Quantcast

» «
Photo

☠ Grand Theft Auto Online is not going to survive ☠

160 replies to this topic

Poll: The survival of, "Grand Theft Auto Online". (700 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Grand Theft Auto Online will survive?

1. Yes. ✔ (349 votes [49.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.86%

2. I am not sure. (148 votes [21.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

3. No. ✘ (203 votes [29.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's not going to last much longer than a month. Online is pretty stale already and the payout nerf makes it even worse. Also next gen comes out next month so theres that as well

The payouts are good, it just effects the players who play legitimately. The cheaters need to be reset and then everything will balance out.

An Arctic Fox
  • An Arctic Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lol everyone talking about next gen consoles....I'll stick to my PC

• Vrgadin likes this

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

there's loads of players online at all times. There'll always be people playing it.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

i was a legit player, until rockstar updated.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

i was a legit player, until rockstar updated.

I see.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Bump.

die231
  • die231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I stopped reading when you mentioned the word ''economy''.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

yes, it;s a long term Multi milion dollar project

they're not just going to walk away because of some start up problems (no matter how severe some people may think they are)

I do think the player base will fluctuate a lot

and I don't think simple DLC's like the beach bum pack will be enough

but from what I understand the whole reason they're treating online seperately is because they will add to it over time

than again the gta 4 DLC's didn't do all that well online either so who knows, it's a fickle crowd to please these gamers

personally I'll just keep playing this sh*t for a long time to come, just like with gta4

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

As with most titles there will be the die hards that continue to support and the game hoppers who need that instant fix

I for one will be playing this for many months to come and look forward to the time when the true GTA fans are the only ones left making it a far more enjoyable experience

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

1X2atlb.png

Vrgadin
  • Vrgadin

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Vrgadin, 27 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Haha real fun is next gen gaming but please enjoy your dinosaur console peasant

funny iv been "next gen gaming"  for the last 5 years on a high end gaming rig.  that makes you a peasant to me, even with your static, unupgradeable ps4/xbox one

peasant

when you learn to oc your cpu over 4.2 ghz and crossfire a few titans, than you can be considered something other than dirt

• Casp3r421 likes this

Hootytooty
  • Hootytooty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by Hootytooty, 28 October 2013 - 04:08 AM.

Still just coming across as you being bitter about not having the cojones to glitch tbh.

I'm having much more fun in my CR farmed Buzzard and LSC farmed Rhino than I would ever have had replaying the same tedious, repetitive missions over and over.

And let's quash this ludicrous notion of there being an in-game economy right here and now. There is no in-game economy. Players do not buy goods and services from other players. Rockstar is the store, the players are the customers. Loads of people having huge amounts of money doesn't affect anyone else's ability to buy things at all - which is precisely why there are cash cards. Rockstar never intended for people to buy the really high-end stuff, Adders and Rhinos etc, with money they earned through legitimate game play. They intended the vast majority of those high end purchases to be made with cash cards.

If anyone out there is playing legitimately and saving up for, say, a super car or a helicopter, they will feel gratification for about 10 minutes after buying it, and then fairly quickly they will realise that it was a complete and utter waste of time. The same goes for paying real money for them.

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by Casp3r421, 28 October 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Lol everyone talking about next gen consoles....I'll stick to my PC

Yeah this. Can't wait to run a gta online with max traffic and peds. (And shut your face doubters. It's gonna happen)

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by Canucks555, 28 October 2013 - 11:50 PM.

GTA5 online will survive just nicely.

That's not opinion, just fact.

The notion that a game of this stature and sales is gonna fail is *almost troll-like. Just sayin :)

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

M'eh. It'll last a long time. The people you see complaining are the minority. Just like people who complain on Amazon or Tripadvisor. People that are generally happy with their item don't go out of their way to go online and praise it.

Got stuck in a cloud on launch day but since 7am on 10/2, I've had zero problems with anything. I'm sure I'm not alone. I see tons of people each time I log on...all having fun. Not everyone can afford a new fangled system, at least, not until they've been out awhile. 

Getting all your information from here and other GTA fansites is biased and I wouldn't predict anything based on said information. 

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Call it a beta. Fix any and all money making glitches. Reset everything / everyone. If the servers don't get a full reset IMO, BAWSAQ will never run properly.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Call it a beta. Fix any and all money making glitches. Reset everything / everyone. If the servers don't get a full reset IMO, BAWSAQ will never run properly.

True.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

everyone i play with online is getting bored.  i think i am too.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

After today's XBL update and inability to access my current SP saves, I'm now in the middle and voted the no man's land option.  Hard to project anything as of now, because R* is being so tight lipped and secretive about everything.

The botched launch was understandable given the scope and undertaking of trying to get GTAO off the ground. The delay on the stimulus and DLC is disappointing but also understandable. I'll just have to wait until they release the freebies so I can enjoy more content in the game.

I'm more concerned about them fixing the persistent bug issues in the game though.  Stuff like char deletion, broken passive mode, persistent unreliable servers, which  unpredictably drop/kick your char from the mission for no technical reason etc.

And especially the fact my char has been unable to remove certain articles of clothing.  He's been stuck running around LS wearing that cheap bullet proof vest since day 1.  The only time he actually removes it is when he takes a shower >,<

Then there is the fact the shark cards are still unavailable for purchase. Perhaps the delay on these is because the farmers and cheaters inflated the GTA$ game currency with their glitching? So perhaps R* is  waiting for these players to spend enough cash on buying stuff to get their bank accounts down to normal levels? If so, that's going to suck for those of us who play the fair way and so level up at a significantly slower rate.

Stuff like these make me wonder if they'll ever get around to addressing the glitches, let alone a minor cosmetic glitch like my char's clothing. 

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

if they keep doing what they've been doing then it wont last

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

I think it has no chance of surviving as "an epic online experience" and it's barely about 10% of the fun that Rockstar promised us in the trailers and gameplay.
So no, it's a disappointment, even for a person (me) who didn't get hyped up at all until the last week or so. I didn't wait for this game, I just heard my cousin talking about buying it and I decided to join him.

I was hoping for a lot more. Mostly for a competent company that wouldn't f*ck this sh*t up so badly, especially with the character losses and their way of dealing with the recovery of these characters - which was non existent. They cannot redeem themselves anymore.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I hope that the answer to this is 'yes'. But I really am not sure.
Due to the money cuts from replaying missions, they have no real replay value.
Due to the fact there are a small amount of missions, this is boring.
Team deathmatches are very glitchy and I often somehow get shot through walls, or two enemies spawn behind me? Why?.. I don't know but that is ridiculous.

But yeah, they need to start addressing the real issues.
Notice how they can fix a glitch in a week, but the problems that don't involve the players making ludicrous amounts of money take far longer? Odd that isn't it?

Rockstar dissapoints me slightly, but at the same time pleases me.. It's reminiscent of sleeping with a prostitute. Delightful pleasure, heart breaking shame.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

It's already basically dead for free aim. Most of the skilled players have moved on to battlefield but Im not buying that till ps4. They will be back after they realize how sh*tty it is for PS3 and when DLC and Heists come out.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

can someone explain this to me please...because I am truly uneducated in this field.

Will the stock market be set up where the volume is affected by the millions of online players.....or will it be set up for every individual player just like single player.

And any links to legit written material explaining this?

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

It will last long enough for me. I wasn't trying to play GTA:Online forever... 

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:25 AM

If they stay the current course? No.

This.

However I really wish people would stop talking about new consoles like everyone switches over.  There's people still getting PS3s for the first time, and if you remember correctly, PS2 outsold PS3 for what was it, a year after its release?

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:46 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 01 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

can someone explain this to me please...because I am truly uneducated in this field.

Will the stock market be set up where the volume is affected by the millions of online players.....or will it be set up for every individual player just like single player.

And any links to legit written material explaining this?

my assumption -- and based on how this feature was over hyped--is that it will be based on 2 things: random market fluctuations and  player activity on the servers. More specifically, I thought the market would be a dynamic, event driven feature based on the actions of what players were doing online atm.

Example how market could work: your crew buys hundreds of shares in Merryweather securities.  Then they go on a crime spree and strategically target all Gruppe 6 trucks in FM. They rob/blow up all of this company's trucks over a certain amount of time.

Technically, if the online market system were as dynamic as R* was proclaiming it to be, then it would reflect a significant drop in Gruppe 6 share price in real game time.  Also since Gruppe 6 partners with Bank of Liberty in the game, then you could expect this bank's share prices to drop as well.

So theoretically, your crew would stand to make some serious $$$$ off the misfortunes of both these companies. Because you could expect the share prices of these company competitors (e.g. Merryweather, Maze Bank etc) to rise, as a result of a negative market reaction to the event.  Same multi-million dollar payday for any online players who were lucky to invest in these companies BEFORE the heist event occurred---even though they lacked the insider knowledge of what your crew did to game the stock market system. 

In SP, changes like these were scripted and happened over a 24-72 hr period like with Lesters Assassination missions.  However, since online is supposedly a dynamic event, then stock prices should be 100% random or world event triggered.  Also changes in company share prices would need to occur over a shorter period, in order to be a practical enough income making tool for players to use. So your char could make an investment buying say 10,000 shares in Merryweather at $10/share. Then go do a mission/job. At the end of the mission, your char might find that other players actions and/or random market fluctuations have spiked their $10/share investment to $100/share or a sweet $1 million. Which you could then choose to sell at max profit.  You could also further exploit the situation and buy depressed shares in Bank of Liberty and/or Gruppe 6 at a minimum price to sell at a later date etc.

If R* sets up the market to work like above, then heists will make the economy even more interesting for investing online.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

I'd like to say that you have very bad points. Some of this didn't even happen to half the play population. Foolish statistics. Go home America. You're drunk.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

gta iv multi player thrived from 08 till V came out 5 years later...... gtao has 1000% more things to do online than gta iv....... now think about the question you are asking......

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

This game is as good as dead if it doesn't come out on next gen. 2 more weeks and a huge amount of players will convert, I doubt anyone will keep the archaic ps3 hooked up just to play GTA:O when they have a new shiny console, hell i didn't play GTA V for like a week when I first got my xbox 360 lol. It was only when online came out that I started playing again, and the only reason I'm still playing is because I glitched. 

By Christmas, the servers will be killed off even more. Don't know why Rockstar said GTA:O was ever evolving when it'll be done by this time next year with probably less than 50% of the people that are playing now lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users