Stimulus Doesn't Make Up For Pay Cuts!

21 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Sure $500,000 is a nice gesture.

But when Mixed Up With Coke is cut $9,000 and Rooftop Rumble is cut $12,500...it won't take long for the pay cuts to negate the stimulus money.

$500,000 / $9,000 = 56 jobs
56 jobs x 5 minutes = 280 minutes
280 minutes / 60 minutes = 4 hours, 40 minutes

So the stimulus package only covers approximately 5 hours of playing jobs at the cut pay rate...

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Even with the decreased hospital bills, playing Mixed Up With Coke ONCE used to cover dying 9 times...

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Does anyone else consider the stimulus to be hush money? I mean how could we complain about anything when they give us free money, right?

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

The mission pay is only reduced when you replay the mission. It still pays full the first time. It's to encourage "variety" but all I can think of is cash cards

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

The mission pay is only reduced when you replay the mission. It still pays full the first time. It's to encourage "variety" but all I can think of is cash cards

I haven't gotten full pay for any. :/

And there's definitely no push for variety - I've literally played everything available to me at my level. Now I'm stuck doing them twice as often if I want the money to pay for new items.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yeah with as little mission variety, you find yourself playing the same stuff over and over for scraps even without mission replay feature, I recieved Fueling the Flames and Docks to Stock 7 times in a row.  How is that variety?

I used to enjoy missions because they normally paid enough to be worth the effort, now with the pay cuts, nothing is really worth it anymore.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I've found that I have a lot more money in general since the last patch.

I think I just die more often than I play the same couple missions over and over.

karmaman101
  • karmaman101

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Stop crying and just glitch already. If you spent half as much effort into glitching as you do crying, you would have millions already.

/thread

• gnad1992 likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Erm....the stimulus package isn't supposed to "make up" for the pay cuts.

They're two totally independent decisions based on two totally independent in-game problems.

jared72404
  • jared72404

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Sure $500,000 is a nice gesture.

But when Mixed Up With Coke is cut $9,000 and Rooftop Rumble is cut $12,500...it won't take long for the pay cuts to negate the stimulus money.

$500,000 / $9,000 = 56 jobs
56 jobs x 5 minutes = 280 minutes
280 minutes / 60 minutes = 4 hours, 40 minutes

So the stimulus package only covers approximately 5 hours of playing jobs at the cut pay rate...

It's not supposed to make up for pay cuts. The pay cuts were to balance the game, they don't want people maxed out in the first month or two. They'll take care of the glitchers soon enough.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Erm....the stimulus package isn't supposed to "make up" for the pay cuts.

They're two totally independent decisions based on two totally independent in-game problems.

R.R is correct, though. I should've said that.
The stimulus is supposed to cover all the save issues with the cloud from the first week (even though people have begun experiencing issues with this most recent patch).

The cut in payouts is to spark "variety," even though the few missions there are (there was supposed to be 500 - the count seems to be just over 250) unlock based on level, meaning that you've likely played them several times before you can unlock a new one.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

While the stimulus isn't explocity to make up for pay cuts, it's left unsaid that by giving us money, it's meant to keep people from complaining in general.

They bought us the fancy dinner and a movie, we now owe them the proverbial BJ by not complaining that they are greedy.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

5 minutes is unrealistic for an average. Try 10-20. You are ignoring loading times, potential failures, etc.

When so we get the stimulus money anyway? I haven't gotten anything.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Okay let's say 10 minutes average...still less than 10 hours...

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

I still think that is exaggerating. I think it's more like 20 hours unless you don't eat, drink, shower, take any breaks, pause, relax, or do anything else whatsoever while playing. Then it might be 15 hours.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

I meant mother fing play time grinding the mission...

Jugggs
  • Jugggs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

While the stimulus isn't explocity to make up for pay cuts, it's left unsaid that by giving us money, it's meant to keep people from complaining in general.

They bought us the fancy dinner and a movie, we now owe them the proverbial BJ by not complaining that they are greedy.

How are they greedy? You bought one of the best games the world has ever seen. They story mode was worth the money on its own, but they have also given you online mode. There were a few problems early, big deal! You didnt lose anything financially and ALL games have problems in the beginning.

So I really cant see what your whining about!!

P.S. My character was reset (some games provide this as a BONUS) and I lost my upgraded car but I'm getting 500,000 for which I can buy many cars.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm "whining" about them not getting the mission payouts correct from the start. It shouldn't be that difficult to decide how much money you want people to make from each mission.

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Since the unnecessary pay cut to jobs,  the hard missions don't feel worth all the effort thus making Rockstar's $500,000 feel like pocket change imo.

Yeah it will feel good seeing that bonus advancement in the bank but it doesn't change the fact that mission payments have been nerfed. Once 500K is gone, then what? (pause) Exactly. 

HarryAngler
  • HarryAngler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have done every mission offered so far and now I'm not getting new ones. So I'm stuck getting low pay for playing it already. When I'm the one doing all the work most of the time. Its sucked a big party of the mission fun right out. O wait you can still get 3700 for 5 place in races and it only takes 3 mins for one. Go figure!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Since the unnecessary pay cut to jobs,  the hard missions don't feel worth all the effort thus making Rockstar's $500,000 feel like pocket change imo.

That went by a little fast for me.

Surely reduced mission payouts would make the stimulus package feel like more money, not less?

As for your other question - i'll keep playing like I have been up until now.

Jugggs
  • Jugggs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yeah it will feel good seeing that bonus advancement in the bank but it doesn't change the fact that mission payments have been nerfed. Once 500K is gone, then what? (pause) Exactly. 

try abit of bankroll management. some of the missions have been paying out far too much money. I play missions for fun not money, and havent played a mission more than once yet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users