Quantcast

» «
Photo

☠ Grand Theft Auto Online is not going to survive ☠

160 replies to this topic

Poll: The survival of, "Grand Theft Auto Online". (700 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Grand Theft Auto Online will survive?

1. Yes. ✔ (349 votes [49.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.86%

2. I am not sure. (148 votes [21.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.14%

3. No. ✘ (203 votes [29.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I know that many of you are thinking the same thing, and based on my knowledge, sadly, I think it may be true.

1. The Launch

As we all know, the launch was horrific. Rockstar hyped up Grand Theft Auto Online beyond belief to the point where nobody could wait any longer for it to be released. On October 1st Grand Theft Auto Online was released and happy players started pouring in, ready to start their journey. Little did every single player know that everything would go to hell. Servers were breaking and everyone's stuff was being deleted. Sadly it is still happening 20 days later.

2. Endurance

Players started giving up after dealing with everything being deleted and starting from scratch dozens of times. Everyone was furious, every site that had to do with Grand Theft Auto 5 was flamed with frustrated players. After a couple days of major issues and having to start over multiple times, Grand Theft Auto Online already started getting old and boring. It almost seemed like Grand Theft Auto Online was a big mistake. Players simply got so frustrated that they just didn't care anymore and gave up.

3. Economy

It is now to late to save the economy. Grand Theft Auto Online is now filled with hundreds of thousands of cheaters with substantial amounts of money. The cheaters have been spending and sharing their illegal money with legit players therefore making the money almost impossible to track. All of the players who are still having their accounts deleted will now have to start over again, and that will be very difficult. Especially now with the job payouts being less. And on top of all that, there is a giant $500,000 stimulus package coming our way, ready to imbalance the economy even more, making money that much more worthless.

4. Next Generation

Sadly, Grand Theft Auto 5 will not be released on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. This means that Grand Theft Auto Online will be a ghost town in the near future. If you were thinking of Grand Theft Auto Online being a constantly updated MMORPG on the console, you thought wrong. I think Grand Theft Auto Online was the last push to squeeze a little more money out of our pockets, and that is not going to work because there is no point in buying GTA$ if you can glitch millions of dollars for free and not get banned. Grand Theft Auto Online being popular is quickly coming to an end, which means Rockstar will be losing money.

5. Trust

Going along with my Endurance section, this is the last straw. Players no longer trust Rockstar with Grand Theft Auto Online. Grand Theft Auto Online was a disaster from the beginning and still is 20 days later. As thousands of major issues are appearing, things just aren't seeming to get any better. Even if Rockstar says that the issues are or will be fixed, there is an extremely big chance they could be completely wrong. Patch 1.04 was just released to, "fix" a lot of issues, but instead did more harm then it did good. Players can no longer play Grand Theft Auto Online without the thought of everything they are doing being deleted. That right there makes the game not compelling at all.

Solution

I believe that the only solution to fixing this is by Rockstar calling these past couple of weeks a beta. Grand Theft Auto Online should be completely wiped therefore forcing everyone to start from scratch in a stable environment where a good majority of the glitches and exploits are fixed. Rockstar should also plan on making Grand Theft Auto Online for the next generation consoles. Therefore expanding Grand Theft Auto Online's life span for many years to come. 

What do you think about this? What do you think about Grand Theft Auto Online? Do you think it will survive?

• MaizeG, henriquedematos, SchwartzJesuz and 4 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

It's GTA.

• JohnMcClainNYPD likes this

Jagblade
  • Jagblade

Counterfeiter

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

If they stay the current course? No.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I hope everyone does leave. I'm looking forward to my crew being the only ones left.

• henriquedematos likes this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

hitler had that same solution.

see how well that turned out? 

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

I don't see it keeping more than an eighth of the current players, come Christmas.
  • Caldy87 likes this

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

At this rate ptfffff. Can it really be this hard to get it right? They have no clue and neither do I.

Vendicta99
  • Vendicta99

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:19 AM Edited by Vendicta99, 20 October 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Truth is once next gen consoles are released I won't be playing gta:o at all so I could care less

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

I can see it lasting at least a year. Probably even longer if they can fix the cloud and move it to the new gens.

Casp3r421
  • Casp3r421

Liberty City OG

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Will survive much longer than the glitchers and grief ears are gonna play it. Then the real fun
  • Hamsterbaffle and OurJud like this

the_D4u?
  • the_D4u?

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

A bit depressing to see it all laid out like that. Good post though :)
  • THEFAM_MCMJ likes this

zspeed
  • zspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

depends on what you mean by survive, it will do just fine despite all the issues it has/had even though it doesn't deserve to.

forever tainted with failure/disappointment and reaching full potential is out of the question now.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

It will last a long time. At least 5 years. Look how long the Ballad Of Gay Tony lasted and there wasn't anything really to do online except cruise around and blow up people. 

• dOn DaDa ShOttA and The Rangler like this

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Will survive much longer than the glitchers and grief ears are gonna play it. Then the real fun

Actually, I think the game will last the longest FOR the glitchers.
At the rate Rockstar is nerfing ways to get money, they'll be the only ones who can afford anything from future DLC.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by Jock Cranley, 20 October 2013 - 05:30 AM.

At the rate Rockstar is nerfing ways to get money, they'll be the only ones who can afford anything from future DLC.

No, glitchers cheat to get all the money they need. Then they end up buying everything and become bored quickly as they have nothing to strive for. Whereas a legitimate player will play a long time because he/she has to earn all of his/her money to get the stuff he/she wants.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

No, glitchers cheat to get all the money they need. Then they end up buying everything and become bored quickly as they have nothing to strive for. Whereas a legitimate player will play a long time because he/she has to earn all of his/her money to get the stuff he/she wants.

Not with the most recent patch.
You now have to double the work to get the same amounts of money we were getting last week. That's turning off a lot of people, as there isn't a huge variety (those 500 missions they promised? There's actually less than 300 - and many give no money if you're on the losing team).

Glitchers will have the money to spend on everything that gets released later while, like you said, the rest of us will have to work.

Regardless of whether glitching is right or wrong, they can come and go as they please and try out the new things when the DLC is released. We'll still be on our hundred-and-eightieth hour of farming.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

^ That

zspeed
  • zspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

never got this argument. if the glitchers were the type of people to enjoy progress over instant-gratification they wouldn't have glitched to begin with. and if they're bored with everything, they would have definitely been bored with practically nothing. truth is if they were to quit it would have little to nothing to do with a glitch and everything to do with their obviously short attention span

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

Not with the most recent patch.
You now have to double the work to get the same amounts of money we were getting last week. That's turning off a lot of people, as there isn't a huge variety (those 500 missions they promised? There's actually less than 300 - and many give no money if you're on the losing team).

Glitchers will have the money to spend on everything that gets released later while, like you said, the rest of us will have to work.

Regardless of whether glitching is right or wrong, they can come and go as they please and try out the new things when the DLC is released. We'll still be on our hundred-and-eightieth hour of farming.

Okay, well would you feel better if all the cheaters were reset leaving everyone earning the same amount of cash so that your hard work reflects on the amount of money you have?

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

never got this argument. if the glitchers were the type of people to enjoy progress over instant-gratification they wouldn't have glitched to begin with. and if they're bored with everything, they would have definitely been bored with practically nothing. truth is if they were to quit it would have little to nothing to do with a glitch and everything to do with their obviously short attention span

Hard to explain but glitchers don't know it and neither may you, but it is human nature. Of course the cheater won't think he will get bored, but he will. If you want to know more about why I think this way then message me.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

Okay, well would you feel better if all the cheaters were reset leaving everyone earning the same amount of cash so that your hard work reflects on the amount of money you have?

I honestly don't think I'd feel one way or the other. :/

I'm just not too fond of the decisions, implementations, and bugs that Rockstar's had with GTA:O since release. I feel like it had a lot of potential and they're dismantling that bit by bit.

lBloodStar
  • lBloodStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Umm no. Have a lil faith in R* for god sake not every thing can be 100% perfect that's life get over it
  • THEFAM_MCMJ likes this

zspeed
  • zspeed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by zspeed, 20 October 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Hard to explain but glitchers don't know it and neither may you, but it is human nature. Of course the cheater won't think he will get bored, but he will. If you want to know more about why I think this way then message me.

my point was the same people that would have quit with everything probably would have quit in a similar amount of time regardless of the glitch. progress can be an addictive fun thing but it isn't for everyone. there's outliers on both sides of the fence: glitchers who will play longer because they will enjoy being able to use whatever whenever and get new content at their hearts content, and people who said 'OMG FREE MONIE$$$'  when they heard of the LSC glitch without thinking it through and end up getting bored, but it's hardly as prevalent as you're making it seem.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

I honestly don't think I'd feel one way or the other. :/

I'm just not too fond of the decisions, implementations, and bugs that Rockstar's had with GTA:O since release. I feel like it had a lot of potential and they're dismantling that bit by bit.

I totally agree with you. Why they couldn't improve on all of this over the past 5½ years? I have no idea.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

my point was the same people that would have quit with everything probably would have quit in a similar amount of time regardless of the glitch. progress can be an addictive fun thing but it isn't for everyone. there's outliers on both sides of the fence: glitchers who will play longer because they will enjoy being able to use whatever whenever and get new content at their hearts content, and people who said 'OMG FREE MONIE$$$'  when they heard of the LSC glitch without thinking it through and end up getting bored, but it's hardly as prevalent as you're making it seem.

True, I just know that a good majority of people that have everything they can ever usually tend to get bored easier based on my experience. But good point.

philthethrill81
  • philthethrill81

Japan makes hawt women (ai shinozake)

• Members

who cares

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

it will last until the next rockstar game.. get some f*cking common sense kid.

Jock Cranley
  • Jock Cranley

Governor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

it will last until the next rockstar game.. get some f*cking common sense kid.

Settle down litlle guy.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Scream gets it.  The glitchers glitched, including me, because the economy is dumb, and I feel even better after this patch.

Victor_714
  • Victor_714

Kid Detector

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

If they stay the current course? No.

Its confirmed. They have mini transactions therefore they must go next gen. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users