» «

Racing, my biggest complaint

11 replies to this topic
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

They have made the racing pay good for 1 lap and little to no incentive for multi-lap races, they should even this out to promote good races, almost every race being 1 lap gets very boring fast.. still the best way to make money but I want an incentive for having a 10lap race vs 1 lap so people will actualy play them...

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

• Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

Am I alone in this aspect?

• meathead316

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

I agree, the laps should multiply the reward

• sportbikepilot369

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think racing is bad enough without having to suffer from more than one lap. This is especially true since it is now impossible that you can't find a clean race. This just one of many issues that has forced me to only race only the point to point "Commute" course. Racing is beyond broken and if it wasn't for trying to unlock the higher car mads I would never have bothered. Now you can't even make any money racing...

• kABUSE

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by kABUSE, 22 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

The races with this 1 lap setups with private rare type vehicles (limos, coupes etc.) are the worst.

I just handle it like this: I DO NOT play them. Simple as that. sh*t race? I quit the lobby. sh*t race 10 times in a row? I quit the lobby 10 times in a row. I just read stuff on my laptop while waiting for a proper race.

• Derherbman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

I fore once can´t find races that have more than 2 players in the lobby. Thats my biggest concern.

• Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Racing is a complicated business. It`s almost like you`d need a full crew + friends 16 player lobby to have a proper race. By proper I mean clean with the aim of winning and trading as little paint as possible, not take out everyone in your path. Oh, and catch up off.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

every race im in has two crew members. one wins the race while the other one just crashes into everyone else.

• Mikerush76

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

I dont even mind the wrecks, once you have alot of laps it re4ally spreads out the pack anyway.

• FasterThanYou

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yep, it´s much worse than it could have been. First they dumbed the physics down. Then they introduce stupid stuff like overpowered slipstream and start boost.

But there´s still hope. Racing is not extremelly good, but still fine if you get a nice circuit, and some good racers with you.

Join Apex Stalkers crew if you look for fair racers.

• Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by Garrison64, 23 October 2013 - 09:53 PM.

I wish every person who uses drafting to purposely slam into the back of my car would instantly explode without damaging my car. I get so sick of people doing this when I'm driving clean and not trying to bump anyone. I don't mind some banging around at the start when we're all bunched up. With the lag and everyone trying to hit the first mark and draft kicking in it's understandable. However well into the race, when it's me and one other guy, and I move over to let him pass and he still rams the hell out of me for no reason, it just totally pisses me off. It's especially bad if it's for a position well back in the pack because he usually wrecks too and it's totally pointless. That's the one part of racing in this game that I really hate. It's supposed to be a draft pass not a draft ram and crash. 

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

You people talking about wanting "CLEAN" races need to remember you're playing GTA. You want 'clean' best to go back to grantourismo or F1-2013.

I know it hurts to be in a good position and get boffed by someone approaching from behind. But it's part of the setup so work it.

If you keep a look out on your 6O'clock and take corners defensively you can improve your chance of not being spun out.

Re larger payouts for longer races I agree. but there still has to be an upper limit. 1st place for a five player race gets you 10 000, which is too much compared to what you get for a DM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users