Photo

I have yet to see a single armored truck online

53 replies to this topic
GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Maybe this will help. I had the same issue. Was level 75 and hadn't seen a single one plus a friend I usually roll with hasn't had any show up either. So one day I was in an invite only session with out club president. I mentioned I hadn't seen any and he said he sees them all the time. After doing a few missions and screwing around, he tells me "Hey check your map!" . Sure enough, there's an armored car moving down the highway near us. I attack it and walk away with just shy of $10,000. All of a sudden I'm seeing them everywhere. Ever since then I see them, less frequently but they are there.

So the other night I tell my friend that I roll with all the time that I finally got one. He still hasn't seen one. After a little while, I point out one on the map. Sure enough it's there on his too. He attacks it and takes the money. Now they show up all the time for him.

If your not getting any to show up try this.

-Invite only session
-Bring someone that has robbed an armored car.
-Have them point out when they see one.
-Make sure you are the one that attacks it and gets the money.

After that they should show up for you. Also remember that if your in a public session you will see less because other people will probably be jumping on the spawns. Also, when you attack when it sends up a session wide message to everyone, so be careful.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

This gives me hope! Thank you!

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Just entered a new invite only sessions, as soon as I left my house, an armored car spawned on the street to the left of my garage :3

This is how I usually find them now. I heard that if you drop in from story mode into an invite only they spawn more. Every time I start my game for the first time, I come from story mode into an invite session and when I leave my garage, there is one right around the corner. Going to try this repeatedly tonight to see if this makes them spawn every time.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 20 October 2013 - 06:57 AM.

I've seen several Armoured Trucks in Invite only Sessions, I try to rob them to and succeeded. When 1 appears near you you'll get a message.

• Toastmasta likes this

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

They are rare.  I was beginning to think I was more likely to see a leprechaun but then I started seeing them all the time,  I've successfully robbed 3 of them and received 8-10K each time.

They only appear for a few seconds so you really have to pay attention to your feed and the mini map.  If you don't act right away, it will disappear.

• King Jose likes this

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:52 AM Edited by MrBlackwell, 20 October 2013 - 06:57 AM.

Maybe this will help. I had the same issue. Was level 75 and hadn't seen a single one plus a friend I usually roll with hasn't had any show up either. So one day I was in an invite only session with out club president. I mentioned I hadn't seen any and he said he sees them all the time. After doing a few missions and screwing around, he tells me "Hey check your map!" . Sure enough, there's an armored car moving down the highway near us. I attack it and walk away with just shy of $10,000. All of a sudden I'm seeing them everywhere. Ever since then I see them, less frequently but they are there.

So the other night I tell my friend that I roll with all the time that I finally got one. He still hasn't seen one. After a little while, I point out one on the map. Sure enough it's there on his too. He attacks it and takes the money. Now they show up all the time for him.

If your not getting any to show up try this.

-Invite only session
-Bring someone that has robbed an armored car.
-Have them point out when they see one.
-Make sure you are the one that attacks it and gets the money.

After that they should show up for you. Also remember that if your in a public session you will see less because other people will probably be jumping on the spawns. Also, when you attack when it sends up a session wide message to everyone, so be careful.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

This gives me hope! Thank you!
My pleasure! If you need help getting one to spawn, send me an invite on PSN (if your on PS3). Put armored car in the friend request message and I will try to help if I can. :)

EDIT: Woops. Sorry. PSN Bkcub.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm level 44, seen about 6 trucks

What I've noticed:

-they spawn for me in la Mesa
-only seen them invite only sessions
-they only spawn within a few minutes of starting a new session. Have yet to see them spawn after a mission or extended game play
-last one payed out $7134 x3 for about 22k do it is possible to get decent payouts
-it's obvious when they spawn you will see a message and a truck icon on map

vikdoom
  • vikdoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

just played with my friendand thegame got glitched or something they spawned over and over non stop for about 40 armored cars

just kept hitting them

yup that happened to me too in crew session with one friend, we both made over 100k out of it !

Starskos
  • Starskos

Wasted

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think it to do with ranking, if you're in a lobby/ FM with players who haven't unlocked them they won't spawn. Seems this way to me anyway, haven't seen many online except after the odd occasion I'm left alone in a lobby & they start spawning, sometimes one after another.

Also maybe why they spawn in invite lobbies, where all players are ranked high enough.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by RuiRuichi, 20 October 2013 - 02:37 PM.

I'm level 44, seen about 6 trucks

What I've noticed:

-they spawn for me in la Mesa
-only seen them invite only sessions
-they only spawn within a few minutes of starting a new session. Have yet to see them spawn after a mission or extended game play
-last one payed out $7134 x3 for about 22k do it is possible to get decent payouts
-it's obvious when they spawn you will see a message and a truck icon on map

They spawn all the time in Del Pierro for me, just around my 205K apartment lol. As soon as I leave it, one would pop out.

Also I want to refute that theory about a mission or extended play. Yesterday I was 1 hour in and did Out of Court Settlement, one armored car popped out on my map after I went back to freemode, just a few meters away from Martin's house.

Also I was maybe 2 hours in and I just finished getting a crate drop, as  soon as I finished getting it, an armored car popped out, it was near LSC ( Near El Burro heights).

I think it's really random... OP must be one unlucky guy.

Also I have played in all kinds of sessions, Solo, Friend only, Crew Only, Invite Only and I have experienced an Armored Truck or 2 in each kind.

MitchyK
  • MitchyK

United Liberty Paper, Employee Of The Month

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Saw two online, with my original character, blew them open, got $2500 each one. They're practically empty by that standard. Not worth the 3 stars and hassle unless you like the chase, cos the money certainly isn't worth it. It's barely more than knocking over a store!

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

So last night was armored car night. I set out with my friend to try to determine if the spawns are random or not.

Sure enough as soon as I logged into a Closed Crew Session and exited my garage, there was one around the corner. My apartment is the 205k one in Del Pierro. I am also level 84.

I exited to story mode and tried again several times to no avail. Shortly after my friend joined the session. Having no luck with my theory we set out to rob a crusader from the army base. After a 4 star wanted level I finally had my crusader. All of a sudden I see an armored car. We hit it and then another appeared. One after another they kept showing up. Wherever we were, they were there. Paleto Bay, Sandy Shores and Vinewood Hills. After 2 hours, we attacked about 97 armored trucks and cumulatively netted just shy of $500k. Although they were seemingly random here's a few things I noticed.

1.) Around midnight they would disappear until 2:00am game time.
2.) After a Crate was inbound, dropped, and retrieved by Arms Smugglers they would appear again.

Probably one of the funnest and most profitable sessions I have had so far in GTA. I'm sure it is glitched, and usually random other than the indicators I listed I have no clue how to encourage the spawns. Going to have a go at it again tonight. :)

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Saw two online, with my original character, blew them open, got $2500 each one. They're practically empty by that standard. Not worth the 3 stars and hassle unless you like the chase, cos the money certainly isn't worth it. It's barely more than knocking over a store!

This is not true IMO. I have had some of them drop $15k. Some do drop lower amounts but most I have found have a pretty nice amount inside. Drive straight to LSC or call Lester to ditch your wanted level and it's practically free money. Lol

Troublesome86
  • Troublesome86

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I had a streak of them 2 days ago, made 170k+ in just over an hour, highest take from one was $15,444.

I also noticed that the higher your level, the higher the take, my friend, level 42 was averaging around 3k each where as I, level 75, was pulling 10-15k.

Gameday was Monday, we thought this might have something to do with them spawning, might not be but now that it's said somebody might notice a pattern.

farfromsane
  • farfromsane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I've only ever seen them in solo and invite only rooms. I usually come across two per day.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

i see them all the time. you need to drive around in free roam more often. 

He's level 110.

Pretty sure he's done a good amount of driving.

obviously not enough if he hasn't seen any.  

Or possibly a poorly designed minimap where you cant see any of the icons because they all overlap on the border.

Cylon
  • Cylon

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

What is the minimum level you need to be for them to spawn? 

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Easiest way to do them is have a person in a heli to pick you up after you grab the cash. Easy getaway.

Sir Phil McKraken
  • Sir Phil McKraken

International Squeaker Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yeah I've never one either in public games so I'll try the invite-only thing :)

Assassin13
  • Assassin13

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

blasted one open earlier..only got around 4-5k

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Just seen 3 in a row

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Quick tip:

They drop multiple bags out the back of the armored cars, so it's easy to miss one.

Keep an eye on the back of the truck when they start flying out.

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Seen two within the last hour. Payouts were small approx 2100x2 and 2134x4

Toastmasta
  • Toastmasta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

2044 x2. They definitely changed the amount that drops because before 1.04 it would be random. Got 15k and 22k before the patch. . (7200x3)

MrBlackwell
  • MrBlackwell

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hit over 20 trucks last night again. Most dropped around 10k with some dropping over 20k. I'm rank 94 now. I still can't find any method to the spawn other than what I posted previously. Also the patch did not change anything. I think with the cloud servers being screwed up is causing the massive amount of spawns on my end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users