Good day, gentlemen, and let me introduce my scrapped Project Chersey mod. It was a reimagining of Chicago, and I tried to make it as GTA-like as possible. I tried to give it a true Rockstar feel, with all the parodies, humorous remarks and a well-thought world, only to realize I'm a way too ambitious fellow. Anyways, I'd like for you to see what I have done. Chicagoans - please don't take this seriously.
City of Chersey
"#4 in US for sports, terrible planning, crime rate and suburb size."
- Founded in 1869
- Incumbent mayor (2013): Richard Cardinal (Democrat)
- Population: 2.5 million citizens
- O'Donovan Intl. Airport (O'Hare)
- The Coil (The Loop)
- Lake Brier (Lake Calumet)
- Battery Island (Goose Island)
- Reinhardt (Hegewisch)
- Rosemary (Roseland)
- Lawton Hill (Morgan Park)
- Brier Bay (South Deering)
- Shorefront East (South Chicago)
- Crowen (Lake View)
- West Yards (South Lawndale)
- Reagan Square (Logan Square)
- Protege Park (Portage Park/Belmont Cragin)
- Eagleford (Englewood)
- Grahams (Ashburn)
- Little Italy
Places of interest:
- Welrod Tower (Willis Tower)
- HUNT Bank Tower (Chase Tower)
- Circle Lane (Magnificent Mile)
- Chersey Opera (Chicago Theatre)
- Ranger Fields (Soldier Field)
- Century Park (Millenium Park)
- Marine Pier (Navy Pier)
- Rochester Expy (Kennedy Expy)
- Monroe Drive (Stevenson Expy)
- Chersey Toll Road (Chicago Skyway)
- Nixon Boulevard (Eisenhower Expy)
The most effort was put into creating stations close to the ones that actually exist in Chicago. Only 5 of them made it to the project, and some never left the drawing board.
- The State 101.4 - see thread (my personal masterpiece, based off Chicago's US 99.5)
- Radio Zero (based off the now-defunct Lite 93.9 FM)
"Zero thought, zero problem"
Originally was an ambient/chillout station with a cynical host called Nathan, who made fun of all "deviant minds" and girls with self-esteem issues, but later turned into an electronica station with a more cheerful DJ.
Blood Cultures – Indian Summer
PNAU – Come Together
Swiss Lips – In The Water
The Naked And Famous – Young Blood
The M Machine – Tiny Anthem
The Toxic Avenger – Say My Name
Vitalic – Poison Lips
Washed Out – New Theory
Wasted Nights – Daze
adio (based off WCRX
"Great music for a town where even clocks are crazy"
A trance/house station hosted by a maniacal DJ called Alex, this one has undergone a lot of changes as well. Many songs were cut out during mixing due to unfitting tunes, beats that no one could match and personal issues. I still have the mix, might upload it somewhere soon.
Tucandeo – In A Moment (Eco Remix)
Tepes – Amity
Mark Sherry – Phantasmic
Omnia – Infina
Tilt – The World Doesn't Know
Oryon – V2
Basil O'Glue – Angular Momentum
Solar Factor – No Return
"The main tunes of your 20's"
A generic classic rock station every GTA game had. Not really innovative or different from Radio X, Liberty Rock Radio or K-DST, but still has some nice songs.
AC/DC – Hells Bells
AC/DC – Rock N' Roll Train
Aerosmith – Sick as a Dog
Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy
Def Leppard – Rock Of Ages
Europe – Rock the Night
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Mississippi Blood
Led Zeppelin – Immigrant Song
Metallica – For Whom The Bell Tolls
Scorpions – Lust Or Love
Surviour – Eye of the Tiger
The Doors – Roadhouse Blues
Van Halen – Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
5. KOOL 95.7 (not based off any station, still many stations named "KOOL" do exist in real life)
"Indie rock out in the open"
An indie rock station. Because nearly every game in the HD universe had one. Includes 16 songs with all sorts of tunes, makes listening to it a moody experience.
Ghost Beach – Crazy Heart
Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
The Ting Tings – Shut Up And Let Me Go
Babyshambles – Nothing Comes To Nothing
Bloc Party – Helicopter
The Libertines – Don't Look Back Into The Sun
Editors – Formaldehyde
Holograms – Meditations
The Von Bondies – This Is Our Perfect Crime
TV On The Radio – Wolf Like Me
Band Of Skulls – Patterns
Miles Kane – Come Closer
Kasabian – Reason Is Treason
Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict A Riot
Kings Of Leon – Use Somebody
This is it, the project i've been working on for the past month before realizing that it was pretty much impossible to make it due to the team's incompetency and game's limitations.
The reason I'm posting it here is to show off everything I've done so far, and to make sure all the effort that was put into it won't be totally wasted.
Edited by MiamiOwl, 21 October 2013 - 11:03 AM.