Quantcast

» «
Photo

Underage kids playing GTA O.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote now! (299 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you care if underag kids play GTA online?

1. Yes, they're underage and should not play. (191 votes [63.88%])

Percentage of vote: 63.88%

2. No, i dont care because they're not my child. (86 votes [28.76%])

Percentage of vote: 28.76%

3. Not sure. (22 votes [7.36%])

Percentage of vote: 7.36%

Vote
MitchyK
  • MitchyK

United Liberty Paper, Employee Of The Month

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'm not upset, i'm enjoying myself watching your poor justification. I'm not annoyed at them wanting a bazooka, I'm annoyed at them shouting C*nt licking mother f*cker at each other over the mic constantly while their parents are sat there doing nothing. As you get older your opinion will change. you don't think it will, but it does. Children should not be acting in this manner. I have seen some truly horrendous things happen to children in my line of work, and it's usually because of a lack of appropriate care/supervision. The kind of things I envision when these kids are online cussing and you can hear their parents in the background shouting at them, not to stop swearing, but to do it quieter cos they can't hear the TV! Yeah, good job.

Also, yes I can mute them, but it's getting tiring having to keep doing that on the weekend cos that's when the majority of kids come online and it's constant. In a 18 rated game, we should not be expected to have to deal with this. This is why I bought it. If I wanted to play with kids all day, i'd buy viva piñata, or get a job at radio 1.

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

I strongly believe that little children should not be playing this game. They simply can not handle the privilege of interacting with others. I will list some examples below.

The little children will scream, sing, or swear over the mic just to annoy everyone. When you tell them to please stop, they find that funny and continue doing it.

The little children will look at races as an opportunity to run into everyone and ruin the race thinking it's funny.

The little children will look at missions as an opportunity to ditch you, therefore leaving it up to you to finish it.

The little children will try to troll you.

The little children will do stupid things like cheat or purposely get bad sport and think it's funny.

How....

How is this different than the adult GTA players?

• henriquedematos and JohnTaper like this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

egoloss, have you also had cognitive function loss? You remonstrate DwnShft for saying he didn't wanna hear those 'little sh*theads' saying they would balst everyone with a bazooka. He has every right to be annoyed,. It's the main reason this game is an 18+. just because you're an incompetent parent and happy to let your little ones play GTA, doesn't mean we should be happy to listen to them. I have no idea if your kids are good or bad. That's irrelevant. CHILDREN should not be exposed to adult experiences. It can damage them for life. Yeah, it's only a game, it's a very sexist violent game that has a very sexist attitude. Kids will pick up those cues subconsciously and it will work it's way into their decision making and perception. no matter how subtly. No it won't make good kids bad, that argument is and always will be stupid. But it does expose children to things they shouldn't be seeing at their age. Just because their friends are playing it is not a defense, if their friends are doing crack behind the drama block at school I assume you'll let them join in too?
I'm a not a bitter old man, I enjoy gaming, among many hobbies, but I do think there are age ratings for a reason. I wouldn't invite my young son to play GTA any more than I would invite him to a strip club. I play GTA because i'm an adult. He doesn't because he's a child. Perhaps when you mature you'll do a better job with your kids.

Yours,

The bitter old man. (I'm 39 by the way, you imbecile)

Kids saying they are gonna unlock a bazooka actually annoys some of you? Very strange, you must have some real issues to think kids are sh*theads for saying that. I guess most of you were completely silent when you were kids and never said anything stupid. Yes, you are 39 and you are sounding like a grumpy old grandfather. Perhaps you are too old to be playing GTA, you obviously can't handle it. I don't understand why you don't just mute? Extremely pathetic for a man of your age to be on a forum getting upset about it.

just curious. how many hours of gameplay does little jr. need to spend on this game before they get to the point of using the bazooka? seems like most of their free time has been spent on playing this adult game in the last few weeks.

forget about this being a violent, sexiest game for a moment. I don't have kids but spending all day, everyday screaming foul language and racist slurs at virtual 7-11 employees doesn't seem like something id want my kid doing.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

When you punish a child with ass beatings/ the threat of a beating they learn real quick what to do and what not to do, every kid should have a good ass slapping a couple times in their life; it builds character and teaches right from wrong and also teaches them that they should think before acting not the other way around.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I strongly believe that little children should not be playing this game. They simply can not handle the privilege of interacting with others. I will list some examples below.

The little children will scream, sing, or swear over the mic just to annoy everyone. When you tell them to please stop, they find that funny and continue doing it.

The little children will look at races as an opportunity to run into everyone and ruin the race thinking it's funny.

The little children will look at missions as an opportunity to ditch you, therefore leaving it up to you to finish it.

The little children will try to troll you.

The little children will do stupid things like cheat or purposely get bad sport and think it's funny.

How....

How is this different than the adult GTA players?

I was going to add that this does not differ from uneducated dumbf*ck adults.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I let my 4 year old drive around and blow sh*t up. Volume gets turned down because of swearing. The kid plays Assassins Creed too. I just don't care to be honest. If he decides to act out what he sees The games get shut off

SynchronousSnake
  • SynchronousSnake

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

being a father I find they know this stuff isn't real and the behaviour described in these games are not to be duplicated...they don't play GTA or any adult games but they have observed them occasionally and have not expressed any interest as of yet into playing them they love Mario on the Wii and love all my old school stuff except Atari era stuff

that said Im 30 and have run into a lot of annoying kids online over the years but that's the nature of other peoples kids it seems.its not the games that make kids or people crazy that's in them from the get go.born that way. my solution is for a psychological test to be passed before going online with a mic

Chances14
  • Chances14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I don't care if they play but it's very annoying hearing their girly little screams all the time over their microphones

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Peoples arguments on here seem to have nothing to do with age but the way the kids act online... Which according to your arguments is the same way every other person acts online regardless of age. I personally wouldn't let my son play this game online but if somebody else decides to let their kid play online that's fine. You can't come off as a bigger douche than thinking your opinion is more valid than somebody else's.

One day you kids will move out of your parents houses and see what the real world is like. And if you are out of the house and trying to push your opinions on others you should have yourselves a nice lead salad for lunch.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by egoloss, 20 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

What some of you fail to understand, it's  probably the vast minority that scream terms like that into their mic. When I played as a kid, I would have never shouted stuff like that into the mic, because my parents would have killed me. I refuse to believe that most young kids are not the same. You only have a bad impression because it's the loud mouth vile minority who you obviously will hear over the quieter majority. Kids are the same as they always have been, some bad and some good. A game isn't going to change anything no matter how violent it is. There is much worse I am sure they have seen on tele.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here we go again with the psychologist and therapist acts

MrTrendall
  • MrTrendall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I have a 2 year old son that loves playing single player mode he just mashes the controls untill the guy falls over or gets in a car and then crashes everywhere.

My 8 year old daughter like driving around all day everyday.

I wont let them online as its my account they use for 5 10 minutes at a time while im making dinner or just having a short break.

If they were online I would set chat to freinds only as my friends are mature and know I have kids so if my kids are on the game or near the headset they keep it clean. First person that swears or throws profanitys at them would be the unfortunate person to think he was safe behind a computer screen as I would personally find a way to hunt them down and turn up at there door step and ram that microphone so far up there R* there parents would feel the pain.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 20 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

His little boys were sh*theads, too. "I'm gonna unlock a bazooka and blast everyone!"

They are sh*t heads for being excited saying how they are gonna play the game? Sound like proper little bastards for acting their age.

His little boys were sh*theads, too. "I'm gonna unlock a bazooka and blast everyone!"

They are sh*t heads for being excited saying how they are gonna play the game? Sound like proper little bastards for acting their age.

Exactly...for acting their age on a game not made for people of their age!

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Peoples arguments on here seem to have nothing to do with age but the way the kids act online... Which according to your arguments is the same way every other person acts online regardless of age. I personally wouldn't let my son play this game online but if somebody else decides to let their kid play online that's fine. You can't come off as a bigger douche than thinking your opinion is more valid than somebody else's.

One day you kids will move out of your parents houses and see what the real world is like. And if you are out of the house and trying to push your opinions on others you should have yourselves a nice lead salad for lunch.

Sure alot of people on here live in their mothers houses, are they the majority on here yes, but that doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on stuff like this. I've owned my own house since I was 19 now I'm 22 so I've owned my own home for 3 years now and I side with the people who agree that little children don't belong on line with us old farts, I think they should be put in their own servers away from the general population.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

egoloss, have you also had cognitive function loss? You remonstrate DwnShft for saying he didn't wanna hear those 'little sh*theads' saying they would balst everyone with a bazooka. He has every right to be annoyed,. It's the main reason this game is an 18+. just because you're an incompetent parent and happy to let your little ones play GTA, doesn't mean we should be happy to listen to them. I have no idea if your kids are good or bad. That's irrelevant. CHILDREN should not be exposed to adult experiences. It can damage them for life. Yeah, it's only a game, it's a very sexist violent game that has a very sexist attitude. Kids will pick up those cues subconsciously and it will work it's way into their decision making and perception. no matter how subtly. No it won't make good kids bad, that argument is and always will be stupid. But it does expose children to things they shouldn't be seeing at their age. Just because their friends are playing it is not a defense, if their friends are doing crack behind the drama block at school I assume you'll let them join in too?

I'm a not a bitter old man, I enjoy gaming, among many hobbies, but I do think there are age ratings for a reason. I wouldn't invite my young son to play GTA any more than I would invite him to a strip club. I play GTA because i'm an adult. He doesn't because he's a child. Perhaps when you mature you'll do a better job with your kids.

Yours,

The bitter old man. (I'm 39 by the way, you imbecile)

Beautiful. lol

• MitchyK likes this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by JohnTaper, 20 October 2013 - 05:01 PM.

So how are you going to make kids stay in a kids lobby? Are they going to have to be carbon dated via dna scan on the controller every time they play? Have a needle that comes out and takes a blood sample every time they sign online. There is no way that you would ever be able to keep people seperated like this unless there was an option that parents could set up where their kids could only play in childrens lobbies, and this would have to work on all games. Then RockStar and everybody else would have explain to the moral majority why they are making childrens lobbies for their mature game.

This is not the responsibility of a game developer or anybody except the guardian of the children. Kids are in every game online, not just this game. Get over it, they aren't going anywhere no matter what any of us think about the matter. Also, in my own personal experience I have been far more annoyed by so called adults than any kid I have ever encountered online.

Mr trendall you have nobody to blame for what your kids hear online except for yourself. How could you possibly think that people online won't say dumb sh*t to kids that you don't want them to hear. Obviously that's why you don't let them play online and this is not an attack, I am simply stating a point. I realize that this is a hypothetical situation but your hypothetical anger toward a would be cusser is completely ridiculous.

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I find it so annoying when they talk over the microphone. I just want to smack them down. I hate them.

But it is funny to make them rage quit.

baddestsupercec
  • baddestsupercec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah I think its fine. Most of the time anyway. Those kids you guys call "squeakers" who are screaming and swearing on the mic ruin it for other kids who aren't like that. My friend's younger brother has a mic collecting dust because everytime he uses it he gets laughed at or people say they will murder him. So yeah, I think it's okay.

MrTrendall
  • MrTrendall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Mr trendall you have nobody to blame for what your kids hear online except for yourself. How could you possibly think that people online won't say dumb sh*t to kids that you don't want them to hear. Obviously that's why you don't let them play online and this is not an attack, I am simply stating a point. I realize that this is a hypothetical situation but your hypothetical anger toward a would be cusser is completely ridiculous.

I did start to go off track. I can understand the odd word or two I ment those people that will sit there and scream profanity every other word directed at them.

But you are correct I cant control what others say. Altho Ido know if I ever heard my son screaming over the mic like I hear from time to time I would wash his mouth out with soap and take away the game. I dont understand how parents can be so oblivious to there child screaming so many bad words just up the stairs from themselfs. And allow them to get away with it. When I was younger I said my dinner was sh*t in a sheepish way and boy did I get taught a lesson couldnt sit down for a good hour still had lumps of bar soap wedged in the gaps of my teeth and lost all my toys for a week. Needless to say I missed my mega drive back then

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

As long as they don't have mics I'm fine with parents failing to be responsible parents. Which is part of the reason I don't want to play this game on PS4, it ships with a headset.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

My friend has younger brothers probably 8-10ish (maybe a bit older hell if I know) and they play GTA, GoW, etc and they're A students and perfectly normal kids. It's really not that big of a deal

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by MovieGuy786, 20 October 2013 - 05:36 PM.

When I encounter Little kids online I just inbox them. I usually write to shut the f¥ck up or I'll come over and suck your mom's t!t's while I make you watch, then shove your mic up your a$$.

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

When I encounter Little kids online I just inbox them. I usually write to shut the f¥ck up or I'll come over and suck your mom's t!t's while I make you watch, then shove your mic up your a$$.

proweedsmoker
  • proweedsmoker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

OP is a fag.

KiNqChEcKeR69
  • KiNqChEcKeR69

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

im 9 and i play u mad ?

F1erceK
  • F1erceK

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm on both sides of the fence on this issue. I grew up with the ability to play games like GTA, Die Hard (PS1), Doom (Sega 32x), Wolfenstein (PC/DOS). My parents never saw eye-to-eye on this, but it happened. I now have my own son, and the thought of letting him play games like this in 10 years when he's in middle school scares the sh*t out of me.

While it's better than being on the streets or out with questionable friends, too much can be over stimulating and could cause harm I think. I'm not going to divulge my opinion or go any further, while this is the internet I do respect my fellow GTA Forum peers and would not want to offend or inadvertently troll anyone.

Bottom line is I voted they shouldn't be allowed to play a game like this. Games back in the day were less violent and capable than GTA V, I think they would/did have less of an impact than games today have due to increased realism.

/End

Dudebot12125
  • Dudebot12125

Professional Dunce

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

To me, it comes down to how they handle the game. If they're going to come on and be a general annoyance by team killing, saying racial slurs, being a real asshole to players (Verbally and physically), etc. then I think the parents should think hard about letting them play again. On the flip side, if a kid is actually nice to everyone, doesn't flip out when you kill him calling "omg too elite for you hacking f*g c*cksucking b*tch, etc.", then I think he should be welcome to play. This may sound stupid but oh well :p It's my personal opinion, you don't have to like it.

• F1erceK likes this

Coolusername717
  • Coolusername717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

With mics, hell no.

Now if they're quiet and stay shut, I don't see why not.

Gta 1 and 2 age 9. The good ol' days am I right?

F1erceK
  • F1erceK

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I agree Dubebot, that's the stance my mother had when I was growing up on the matter and it does indeed work well - I turned out ok! :D lol

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by ROADSIDE_BUM, 20 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.

yea these kids need to gtfo.  the game panders to them being a virtual thug and they feel the need to roleplay this out  , to an adult GTA is a parody of our society, to these kids it is society.  try playing a DM and all u hear is some white kid sayng n-word every kill or death that involves him, goin into some wannabe gangster roleplay mode that im sure stays on even when he turns game off-these kids are fkn pathetic                      the server was too fuctup to mute them, and selecting friends/crew chat was broken also, imagine beings forced to listen to two 14 year olds both in tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users