Photo

Racing online.... your opinion

28 replies to this topic
fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Basic question, Are you ok with people doing the P.I.T. maneuver online or do you like good clean racing?

Here is how I look at both sides. You'll see I heavily favor one side....

It is good to have a clean race where nobody wipes out anyone else on purpose... that way you actually get a more accurate result of who the 'better' racer is (I put better in quotes because we have to remember this is a video game). um... I got nothing else....umm, maybe so then nobody gets their feelings hurt? when they get wiped out? idk.

Here is why I think it's ok to wipe people out....

First and most important point:  It's Grand Theft Auto. If you want clean racing, go play Nascar or Gran Turismo.   There is suppose to be 'dirty' racing in GTA (duh, thought this would have been obvious) 

Second: what else are you suppose to do? Even with 'catch up' turned off, as soon as you pass someone they're just going to pass you right back because of the slip streaming.... and who knows, maybe wipe you out?? So why not wipe them out first and not even give them a chance?

Here is how I try to race (during long races). I try to get into 2nd place and slip stream the guy in first, bumping him square on in the back to give him a boost of speed and then continue to slip stream. Doing this allows him and me to pull away from everyone else in the race. Then I stay behind the guy looking for the right moment to either pass him (when we're almost at the finish line) or I'll wipe him out if I see a good opportunity to do so and then take the lead.

During short races, you just have to hope you don't get caught up in that mess that happens at the start of every single race online with 5 or more racers. 

This next point is the second most important point: I would probably have a problem with people wiping out other people if it was impossible to defend against. But guess what? All you people out there complaining about getting wipe out, it's because you aren't good racers.... at least, not yet.

If you know or think someone is going to wipe you out, let off the gas and lightly hit your brakes (now obviously this isn't going to work at the start of a race, there are too many cars and jamming going on), the person will either go past you and pull in front of you, in which case you slip stream and wipe them out. Or they will slam in the side of you. I've actually has in some cases where they wipe themselves out because they completely miss me while trying to slam into me. But anyway, once they slam into you.. that is a perfect opportunity to wipe them out because they are still going full speed while you let off the gas and hit your brakes lightly and are under more control than them.

If it wasn't for the above paragraph that I just wrote, then I would totally be against wiping people out. 

It actually takes more 'skill' (remember, it's just a video game, not much skill involved) to be a racer who wipes other racers out and even more 'skill' to defend against the P.I.T..   Now I'm not talking about slamming people, or doing crazy crap at the start of a race. It's easy to just drive up behind someone, slip stream them and then pass them (yawn).  

Or how bout when you're going down the straight away toward the finish line and the guy behind you is on the other side of the track flying up on you about to pass you (thanks catch up) and he wasn't even slip streaming you?? You're just suppose to let him pass? Or pull in front of him?? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I have more respect for someone who can handle a P.I.T. maneuver and dish it out, more than someone who just happens to slip stream past the guy in 1st place because the video game assists him.

My questions are rhetorical, since I am right about my points. The only argument someone can have against me is this  "You are mean (or calls me a bad word)".   My questions are also rhetorical because I am not coming back to this thread to read any replies (since like I said above, I am right) (unless you're someone who gets their feelings hurt when they lose racing on GTA).  

I am right.  Please be sure to reply to my thread to keep bumping it :)

At least until it gets lock :)

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

First and most important point:  It's Grand Theft Auto. If you want clean racing, go play Nascar or Gran Turismo.   There is suppose to be 'dirty' racing in GTA (duh, thought this would have been obvious)

Yep, it's Grand Theft Auto, and that's why there's the "GTA race" mode for all those who like to wipe people out. 

• adictoGTA and vozi45 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Motorbike races are the best.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

I have nowt against any tactics used in the races. they are there for winning and i applaud an expertly crafted PIt ( or reversal) in the final stretch leading to win. Game is all about driving. get good at that and trust me you will be practically untouchable in race mode or free roam.

xPwnagezz
  • xPwnagezz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

I like how you said you were right twice. Ever heard of opinions?

CDizzy
  • CDizzy

All round G

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

I f*ckin hate sore loser bitches like you who PIT. Your a f*ckin gay c*nt. You only posted this to get a reaction cause you know your a sh*t c*nt. And you'll get one from me cause I just want you to know that your a dick licking ass f*cker.
  • vozi45 likes this

liesch
  • liesch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by liesch, 21 October 2013 - 02:44 AM.

lol you bump you a no dick bitch period.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Im fine with the dirty racing style. I just think its BS that you need to win races to unlock performance mods because it really takes the skill out of it. Hence why everyone is trading wins. How the fuc* am I supposed to win 60 races against people who run you off the road and have traded wins and have better/faster cars.

Trading wins for the win!

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

its great, at least some people are smart enough to realize streamlining other racers and accelerating without touching other cars makes you go faster. 

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Haha I love to spin others out, it's fun and it's a strategy to get a lead. My favorite is when I see someone getting close using the the rearview camera and I turn to their side just at the right time and they spin around lmao. It is part of the nature of the game, these are street races. 

Poop Prowler
  • Poop Prowler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I used to race clean, until I realized that got me nowhere but last place. If I have the chance to pass someone, now I will try my best to take them out so they have no chance to slip stream.

Clean racing is a joke in GTA unless you're playing with people you trust.

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

forums: http://apexstalkers.enjin.com/home

Rockstar social club page : http://socialclub.ro...w/apex_stalkers

you can get in random lobbies and pray or you can join the clean racing crew.link above

• soggyinvert and Monique like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm not okay with the pit maneuver and I don't like the sh*tty driving. GTA IV racing beats this 100000x times. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Did someone move this to wrong section?

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

I race clean because it is faster.

It is easy to avoid all dirty racing tactics.

Even the pit can be aced simply by a tap of the breaks... if you do it right then you can immediately pit them.

The only people who complain about this sort of thing are the ones that need to spend less time crying and more time trying.

Experience has taught me that it is always the people who fail because "everything is just so unfair and stupid or hard" that sit around afterwards and complain about it.

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Im fine with the dirty racing style. I just think its BS that you need to win races to unlock performance mods because it really takes the skill out of it. Hence why everyone is trading wins. How the fuc* am I supposed to win 60 races against people who run you off the road and have traded wins and have better/faster cars.

Trading wins for the win!

Like this...

I f*cking won 160+ races, lost 270 and every win was legit.

The problem with you is your f*cking attitude you bum.

Harden the f*ck up.

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

I've won something like 460 races, lost a little over 300. All legit, I don't take people out. Most of my losses are from catchup races. I let everyone take each other out and then cruise to the lead. BTW racing clean gets much faster lap times, I have a few close to world records (sub 30) for races.

• vozi45 likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

I prefer GTA style races because trying to race 'legit' in this game is a joke, given that nearly eveyone uses catch up coupled with overpowered slipstream.

That and I'm tired of everyone getting all in an uproar because people bump each other during tight corners, accidentally or not.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yep, it's Grand Theft Auto, and that's why there's the "GTA race" mode for all those who like to wipe people out. 
this exactly^. Really sick of hearing that same dumb excuse.. " it's GTA you're supposed to act like a jerk off and ram people off the road!!! Go play forza if u want to race clean lolz"

People who want to race like that should just do GTA races, they don't though because They don't want to get rammed or killed themselves. They want to ram people who won't ram them.

I just hate how everyone wants to ram each other. I always race clean, and won't ever ram anyone. Honestly most of the time someone tries to ram me, they are the one who goes spinning out. Yes there's the chance he will succeed but if you know how to drive defensively you'll increase your chances of being ok. Try practicing counter PIT and second guess when someone is trying to side swipe.

Always give other drivers plenty of room, especially if they are a known rammer or if someone if tryin to pass you. If you're taking up the whole track and keep blocking someone trying to pass you, just asking to get rammed..

Rammers will always lose in the long run, check any rammers win/lose ratio, bet it's sh*t. Obviously in public lobbies there are more assholes. Playing with 3-5 other clean racers is very fun, a much better experience than just mindlessly ramming each other off the road just cause it's GTA.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

I always race "Dirty" I say dirty in quotes because some others (like myself) actually considers it a tactic.

Ways I play dirty:  And proud of it....

1. On corner turns, I go full speed into the person in front of me. This will make them either overshoot their turn or two, it will help me stop in order to make the turn while transferring my full speed on the poor victim.

2. I pit them. (Duh) we all know what that does.

3. I slam on my breaks on someone who is trying to wait and slip stream at the end. One, this will make them agititated and f*ck them up. Or two it will actually make them wipe out somehow. I don't know how but sometimes they just spin out LOL.

4. I pit them (The domino affect). If you have two people on each side of you, you can pit one person into the person on the other side, creating a domino affect of pitting lol. Pretty hilarious 

Racing clean is boring damn.. It's like nascar if you don't do any crazy sh*t. 

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

Haha I love to spin others out, it's fun and it's a strategy to get a lead. My favorite is when I see someone getting close using the the rearview camera and I turn to their side just at the right time and they spin around lmao. It is part of the nature of the game, these are street races. 

so ramming people off the road is common in street racing? Huh never knew that

Learn to drive, c*nt.

Women drivers in the game piss me off. I don't know why I assume they won't ram you just cause they're girls. Had a dozen chances to ram some bitch off the road, letting her pass me and generally giving her a clean easy race. Then she rams the f*ck out of me in the last stretch.. Bitch

Sucks cause people like that almost force everyone else to be dickheads too. I just want to race, somewhat similar to real racing where they don't just ram each other off the road.. In gta racing being fast doesn't even matter, or being able to fly around corners.. It's whoever acts like the biggest cocksucker who usually wins
  • vozi45 likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

Learn to drive, c*nt.

Women drivers in the game piss me off. I don't know why I assume they won't ram you just cause they're girls. Had a dozen chances to ram some bitch off the road, letting her pass me and generally giving her a clean easy race. Then she rams the f*ck out of me in the last stretch.. Bitch

It's people like you who perpetuate the stereotype that gamers are angry misogynists.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Wreaking opponents in races, standard or combat isn't necessarily a sign of weakness, just a style, and it does take legit skill.  However, for a more accurate test of driving skills, I can only recommend impromptu races, no slip stream. This is my opinion.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Wreaking opponents in races, standard or combat isn't necessarily a sign of weakness, just a style, and it does take legit skill.  However, for a more accurate test of driving skills, I can only recommend impromptu races, no slip stream. This is my opinion.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Absolutely. Slipstream just ruins it for me.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Learn to drive, c*nt.

It's people like you who perpetuate the stereotype that gamers are angry misogynists.
actually it's people like her who give women drivers a bad name

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:19 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 19 December 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Uhm no because driving in GTA is nothing like driving in real life, and aren't most accidents caused by men, which is why they have higher insurance rates?

Calling women c*nts and bitches on the other hand, really isn't the best way to tell someone they're bad at virtual driving.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:23 AM Edited by cjdavies, 19 December 2013 - 07:36 AM.

GTA Race mode.

The Commute race, I hang back at start to let others crash.

I never knew about slip stream until recently, no wonder was leading in the above race course a.few times and came second! In future I will slam brakes and they spin out.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Uhm no because driving in GTA is nothing like driving in real life, and aren't most accidents caused by men, which is why they have higher insurance rates?

Calling women c*nts and bitches on the other hand, really isn't the best way to tell someone they're bad at virtual driving.

in real life you manipulate a steering wheel left and right to turn, in gta you manipulate a joystick left and right to turn. In a car you press right pedal for gas and left to brake, in gta it's R2 and L2. Oh yea, nothing like real life!

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Wether its right or wrong, ramming, pit maneuvers, brake checking ect are going to happen in GTAO. People need to accept that to have fun IMO. If you came into this game thinking most people will play with morals you are dilusional. Certainly calling someone names wont change it either. I have found lag plays a big part in a lot of it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users