Photo

Fix the modding of cars!

15 replies to this topic
Naima
  • Naima

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

I see no reason why when modding car engines , traction , turbo ec u get only different small upgrades. To acceleration , but nothingcto overall sped or other behaviour.

Also whats with brakes upgrades? U spend a lot of money for less than a spit increase???

How I get my car to not turn on itself everytime I press the acceleration button ?

Naima
  • Naima

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

So will they fix that?

Its ridiculous that I have to spend incredible amount of money for brakes and they have no effect on the c r.

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

I totally agree, it almost seems pointless to add any performance upgrades other than the turbo.

Maximum brake upgrade makes the tiniest of differences to the performance stats that it isn't worth the money. Doesn't even change the way the brakes look on the cars I've tried.

Slowthrill
  • Slowthrill

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Noises differ with engine and exhaust upgrades, car handels better with suspension upgrades, etc
I dont buy brake upgrades..
I love it!!! Cars are alive when pressing the throttle.. Vrrrrooiaaaaaappp paff vroooaaa....

Naima
  • Naima

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

U just add turbo and u can forget all rest as dont make any difference. There is no way to improve handleability and brakes right now...

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

The brake upgrade does make quite a difference and so does the suspension. The acceleration also goes up past the bar.

Why do you keep making these threads?

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

ShawntezPhillips
  • ShawntezPhillips

Shawn

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

U just add turbo and u can forget all rest as dont make any difference. There is no way to improve handleability and brakes right now...

I found that a fully upgrade suspension make those turn easy to pull of without loosing too much speed.

Brakes are a must when you buy a car like the Adder.

Other than that yea pretty useless. Although, I have a pet peeve about how the brushed steel does not look brushed.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

I agree better customization and tuning would be awesome but I'm just glad we got it at all. I would have killed for this stuff in GTA IV. 

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Car upgrade stats are as follows:

Level 4 Engine = +15% Acceleration

Race Trans = +5% Acceleration

Turbo = +25% Acceleration

The other upgrades aren't worthless, if you have the money get them because they do improve your ride quality overall.

While the brake stat doesn't really budge when on the road I can notice a clear difference.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

I have this niggling feeling that all the stat bars change, but we only see the Acceleration one move ( and rarely the Brakes even at race brake level)

I say this because my Albany Buccaneer is maxed, I have everything for that beast, and I can outrun my friends Sultan RS on both acceleration and on the highway.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Stats dont improve but the difference is noticable when driving modded vehicles.

World Champion
  • World Champion

Time Traveller from 2063

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Nah, shut your f*cken mouths mate.  Wait for the next couple of patches, and just shut the f*ck up mate!!  

ThatDutchIdiot
  • ThatDutchIdiot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Wait, suspension improves handling? I had the feeling that my car performed a lot worse after I gave it a lower suspension

CAPTNxAMERICA86
  • CAPTNxAMERICA86

Guardian of Freedom

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Nah, shut your f*cken mouths mate.  Wait for the next couple of patches, and just shut the f*ck up mate!!  

Oh well, I guess end topic then... *sarcasm*

ANYWAYS,

Like most games with a visible stats bar (COD and Racing games) the bars always lie compared to what the actual stats are. Why developers make it that way or if it's a consistant programming fault or maybe the guy who determines the stats messes up his communication with the guy who graphically designs the stats bar... who knows. But they will probably always be like that. Just like how the top-of-the-line suspension doesnt show any improvements on the stats graph, when you actually take the car out and use it, you can totally feel a difference in control. It's just the way it is.

CAPTNxAMERICA86
  • CAPTNxAMERICA86

Guardian of Freedom

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Wait, suspension improves handling? I had the feeling that my car performed a lot worse after I gave it a lower suspension

Take it for a test drive. Try quick turns with the default suspension installed, and then re-install the best suspension you can buy. making it lower to the ground should make it turn much easier. (and in practice with every car in the game I've bought suspension for it has...)

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't add anything that will "increase performance" because this is a gta game.
Catch up is almost always on in races so there's no point. Aesthetic mods like spoilers, bumpers, paint jobs etc is all I do. Unless that performance increase does aesthetically change the car, like lowering the suspension.
Engine mods are too f*cking expensive anyway. You'll end up spending so much you've practically bought the car again. Rockstar needs to lower them, prices are ridiculously high for people that haven't farmed/exploited/glitched.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users