Dell Laptop Rant

3 replies to this topic
FunkyFruitCup
  • FunkyFruitCup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hello GTAForums Community,

I haven't posted in a VERY long time but that's about to change. This time my post is about Dell. Here goes;

I bought a Dell Inspiron 3520 from Dell back in November 2012 for Christmas. The mayhem started from ordering it.... the order was put back 5 weeks because they had never taken the money out of my bank account! Anyway after that, I got it in time for Christmas. All was fine for 6 months, then the hard drive packed up along with the fan, the trackpad, the keyboard and most of the USB ports. Dell got me to send it into their repair department in the UK and after 7 days, they sent it back to me all repaired. 

Skip on to 2 weeks ago, a Dell Repairman had to come out because the fan, the trackpad and the keyboard packed up... again.

Now skip onto now, the fan has packed up and will not blow out air. I got onto Dell Chat, the person phoned me up, redirected me to Technical Support and got hung up on.

I'll probably update as I go along, wish me luck!

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Dell can't do cheap laptops...they are just sh*t. More expensive laptops however are great. Quality is so much better.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by drr26, 10 November 2013 - 11:28 PM.

dell are sh*t, f*cking sh*t

but cheap ebay laptops if you are desperate, like me right now lol - roll on my custom PC when I can afford the bits

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by F4L?, 19 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

The 2 Dell laptops I owned functioned quite well for some years, one the HDD failed, the other still runs actually, my dad uses it as his laptop, I gave it to him after I broke the screen (and reinstalled the OS removing any trace of me obviously.)

However in my experience i've found laptops that feel cheap physically, are likely poorly designed inside as well, the Inspiron is made of tacky plastic. The HP Laptop i've now owned for two years is f*cking brilliant, it is of steel construction, and got it at an absolute bargain and it still runs great after two years and me not really taking care of it. It's got some dents in the metal, missing plastic around the bezel after a few bike crashes with laptop in hand, but it still runs fine, no weird noises, no overheating.

My younger sister purchased a new laptop around a similar time I did, she bought one of those plasticy gigs fros Asus despite my urging for her not to, surprise surprise it's been riddled with issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users