Quantcast

» «
Photo

☠ Grand Theft Auto Online is not going to survive ☠

160 replies to this topic

Poll: The survival of, "Grand Theft Auto Online". (700 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Grand Theft Auto Online will survive?

1. Yes. ✔ (349 votes [49.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.86%

2. I am not sure. (148 votes [21.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

3. No. ✘ (203 votes [29.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

the game is aghost town already. since day one I get put into empty sessions. the traffic and npc disappear from the streets and the phone rings but it doesn't do anything else.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

IF R* will stop thinking about money whoring then maybe and just maybe we might see GTA Online in it`s full glory on PC/PS4/Xbox1.

madhojo
  • madhojo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Ok two things,

One, there is no economy. The stock market is not working (and has unlimited amounts of stock anyway) and you can't trade items or sell items, there is no economy.

Two, people are getting bored because there isn't enough coop. This was supposed to be coop first with dm thrown in if you wanted to play it. (See the trailer if you don't believe me). Instead it's almost all competitive, heck you even auto aim against crew members! You can no longer replay NPC missions like you can rockstar missions, you also can not select NPC missions from the mission/job selection menu. THAT IS WHY THIS GAME IS BORING! Because unless you and your crew enjoy walking around an apartment or tracking down players to kill, which can get damn expensive, there isn't a lot to do for a team that plays coop.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Its GTA, ill still be playing this like all the GTA fans out there even when i get my PS4 next month.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Typical Republican fear-mongering from Jock Cranley!

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think your opinion is dead wrong. Things are fine. 

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

the game is aghost town already. since day one I get put into empty sessions. the traffic and npc disappear from the streets and the phone rings but it doesn't do anything else.

you're doing something wrong...all of my sessions are full..and if they start to empty out..i click "find a new session:"

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

I don't think GTAO was a good idea ever. They should have just had a GTAIV style multiplayer.

I don't care if everyone has money, it should be easy to get it.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't think GTAO was a good idea ever. They should have just had a GTAIV style multiplayer.

this  :^:

they need a mode with free health, armor, and weapon pick-ups where people can shoot the sh*t out of each other without having to worry about money or being a "bad sport".

there is too much crap you have to do now and not enough freedom. :(

• madhojo likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

I fully agree with jock. SP such a GOTY game but MP is just a BETA. I'm not talking about just bad cloud servers. I'm talking about the game is generally NOT tested. Modding a car in LS then joining a friend while in the LS garage wont save your parts but you still loose your money. It makes sense that happens but it's not fixed... Probably the last post i make here until 10/11/13

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

R* actions are a bit confusing to me atm. They are patching this game at alarming rate, and patches aren't cheap. I'm actually surprised MS and Sony are allowing them to patch this often. It shows that R* is at least trying.
The payout nerf is a bit of a disapointment and the glitching thing got out of hand, but R* still has one ace up their sleeve. If they do the heist thing right, they can still save this ship. If they make the heist engrossing and time consuming with a huge payout, it would go a long way to helping this game. Co-op, and the so called economy could both benefit if they get that aspect right.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

another "EVERYONE SHOULD BE RESTARTED" thread. I dont respect you. At all.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

They should've released the content creator and heists from the beginning. Considering those were two of the main selling points for me, I find it a bit bizarre that they haven't released them yet (but have released 4 patches in under a month and the only issue they've fixed really is the medical bills one). Heists would have been fine if there was, say, a level 20 requirement for them. I also wish that there could have been a 'classic' mode, where it's essentially RDR ported to GTA online- things like the gang attack mode would still be present, but nothing is persistent beyond the session.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I know that many of you are thinking the same thing, and based on my knowledge, sadly, I think it may be true.

1. The Launch

As we all know, the launch was horrific. Rockstar hyped up Grand Theft Auto Online beyond belief to the point where nobody could wait any longer for it to be released. On October 1st Grand Theft Auto Online was released and happy players started pouring in, ready to start their journey. Little did every single player know that everything would go to hell. Servers were breaking and everyone's stuff was being deleted. Sadly it is still happening 20 days later.

2. Endurance

Players started giving up after dealing with everything being deleted and starting from scratch dozens of times. Everyone was furious, every site that had to do with Grand Theft Auto 5 was flamed with frustrated players. After a couple days of major issues and having to start over multiple times, Grand Theft Auto Online already started getting old and boring. It almost seemed like Grand Theft Auto Online was a big mistake. Players simply got so frustrated that they just didn't care anymore and gave up.

3. Economy

It is now to late to save the economy. Grand Theft Auto Online is now filled with hundreds of thousands of cheaters with substantial amounts of money. The cheaters have been spending and sharing their illegal money with legit players therefore making the money almost impossible to track. All of the players who are still having their accounts deleted will now have to start over again, and that will be very difficult. Especially now with the job payouts being less. And on top of all that, there is a giant $500,000 stimulus package coming our way, ready to imbalance the economy even more, making money that much more worthless.

4. Next Generation

Sadly, Grand Theft Auto 5 will not be released on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. This means that Grand Theft Auto Online will be a ghost town in the near future. If you were thinking of Grand Theft Auto Online being a constantly updated MMORPG on the console, you thought wrong. I think Grand Theft Auto Online was the last push to squeeze a little more money out of our pockets, and that is not going to work because there is no point in buying GTA$ if you can glitch millions of dollars for free and not get banned. Grand Theft Auto Online being popular is quickly coming to an end, which means Rockstar will be losing money.

5. Trust

Going along with my Endurance section, this is the last straw. Players no longer trust Rockstar with Grand Theft Auto Online. Grand Theft Auto Online was a disaster from the beginning and still is 20 days later. As thousands of major issues are appearing, things just aren't seeming to get any better. Even if Rockstar says that the issues are or will be fixed, there is an extremely big chance they could be completely wrong. Patch 1.04 was just released to, "fix" a lot of issues, but instead did more harm then it did good. Players can no longer play Grand Theft Auto Online without the thought of everything they are doing being deleted. That right there makes the game not compelling at all.

Solution

I believe that the only solution to fixing this is by Rockstar calling these past couple of weeks a beta. Grand Theft Auto Online should be completely wiped therefore forcing everyone to start from scratch in a stable environment where a good majority of the glitches and exploits are fixed. Rockstar should also plan on making Grand Theft Auto Online for the next generation consoles. Therefore expanding Grand Theft Auto Online's life span for many years to come. 

What do you think about this? What do you think about Grand Theft Auto Online? Do you think it will survive?

Hit the nail on the head. Good work. I agree 100%

Fraizer
  • Fraizer

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Unfortunately I see GTA:O failing in the long run. I was so excited to hear that there was going to be a "revolutionary" online experience with V, but after playing it, it feels like a step backwards in the online multiplayer world. There are just too many things wrong with the way R* executed it. the matchmaking is terrible, the constant updates that fix one thing but break another, the fact that there is nothing to do but at the same time there are so many activities. It's just... Boring.

It wouldn't be so bad if Rockstar just had a separate matchmaking lobby for each mode. Just like Red Dead, where I never, from day one, had a problem finding a full deathmatch lobby that would consistently stay full.

I feel like a lot of the time I am just wasting my time trying to find a lobby that I want to play in. I play deathmatch once, do well, everybody leaves, nobody else joins... So I exit, return to free roam, rejoin a deathmatch, then the process starts all over again. It's almost takes as much time to join a match that it does to play one. Multiplayer is just too tedious to be fun. I will just stick to GTA single player from now on.
  • M210F likes this

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hopefully once they have all the actual problems sorted, they can look to adding new content.

Which won't be for a long time.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Haha, go check out my NAT Type thread on my content page.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

No. Rockstar wants to make money off of GTA Online through micro transactions. The reason why people would by micro transactions is because there are rare items that not everyone can get their hands on. And in order to get that rare item, you have to make a lot of money. But money is hard to get, therefore it persuades players to buy GTA$. If it were all free mode then every single thing would be available to everyone, making the game un-compelling and money worthless.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

At this rate ptfffff. Can it really be this hard to get it right? They have no clue and neither do I.

Because GTAO is the only game in history with a bad launch. This thread is dumb

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

At this rate ptfffff. Can it really be this hard to get it right? They have no clue and neither do I.

Because GTAO is the only game in history with a bad launch. This thread is dumb

Yeah pretty much, at least from an extremely well known reliable developer such as Rockstar Games.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I love it.  Has Rockstar confirmed that it'd never appear on PS4?  With the PSN network sign in, everything gets transferred over to any new future console generations anyway...I see it still thriving.  I'll keep playing.  I have yet to see a successful launch of any new game.  This is pretty typical in the technology world to have bugs.  Disney Infinity was a colossal failure at launch.  That game is broken out of the box and you have to do a forced update or the game isn't even playable.  (And, I feel sorry for any Wii owners of that game as it's watered down terribly when compared to the xbox and ps3 versions of Disney Infinity.) 

SSjEnforcer
  • SSjEnforcer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

GTA is coming to nextgen.

Not sure where the op got his info

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I love it.  Has Rockstar confirmed that it'd never appear on PS4?  With the PSN network sign in, everything gets transferred over to any new future console generations anyway...I see it still thriving.  I'll keep playing.  I have yet to see a successful launch of any new game.  This is pretty typical in the technology world to have bugs.  Disney Infinity was a colossal failure at launch.  That game is broken out of the box and you have to do a forced update or the game isn't even playable.  (And, I feel sorry for any Wii owners of that game as it's watered down terribly when compared to the xbox and ps3 versions of Disney Infinity.) 

Wii... :lol:

• KaptainMyke likes this

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

GTA is coming to nextgen.

Not sure where the op got his info

Give me the link to where they say that.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Good post, OP.

I'm not sure if GTAO will survive.
On one hand, GTA IV and it's expansions are still played by thousands everyday today. You can log onto GTA IV's online and find out for yourself. People are still playing it at this very moment. Knowing this, you'd think GTAO will survive, too.
On the other hand, GTA IV didn't have to worry about a next gen console being released a few months later. I think most people will move on to PS4/XBox One. I'm sure there will still be people playing GTA V, but not as many as those who stuck it out with GTA IV for so long.

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

hitler had that same solution.

see how well that turned out? 

gaoddam if thats not the fastest application of Godwins Law I ever seen

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's not going to last much longer than a month. Online is pretty stale already and the payout nerf makes it even worse. Also next gen comes out next month so theres that as well

RochardingX
  • RochardingX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

So let's get a few things straight...first gta cost just as much as any other game and it's one of the few I have completed and I have spent probably 40-50 hours online. So let's say I have spent 100 hours total playing it. So that about 60 cents an hour. So by the time xbox one comes I will feel I got my money's worth. Gta v is still in my eyes one of the best games ever. And it's one of the first games to have such a large cloud feature. Simcity also did cloud and it was botched for the first month. So I stand fully behind rockstar even if they release an xbox one version and want more money cause I am having lots of fun. Maybe they will reward for being loyal fans and do a digital download of the xbox one version for a discount through social club. I support you rockstar.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

yey! lets all judge a game after 20 days.

how well did WoW work the first months? not to good. and it is still here.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

yey! lets all judge a game after 20 days.

how well did WoW work the first months? not to good. and it is still here.

Two totally different things. It seems as if Grand Theft Auto Online was set up for quick money and not expansion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users