 PM.

I own a PSP, but considering all this crazy sh*t going with smartphones, I think it's useless nowadays.

PSP has a weak processor (333 MHz), and after you realize that modern phones roll with GB or two, PSP pretty much lost its function.

About Vita, idk, ask those who have it.

wtf is wrong with this font and message posting?

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I bought VCS when it was very first released on PSP and it had loads of problems. The biggest one is when you are driving and the city takes time to load, very hard to complete some of the stunt jumps in the water when the ramps don't load until you're almost there.

I would say on the Vita it's got to be fixed.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

PSP is better.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

i  agree on vita is hard to play

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

it's easy to play on ps vita lol

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

with a psp emulator, a smart phone is always a better choose. i always wanted to buy a psp, but after playing with psp emu on my galaxy s 3, i'd say psp's are waste of money.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

but smartphones are more expensive than psp, and the controls sucks bad.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

i play both lcs and vcs on my phone and the controls are just the same with iii and vc mobile. which emu are u using?

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

I've been thinking of buying a psp just to have a handheld to play on, but i'm probably going to buy a vita instead. It's more expensive and the memory cards seem like a kick in the balls, but if i'm getting a handheld i might as well get the one with the best hardware. It's not that much more expensive than a psp anyway. Besides it has many downloadable psp games and many exclusive that i want to play. 

Sony will also be streaming ps3 games to the vita starting next year so there's another plus. Hopefully they'll kick it off with decent ones.

Palm Tree
  • Palm Tree

GTA

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Thinking about getting a handhold just to relive a nostalgic LCS and VCS experience plus the fact I don't use my PS3 and my PS2s in the garage so I was thinking of getting either a PSP or PSVita.

Which is better.... I'm mainly going to be using it for GTA but I might be tempted to try out different games (always a possibility, yet slim).

I heard there's big differences between them and those reviews are just annoying so can anyone provide a tl;dr review/specs? :)

I would definitely recommend the PSVita. It's signifigantly smaller, so it makes more sense as a mobile device, and I think it just feels much more natural when playing a game then the PSP.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Go for the Vita. Once you've completed VCS or LCS a couple times over, you'll have more to do.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

I would definitely recommend the PSVita. It's signifigantly smaller, so it makes more sense as a mobile device, and I think it just feels much more natural when playing a game then the PSP.

uhhhh, well this thread is old but my 2 cents is to wait on a vita.  also current vita is much, much bulkier than a psp 3000, btw.

anyway, vita has already been redesigned in japan and it's a bit smaller and has 1 more hr. of battery life.  unfortunately, no word on US distribution yet.  it's also cheaper, at the equivalent of $190 (in yen of course).  this "vita 2000" would be totally worth it.

so to OP, and everyone else, be patient for the new vita!

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Save money and buy a PSP for cheap online and then a DS for cheap for Chinatown wars. You could buy all that for the price of a usless vita...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users