Photo

catch up is the most stupid thing ever

8 replies to this topic
AlexRiQ
  • AlexRiQ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

why would you penalize the fastest guy? It's impossible to win if u are first in most of the races

• Kouhia likes this

Kouhia
  • Kouhia

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I think there should be an option in the quick job menu to join the races that has no catch up

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think there should be an option in the quick job menu to join the races that has no catch up

Not a bad idea actually, although, its already hard enough finding a lobby with racers in it lol

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yeah its rediculous the amount of races ive been blown out of it by these dopes its annoying when they do it at the start but there nothing worse than when your having a clean race and you go nearly all the way to the end only for some prick to pit ya on the last few corners when you've no chance of catching up

im sick of playing nice because it seems like theres not 1 genuine racer out there ha having the catch up off and traffic on is really the only way to beat these fools so would be great to be able to join specific lobbys

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I wish I didn't have to turn it off for EVERY race!

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Can someone explain to me what this feature is?

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's known that it gives the lead racer a speed handicap. It may have other effects too.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

i have no problem with using catch up in races i host since it gives everyone a fair chance to win, it's the jerks who pit you or slam you off track that ruin it though.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah its rediculous the amount of races ive been blown out of it by these dopes its annoying when they do it at the start but there nothing worse than when your having a clean race and you go nearly all the way to the end only for some prick to pit ya on the last few corners when you've no chance of catching up

im sick of playing nice because it seems like theres not 1 genuine racer out there ha having the catch up off and traffic on is really the only way to beat these fools so would be great to be able to join specific lobbys

I think the idea of having catch-up stop for the last 3 or so checkpoints in any race is a good one.  I think we've all had someone crash us out of 1st place into 6th at the very end of the race. 

For casual competition catch up simply makes racing more appealing.  With unpredictable traffic that affects each racer differently and multiple player caused accidents, etc,  I personally don't mind it on because races are boring when you are 5 seconds ahead of everyone and nobody can catch up.  Generally most people finish the race when catch-up is on and therefore everyone gets RP and $$.  I've been in several races where it is not enabled and half the lobby gets DNF therefore no $ and no RP which isn't appealing at all.

If you are having serious competitions, then you can always create your own lobbies and turn it off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users