Quantcast

» «
Photo

☠ Grand Theft Auto Online is not going to survive ☠

160 replies to this topic

Poll: The survival of, "Grand Theft Auto Online". (700 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Grand Theft Auto Online will survive?

1. Yes. ✔ (349 votes [49.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.86%

2. I am not sure. (148 votes [21.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

3. No. ✘ (203 votes [29.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

I know that many of you are thinking the same thing, and based on my knowledge, sadly, I think it may be true.

1. The Launch
     As we all know, the launch was horrific. Rockstar hyped up Grand Theft Auto Online beyond belief to the point where nobody could wait any longer for it to be released. On October 1st Grand Theft Auto Online was released and happy players started pouring in, ready to start their journey. Little did every single player know that everything would go to hell. Servers were breaking and everyone's stuff was being deleted. Sadly it is still happening 20 days later.

2. Endurance
     Players started giving up after dealing with everything being deleted and starting from scratch dozens of times. Everyone was furious, every site that had to do with Grand Theft Auto 5 was flamed with frustrated players. After a couple days of major issues and having to start over multiple times, Grand Theft Auto Online already started getting old and boring. It almost seemed like Grand Theft Auto Online was a big mistake. Players simply got so frustrated that they just didn't care anymore and gave up.

3. Economy
     It is now to late to save the economy. Grand Theft Auto Online is now filled with hundreds of thousands of cheaters with substantial amounts of money. The cheaters have been spending and sharing their illegal money with legit players therefore making the money almost impossible to track. All of the players who are still having their accounts deleted will now have to start over again, and that will be very difficult. Especially now with the job payouts being less. And on top of all that, there is a giant $500,000 stimulus package coming our way, ready to imbalance the economy even more, making money that much more worthless.

4. Next Generation
     Sadly, Grand Theft Auto 5 will not be released on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. This means that Grand Theft Auto Online will be a ghost town in the near future. If you were thinking of Grand Theft Auto Online being a constantly updated MMORPG on the console, you thought wrong. I think Grand Theft Auto Online was the last push to squeeze a little more money out of our pockets, and that is not going to work because there is no point in buying GTA$ if you can glitch millions of dollars for free and not get banned. Grand Theft Auto Online being popular is quickly coming to an end, which means Rockstar will be losing money.

5. Trust
     Going along with my Endurance section, this is the last straw. Players no longer trust Rockstar with Grand Theft Auto Online. Grand Theft Auto Online was a disaster from the beginning and still is 20 days later. As thousands of major issues are appearing, things just aren't seeming to get any better. Even if Rockstar says that the issues are or will be fixed, there is an extremely big chance they could be completely wrong. Patch 1.04 was just released to, "fix" a lot of issues, but instead did more harm then it did good. Players can no longer play Grand Theft Auto Online without the thought of everything they are doing being deleted. That right there makes the game not compelling at all.

Solution
     I believe that the only solution to fixing this is by Rockstar calling these past couple of weeks a beta. Grand Theft Auto Online should be completely wiped therefore forcing everyone to start from scratch in a stable environment where a good majority of the glitches and exploits are fixed. Rockstar should also plan on making Grand Theft Auto Online for the next generation consoles. Therefore expanding Grand Theft Auto Online's life span for many years to come. 

What do you think about this? What do you think about Grand Theft Auto Online? Do you think it will survive?

Dude, just no.

Ofcourse GTAO is beta, it's a never ending project that they will add onto with every coming GTA game.
This is it, with GTA VI we will get whatever city that is stuck to this.
It's an ever expanding world and its always unfinished.
They may have land expansions on this gen, but fully fledged cities will only come with next gen.

God you have no clue what GTAO is really all about yet you talk like you know everything, which clearly you don't.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Scream gets it.  The glitchers glitched, including me, because the economy is dumb, and I feel even better after this patch.

Yeah. See, even if you get bored, you just walk away. When the next DLC comes out, you can come back and BAM - you're able to buy anything you want.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing; I think Rockstar's approach with the money system is greedy ("We'll half your pay so that you're more inclined to buy our money!"), and - to be completely honest at the moment - I wished I'd at least glitched a small amount. I'm currently sitting on a high-end apartment, a modded Granger and modded Oracle (I preferred them over Supers), and $134k cash.

Now I'll have to do hours' worth of races to buy any new cars (if I want them), new homes (if/when they're released), and the like. :/

Granted, when heists come out - this could all change. The money from those might make up for everything... but I'm kind of doubting it at this point.

rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

I know that many of you are thinking the same thing, and based on my knowledge, sadly, I think it may be true.

1. The Launch

As we all know, the launch was horrific. Rockstar hyped up Grand Theft Auto Online beyond belief to the point where nobody could wait any longer for it to be released. On October 1st Grand Theft Auto Online was released and happy players started pouring in, ready to start their journey. Little did every single player know that everything would go to hell. Servers were breaking and everyone's stuff was being deleted. Sadly it is still happening 20 days later.

2. Endurance

Players started giving up after dealing with everything being deleted and starting from scratch dozens of times. Everyone was furious, every site that had to do with Grand Theft Auto 5 was flamed with frustrated players. After a couple days of major issues and having to start over multiple times, Grand Theft Auto Online already started getting old and boring. It almost seemed like Grand Theft Auto Online was a big mistake. Players simply got so frustrated that they just didn't care anymore and gave up.

3. Economy

It is now to late to save the economy. Grand Theft Auto Online is now filled with hundreds of thousands of cheaters with substantial amounts of money. The cheaters have been spending and sharing their illegal money with legit players therefore making the money almost impossible to track. All of the players who are still having their accounts deleted will now have to start over again, and that will be very difficult. Especially now with the job payouts being less. And on top of all that, there is a giant $500,000 stimulus package coming our way, ready to imbalance the economy even more, making money that much more worthless.

4. Next Generation

Sadly, Grand Theft Auto 5 will not be released on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. This means that Grand Theft Auto Online will be a ghost town in the near future. If you were thinking of Grand Theft Auto Online being a constantly updated MMORPG on the console, you thought wrong. I think Grand Theft Auto Online was the last push to squeeze a little more money out of our pockets, and that is not going to work because there is no point in buying GTA$ if you can glitch millions of dollars for free and not get banned. Grand Theft Auto Online being popular is quickly coming to an end, which means Rockstar will be losing money.

5. Trust

Going along with my Endurance section, this is the last straw. Players no longer trust Rockstar with Grand Theft Auto Online. Grand Theft Auto Online was a disaster from the beginning and still is 20 days later. As thousands of major issues are appearing, things just aren't seeming to get any better. Even if Rockstar says that the issues are or will be fixed, there is an extremely big chance they could be completely wrong. Patch 1.04 was just released to, "fix" a lot of issues, but instead did more harm then it did good. Players can no longer play Grand Theft Auto Online without the thought of everything they are doing being deleted. That right there makes the game not compelling at all.

Solution

I believe that the only solution to fixing this is by Rockstar calling these past couple of weeks a beta. Grand Theft Auto Online should be completely wiped therefore forcing everyone to start from scratch in a stable environment where a good majority of the glitches and exploits are fixed. Rockstar should also plan on making Grand Theft Auto Online for the next generation consoles. Therefore expanding Grand Theft Auto Online's life span for many years to come. 

What do you think about this? What do you think about Grand Theft Auto Online? Do you think it will survive?

I did the same poll and ppl think it will cuz its GTA. No! GTA V was GTA! GTAO is WoW the first version before YEARS of updates.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 20 October 2013 - 06:49 AM.

1. The launch sucked, and it's been like 3 weeks and still we have issues with saving

2. Rockstar is more worried than anything about people making money at a fair rate, so they cut rewards for missions in half. So now we have easy missions that grant $3000 and semi difficult missions that grant $5000... making them pointless. Really both are pointless because you can do races and make $3000 in like 30 seconds, but I'm sure they'll nerf those to $10 at some point. Wish I had glitched to 100 million if I would have known they were going to make everyone grind for 3 hours to be able to partially customize one car.

3. Not a lot of focus on bugs yet. Still getting cars that duplicate and you can't sell them, still cops and others have shooting skills that are out of this world, still you buy armor and it's gone in three shots, and you die in 3 more. The only time you're safe from cops is in a moving car.

4. The bad sport system sucks in its current state. Me and my buddy decide to leave a tennis match and it warns me that if I quit more games that I'll become a bad sport. Me and my buddy agreed that we were bored and wanted to leave. Don't be assnuts, Rockstar.

5. Don't honk your horn at cops because you'll get one star and they'll shoot at you. Not even joking and this is just one example of how stupidly ridiculous some aspects of the game are. They need attention. 

Other than that the game can be fun... but if they don't start fixing the sh*t that needs fixed and just keep making missions and other things pointless to do then I don't see any reason why this game should continue on. I want to have fun, not grind for money every time I sign in because I decided to paint a car a different color.

SuperSpartan747
  • SuperSpartan747

The Intel Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by SuperSpartan747, 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM.

1. The Launch

That may have been true for the first week, but the server performance is significantly better now than then, and the amount of items and progress being lost is FAR less than before. Even in the chaos that was the launch, the severity of the launch of GTA:O wasn't even close to Diablo III's trainwreck of a launch.

2. Endurance

The online component of the game has not even been active for a whole month. There have been three relatively SMALL patches and NO content updates yet. It doesn't matter how many players were frustrated with the outcome of the launch, a majority of those players will return to the game, in time, as with any other major multiplayer game.

3. Economy

Just because "hundreds of thousands" of cheaters have substantial amounts of money does not mean they will not be stripped of it, and just because Rockstar has not yet released an official statement saying that cheaters will be punished does not mean it will not happen. Again, the online component has not even been out for a month, so obviously there will still be some time before all the major problems are ironed out. The stimulus package will not affect the economy even in the slightest, because $500k is a relatively low amount of cash, given the expenses of housing, vehicle maintenance, and munitions. Also, your point about low job payouts causing a problem will be completely irrelevant once heists are released.

4. Next Generation

You don't know whether GTA V will be coming to next generation consoles or not. Rockstar has not officially confirmed or denied the availability of GTA V on next generation consoles; they simply said they had no plans for ANOTHER GTA yet on next generation consoles. Rockstar is more focused on DLC development than the possibility of a PC/Next-gen console port at the moment. In time, demand will decide the fate of the game.

5. Trust

Once again, GTA:O has not even been out for a whole month. For a multiplayer program of this scale, you have given Rockstar very little time to get everything running as they intended. They had no way to anticipate problems like these, as there is no way to replicate, in a Manhattan office, millions of players attempting to access a high-maintenance cloud server simultaneously. In the past, Rockstar has always delivered what they had promised, and it is incredibly unlikely that they will fail to do that this time.

Solution

You already said thousands of players are frustrated and have given up due to loss of progress. What makes you think a comprehensive, clean wipe of all records will do any long-term good?

My question to you is this: Would you still agree with the points you made here if you had not played the game since launch, but instead starting playing GTA:O, for the first time, 6 months after release, when all the game-breaking bugs are fixed and there is a plethora of DLC?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

2. Rockstar is more worried than anything about people making money at a fair rate, so they cut rewards for missions in half. So now we have easy missions that grant $3000 and semi difficult missions that grant $5000... making them pointless. Really both are pointless because you can do races and make $3000 in like 30 seconds, but I'm sure they'll nerf those to $10 at some point. Wish I had glitched to 100 million if I would have known they were going to make everyone grind for 3 hours to be able to partially customize one car.

It won't last long in my opinion because of this.
They're more worried about making sure it's not easy to make money than they are about making sure our saves don't lose any data.

Before you begin nerfing, you need to make sure your game and your (horrible) method of saving are both stable.

I highly disagree with the halved payouts and have created a thread on Rockstar support (where people have been awesome!) and have several comments plus 40+ upvotes in support of restoring it.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

I hope everyone does leave. I'm looking forward to my crew being the only ones left.

You'll be the only one in your crew if everyone leaves and this being an Online game you better hope everyone doesn't leave, what's the point of playing online if no one is there?.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I hope everyone does leave. I'm looking forward to my crew being the only ones left.

You'll be the only one in your crew if everyone leaves and this being an Online game you better hope everyone doesn't leave, what's the point of playing online if no one is there?.

My crew won't leave. We're all pretty much anti FPS and aren't super eager to beta test the new consoles. I'll probably pick up a PS4 after a few months.

Hortey
  • Hortey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

If it survives depends on if they can stabilize it quick (atm there is a MASSIVE player bleed which will only get much worse once a bunch of high profile games launch in a week or so), deliver on what they promised with heists and whatnot, and make a character transfer option like bf4's 360>xb1.

I can't think of anyone on my entire friends list who I could say for sure would rebuy gta on a new console just to grind all the way back up again unless they made it REALLY fun with some new content.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

My crew won't leave. We're all pretty much anti FPS and aren't super eager to beta test the new consoles. I'll probably pick up a PS4 after a few months.

Same boat - won't be getting a new console for several months after release.
I'm leaning towards PS4, but I'm just going to wait and see which one people are having the lesser amount of issues with.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

I only read the bullet points and I stop reading altogether at number 3.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

The only people who think it won't make it are the ones with no patience. Good god it's only been a little over a month and for most of that a lot of us have had very few issues past the first update. This last update has caused some issues that have lasted a few days but that will be sorted and everything will be back to normal. It's silly to think the whole thing will shut down over this.

• HBSanta likes this

Crazher
  • Crazher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by Crazher, 20 October 2013 - 09:12 AM.

TL;DR

They already have tons of new updates and features in the works for soon™.

The only real problem is the economy, which frankly, to fix that all they need to do is write an algorithm that checks how much money people have made comparing it to their  time spent online.. Or if they sold cars within certain timeframes of eachother..

Or better yet, since everyone and their grandma glitched RP it might just be necessary with a fix for the bugs, the glitches and the unbalanced RP gains - and then RESET THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE - Fix GTA Online at the cost of 3 weeks of players gaining ranks legitimately. It sucks. Its a horrible out, but it would be effective.

Warm custard
  • Warm custard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by Warm custard, 20 October 2013 - 10:37 AM.

I'm all up for wiping the game completely back to the start. I'd have lost my vacca but hey, least the lobbies won't be full of douchebags with tanks and adders. Those are the only ones who are scared of a reset because their **** glitching would have been all in vain.

It'll actually feel worth it getting money in the game without knowing there's people with well over 10 million running about.

Do it rockstar. Do it.

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Utter bullsh*t OP. Only the minority and morons buy the next gen consoles on release date. You would be silly to spend full price on a new system with only 1-2 games you would play. Also, new systems end up having to go back to the shop anyway as many usually have faults.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by NudasPriest, 20 October 2013 - 10:38 AM.

I'd have to say I think a player reset once GTA Online is officially out of unofficial beta (hah!) would be a good thing. Once the bugs and exploits are out of the game, big ones that delete characters, progress, or let players get millions of $ in seconds, once all that sh*t is gone then let's all start from square 1. f*ck it.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by janimal, 20 October 2013 - 10:40 AM.

They'll be fine if they stop letting the janitor write the cloud save routines

Oh BTW, talking of next gen.

Xbone is tightly integrated with azure, allowing developers to take advantage of cloud saves if they wish! oh dear :)

• GTALegion likes this

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Solution

That is simply not a viable soultion. A lot of people have put a lot of time into the game, despite all the problems it still has (And I don't mean the glitchers, I mean people who played the game legitimately to afford the car and appartement they desired).The only thing that keeps me in the game at the moment is hoping that at some point in the near future they'll add new exciting content. Other than that, I don't see a point in playing the game much longer. I'm certainly not going to try to get back to where I am now in game if the game gets swiped. And I think a lot of players feel that way.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Of course it will survive its still early days give it time.

keenanandkel984
  • keenanandkel984

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by keenanandkel984, 20 October 2013 - 10:58 AM.

It's too late for the economy. R* are paralysed by their own indecision.

Reset is the best option. It will piss off a lot of casual players who aren't even aware of all the glitching, but those people are already getting screwed well enough anyway. Maybe they can add some sort of optional "prestige" reset to access the new DLC, and all new players are opted in by default. I don't think they will though.

I'm gutted because I don't enjoy the lack of variety in online FPSs. There will always be fanboys to defend R*, in fact eventually that's all who will be left. Maybe in 5 years they will get it right second time around, and actually do an official beta.

Alexture
  • Alexture

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

My character was not deleted so maybe it's just me not getting what you guys went through, but how much progress could you have made in a few days that you can't do again in another few days? I'm sure it's annoying but hey, whoever played in October was basically a beta tester so I don't see the big deal.

I do agree that giving $500K to everybody means everyone will own an expensive apartment now, and that glitchers will remain millionaires but so what? It's just the first month. If glitchers become bored with the game since they already have everything and nothing to work for, and more people join in, slowly we will reach a balance.

adirtygriff
  • adirtygriff

Square and weird

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:06 AM Edited by HunterGriff, 20 October 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Umm no. Have a lil faith in R* for god sake not every thing can be 100% perfect that's life get over it

To be fair, They've had from April 2008 to October 1st, 2013 to get things perfect...Three Games with outstanding multiplayer (GTA 4, RDR, Max payne 3, which yes I understand were most likely developed by different versions of R*, I always assumed if one game comes out terrible it affects the entire company as a whole...so yeah...), Then there's this goddamn travesty called GTA Online, they had 5 to 6 years to get this down...They could have been a little bit more prepared.

• M210F likes this

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Will survive much longer than the glitchers and grief ears are gonna play it. Then the real fun

Actually, I think the game will last the longest FOR the glitchers.
At the rate Rockstar is nerfing ways to get money, they'll be the only ones who can afford anything from future DLC.

No, glitchers cheat to get all the money they need. Then they end up buying everything and become bored quickly as they have nothing to strive for. Whereas a legitimate player will play a long time because he/she has to earn all of his/her money to get the stuff he/she wants.

Not with the most recent patch.
You now have to double the work to get the same amounts of money we were getting last week. That's turning off a lot of people, as there isn't a huge variety (those 500 missions they promised? There's actually less than 300 - and many give no money if you're on the losing team).

Glitchers will have the money to spend on everything that gets released later while, like you said, the rest of us will have to work.

Regardless of whether glitching is right or wrong, they can come and go as they please and try out the new things when the DLC is released. We'll still be on our hundred-and-eightieth hour of 

there isnt enough variety in the game for legit players to keep coming back to it week after week,striving for new cars etc will eventually become boring & pointless when you realise that the goal & reaching it has no reward in terms of gameplay.they even messed single player up in terms of earning money (lester & the stock exchange) if you waited until you did his missions you had more money than you ever needed so looking after properties became pointless , if you never waited it would take forever to reach that money so you could afford all the properties.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Not getting a next gen console until the next Grand Theft Auto is announced

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I hope everyone but the GTA fans leave.  I have yet to see many GTA fans complain about much.

• Casp3r421 likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

No, first impressions are important and it's been a complete disaster.

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

640px-Jock_Cranley_ridiculizaci%C3%B3n2.

• archiebunker and BusyCookie like this

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by loudanddumb, 20 October 2013 - 12:30 PM.

i dont think wiping everyones data is gonna change anything.. rockstar messed up the whole "idea" "world"

if you dont have 16 players "friends" online is pretty boring 

too much at one time.. rockstar was to stupid and money hungry imo 

people are forgetting the ps3 and going to ps4 and thats whats its all about 

Sir Phil McKraken
  • Sir Phil McKraken

International Squeaker Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hopefully once they have all the actual problems sorted, they can look to adding new content.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Now you see, your solution sucks. I didn`t glitch and didn`t boost. All my levels and money are as legit as they come. Rockstar never said this is an Alpha or a Beta, they only said I am playing at my own risk while they will be fixing the game. 

So, you see, they have no right to reset my own time; not morally, anyway. 52 hours and 50 minutes are MINE, done within the spirit of the game and within the game rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users