Quantcast

» «
Photo

Underage kids playing GTA O.

121 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote now! (258 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you care if underag kids play GTA online?

1. Yes, they're underage and should not play. (169 votes [65.50%])

Percentage of vote: 65.50%

2. No, i dont care because they're not my child. (71 votes [27.52%])

Percentage of vote: 27.52%

3. Not sure. (18 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Before i start i'd like everyone to post mature answers please.

If you got nothing to say don't even bother.

So what do you think about kids playing Grand Theft Auto Online? Surely, there parents must not give a rats ass about there son and or daughter.

As you can see in the bold text above what is your thoughts about this?

it's okay to let them play but when they have a microphone and there is like 4 of them swinging racial slurs left and right it has to be down right mind blowing. Earlier this morning i heard a little pommy kid. Robbing a store and yelling at the cashier.. now clearly this doesn't bother me but that kid is throwing slurs like: ''ni**er, dickhead, Cock sucker, motherf*cker, Jew, greedy ass c*nt'' 

Does this kids parent care about him? come on seriously, If i was that kids parent i would belt the f*cking sh*t out of him.

and lock him in the basement for a week.

Have you encountered a kid in GTA O? what is your thoughts on this matter.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Don't care if kids play tbh, truth be told I imagine most of the hardcore GTA fans played one of the previous games while being underage.

I was prob around 10 or 11 when I first played gta 1.

That said I wish there was a age restriction on microphones.

• Colinized likes this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's better to keep them inside the house than outside being knobheads on the streets thinking they are cool when they are total fags
  • SCS_Skreamies likes this

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I can't stand coming across little kids especially when they have mics on omg their voices annoy the hell out of me. D;

OMGodzilla
  • OMGodzilla

Canada Inc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I don't agree with any of your poll options. I do agree with your post however. I have no problem if a 9 year old wants to play GTA V. The problem lays with the parents. Does this kid know better? Does he know not to swear? Does he know not to repeat what he sees on tv? Nowadays the answer is usually no because parents suck. I've played the series since I was 10 and I've always remained level headed both in-game and in real life. I'd get slapped upside the head for spitting on the side walk ffs. Blame the PARENTS and the SURROUNDINGS not the VIDEO GAME.

• B Dawg likes this

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Don't care if kids play tbh, truth be told I imagine most of the hardcore GTA fans played one of the previous games while being underage.

Yes but how would the age restriction work exactly?

''If you sound like a squeaker your mic banned''

ToriksLV
  • ToriksLV

PC gamer. GTA fanboy. Compton Warriors clan member. GTA V speedr

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I am hearing 8 year old kids all the time

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by poklane, 20 October 2013 - 01:51 PM.

I don't care. They don't shout through my TV since I mute them, and they're easy to beat. This goes for every game: CoD, BF, FIFA, GTA.

And if the kids are racists or are just talking sh*t, the parents have a problem and need to get the kid off the game and raise him normally. I know that if I would have a kid in the future and he would be talking sh*t online, I'd get him off the console and take the console away from him.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

i'm only 6. :blush:

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

So what do you think about kids playing Grand Theft Auto Online? Surely, there parents must not give a rats ass about there son and or daughter.

it's okay to let them play but when they have a microphone and there is like 4 of them swinging racial slurs left and right it has to be down right mind blowing. Earlier this morning i heard a little pommy kid. Robbing a store and yelling at the cashier.. now clearly this doesn't bother me but that kid is throwing slurs like: ''ni**er, dickhead, Cock sucker, motherf*cker, Jew, greedy ass c*nt'' 

Does this kids parent care about him? come on seriously, If i was that kids parent i would belt the f*cking sh*t out of him.

Are you a parent? I'm guessing not if you think it's ok to belt a child and lock them up. Anyway I dont let my kids play it, if they were close to the age then I'd be more lenient obviously.

To be honest though it's not like the older players set a great example, in fact most of them use worse language and homophobic/racial slur and have bigger tantrums than the kids so yeah...

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Since they got rid of the nudity for online, it really seems fine for kids to play.  Can you really point to anything in online that is truly vulgar?  The violence in GTA Online is tamer than something like Team Fortress 2.  I see no harm in it what-so-ever, but that could change as they release more content.

2mlg4u
  • 2mlg4u

♣2mlg4u♣

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Are you a parent? I'm guessing not if you think it's ok to belt a child and lock them up. Anyway I dont let my kids play it, if they were close to the age then I'd be more lenient obviously.

To be honest though it's not like the older players set a great example, in fact most of them use worse language and homophobic/racial slur and have bigger tantrums than the kids so yeah...

Who said i thought it was ok? Obviously i would not do that since that is child abuse.

OT though.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've played with kids. And my opinion is that you should not care about them that much, and just mute them if they annoy you.

Let's put it this way. If you were 7-12 or so and some older people were like "oh look a kid, leave", what would you think? Give the kids some slack, they could even play the game without even killing anyone. Or if they do kill... I don't know. All I can say is about my own experiences, but they can be different to others.

Back in 2008 or so, I was like 11. I played GTA IV Multiplayer a lot. And let's just say... I could be worse than I currently am.

You can say that they got bad parents for letting them to play GTA V... that's an opinion. Maybe they could be better parents. But I doubt that makes them bad parents, if the kid is otherwise alright (doesn't draw demons, doesn't have glowing eyes, isn't possessed). You know what I mean, right?

abc50010
  • abc50010

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by abc50010, 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM.

I know that any negative response to any type of thread in this forum is viewed as trolling because of how sensitive members are, but you can't be any more immature than making a type of thread like this.

Literally every day I see a new thread addressing kids in GTA online. Why? What possibly could you be discussing? Because there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about them. 

Not to mention they're not a problem at all due to the fact that you can mute them and even leave the session. There is absolutely no difference between a kid and OP besides the fact that the 13 year old may have lost his virginity and OP hasn't. 

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

And you made an account here when you were like 4, sure.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Who said i thought it was ok? Obviously i would not do that since that is child abuse.
OT though.

To be honest if I heard my kids talking like some do I'd go nuts at them, obviously the basement thing though tempting would be a bit far lol

Sir Phil McKraken
  • Sir Phil McKraken

International Squeaker Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Sir Phil McKraken, 20 October 2013 - 01:57 PM.

When I join servers, I don't go around killing players randomly. But if I hear a kid/squeaker being a real twat over the mics, then I will load up on sniper ammo and hunt them down and kill them repeatedly. Punishment for underage gaming ;) Check my description :p

I once spawned at Trevor's airfield and this player came over to me and just started beating me up and laughing down his mic. When I ran a few feet away and killed him with a shotgun, he screamed down the mic at me. He was with 4 other little sh*ts and they all wanted the Annihilator that had spawned because of my rank having unlocked it. As soon as I respawned, I tossed a sticky onto it blowing it up along with them. I'm surprised the game didn't screw up with the volume of kid rage. I proceeded to hunt them down for the next half hour sniping them from atop a hill while they had no idea where it was coming from. I felt like a dick but it was one of the funniest things I've done Online so far :p

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

I'm fine with children playing this game, do they should not be allowed to use mics. They hurt my ears -.-

Bubaroo
  • Bubaroo

Crackhead

• Members

I let my eight year old play it. He is only allowed to do the races and only in a closed lobby with me.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I played mature games when I was a kid. If I had some randomer on the internet telling me it was wrong, I wouldn't have cared. Some of the most fun I had with the PS1 was playing Resident Evil. Not all youngsters are mouthy little gobsh*te's talking crap over a mic. Kids 12+ should have the mental capacity to be ok with mature games. The only problem they might have is not understanding references to "grown up" topics within some games. I say let them play. 

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

they same people you hear in lobby talking & talking & talking

are the kids who didn't learn to shut up

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

And you made an account here when you were like 4, sure.

of course not. my mommy did it for me. :cool:

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

When I was a kid there was no online, the first online gaming experience was most likely socom

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

90s Parents > 2000+ parents

basically todays parents are young and stupid >_>

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Implying kids in the 90's weren't playing mature games...

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 20 October 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Implying kids in the 90's weren't playing mature games...

i am a 90s kid and played GTA and RE as a kid but i was mature and also an honor student who enjoys science and reading however todays kids are complete idiots and will bitch if anything isn't simple which is why we have way more casual gamers today than we did back then >_>

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

My wife`s cousin has a kid about 6. He is busy and most of the day gone, with his wife sometimes working, sometimes not - mostly housewife.

Now, he`s too busy boasting and she is too busy looking at cheap soap operas, which leaves the kid uneducated and with too much time on his hands. They obviously bought a PC only for said kid and are very proud that he can open youtube and play whatever he can find online. That is not a healthy thing to do for a child of his age. Upon trying to explain this to him and his wife, he told me a dry: "You don`t have children so you have no idea what`s like". This coming after the kid has already slapped his mother once for not doing whatever he wanted at that time.

I can clearly see this uneducated "everything in the world belongs to me" little punk playing GTA in the future and acting like he doesn`t give a damn. He is only doing what was taught at home, sadly.

tl;dr: Stupid or bad parents. Rules exist for a reason. Some decide their kids don`t need rules. 

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

better yet. age restrictions on who you can hear.

like the " not friend" thing. but for people who are too young.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't agree with any of your poll options. I do agree with your post however. I have no problem if a 9 year old wants to play GTA V. The problem lays with the parents. Does this kid know better? Does he know not to swear? Does he know not to repeat what he sees on tv? Nowadays the answer is usually no because parents suck. I've played the series since I was 10 and I've always remained level headed both in-game and in real life. I'd get slapped upside the head for spitting on the side walk ffs. Blame the PARENTS and the SURROUNDINGS not the VIDEO GAME.

This is the problem.

Too many parents don't care if their kid is yelling into his mic "f*ck you you f*cking ni**er bitchs ill f*cking rape your mom up the ass!"

It's disturbing when parents don't care that their kids are saying that they raped my mom and dad.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Poll options are biased, as if everyone thinks children shouldn't play. I wouldn't care even if they were my child. I was playing Tenchu, Resident Evil, and GTA games as a kid, and the only impact it had on me was making my life more enjoyable. It also makes it easier to make friends, since you have more interesting things to talk about.

If the age of the people you play with is such a big concern to you, you probably need to focus on improving how interesting you are as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users