cops in this game need no reason to arrest you

23 replies to this topic
kansasdude
  • kansasdude

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

All I did was went to the police station to get a vehicle out of lockup and I was arrested for no reason at all

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Until the last neck of the last boss is hung

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

They're kinda like real LA cops. At least they didn't shoot your dog first.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Not always....but most of the time.

7Jnjscm.png

kansasdude
  • kansasdude

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

chop wasn't with Franklin

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

it is kinda stupid.  They'll SHOOT you because a ped called them just because you were standing there looking at her.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

All I did was went to the police station to get a vehicle out of lockup and I was arrested for no reason at all

You must've done something STUPID.

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Were you using Franklin?...LOL

kansasdude
  • kansasdude

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

yup, never had a problem

mmrnmhrm
  • mmrnmhrm

why

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Honking the horn gave me three stars.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Until the last neck of the last boss is hung

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 October 2013 - 06:00 PM.

While I was joking here, I think this seriously may explain why the cops in this game are so trigger-happy. Maybe this is just a connection I've made inside my own head, but remember the whole Chris Dorner fiasco, and how LA cops lit up two cars based solely on the fact that their vehicles had a vague resemblance to Dorner's? Or the fellow who was arrested for filming LA cops, only to have them shoot his dog for no legitimate reason? (As the picture posted above, that I believe was posted on the Rockstar website--and that my earlier post--references.) Or the immigrant who was shot and killed by LAPD, and when his family protested the killing, they were tazered, shot with bean bag shotguns, and had K9 units released on them, despite having gathered peacefully? Or the man who was shot and killed on his porch for holding a sandal? Or the unarmed fellow who was shot 11 times on his front lawn?  Remember, these are just events that have happened in the past three years or so, the LAPD has a dirty track record that extends YEARS into the past. I think it's totally possible that the over-excessive police response is more-or-less a social commentary based on the--seemingly daily--practice of LA pigs.

For reference (there's plenty more on YouTube for each of the incidents listed above):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qHhcXF0Gmog

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=159PM7ZKcv0

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ins9VAo-xLY

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5T0WhVGIg5g

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

Our UAV is online!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 21 October 2013 - 06:01 PM.

Wierd how everyone seems to experience this lol

I actually get along pretty well with the cops. Even better than I did in GTA IV. :p

I went to the station, parked my car outside, walked in, exchanged hellos with a few officers, grabbed my armor, and walked back out to my car and drove back home. 

They just like me I guess :) lol

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I stood in the subway as Franklin waiting to sell my stocks from the Lester missions a few weeks ago. I left the game running and I weny downstairs for a minute to greet my mom. Came up, I was at the police station. The way the cops were done makes me wish there were no cops in this gme. They ruined them like a bunch of idiots.

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I swear every time I drive by a police station I get shot at even if I don't have any stars. Once the shooting begins I pick up a star or two. It's mildly amusing but can get old if I'm trying to do something else and they interfere for no reason.

riki2cool
  • riki2cool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Either the whole AI system is bugged as sh*t or someone at R* is a blatant retard.

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

also, when in a cop chase if a police car is infront trying to block you, you can notice how you actually control the cop car when turning left or right as your car and the cop car turns at the same time same direction
That some cheap programming, rockstar

artician
  • artician

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

The whole GTA series is known for its brutal portrayal of US culture.  Are you guys sure the police AI in this isn't part of that?  Because every story I've read in this thread is straight out of real life. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 21 October 2013 - 11:39 PM.

Welcome to LA.

(I'm also going to guess you either had a weapon on you or arrived in a stolen car)

LcplJarheadFi
  • LcplJarheadFi

<----- Enter Member Title Here

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Not always....but most of the time.

7Jnjscm.png

Hahahaha. "Aggressively filming, and for good measure they shot his dog." Omg lol.

kansasdude
  • kansasdude

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

Welcome to LA.

(I'm also going to guess you either had a weapon on you or arrived in a stolen car)

no weapon out, arrived in taxi....i never drive into the parking lot

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

I was playing online and died, respawned next to a cop.... two stars automatically

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I was driving behind a police car a good distance away, didn't hit it or get close it, suddenly got 1 star, 4 cops got out the car with shot guns and shot me dead before I even got out of my car WTF?

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Were the beta testers permanently stoned or something? That would explain a lot of why the AI often has a single digit IQ.

SourChipmunk
  • SourChipmunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

The only unexpected encountered so far: I was working to collect space ship parts and ended up near a tall bridge on the West side of Blaine County (I don't remember the bridge name).

As I was looking around for a way to get to the bottom and retrieve the part, an officer approached me and asked what I was doing there. I had nothing to say. He wouldn't have believed me if I had told him, anyway. So I just ignored him and continued to look around.

He taunted me a little, then finally shoved me and suddenly I had a star. I punched him a couple times, then figured I could lose them quite easily if I needed to, so I whipped out my silenced pistol and shot him in the eyeball.

I expected 3 stars, complete with choppers and attack dogs, but was surprised when I only got a two-star ranking. He must have been a Park Ranger and not "on the job".

A few moments later I heard sirens. I waited to find out which direction they were coming from, then made a dash to the bottom of the ravine, crossed the river, and hung out on a bank until they let me go. It was funny watching them try to cross the river, giving up after the currents began to sweep them off their feet.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

It happens with Michael and Tranny Trevor too, so don't even play the race card. I was at the dock with Tranny Trevor getting ready to buy it and that cop that hangs around there bumped into me, started asking me if I had a problem, then I get 2 stars and he kills me. I went back and killed him. He done the same thing with Mike too. So it isn't just poor little Franklin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users