Quantcast

» «
Photo

Something I just noticed.

60 replies to this topic

Poll: Making the steering wheel actually move. (121 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this implemented in the future?

1. Yes (45 votes [37.19%])

Percentage of vote: 37.19%

2. No (7 votes [5.79%])

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

3. Doesn't matter (69 votes [57.02%])

Percentage of vote: 57.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Lol.. You bid good bye right?.. must be that you still trying to catch my point in the mind

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

There it is again. This thread must be haunted. Soo scary.
  • zombieRAGE likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Just chill! We are all friendly here. Never mind if you don't get my mind and you are right to the point that it would waste Rockstar's time since they can't ignore yoga, chop training session, tennis and many critical elements that proved ground breaking immersion in a GTA game.

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by TGroves14, 20 October 2013 - 06:58 AM.

Happy Halloween muahahahaha
  • zombieRAGE likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Point has finally caught TGroves14 pulses and confirms to join the league in favour of steering wheel.
Good boy!
But must say you take a lot of time to understand a simple point

Istoned
  • Istoned

I give the best gifts.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I read this thread and still don't get the point. R* could have not put 1 steering wheel in any car and id still enjoy the game. Please explain why this is a big deal? I'm not trying to be a smartass but really want a explanation.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

TGroves14 got the point so just PM him to get the point.

Istoned
  • Istoned

I give the best gifts.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

TGroves14 got the point so just PM him to get the point.

Happy Halloween? That's what I got. I totally get it now.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Haha..
Great to see our league grow!

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Post-order cancelled. 

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Imagine 5 years in development and what a silly oversight.
In real life who enjoys a car drive without a steering wheel?
May be... hmm...any guesses?

guess what, it's not real life, it's a video game. It's not an oversight at all. It would be a waste of R*'s time to put this in the game when there is no interior 1st person view. Get over it. Such a stupid thing to whine about. Boo freaking hoo.

Sounds like someone got a little butthurt over someone else having an opinion. We're all entitled to them, so quit getting so damn defensive.

R* went for realism with this game, yet the steering wheel looks like a stationary stop sign with a texture thrown on top and I find that incredibly distracting. Sure, you're not gonna be paying attention to it when you're in a chase, but what about when you're just crusiing around and looking behind you. That's when it's most noticable.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Not gonna lie. The very first thing I did when getting in a car was to see if the steering wheel actually moved.

Of course it's not much of a big deal, but after a so many GTA games, I thought that finally we would get real steering wheels this time.

At least next gen is around the corner, so I hope the technology is good enough to make this happen. I know, it's a really crazy idea, but I think Rockstar will eventually make moving steering wheels someday!

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Personally, I dont care about the steering wheel, BUT why the hell no friggin seat belt or air bags?! lol lol lollipop lol.  Would stop me being wasted.  I suggest a patch for double tap L1 (PS3) for apply seat belt.

This post is funny and I agree with Sol86star - we are all friendly here so chill it. 

Mind you, (just to stir it up) I would be more concerned about Trevor's calendar that always says August instead of a steering wheel - at least I can actually see that! 

Good read this post, even if for the wrong reasons.

Danielpls
  • Danielpls

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

If we're looking at the small details here, don't forget the wheels don't stay turned when you park and exit your car! 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I never actually noticed this before...

I'm sure most wouldn't. I mean who the f*ck pays attention to the steering wheel in a chase?

This would be unacceptable if there was an interior view, but because there's not I don't see the problem.

I have to admit, when I parked my Monroe in Chumash and paid attention to it's details, I turned the steering wheel and noticed the wheel didn't move. I didn't care but I thought about it lol.

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by TGroves14, 20 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

guess what, it's not real life, it's a video game. It's not an oversight at all. It would be a waste of R*'s time to put this in the game when there is no interior 1st person view. Get over it. Such a stupid thing to whine about. Boo freaking hoo.

Sounds like someone got a little butthurt over someone else having an opinion. We're all entitled to them, so quit getting so damn defensive.
R* went for realism with this game, yet the steering wheel looks like a stationary stop sign with a texture thrown on top and I find that incredibly distracting. Sure, you're not gonna be paying attention to it when you're in a chase, but what about when you're just crusiing around and looking behind you. That's when it's most noticable.
awe poor little baby. Looks like someone can't the truth. Your never getting a moving steering wheel. Wahhhhhh wwwaahhh. Go cry to your mommy.
  • zombieRAGE likes this

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's actually really weird that they paid so much attention to detail in this game, yet they didn't make the steering wheel..steer. But to be honest, the animations when driving are really good and responsive that you can barely ever notice that the steering wheel doesn't turn.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Guys TGroves14 is a naughty boy of our league. Don't mind him he is a bright kid perhaps little odd tastes and lack of ... ...

zombieRAGE
  • zombieRAGE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

awe poor little baby. Looks like someone can't the truth. Your never getting a moving steering wheel. Wahhhhhh wwwaahhh. Go cry to your mommy.
:^: this. @tgroves is right, you babies need to get over it.
  • TGroves14 likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

The Adder, Banshee, and Z Type's lack of windshield wipers bother me more than this. Might as well add the lack of fuel caps on most vehicles to the list too. They miss out a lot of details on vehicles.

• Sting4S likes this

KiiNGKiiLL
  • KiiNGKiiLL

Semper Fatalis Leader

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:16 AM Edited by KiiNGKiiLL, 01 November 2013 - 06:16 AM.

How does one can't the truth? For real though, I rest my case. It was a simple suggestion and y'all made it into a big deal. 

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:23 AM Edited by neku_neku, 01 November 2013 - 07:26 AM.

PC rocks
Consoles .. Uff .. thank goodness they have retired.
@ TGroves14.. Did you find any game? Dont hesitate google search.. Bcoz its not stupid feature!

omg pc versus console? again?

why in the first place rockstar release the gtav for the consoles and not the pc? think! they know that they can make +++++ money. just wait for pc release then :pp

btw let say there are 20 cars loaded in the map around you with all of the steering wheel are animated. it just wasting of memory and reduce the fps.. kifflom brothers

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Then its not revolutionary

Did gta 3 had it? no

DId gta san andreas had it? no

Did gta iv had it? no

And who said that its: "revolutionary"?

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

you mean the bikes then? because in the cars I and my friends drive, the steering wheel just turns like it should be... :S

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

All right, just chill
but must say you guys are not getting the point!

not getting the point? It's a f*cking video game. I see your point, it's stupid. That's my point. You get that?

It's an opinion dude. We are entitled to them, I'm not actually sure what the question is though, is it for the wheel in the car to move (not a big deal) or to be able to use a wheel....?

I tried it on IV to see what it was like and it was pretty weird, made the game a little more interesting.

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

@sol you're really coming off as a butt-hurt baby in all of this and the voting should show you that the majority of people think it's an unimportant and insignificant detail.

We get the point, just don't agree with it.

Do you think rockstar "overlooked" the protags feet hitting brake and accelerator pedals too, putting on the hand-brake and taking out the keys when they get out of the car?

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well if the flip flops can flip & flop than the steering wheel should turn. I don't notice it most of the time but if im driving my Carbonizzare with no top and I notice the immovable steering wheel, then yes it takes me out of the game. It's not like everybody noticed the flip flopping flip flops.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

In my wholehearted and honest opinion, I'd much rather them figure out how to make turn signals work properly on a user-controlled vehicle than a functioning steering wheel.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well if the flip flops can flip & flop than the steering wheel should turn. I don't notice it most of the time but if im driving my Carbonizzare with no top and I notice the immovable steering wheel, then yes it takes me out of the game. It's not like everybody noticed the flip flopping flip flops.

I didn't notice the flip & flop of those flip flops... now im sad :(

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I didn't notice the flip & flop of those flip flops... now im sad :(

I did, and let me assure you, it doesn't last long. You see it, say : '' Oh ! His flip flops are flip floppings, cool. '' and then it dies, forever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users