Photo

is Red Dead Redemption and GTA V in the same universe

78 replies to this topic
downnice
  • downnice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28iaM65Qqg4 And in Franks house there is a book called Red Dead by J Marston

Also you can pick John Marston as a parent in GTA Online and there is road in Sandy Shores called Cholla Springs Avenue

So is RDR and GTA related 

LWE112
  • LWE112

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

I primarily think that this is some sort of a hidden message trying to say that the next red dead redemption is under way? Im just assuming really.

• Jacob-B likes this

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

why? why? why? oh why? oh why? oh why do you not see the search bar for threads already about this?

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by Zodape, 20 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Yes.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Brilliant question....

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Probably just an easter egg

Hearnandez
  • Hearnandez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

They're not. GTAV is in the same universe as GTAIV right? I remember someone in red dead mentioning Manhattan, which would mean New York exists in the Red Dead universe, so no Liberty City, no Los Santos QED bitch

• shadyslady, Jacob-B and mastershake616 like this

CataniaTiger
  • CataniaTiger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by CataniaTiger, 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

red dead is set in another universe..... bonnie mcfarlane also mentioned that new york exist in rdr ergo it's two different things. The book, john as a parent and the roads are just easter eggs

• Jacob-B likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by spamtackey, 20 October 2013 - 09:07 PM.

It probably means that Red Dead is a story in the GTA universe rather than actually part of it. That would actually explain why John is a parent in the game if we wanted to pretend that was anything more than a nod to RDR. Author J. Marston could have had kids. :p

• Jacob-B likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 20 October 2013 - 09:12 PM.

It could be as it's set in the Western times in the same HD universe. Most likely the mid-late 1800's. His son could have been born in the very early - early 1900's and he could have wrote the book when he grew up. Honestly, this doesn't sound far fetched. Or it could be a completely different situation.

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Amateur Pilot IRL

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

This has been asked a lot, use the search bar more often. But, to answer your question, yes, it's assumed that the 'R* universe' covers Bully, RDR, and GTA. 

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's an easter egg. Jack moved to LA (John's hat can be found in LA Noire) and wrote the book tha he and John were talking about at Beecher's Hope. Loving the easter egg. 

• HoleInTheSky likes this

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

petergriffinwhocares.gif

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Red dead is basically vine wood back in the cowboy era

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Oh god...so much stupid...

• mastershake616 and Mr Oraange like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

New York is mentioned multiple times in Red Dead Redemption. There is no NY in the GTA universe, just Liberty City. So no.

But regardless, people are going to continue posting in this thread "It's possible" or "Yes," and completely ignore the fact three people - including me - have answered the question. There's nothing else to be discussed, the answer is right there.

• Jacob-B likes this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by The Made Man, 20 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

No...NYC was mentioned in RDR.

But Bully and Manhunt are.

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

No. Because RDR mentioned New York and if I remember correctly California too.

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

I tried to have a little fun and use both of them in the same video.

• King Kapone and Sprue like this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Pretty interesting man. Good watch.

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Thank you. Very appreciated.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

I 'll subscribe if you take requests every once in a while. I like to see myth videos etc about GTA V so if you can upload some myth videos from GTA V that would be awesome. Also since you own RDR, I wouldn't mind if you did some myth videos of that too. Please take my request into consideration. Or try to make the videos when you are free of work etc, like on weekends or w/e you have the time to do it.

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I 'll subscribe if you take requests every once in a while. I like to see myth videos etc about GTA V so if you can upload some myth videos from GTA V that would be awesome. Also since you own RDR, I wouldn't mind if you did some myth videos of that too. Please take my request into consideration. Or try to make the videos when you are free of work etc, like on weekends or w/e you have the time to do it.

If you are on Xbox, send me a message with your GT (or send me a FR on live). I am always interested in requests. I can talk to you sometime and include you in these if you are.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:12 AM

If you are on Xbox, send me a message with your GT (or send me a FR on live). I am always interested in requests. I can talk to you sometime and include you in these if you are.

Well I do have an Xbox, but I don't have live, but I believe I can still send you a message on my account through the internet/computer. My gamertag is xXxCMPunkV1xXx

But Like I said I don't have live so it won't do any good. We can keep in touch on here if you like. I also have a YouTube account so you can contact me on my channel: https://www.youtube....user/cenoevil54

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 21 October 2013 - 02:18 AM.

They aren't in the same universe. GTA collides with Manhunt and Bully.

Red Dead Redemption is with Midnight Club and maybe AGENT, I guess. Just assuming here...

Enough said

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well I do have an Xbox, but I don't have live, but I believe I can still send you a message on my account through the internet/computer. My gamertag is xXxCMPunkV1xXx

But Like I said I don't have live so it won't do any good. We can keep in touch on here if you like. I also have a YouTube account so you can contact me on my channel: https://www.youtube....user/cenoevil54

Sent you a PM.

Sir_Price
  • Sir_Price

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28iaM65Qqg4 And in Franks house there is a book called Red Dead by J Marston

Also you can pick John Marston as a parent in GTA Online and there is road in Sandy Shores called Cholla Springs Avenue

So is RDR and GTA related 

There is also Armodillo ave in Sandy Shores

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

The way I see it, there are 3 R* universes (not counting 2D games)

3D: III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, Manhunt, Manhunt 2

HD: IV, TLAD, TBOGT, Chinatown Wars, V, Bully, Manhunt, Manhunt 2

Realworld Max Payne series, Red Dead series, LA Noire and the Midnight Club series.

Now lets just see where Agent falls into all this...
  • tikhung01 likes this

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Very cool, man.

I especially liked how you were riding Mustangs back and forth in both games toward the end there. Nice touch.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

They're not. GTAV is in the same universe as GTAIV right? I remember someone in red dead mentioning Manhattan, which would mean New York exists in the Red Dead universe, so no Liberty City, no Los Santos QED bitch

In IV Bucharest (Romania's capital city) was mentioned, along with Russia (I think) and other countries.

Your point being?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users