Photo

Timed out joining GTA online

12 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I can join gta online fine, but as soon as I get into a job and it starts, I get "Timed out joining GTA Online.

Please return to Grand Theft Auto 5 and try again later." 

Anyone else get that?

Cherrymoon
  • Cherrymoon

Crackhead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by Cherrymoon, 20 October 2013 - 09:05 PM.

I had that error from the first time i tried gta online. It still isnt working for me.

chrischris7
  • chrischris7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

If you give some attention, ull see it is happening when is someone still "joining" the job while job is launching...dont know how to solve that tho... Have the same problem

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hmm that's odd.  It is normal now.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

It's R*'s fault, simple as that. They'll say it's your NAT and we'll say it's "people are still joining". In the end though, it's all on R*'s fantastical Cloud services and their faulty servers and/or programming.

• The_Big_Lebowski likes this

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yes i have that problem too.. Lately, due to this, ive been only in freemode!

Beekdoor
  • Beekdoor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

It's R*'s fault, simple as that. They'll say it's your NAT and we'll say it's "people are still joining". In the end though, it's all on R*'s fantastical Cloud services and their faulty servers and/or programming.

I gave my Xbox a static IP and made sure my NAT was open. Haven't timed out once since I did this. 

mateho9
  • mateho9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I gave my Xbox a static IP and made sure my NAT was open. Haven't timed out once since I did this. 

How do I give my xbox a static IP?

Beekdoor
  • Beekdoor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by Beekdoor, 22 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

How do I give my xbox a static IP?

It's kind of hard to explain. I would advise Googling how to do it, but it requires a bit of knowledge on routers and networking. Basically, you have to go to the Xbox network settings > configure settings > Manual and assign your own IP address to your Xbox. However, in order to do this you need to know a few things about your router. Before you go that route, I would advise checking your NAT first and make sure it's Open.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Sitting here complaining instead of on the chair, waiting for GTA Online to stop timing out as I try to get in ... Fun times. I wanna bet R* says it's my NAT too.

chrischris7
  • chrischris7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Already have static ip on ps3, open nat, open ports, playing smoothly every mmo on ps3. Still getting timed out when the job launching. Another advice??

chrischris7
  • chrischris7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Oh and btw, the player that os still labeled as joining,the truth is that he already joined. He is just stcuk as "joining" only for us

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Indeed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users