You aren't too bright, are you?

• IDredMan likes this

MichaelPayneV
  • MichaelPayneV

Almost Gamer

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

From what i have seen so far, there is a Book called "Red Dead by John Marston" which means One thing for sure:

John Marston is a Book Writer in The GTA Universe, and he wrote a book, where he put himself as the Main Character, exactly how a lot of Book Writers put themselves in their Books, also a lot of Book Writer are Alcoholics.

No, i'm really curious if he will Ever Met him in Future GTA's

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

There's nothing to say that in the GTA HD universe, back in time there wasn't an outlaw called John Marston who lived a very similar life to one we encountered, it just wouldn't be the same John we played as in RDR (when you think about it, RDR Undead Nightmare is a parallel universe to the main game, the two stories can't co-exist).

Yeah you're right, there isn't. At this point you're just writing fan fiction.

RDR is in a separate universe, it is its own thing. Bully and Manhunt belong to the 3D Universe, but from dialogue in IV there are HD versions of Bullworth and Carcer City that we haven't seen yet.

I think the more pertinent point is that R* could put an explicit reference in GTA for John Martson (more than just an Easter egg), and it still wouldn't make the universes the same. You've conveniently edited out my original line which points out they are definitely not the same Universe due to California and New York references. It's simply a fact that they can have the same characters in two different games and it doesn't mean the universes the same. There's no fan fiction in that - as I pointed out, RDR and Undead Nightmare are not the same Universe as the stories can't co-exist, even if the characters are identical.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k your santa hats. they're too mainstream

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by nobum62, 18 February 2014 - 09:09 PM.

the video is obviously bullsh*t. a silhouette of a cowboy doesn't mean RDR.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:12 PM Edited by Zodape, 18 February 2014 - 09:12 PM.

I always thought RDR was a GTA in the 1900's.

They couldn't name it "Grand Theft Auto: Redemption" because, well, there are no autos to steal.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

There's one question to answer... Its Carcer City in the same universe as in HD??? well Michael did talk about robbing a small franchise of 10 grand.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

From what i have seen so far, there is a Book called "Red Dead by John Marston" which means One thing for sure:

John Marston is a Book Writer in The GTA Universe, and he wrote a book, where he put himself as the Main Character, exactly how a lot of Book Writers put themselves in their Books, also a lot of Book Writer are Alcoholics.

f067e0dd.gif

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

RDR is no f*ckin' way related to GTAs universe. No f*ckin' way I say.

I second that.Plus it doesnt have a GTA DNA except it a "GTA Clone" .

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 18 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

How is RDR a GTA clone? 

You label everything as a GTA clone. :/

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

The HD GTA Universe, RDR Universe, and L.A. Noire Universe are all different.

Grand Theft Auto has everything the 'real' universe has in terms of countries and cities besides the United States.

RDR features a real universe, aside from Texas and Colorado regions being replaced by New Austin, West Elizabeth, etc.

L.A. Noire's universe is identical to ours, besides some detective cases.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 February 2014 - 12:07 AM.

How is RDR a GTA clone? 

You label everything as a GTA clone. :/
Lol i dont label everything as a GTA Clone unless they are classified under the term,beside RDR is "GTA Cowboy".

@Mr Oraange
Great Comment bro :)

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Retarded post, is any free roam game a gta clone now? Its a whole different setting then gta

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

This community has to be the worst when it comes to whatever game the forum focuses on's lore/canon.

You guys see graffiti in IV saying "RIP CJ," "We'll miss you Tommy," "RIP Claude," and no matter what Rockstar says you think the protagonists from the 3D Universe are dead in the HD Universe.

You see a star on the sidewalk with OG Loc's name on it and immediately think that OG Loc exists in the HD Universe.

You see a book, a f*cking book on a shelf where barely anybody looks, with "Red Dead by J Marston" and think that RDR and GTA IV/V are in the same canon.

A majority of people here have no understanding of how the different universes/canon works, or what a f*cking easter egg is.

There were Tommy Vercetti action figures in Zero's Shop in GTA SA, but you never say some retard on the forum think that the events of Vice City never happened, and were all just some little kid playing with some action figures. You never saw people find the "No Easter Eggs Up Here" sign in GTA SA and think: "The game isn't breaking the fourth wall, the developers are some kind of gods in the game!"

Actually, now that I think of it, it seems most people here that have a hard time understanding what the f*ck an easter egg is or hate/deny the separate universe thing are a majority of the people who came here after IV/V. Seems like most of the newer users are retards when it comes to stuff like this.

• Geralt of Rivia and TaviColen123 like this

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Does it even matter? It is if it makes you feel better :p

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:34 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 19 February 2014 - 02:35 AM.

[redacted] 

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

They're not. GTAV is in the same universe as GTAIV right? I remember someone in red dead mentioning Manhattan, which would mean New York exists in the Red Dead universe, so no Liberty City, no Los Santos QED bitch

In IV Bucharest (Romania's capital city) was mentioned, along with Russia (I think) and other countries.
Your point being?

Beijing is mentioned in the Weazel News reports in gta online

Onett
  • Onett

Number nine, number nine, number nine...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I think in Sandy Shores, there's Cholla Springs Ave. and Armadillo Ave. Probably just Easter eggs though.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

why? why? why? oh why? oh why? oh why do you not see the search bar for threads already about this?

Oh let me see why... Because their um either closed or reviving dead threads is against the rules genius.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yes, the same universe. John marston is trevor's grandfather. If you think about it, trevor is just a bald version of john marston, appearance wise.

So you're basing this on no factual evidence. Seems legit.

Seems like you have trouble detecting deliberate silliness. Of course it is not the same universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users