Quantcast

» «
Photo

Trolled by the GTA online race judges AGAIN.

33 replies to this topic
R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Am I the only one thats been trolled before? I hosted a 6 player race, and turned catchup off. I was in second place, and everyone else HAD to have been ATLEAST 10 seconds behind. So Im LITERALLY bumper to bumper with the first place guy, and I obviously came in second, but the screen said I was in 4th after I passed the line, wtf? Im all "Uh......I think theres been a mistake, I CLEARLY came in second" and the judges were all "Lol nope. Go f*ck yourself. You're in 4th.now. U mad, bro?"

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

You do sound mad

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

They always help me out. I clearly finish in 2nd and then... 1st. That's happened like 3 times. Maybe the guy in first instantly left or something I didn't really notice.

Soulchild
  • Soulchild

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

Maybe you missed a checkpoint...?

• blakeney likes this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yeah I've gone from 4th to second on a few rare occasions... Not too bad though, nothing to lose sleep over, you still earn money coming last!

dethbiker
  • dethbiker

basketball and heavy metal.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

What judges? Did I miss something? Sound like I missed something big, dude!

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

for whatever reason, i can never get people to join when i host anything. what am i doing wrong?

i hate being kicked upon joining any race? im like wtf did i do?

but most of all, i hate those "rubbing is racing" idiots who you can tell by the way they are driving they just want some kind of revenge or to knock you out (your still going to loose... and most the time you just knock yourself out) so yea, i get where you are going with this.

random jumpy cars, and lag issues as well.. kinda sucks.

• StewNorth likes this

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yes, update 1.04 really messed up the scoreboards.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

for whatever reason, i can never get people to join when i host anything. what am i doing wrong?

but most of all, i hate those "rubbing is racing" idiots who you can tell by the way they are driving they just want some kind of revenge or to knock you out (your still going to loose... and most the time you just knock yourself out) so yea, i get where you are going with this.

Seems like you need to join my crew man, you just pretty much quoted my issues with gta online racing. Which is why I'm forming a network of racers who only race clean, also means there's always a good chance of a quality crew race happening you can join

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

It happens.  I was in a 16 bike race, finished 6th, and the top 8 ended up 8-16, but strangely still got the cash as though our positions were correct.  FUBAR.

cfrostyscriv
  • cfrostyscriv

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

LAG

• Kazandra likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Seems like you need to join my crew man, you just pretty much quoted my issues with gta online racing. Which is why I'm forming a network of racers who only race clean, also means there's always a good chance of a quality crew race happening you can join

no offense, but i am fed up with racing at all as well as trying to make money legit in this game. so me and a buddy decided to just do 1v1, 1 lap, over and over until we get all mods unlocked. problem solved, and i will never race again. all i want is the upgrades, and money.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

licky licky ball bags? anyone wanna add me im only level 17but do good stuff plenty of fun without being dicks to each other
  • Canibitch likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yes, update 1.04 really messed up the scoreboards.

I saw it happen a few times before the latest patch tbh.

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

I did a Rally race with 4 people, so there were 2 teams. My team somehow finished 3rd out of 2. After the first team finished, my team's position marker at the bottom-right during the race said 'Position: 3/2,' and when we finished, some of the player names were mashed on top of each other in the standings. This was about 2 or 3 patches ago.

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

no offense, but i am fed up with racing at all as well as trying to make money legit in this game. so me and a buddy decided to just do 1v1, 1 lap, over and over until we get all mods unlocked. problem solved, and i will never race again. all i want is the upgrades, and money.
Yeah no worries mate, simply meant for the fun of racing. Sorry to hear of your bitter taste

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Am I the only one thats been trolled before? I hosted a 6 player race, and turned catchup off. I was in second place, and everyone else HAD to have been ATLEAST 10 seconds behind. So Im LITERALLY bumper to bumper with the first place guy, and I obviously came in second, but the screen said I was in 4th after I passed the line, wtf? Im all "Uh......I think theres been a mistake, I CLEARLY came in second" and the judges were all "Lol nope. Go f*ck yourself. You're in 4th.now. U mad, bro?"

This happened to me once. I was in 2nd but the game said 4th, I think It's a Lag Issue.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 07 December 2013 - 08:23 PM.

So is there any proper explanation as to why this happens?

I was in 2nd the whole race with only 1 guy in front in a race tonight then when I passed the finish line it said I finished 2nd, it then went to the scoreboard screen which said I was in 2nd but then it changed and put me in 4th?

So is it lag, a bug or just the fact this game is sh*t?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Just happened to me twice - I came first, says second then 'winner'

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

It's lag. You're racing people all over the world, some with what feels like dial up connections. It sucks, but there very little Rockstar can do. Lag is the bane of every developer of online games.

• Kazandra likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Definitely lag.  I usually leave races where I see people's cars start sinking into the ground.  That usually means it's very laggy.

• watchclock likes this

NYFTW
  • NYFTW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Why you mad?

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I was against a particularly dirty racer yesterday, ramming me at every opportunity, swearing down the mic whenever I passed him. He rams me off straight into a wall on the last corner of the race then starts shouting obscenities at me when he crossed the line in first.

At the mission end screen, I had finished second, but I got $9000 and about 3000rp while he got $6000 and 2000rp.

I don't know how or why this happens, but I'm glad it happened then because that guy rage quit so fast it nearly blew my console over.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

I think it is lag. I've noticed if happens for me at around 11-12pm mostly. I'm in London and that seems to coincide with what I expect is peak usage in East Coast of US. The amount of players there must be there just means I'm more likely to get someone with a dodgy connection. I reckon at least.

miklad
  • miklad

...playing since Pong.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

With regards to being kicked - my crew only play once a week (Monday evenings) in an invite only lobby. Occasionally, someone will join a race/mission and we kick them - not to be mean, but just because we like it private. We always tell them over the mic too. So perhaps this is happening to you? It's nothing personal mate, I guess it's just how some folk roll... :)

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

I've had this! Very painful as I'd won a 10-man race - and the rankings said the same thing, but when the positions screen came up it told me I was 7th.

I was nonplussed. 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Happened once. Was clearly 2nd, arrived first.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

It's lag. You're racing people all over the world, some with what feels like dial up connections. It sucks, but there very little Rockstar can do. Lag is the bane of every developer of online games.

Theres nothing they can do? Are you serious? They can put the effort into fixing the matchmaking and stop matching players from all over the world. But they wont because it has no impact on their revenue. 

AgentSimons
  • AgentSimons

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

What is the gamertag of the judges? Perhaps you can send a message to them and ask why.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

3rd and 4rth place were actually ahead of you but the lag in yours or their connection made it seem like they were a few seconds behind you when in reality final lap/race times end up in proper order.

Your perception of the world is often 1-2 seconds behind everyone else. In an extremely close race 2 seconds can be the difference between 2nd and 4rth.

Just bad luck or bad connection.

and if they FIXED matchmaking so that you only ended up with people with perfect connections you'd only be playing with your neighbor next door... I'll take a little lag if I can blast some limey Brit out of his penny loafers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users